Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

The Miracles Of Prayers (3) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Miracles Of Prayers (3) (184 Views)

The Miracles Which Got T.b Joshua Into Trouble / Pastor E.A Adeboye Celebrates 77th Birthday With Powerful Word Of Prayers / Types Of Prayers Mentioned In The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Miracles Of Prayers (3) by beckhapa: 4:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
Prevailing Word: “Now unto him, that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us”-Ephesians 3:20
Memory Verse: “Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart”-Proverbs-4:21
As far as Ephesians 3:20 is concerned, prayer=asking=thinking. In other words, asking is prayer and thinking is also prayer. God is able to provide or manifest anything you ask or think for the 7 billion people that live on earth. That will give you an idea of how omnipotent our God is.
And you know how imaginative a human can be. Practically everything you see on earth that has been made by man- is a product of man’s imagination. God can exceed our highest thoughts easily and effortlessly. If you can imagine it, God can manifest it for you.
So let us concentrate today on “the thinking dimension” of prayer. Unfortunately, the average believer has not been taught about his/her mind. In fact, many bible teachers actually discourage people from “thinking”. We are to only pursue “revelation knowledge” –but we forget that it still takes thinking to process all knowledge- including revelation knowledge.
Do you not realize that “thinking” is a type of prayer? Thinking is a choice. Science tells us that at least four thoughts bombard our minds each minute and if we are not careful, we will be distracted by them. What kind of thinking does Ephesians 3:20 refer to?
Deliberate, focused, thinking! Thoughts that are based on the word of God. Proverbs 4:20-21 tells us, “My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes: Keep them in the midst of thine heart! You have to deliberately choose to think and visualize God’s word in your thought life. That ‘s prayer.
This means that prayer is Not just a matter of talking. Of course, it almost always involves talking but we must first come to realize that it actually involves thinking much more. And lest we forget, “thinking” here does not mean “worrying” or “being anxious”.
“Thinking” is a deliberate effort on your part to agree with what God has said about your prayer points. It is also an attempt on your part to use your imagination to “see” the answer to your prayers. It involves “casting down all imaginations (mental pictures) and thoughts that contradict the very prayer you have prayed.
Thinking means screening your thoughts in line with Philippians 4:8. If a thought is true but not lovely, you have no business thinking about it. If it is true, honest, just but not of good report, you reject it. By the time you have screened every thought in line with Philippians 4:8, you will be left with only powerful; thoughts that are in line with your miracle. The Bible says, “THINK ON THESE THINGS”.
In other words, having a spirit of prayer is being in a “state of mind” where you are 100% dwelling on your miracle or answer to your prayers. Many times we pray for miracles but dwell mentally on the wrong-stuff. What are your prevailing thoughts? What are you dwelling mentally on?
Prayer is thinking and dwelling mentally on what God said until it permeates your consciousness. Dwell mentally on the miracles you desire. See it as done. See it as perfected in Christ. Stop dwelling on your problem. Stop dwelling on “how can these things be?” Stop dwelling on what the devil is doing. Stop dwelling on what your enemies said. Stop dwelling on how bad things are.
Stop mentioning or discussing the problem. Start mentioning and discussing the answer. Stop analyzing how it will happen. Start talking as if it has already happened.
Remember how omnipotent your God is. He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above “whatever you ask or think.” No matter how you enlarge your request, He can handle it. If you can think or imagine it, God will deliver and manifest it.
Stop limiting what God can do. God says, “bring it on, and I will do it”. This means that every praying person should also be a thinker. Ask the Holy Ghost to think with you. He has already invited you to “reason together” with him (Isaiah 1:19).
Expand your mind. Expand your requests. Expand your imagination. When old and childless Abraham struggled to believe he could become a father of many children. God told him to “count the stars” as a way of removing the limitations on his mind. Most of the obstacles we face in life are more in our minds than anywhere else. No wonder the bible enjoins us to meditate on the word. Think about the miracles in the bibles. Let them provide food for your mind. Re-live them until they become real to you. Look at your day to day problems with the “eye” of bible miracles. Remember that God is able to do today what He did yesterday. May God bless you with a thinking mind, and may your thoughts focus on the answer!
Bible Reading: Joshua 15,16,17 and John7
Action Point: I will create miracles in my life and round me by listening to messages on the subject of my interest and also reading books on the subject of focus! I will meditate on them until it becomes real to me!

(1) (Reply)

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe" Is It Required / Stories Of Great Men. / Bible Stories (51): Joseph's Bloodstained Coat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.