Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me (39186 Views)

What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? / How Imported Milk Is Killing Nigerians, Africans - Aroms Aigbehi / Tramadol Is Killing My Friend. How Can We Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Small080(m): 11:44pm On Oct 03, 2019
Bro, it's very simple..... Firstly, get a vacation from work

Secondly, stop watching TV, operating system or your phone. You should reduce the uses of all this

Thirdly, get a India hemp as much as you can afford... Not for smoking oh, I don't say you should turn to marlians oh.

Lastly, boil water, put one tea spoon of India hemp and use it to prepare tea.
Bro drink this tea after 15/20 minutes. In the evening oh not night oh... Bro you will sleep like a baby.

Don't forget the rules, stay away from stress and display screen
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by GodsSon07: 11:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
my brother i honestly thing you are suffering from anxiety disorder and this is the begining stage,
ask your doctor about it so they can help you out .
its well bro
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by kayalla(f): 11:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
the fact that u don't get enough sleep is the main problem, going to work in traffic early and coming back late same, the blood pressure will never go away if the cause of the problem is reoccurring. U need rest especially afternoon nap it will help balance the sleeps. i always have that sleeplessness too cause my work is shifts, almost every two days am changing work timings and it really did and still affect my sleep almost giving that depressive mood and am just adding so much weight cos of this, sometimes i get only 5 hours sleep in 72 hours.
for my solution, i have to take few shots of alcohol and other days i take sleeping aid, and i also used the rain and thunder storm sound it does help too. u can find loads of it on youtube. But most of all u need a break from work and or the traffic stress.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Omoslim26: 11:47pm On Oct 03, 2019
vincixpresso:

Now you've solved the riddle. The exhaustive sex is the cause. I experienced such in my 4th yr in school. A girl visited for the weekend(on Friday), and we had more than 5 rounds of body recking sex each day, and by the time she left on Sunday, my ancestors were now in constant communion with me. I survived by Grace.

Funny enough, my guys nicknamed her oti mkpu(the screamer), cos her ring tone no be her, and it's always funny how people thought that I was killing the girl that year, when they didn't know the reverse was the case and the girl might be using that loud ring tones to drown my own voice. Ahhhhhhh, am still alive though, but I bn sick for straight one month after she left that weekend.

so you are telling me that you can't do a 7days program inside a woman's temple
1 LAZY YOUTH SPOTTED
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by vital94(m): 11:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
go and take bp drugs bro
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by anonymuz(m): 11:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
I will suggest diazepam
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Awe4luv(m): 11:53pm On Oct 03, 2019
mayordy:
Good day people,

A month ago, I suddenly started feeling pain in my chest and dizzy eyes and numb palms and feet, I thought it was shortness of blood because I have been stressed for the past 6 months waking up out of bed getting into traffic to work and coming back in traffic late at night.

The chest pain feeling like my heart skipping a beat still didn’t go away, i couldn’t get a sound sleep every morning I wake up unrefreshed and tired through out the day

I checked my blood pressure one day at the pharmacy and it was abnormally high and I’m just 26 I went to the doctor and conducted PCV to check my blood count, malaria test and fasting sugar, all came out normal, he suspected angina so I also did an ECG which also came out normal, the doctor gave me paracetamol, vitamin B12 capsule and since then that is how I have been frequenting the hospital, each time the blood pressure still high.

Last week I was still at the doctor last Thursday and my BP was 148/96 at my age, yet the doctor doesn’t really tell me much he just keep prescribing the same sleeping pills and vitamin B12 and iron capsule.

Right now I presently can’t help myself to sleep, my day is always filled with fatigue, headache, dullness, I lose concentration at work, I can’t seem to get anything done because my eyes get heavy and my head be pounding me seriously. I don’t know what is going on I’m gradually losing the sharp young man I used to be.

Please, I don’t know if anybody has gone through a phase like this or if we have experienced doctors in the house please.

Please I need all the help I can get
op, if u can lay ur hands on organic honey Ceylon cinamon and and pure green tea.....just take it at night before bed, insomnia will flee and blood pressure will be normalised, thank me later
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 03, 2019
mayordy:

Ciproflaxin, aflotin antimalaria, Bromatan as sleeping pills, ferotone for iron, paracetamol and vitamin B12... he once prescribed amoxicillin also

Bromatan is actually lexotan. And it's for high blood pressure.

Take a break from work. Keep your phone away. Exercise.

Aerobic exercises example jogging... Not weight lifting. Take time two times in the week to really fill up your lungs with oxygen, and also get your heart really pumping. Don't go overboard. This should be a weekly part of your life... Not just for the break week. If you have limited space for running, buy a skip rope(there are some that come with actual counters) , and skip till you feel out of breath. Start little by little maybe 100 jumps a day. And scale it up. It will deal with your tiredness. Also check your testosterone levels.

As for the high blood pressure, you're just sick. You're already getting treated. You may require injections finally Shaa... I suspect malaria and typhoid. Once the sickness is gone, your bp will be back to normal. Over thinking it will work in the negative direction.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by RexTramadol1: 11:54pm On Oct 03, 2019
AryaSand:
Welcome to my world. Last Last, Doctor told me "Ess, you're okay."

