Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,884 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me (39180 Views)

What Is The Best Cure For Insomnia? / How Imported Milk Is Killing Nigerians, Africans - Aroms Aigbehi / Tramadol Is Killing My Friend. How Can We Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Zico4real(m): 10:34am On Oct 04, 2019
Please try Cannabis (weed) or CBD oil

Solution 2 mix ginger, garlic and lime together

Thank me later
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by PrincewithGod(m): 10:38am On Oct 04, 2019
mayordy:
Something I should also add is that in the month of August, a friend living in Ikeja travelled out of the country and had me stay in his apartment with my fiancé, I was very sexually active around this time, we had sex more than once everyday until the 25th of August, it was around 24th August I started feeling this type of way, we used condoms through out and I have checked and cleared all doubts of STIs, but the sex was quite exhausting at a time because she always wanted more while she’s on the plus size and I’m a slim guy, so you know I was exerting a lot of energy, my friend joking talked about checking my BP and I waved it off so I don’t know if High blood pressure could actually be the cause of all this or the blood pressure is a result of the sleeplessness.
Give your life to Christ, secure your eternal life first and rest of mind will be added unto you. And you won't have to punish your body in marathon sinful sex which will take you to hell at the end of the day.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by taiwozainab(f): 10:39am On Oct 04, 2019
[quote author=greggng post=82817863]

How much is Nuravit[/quote

I'm not in Nigeria so I don't know how much it could be sold, but when I told my mum bout ur issue she said u take the ginger and lime mixture first before u go for the Nuravit and she said she prefer blending the lime with its back no need of removing the fleshy part just slice into four so dats all, she even said u could be taking it with bread and foods u think u can be adding to]

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by taiwozainab(f): 10:41am On Oct 04, 2019
cachiskky:

Exactly, ginger is best in regulating BP. Lime or lemon would do. I boil mine, make a batch of 4 bottles and refrigerate. Then drink first thing in the morning, at nights too

Yeah... People but prefer wasting money at pharmacist in d quest for better health when God has blessed us with natural cure for all
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by taiwozainab(f): 10:44am On Oct 04, 2019
favour32:

People understimate the efficacy of herbs.
If you add two basic herbs to the above combo and take every morning,two hours before breakfast,you maintain your liver daily,reduce pains due to autoimmune sickness of rheumatism/arthritis and help males in their sexual obligations.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by josite: 10:52am On Oct 04, 2019
mayordy:
Something I should also add is that in the month of August, a friend living in Ikeja traveled out of the country and had me stay in his apartment with my fiancé, I was very sexually active around this time, we had sex more than once everyday until the 25th of August, it was around 24th August I started feeling this type of way, we used condoms through out and I have checked and cleared all doubts of STIs, but the sex was quite exhausting at a time because she always wanted more while she’s on the plus size and I’m a slim guy, so you know I was exerting a lot of energy, my friend joking talked about checking my BP and I waved it off so I don’t know if High blood pressure could actually be the cause of all this or the blood pressure is a result of the sleeplessness.

at 26 sex cant be the reason ,u need a change of schedule/lifestyle.try to live very near your office,create time for gym/swimming/long roadwalks and you didnt tell us if you are into drugs,marijuana etc.
the way u guys live these days obviously many will die before their time.it is not a curse,it is a consequence of chronic wrong living.u have to manage this or u will get sacked and compound your problem.
best advice is you give your life to Christ,your problem may be spiritual and it is GOD that gives his beloved sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by chiwex(m): 10:58am On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by plantbased(m): 11:00am On Oct 04, 2019
Hi,

Sleeplessness all known as insomnia was something I battled with as well. Have your family members asked you, How was mai guard duties? grin grin grin.. You wake up grumpy, tired and lethargic..Pele ooo

Please Google CBD Oil and insomnia. Do your own research about the Endocannabinoid system, CB1 and CB2 receptors. I use and sell CBD Oil and it's greatly improved my sleeplessness.

Feel free to ask me for more info..

