Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,828 members, 7,806,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Lagos At Risk Of Being Partially Submerged - Goldman Sachs Report - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos At Risk Of Being Partially Submerged - Goldman Sachs Report (24569 Views)

Lokoja Flood: Over 700 Houses Submerged, Billions Lost In Kogi State, Nigeria / Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video) / Asaba: Vehicles Submerged In Mud Water As Flood Ravages Nnebisi Road (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos At Risk Of Being Partially Submerged - Goldman Sachs Report by uuzba(m): 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2019
Femeto:
Eko Atlantic would be in the Atlantic by then.
They are the ones that used their eye to go and build house inside water. They should take it like that
Re: Lagos At Risk Of Being Partially Submerged - Goldman Sachs Report by hustlelegit(m): 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2019
uuzba:

Do you know how cold that place is?
-200°C. (Minus).
Do you know there's no water or air there?
Oyibo have money to waste. Be watching science fiction there.
Mr science fiction, you should know my word "time to go mars" was only meant as a joke and nothing more. And I know it is an impossible mission as of now, but will be possible in the nearest future .space x NASA and Co are racing towards Mars. So what I said was just a joke
Re: Lagos At Risk Of Being Partially Submerged - Goldman Sachs Report by claycares: 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2019
post=82734770]
Since all these more developed cities are at risk for the same flooding that Lagos is about to experience.
The best thing is for Lagos State Government to see the measures these other cities will take and seek out help in good time.

God bless Lagos state.
God bless Nigeria. [/quote]

[quote author=creedencity
:
Resultant effect of urbanization, continuous craving for civilization coupled with i don't care attitude of everyone of us..... We all jointly made the drum, let's dance to the tune.

There's little we can do. I believe the cause is from the planetary system, you either evacuate or evolve. Recent developments like Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin, Elon Musk's SpaceX, ISRO, Virgin Galactic all supports this fact.

gaetano:
Tinubu will not take this report at all. This is the time to scatter Nigerias asset across different states. This is a disaster i don't think we can avoid, but politics will not allow them. Imagine spending billions building railway to north from Lagos then it gets submerged. It's time to look at the Niger delta region.
Our leaders are clueless, if they have just common sense they'd enrich their people for greater wealth. You get little money from politics if your people are poor and make more if you make your people rich. That said, reliance on oil will be a thing of the past in the coming decade, why? Electric cars powered by batteries and 5G has come. These two tech will throw oil dependent nations into more hyperinflation because connected electric cars need faster gigabit internet which 5G has brought.

Few staggering facts: Norway has the world's largest plug-in segment market share of new car sales, 49.1% in 2018. Plug-in are electric cars smiley

crazyABO:
Watch some people storm this place with Lagos is overrated, lagos is this lagos is that yet if u tell them they going to lagos tomorrow them no go sleep grin lol let that time come first all those state wey flood don almost finish them shey research no reach there Abeg
This type of thinking is why we are where we are today. Who e help so far?

RexTramadol1:
Impossible

With all the sacrifices wey we don carry for adamo orisha

Bros forget that fairytale like the religious people that haven't been able to lift this country from her kneels with those decades of thunderous prayers.

Adamo Orisha and others are fairytales. The whole world and its actors, plus Hitler, Trump, Adeboye, Bakare, Imams, etc are all like a TINY spec in the Galaxy. Our planetary system is just one small system among others formed in accretion process and all the systems are all connected, e.g. the pull of the moon and the sun's gravitational force is causing ocean waves on earth. grin But some people believe it's just natural.

Femich18:
We have been hearing this for a very long time
Yes but ask yourself does it used to rain in October? Does it rain all year round previously in Lagos? Ask yourself again, has there been anything like the massive flooding in Mozambique, Malawi and Zimbabwe that happened this year? Naysayers - Smh

SenecaTheYonger:

Trump doesn't believe there's anything like climate change, so he pulled the US of A out of the Paris Accord.

The Paris Accord or The Paris Agreement called for a balance of climate finance between adaptation and mitigation, and specifically underscoring the need to increase adaptation support for parties most vulnerable to the effects of climate change, including Least Developed Countries like Nigeria.

Goldman has released this study in the hope of convincing Trump's Administration that ignoring climate change may spell doom for our world.
The truth is that NASA has admit that climate change occurs because of changes in Earth’s solar orbit, and NOT because of SUVs and fossil fuels. See https://dcdirtylaundry.com/nasa-admits-that-climate-change-occurs-because-of-changes-in-earths-solar-orbit-and-not-because-of-suvs-and-fossil-fuels/
https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-08-30-nasa-admits-climate-change-not-caused-by-suvs-fossil-fuels.html

Ayhomes:
Lagos is divine nothing will happen to us here
Keep deceiving yourself while continuing living in a bondage that a superior race has placed you in.

calddon:
Climate change is a big threat to the whole world.