I guess we're just a part of the lucky few who can function on lass than 5hrs of sleep every night.

Na person wey una kill dey hunt una
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by TenthMan(m): 11:55pm On Oct 03, 2019
GodsSon07:
my brother i honestly thing you are suffering from anxiety disorder and this is the begining stage,
ask your doctor about it so they can help you out .
its well bro

It is almost going into panic attack stage. The thing with anxiety disorder is the fact that you don't see it creeping up on you. Various stressful events follow one another in one's life and then brings on a symptom. Your fight or flight response sees the response as danger. Then you start worrying about various symptoms. Sex, stress at work, etc. are enough to jointly trigger anxiety disorder. Worry makes it worse as your mind keeps throwing dangerous possibilities and effects. Which leads to more worries. In fact for now he is still worried about BP Alone. Soon he will worry about heart attacks, etc. He will browse the internet for hours. And anything Doctors tell him will make no sense. He will look for more Doctors and believe the doctor's don't know what they are saying... Haha.. I can go on and on.

5 Likes

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by uridiwan(m): 11:56pm On Oct 03, 2019
Aurielfinizu:
what is nsumua

sorry insomua?
inadequate sleep

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by flexyonline: 12:04am On Oct 04, 2019
I can almost bet that what is wrong with you is sleep apnea. You wake up more fatigued than when you go to bed right? Get a sleep study done - I don’t know if they do this in Nigeria. There are remedies, using a CPAP gadget to sleep or surgery

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by LyfeJennings(m): 12:05am On Oct 04, 2019
mayordy:
Something I should also add is that in the month of August, a friend living in Ikeja travelled out of the country and had me stay in his apartment with my fiancé, I was very sexually active around this time, we had sex more than once everyday until the 25th of August, it was around 24th August I started feeling this type of way, we used condoms through out and I have checked and cleared all doubts of STIs, but the sex was quite exhausting at a time because she always wanted more while she’s on the plus size and I’m a slim guy, so you know I was exerting a lot of energy, my friend joking talked about checking my BP and I waved it off so I don’t know if High blood pressure could actually be the cause of all this or the blood pressure is a result of the sleeplessness.

Lmao
Ori e ti gbale
I can relate sha
Pele
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by ndindiatu: 12:05am On Oct 04, 2019
mayordy:
Good day people,

A month ago, I suddenly started feeling pain in my chest and dizzy eyes and numb palms and feet, I thought it was shortness of blood because I have been stressed for the past 6 months waking up out of bed getting into traffic to work and coming back in traffic late at night.

The chest pain feeling like my heart skipping a beat still didn’t go away, i couldn’t get a sound sleep every morning I wake up unrefreshed and tired through out the day

I checked my blood pressure one day at the pharmacy and it was abnormally high and I’m just 26 I went to the doctor and conducted PCV to check my blood count, malaria test and fasting sugar, all came out normal, he suspected angina so I also did an ECG which also came out normal, the doctor gave me paracetamol, vitamin B12 capsule and since then that is how I have been frequenting the hospital, each time the blood pressure still high.

Last week I was still at the doctor last Thursday and my BP was 148/96 at my age, yet the doctor doesn’t really tell me much he just keep prescribing the same sleeping pills and vitamin B12 and iron capsule.

Right now I presently can’t help myself to sleep, my day is always filled with fatigue, headache, dullness, I lose concentration at work, I can’t seem to get anything done because my eyes get heavy and my head be pounding me seriously. I don’t know what is going on I’m gradually losing the sharp young man I used to be.

Please, I don’t know if anybody has gone through a phase like this or if we have experienced doctors in the house please.

Send me an email. I had the same problem last year but I am very fine now, but i will tell u what to do. Ur bp will disappear my dear. U will even sleep like a baby. But u have to work with me. I live outside the country
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Gasfoundation(m): 12:06am On Oct 04, 2019
Try go for STD/STI test thank me later cool
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 04, 2019
Na oshofree house dey worry you leading to sex abuse.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by smile11s(m): 12:14am On Oct 04, 2019
You need a girlfriend
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by oyintiloye(m): 12:17am On Oct 04, 2019
I have some vital questions to ask you, they may seem silly but do answer and honestly:
1)Do you sweat more than normal and/or find it slight increase in temperature very discomforting?
2)How is your eating habits since the symptoms you described arose? Are you eating a lot more/more/less? It also follows that you will visit the toilet frequently, so do you?
3) How's your energy level? Have easier physical exertions become exhausting? Has your physical endurance limit reduced?
4)Is your eye sight got worse or the same as before?
5) You said you was lanky, so does your weight drastically fluctuate with respect to level of stress and/or food quality and quantity?