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by eldeeBaba(m): 11:01am On Oct 04, 2019
I had exactly same symptoms, i went to 3 different doctors before i was Diagnosed with Hypertension and i am 27. My bp was always 160/97.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by maasoap(m): 11:03am On Oct 04, 2019
mayordy:

Visit a government owned hospital, possibly teaching hospital. Change your doc.

DIY:

Secondly, stay away from sleeping pills, don't depend on it for long. If you do, you will become dependent on it and gradually, your tolerance level will increase. You don't want that.

Three, reduce your stress. Everything that brings stress to your doorstep, manage it. Be it work, sex life, financial situation, etc

Four, reduce your salt intake by all means. If my wife cook my rice with just little salt, I'm not eating that rice. My doctor's advice and I don't joke with it. I'm not even on medication.

Five, find little time for exercise. 15 minutes everyday jogging is enough. Work stress is not equivalent to exercise.

Six, go to bed early, observe your 7 hours "bedtime" religiously. Switch off your phone by 9pm everyday no matter what and go to bed. Eat your super before 7pm no matter how inconvenient it might be.

If you can afford it, a tin of milk with cold water after super should help you with sound night sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by ultimatebas(m): 11:04am On Oct 04, 2019
Eat Soursop.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Franchise21(m): 11:37am On Oct 04, 2019
mayordy:

My office is in Yaba and I live far off In ayobo, I’ve researched online and I’m wondering if it could be the blood pressure? Because I have researched so much online
I've passed through this phase when I was in the banking sector. Had to resign tho cos of that. I'll prefer u get an accommodation within the axis of Yaba and it's environs. Atleast, to cushion d effect of having to be in traffic

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Seun2019: 11:46am On Oct 04, 2019
singa4real:
I have pass through this type of problem, which took all the money in my account.

Your problem is stomach ulcer,

They are two type peptic and gastric.

The one that can cos all this your problem is gastric ulcer.

Symptoms are : fast hart beat, headache, chest pain that reviate to the upper back, insomnia as a result of too much acid in you system which normally wakes you up, fake high blood pressure, fatigue, feeling like fainting, over anxious and many more.

And just like mine, it is about to cos you what is called anxiety disorder when you will be hearing the sound of your pulse and having a seizure on the left neck region.

If you have confirmed all this symptoms that I mentioned above, just let me tell you how to take back your life and confident back.

Hmmm
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by mechanics(m): 11:50am On Oct 04, 2019
phorget:

If he eventually die then no one pays the dead. Think of your life first bro.
Sure bro.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Omoslim26: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2019
Dreew:

Lol thanks for replying but that wasn't implied na. Take am easy. Na jeje be life.

Was waiting for your response before editing my comment. Now that you have, pls edit yours.

the psychology behind everything you do matters a lot I don't take weed excessively I have never done more than #50 because I just take it as a sleeping and nerve calming stuff
and mind you there are side effects you don't want to fall into the addiction for weed it might be too much for you to handle

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by boomssey(f): 11:58am On Oct 04, 2019
mayordy:

It’s a new job and everybody at work have noticed something is wrong but I’m just keeping strong. Could it be the high blood pressure because the doctor has refused to say anything about it?
you better don't die before your time or simply because of a job,once they learn you are dead they'll replace asap so u better go for that vacation or else oyo lowa. Yoruba ppl will say emi ise gun ju emi eyan lo.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by damble: 11:59am On Oct 04, 2019
taiwozainab:

Exactly
PLEASE, HELP A BROTHER. DID YOU MEAN SOMEONE SHOULD MIX GRINDED GINGER WITH THE LIME'S JUICE OR WILL GRIND THE LIME ALL TOGETHER WITH ITS SKIN/COVER I.E WITHOUT PEELING? MANY THANKS SISTER
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by mayordy(m): 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2019
oyintiloye:
I have some vital questions to ask you, they may seem silly but do answer and honestly:
1)Do you sweat more than normal and/or find it slight increase in temperature very discomforting?
2)How is your eating habits since the symptoms you described arose? Are you eating a lot more/more/less? It also follows that you will visit the toilet frequently, so do you?
3) How's your energy level? Have easier physical exertions become exhausting? Has your physical endurance limit reduced?
4)Is your eye sight got worse or the same as before?
5) You said you was lanky, so does your weight drastically fluctuate with respect to level of stress and/or food quality and quantity?