Some days ago, youths in major cities all over the world were involved in protest and public march in their thousands to create awareness as to the dangers of climate change. While this was going on Nigerian youths were busy killing dia sef over bbnaija, very soon y'all be watching bbnaija underwater. Yeye generation. angry
The black man does not have focus but can pick up focus the moment he's in a different ecosystem.

Jabioro:
Creating of fearful report is a crime to humanity..even in Lagos there are still thousand of acre of virgin land with beautiful ecological life..make dem carry their go Mars and Venus
I'd advise you take some time to study very well, it will help not only you but all humanity.

engrchykae:
maybe we are about to the end of our era,just like the former civilizations before us
Most likely because the universe is in a continuous state of flux. We can see that in the fossils of the previous eras dating back millions of years but naysayers wouldn't agree because it's convenient for them or they're in the bondage of religion.

CaseSensitive:
There will be nothing left of Lake Chad in few years to come. Climate change taking its toll, rising population and poor irrigation system. Lake Chad is shrinking!
Yup but naysayers don't see this but they're convinced Christ is coming.

CaseSensitive:
Unless we tone down on our CO2 and GHG emissions from both industrial and personal use and adopt renewable energy
Please see latest NASA agreement, up.

dangoteinlaw:
I trust NASA to come up with something better very soon, speaking of NASA what's the update on area 51, those aliens might just be our only hope, God is busy spreading cancer all over the righteous ones in other to test their Faith's lol
NASA admitted it's as a result of the earth's planetary orbit around the sun, check up. There's no life anywhere apart from earth, wake up! grin No be small thing o lol, this God matter ehh.

Dvin:
[/b][color=#990000][/color][b] I don't believe in any of these.
You don't have to believe it, it's complex for some minds.

adenigga:
I've been preparing to relocate to MARS.
Same here, save some more money for oxygen. But some people still don't believe, yet Elon Musk just announced SpaceX Starship and it will land on Off Course I Still Love You landing space.

romoruyi:
Funny how this Compliments that which has Been Passed Already. Its Just A Matter Of Time.
A short time indeed.

Njeps:
Until we start applying GIS and consulting Geographers, Environmental Researchers and Urban Planners in Nigeria before we can overcome all these.
Short term solution for short term consequences.

Oluwasaeon:
I already booked, bro wink
Baba Agbalagba!

ednut1:
As at today water has reached these houses i snapped 3 months ago shocked. Alpha beach
Great, let the naysayers see it.

Reference:
Been telling you Lagos folks for years now. The Sky News report on climate change a few days ago was even more damning, the results of which are clear...
Great points but short term solutions too.

idesylvester:
I just feel sad for u guys living on Earth... Me and me gangs are in za oza flanet already. Bisa is pree now oo
No life in any extraterrestrial but it can be formed. Or there may be life in the extragalactic within the interstellar, maybe in the Magellanic Clouds since we can see that fro earth.

henryobinna:
that spoily brat that is being used by media to propagate their aim. Who takes a 16 year old who refuse to go to school but crying up and down while blaming everybody. You should've mentioned someone worth it
So true, no vex grin

niaralandtopuser:
no civilization ended before us. stop reading too many fiction books . the earth will always heal and take care of itself. the earth has pass through this circle before
At best a conclusion that lacks sufficient research or delusional worst case scenario. See Homo neanderthalensis, homo sapiens, large mammal extinctions - we now have these fossils dating millions of years ago. How do you explain that? If you can, you can write a research paper on that and get instant fame grin

Truest:
Yet many fools still believe d Bible is just a book of fairy tales. Everything about Jesus prophecy & other prophecies in dat greatest Book of all time keeps coming to pass everyday. 100 years from now, d people of d future generation will know dat na enjoyment we day so. Their own iniquity & fear will be times ten of what we're seeing today. End time is real & it started 2000 years ago & d worst is not even started. Whether u like it or not, all prophecies must come to pass. Only pray & hope d Lord should make u not to be among those dat will sorrow when they strike - earthquakes, wild storm, famine, wars, evil men, etc. Currently in Nigeria, earthquakes is still like a rumour to us but a time will come & we shall see & witness it as it is in some countries. better u repent & die & see there is no heaven.
When fools come online you just know because they call others fools first. Ponder on this, the countries that don't believe in the Bible but work hard are the most prosperous - China, India, etc. The continents (Africa and South America) that holds the bible sacred (a borrowed religion) because the white man asked them to so do, are the most impoverished on earth. When the white man brought the bible, he was packing your fore fathers like sardines as slaves in big ships and at the same time he was preaching to them. Where were the white clergy when all these were happening? Wasn't the same clergy keeping black slaves in his house as well? Too many questions to ask.

Some date - out of 7+ billion people, China and India are 3+ billions, S/American and catholics 2.5 billions, protestants just less than 500+ million, muslims 1.8b. In all these groups, which group do you think is more prosperous? Any option is correct. Whatever option you pick, are the people in that group practicing a borrowed religion or their traditional religion?