Please answer the questions truthfully and I'll give a reply based on them.
Remember high BP is a symptom of an ailment of which there are plenty. Stay hopeful.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by naijjaman(m): 12:18am On Oct 04, 2019
mayordy:
Good day people,

There's what is called second opinion. Why don't you visit another doctor and get his or her opinion and then compare both visits?
This is serious because 148/90 BP is not normal. Do you use too much salt and do you drink alcohol a lot? I hope some doctors on NL will help you better.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by famzynet: 12:18am On Oct 04, 2019
What you have is stress induced insomnia.The sleeping pills will worsen it. You need stress relief app or help. See your doctor for proper BP control. Maintain proper sleep hygiene.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by bigl: 12:20am On Oct 04, 2019
mayordy:
Good day people,

I feel your pain bro ... but if your mind isn't settled and you are not getting enough sleep, blood pressure will rise ....

I was at that point in 2012 when my work place didn't pay me salary for about 12months and i was living and working in abuja ... u feel me?

Drugs might not likely work on your not being able to sleep... u really need to slow down cos at your age, you shouldn't be having such blood pressure spikes and the dangerous aspect of it is this (according to some docs i spoke with):

Whenever the blood pressure is high, if such a person accidentally or mistakenly hit their foot against any obstacle, "jagun lo niyen o", meaning, the fellow might likely die.

Now, I don't wish to lose a brova like u.

Try this simple stuff that worked for me back then: its a tea called horlicks. Its about N500 or so.

Drink warm morning and night. U will sleep and almost pee in your bed.

I don't know whatever is inside but it does work for insomnia. And its better than popping valium 5, 10 or 40.

Once u can get a good night sleep, your blood pressure will come down then u may add a lil vacation to the mix. Or better still, resign from your work.

Your life is more important than anything o!
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by EmpressT(f): 12:20am On Oct 04, 2019
Hey friend. Don't throw yourself into confusion. The result on the test you did confirms that you have a high blood pressure which is above the normal 120/80 level.
I am not a doctor but I am aware of its causes such as; poor diet (high intake of carbonhydrate food mostly), excessive stress, lack of sleep, eating late at night or in the day, hereditary and so forth. High BP and heart attack work side by side. You must take your health to heart else you could experience some nervous conditions. My dear, I can recommend some food supplements to normalize your pressure instantly if you wish. And I need to add that you need to give yourself a break. Take alot of rest, go on a holiday. Eat good meal and less of fats and cholesterol. Drinks plenty of water. Also, try and do a little exercise in the house. Again, always have a cool bath except the weather is cold, it helps to calm your body system. I hope you are the type that laughs very well lolz. It's also good for your health too. So, that's my suggestion.
mayordy:

It’s a new job and everybody at work have noticed something is wrong but I’m just keeping strong. Could it be the high blood pressure because the doctor has refused to say anything about it?
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Memphis1: 12:21am On Oct 04, 2019
Stop mastubating bro! excessive masturbation can harm your relationships and everyday life.Masturbating too much may interrupt your work or studies, which can lower productivity.get a girl that can Bleep� and wen go Dey gist you and jumping on you every time.you need a serious relationship. Those relationships quarrels and settlement will also always keep u busy. Na very simple thing broda man
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Crown033: 12:24am On Oct 04, 2019
List of what to do to help ur self
1- Take leave
2- Avoid salt (don’t take anything salt)
3- avoid fried stuff and anything that contains cholesterol.
4- Do excercise every morning (jogging precisely)
5- Take enough water everyday
6- Get Diazepam tab 5mg drink it at Night only for 5 days then withdraw.
7- Get max omega capsule and take everyday for 30 days....
U can reach me in my mail for any other complaints. Stevehandsome89@yahoo.com
#Pharmacist steve
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by lagbaja(m): 12:30am On Oct 04, 2019
Take your bath before you sleep. Spend good time doing it with enough water to calm you and bring down your temperature. Take d sleeping tablet prescription by your doctor. You should begin to have a sound sleep.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by osazee12(m): 12:30am On Oct 04, 2019
Take piriton to help you sleep and 5mg amlodipine every night. Then reduce your carbs and stop taking salt. You ll be fine
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by highbee02: 12:35am On Oct 04, 2019
mysticgal:
Try taking codeine or prescribed sleeping tablets and jeez, chill on the sex angry

or condolin
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by SenecaTheYonger: 12:40am On Oct 04, 2019
mayordy:
Good day people,

Change your breathing technique. It's hard to explain, but watch how kids around 3-5 years sleep. Mimic their breathing pattern. Always breathe from your stomach not your chest. I now fall asleep immediately I drop my phone. Sleeping was a difficult task for me before, not anymore.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by flyingdutchman(m): 12:46am On Oct 04, 2019
Lemme guess, you live in Lagos?!
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by iLegendd(m): 12:52am On Oct 04, 2019
mayordy:

My office is in Yaba and I live far off In ayobo, I’ve researched online and I’m wondering if it could be the blood pressure? Because I have researched so much online

Stop researching online and start making money online. The more you research online for a medical issue, the more depressed you'll become with the kind of scary things you'll read.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Women Hardly Have Heart Attack? / Body Goals: Lady Shares Transformation Pictures After 5years / Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi: Nigeria's First Female Medical Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.