Please answer the questions truthfully and I'll give a reply based on them.
Remember high BP is a symptom of an ailment of which there are plenty. Stay hopeful.
No I don’t sweat more than normal
I think I tend to eat a lot more now, I have always loved food though
Yes I tend to lose some weight but not so much that it becomes obvious immediately
My eye sight, this one has gone worse, I always feel dizzy and like my eyes are going to close anytime soon
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Sufisunni: 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
mayordy:
Good day people,

A month ago, I suddenly started feeling pain in my chest and dizzy eyes and numb palms and feet, I thought it was shortness of blood because I have been stressed for the past 6 months waking up out of bed getting into traffic to work and coming back in traffic late at night.

The chest pain feeling like my heart skipping a beat still didn’t go away, i couldn’t get a sound sleep every morning I wake up unrefreshed and tired through out the day

I checked my blood pressure one day at the pharmacy and it was abnormally high and I’m just 26 I went to the doctor and conducted PCV to check my blood count, malaria test and fasting sugar, all came out normal, he suspected angina so I also did an ECG which also came out normal, the doctor gave me paracetamol, vitamin B12 capsule and since then that is how I have been frequenting the hospital, each time the blood pressure still high.

Last week I was still at the doctor last Thursday and my BP was 148/96 at my age, yet the doctor doesn’t really tell me much he just keep prescribing the same sleeping pills and vitamin B12 and iron capsule.

Right now I presently can’t help myself to sleep, my day is always filled with fatigue, headache, dullness, I lose concentration at work, I can’t seem to get anything done because my eyes get heavy and my head be pounding me seriously. I don’t know what is going on I’m gradually losing the sharp young man I used to be.

Please, I don’t know if anybody has gone through a phase like this or if we have experienced doctors in the house please.

Please I need all the help I can get

Please, if you masturbate stop it and thank me later
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by bewildered: 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2019
Start meditating on the Bible when you've taken a break from work.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Finelinks: 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2019
singa4real:
I have pass through this type of problem, which took all the money in my account.

Your problem is stomach ulcer,

They are two type peptic and gastric.

The one that can cos all this your problem is gastric ulcer.

Symptoms are : fast hart beat, headache, chest pain that reviate to the upper back, insomnia as a result of too much acid in you system which normally wakes you up, fake high blood pressure, fatigue, feeling like fainting, over anxious and many more.

And just like mine, it is about to cos you what is called anxiety disorder when you will be hearing the sound of your pulse and having a seizure on the left neck region.

If you have confirmed all this symptoms that I mentioned above, just let me tell you how to take back your life and confident back.

What's the solution please?

be detailed..

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Finelinks: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2019
studentofTruth:
OP, I don't pray to welcome you to the club.

I have been there and still suffer the same thing — since 2007. Fortunately, yours isn't chronic yet. While I won't advise you to quit your job (like I did), because of the nature of the country, you need to find ways to reduce stress and relax better.

Medications are not usually the solution, though they may help in the short term. Reducing stress and exercising regularly will help you. Breathing deeply while in bed may help too. Don't forget to switch off the lights before going to bed. I have found that reading funny comments here, while in bed, helps me laugh hard, and it tends to improve my sleep — probably the brain releasing more relaxing chemicals like the endorphins.

But medically, having an elevated blood pressure at your age isn't normal. While it seems to be as a result of the stress, the right thing is to rule out other possible causes of elevated blood pressure in the young, such as hyperadrenalism, thyroid conditions, and kidney conditions. So, if you have enough money, I will suggest you visit the hospital and do the necessary tests — Adrenal hormonal assays, Thyroid function test, Kidney function test, and abdominal ultrasound.

The tests you mentioned are very sensitive tests that usually yield unreliable results.
Again, only a few hospitals run them.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Finelinks: 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2019
adaorap:
I was like you until I started watching what I eat.
I dont drink milk and milk anymore.
I avoid eating rice, beans, Irish potatoes, groundnut, cashew nuts, and many more.
I only focus on eating
Vegetable yes vegetables.
Let me list all that I eat everyday...
1)Salad(lettuce, avocado,spinach,little carrot,green bellpepper, mushroom(optional), chicken, bacon, virgin olive oil. Just put the ones you can and leave the rest.
2) pumpkin (anyu igbo language) virgin olive oil.