CaseSensitive:
Greatest book of? You see, this is one of our problems in Africa. Thinking everything that happens on earth has been prophesied by someone and written in a book. Of course you are entitled to your religious sentiments but leave it out of issues like this.
That's the major problem, it's expensive to know so people prefer to be guided by a book a man wrote, which other men are using to perpetually enslave the mind of others.

engrchykae:
maybe you can explain why there is a tarred road under the pacific off the coast of bolivia.
ther have been people before us who were more advanced than us in mathematics and architecture,that is why they could build the earthquake proof structures in peru and egypt. we are observing our cycle and in time,our cycle will come to an end but the earth will remain forever.
Don't stress yourself explaining, leave the ignorant esp the ones that aren't ready to learn.

basty:
God cannot lie through his Prophets like me. God revealed this to me in 1989 where the waves from the Atlantic ocean submerged the island of Lagos. The words of God cannot be broken.
Another type of problem in Africa. So even those with some form of mental ailment will capitalise on this design e.g. like the white garment church leader who advised her congregation not to take ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), a core vitamin that the human liver needs to detox and boost immune system.

francisisking:
climate change is a scam used to keep us backward and make us forever under developed.... let us embrace industrialization and human resources development...
True

niaralandtopuser:

Egypt happens to be the earliest form of human civilization. Egypt did not go extinct . other nations became more powerful. medo Persia , Greece and Rome are recent examples of empire that lost their former glory. the fall of all these empire has nothing to do with climate change but war and other nations thirst for dominance . the architect and mathematicians of then were good but we have actually improved on what they left for us.
my grandpa told me there is no flooding problem in Nigeria. he said what we are seeing today is the result of man attempting to build in the way of nature. he showed me places that use to get flooded when he was a kid but now there are houses in those places just because we were no longer experiencing big flood. now the cycle of little flood have ended but man has blocked the path water use to flow. where do you expect the water to go? I visited ndokwa part of Delta State after the 2012 big flood . I met an old man who told me the flood was just slightly more than how it use to be in his youth. he said what is now roads and Houses were places he use to swim and paddle his canoe during rainy season. he said all they used to farm on were annual crops that will mature and be harvested before the flood.

Reading this alone proves that the black man does not read and you still have volumes of text to catch up with.

Chukapage:
Soros propagandarist his Using that Greta Nurnberg or whatever she's a green house alarmist modern day Nazist . The slightly powered by the Democrats.The Liberalist
Lol, yea.
Re: Lagos At Risk Of Being Partially Submerged - Goldman Sachs Report by mrZENographer: 9:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
claycares:

According to one school of though, the earth's climate destruction is already beyond redemption. This is supported by Greta Thunberg, schoolgirl climate change warrior.

The other school of thought says that we can only do little as the problem lies in our planetary solar system, i.e. the earth's planetary orbit around the solar system dictates the temperature of the earth just like the moon's gravitational pull is producing waves in our oceans.

We may have to find another planet in the galaxy to colonize if this continues unabated. grin

I made a post related to this recently. Please read it
https://www.nairaland.com/5357719/futurist-machio-kaku-humans-going
Re: Lagos At Risk Of Being Partially Submerged - Goldman Sachs Report by MrHeff(m): 1:37am On Oct 02, 2019
Maldini212:
Good news,,,,, very soon afonjas will be wiped out from the earth

Thunder fire Cowhari and his surpporters
thought igbos now own and control 70% of Lagos?

If Lagos is wiped out, it means 70% will be your kinsmen. That's very good ��� grin
Re: Lagos At Risk Of Being Partially Submerged - Goldman Sachs Report by penguinpikin: 11:17am On Oct 02, 2019
Mega city is a fallacy
Re: Lagos At Risk Of Being Partially Submerged - Goldman Sachs Report by April7style(f): 11:28pm On Jul 10, 2020
The first thing Lagos should do is to expand this BRT bus scheme to all nooks and crannies of Lagos. Get more private cars off the road.

Improve on the water transport system through PPP and allow subsidies in the interim.

These two schemes will get more cars off the roads which leads to less carbon emissions. Then we can now consider having more trees and gardens.

On the long run, we can now develop our beaches and work on the shoreline protection system. Lagos can do it.

As for where the money will come from, if you float a Lagos state bond to source for funds in this regards, it will be sold out in few days.

Comfortable BRT buses which are faster and time saving will generate quantum revenue for Lagos state.

I can afford to go build in the outskirts of Epe or ikorodu if I am guaranteed good transport to take me to and fro my daily tasks in record time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Subsidy: Sanwo-Olu Announces 50% Reduction In Transport Fares, Other Palliatives / A Trip To Cheng Wong Forest In Malaysia (with Pictures) / Trailer And Car Accident At Ogodu Bridge, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.