Send me message if you need some clarifications or questions to ask.

3) ogbono soup with broccoli swallow. Use any soup of your choice but not Egusi

I eat two oranges with the fiber for the whole day. Dont take it too much.
Drink enough water
I snack little on coconuts, almonds, cucumber.

4) top everything with 30mins exercise. Dancing or skipping.
Lucky you if you read this. Make sure you stretch your neck always.

Do you live in Nigeria?

How were you able to avoid rice, beans etc.
?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 04, 2019
Rogersmith:

shocked
You stay in Gwarimpa? We could be neighbors. I Don’t mind meeting you. You?
No the Hospital is in Gwarimpa, b4 Charlie Boy.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Opengates(m): 3:42pm On Oct 04, 2019
mayordy:

Thank you but the sleeping tablets make me drowsy all day and it’s not even as if it helps my sleep because I always wake up 3am and can’t go back to sleep

If you wake up and can't sleep again, take your Bible and read for almost an hour and give me feedback of what happened there after.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by midnighter(f): 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
Finelinks:

Do you live in Nigeria?

How were you able to avoid rice, beans etc.
?

its possible if you have a car and work in a sane environment ie. bank or desk job...not too much heat or running around or stressed chaos from motor parks and bus-stops
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by DesBenedict: 5:33pm On Oct 04, 2019
Try to stay off caffeine. Sounds like caffeine withdrawal symptom
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by Dreew(f): 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
Omoslim26:

the psychology behind everything you do matters a lot I don't take weed excessively I have never done more than #50 because I just take it as a sleeping and nerve calming stuff
and mind you there are side effects you don't want to fall into the addiction for weed it might be too much for you to handle

What are the side effects? Since it made me sleep like I was in heaven when I added it to my hair treatment, I'll just stick to that method. The quantity I used is countable. You can literally count the sticks.
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by taiwozainab(f): 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2019
damble:
PLEASE, HELP A BROTHER. DID YOU MEAN SOMEONE SHOULD MIX GRINDED GINGER WITH THE LIME'S JUICE OR WILL GRIND THE LIME ALL TOGETHER WITH ITS SKIN/COVER I.E WITHOUT PEELING? MANY THANKS SISTER

Yeah, the lime and it's skin should be grinded together with the ginger... Just get ur lime,rinse then slice into four.... Mum makes hers in a quantity that can last her a week
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by taiwozainab(f): 7:49pm On Oct 04, 2019
greggng:

How much is Nuravit

I'm not in Nigeria so I don't know how much it could be sold...but take care of ur health, it's not a must u use the Nuravit, get the bp done first and minimize whatever drugs u take... If u want to go for my opinion, stop every other drugs first for a day or two then get any drugs u know can make u sleep, while u may always feel drowsy taking it, just have ur bath to cool off then take a stroll after u can start using the mixture I recommended.... I hope God gives u sound health soon, after all don't forget to pray before u take ur drugs ok
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by goldmatrix(m): 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2019
..for effective relief you need 6months vacation twice a year. If symptoms persists my brother consult your ancestors..
Re: Please Help, Insomnia Is Killing Me by 2black1(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2019
The biggest problem in Nigeria's medical sector is incomplete or wrong diagnosis.
As someone rightly pointed out,there is a high chance of an underlying factor causing the high bp.
I also had similar symptoms about four years ago only that in addition to yours, I was also very restless whether day or night and sweated a lot.
Did all kinds of tests ranging from Liver function to Kidney function to blood sugar tests and a host of others until my doctor ordered a thyroid function test and it showed that I was suffering symptoms of hyperthyroidism.(overactive thyroid)
I have been taking Carbimazole for a while and my bp has been normal.
The symptoms have improved drastically as well.
You need to do tests to be know the root cause of this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Women Hardly Have Heart Attack? / Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi: Nigeria's First Female Medical Doctor / Body Goals: Lady Shares Transformation Pictures After 5years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.