Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:15 AM

Senator Victor Umeh, OFR, Disburses 16 Million Naira Scholarship To Students. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Victor Umeh, OFR, Disburses 16 Million Naira Scholarship To Students. (331 Views)

Court Orders Seizure Of Senator Victor Umeh’s Assets Over N136m Bank Debt / Adamawa Politician Allegedly Awards 1,000 Naira Scholarship To His Constituents / Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba's House In Calabar Looted And Set On Fire (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Victor Umeh, OFR, Disburses 16 Million Naira Scholarship To Students. by Udopasa: 5:15am On Oct 01, 2019
An Emotional but Beautiful Sunday it Was!

It was on the 29th of September, 2019. A sunny sunday it was in the very modest Aguluzoigbo Country home of a man who have been severally described as the Soul and conscience of Apga; the Igbo Agenda; the voice of the voiceless; an accomplished professional and a dogged political fighter with a never say die spirit.

It was the annual disbursement of tuition fees to the very brilliant but indigent students drawn from within and outside of Anambra State. The atmosphere was charged with joy unspeakable as Senator Victor Umeh alongside his amiable wife; Chairman and Members of the Victor Umeh Education Foundation(VUMEF) dolled out 16 Million Naira to the beneficiaries.

The beneficiaries were secondary and tertiary students who has long given up hope on being educated. In the words of Senator Victor Umeh,
"when I was elected a Senator, during my Odenigbo Radio outing, I promised to institute Scholarship Scheme for Students of Anambra Central in the Universities, Polytechnic etc, we need to support those students that need help .... some Parents can pay, but some cannot ..what happens to those students whose parents cannot pay for their school fees? ..we have to come in, we have serious challenges in this country.. Education is the weapon to fight ignorance ...Education holds the future.. With my wife, we have Education Foundation where over 250 students in the Universities are already benefiting... when you add today's 70 new beneficiaries to already existing 250, we have 320 Youths benefiting from our Scholarship Scheme ...I don't believe in propaganda, if I say something, I will do it .. during my campaign, I promised Honest, bold and courageous representation..and today at the Senate, I have insisted in doing those things that will give every Nigerian a sense of belonging...I want Nigeria to run an all inclusive government...".

This is the kind of human capital development/empowerment our society desperately crave for and not engaging in our youth on how best to speak/fight for conscienceless scammers and abuse those who ought to be their role models online.

Long Live Senator Victor Umeh, OFR.

Re: Senator Victor Umeh, OFR, Disburses 16 Million Naira Scholarship To Students. by agwom(m): 5:16am On Oct 01, 2019
Good one

1 Like

Re: Senator Victor Umeh, OFR, Disburses 16 Million Naira Scholarship To Students. by Udopasa: 5:16am On Oct 01, 2019
The best Senator Anambra Central has ever had.
Re: Senator Victor Umeh, OFR, Disburses 16 Million Naira Scholarship To Students. by saheedbadmus(m): 5:19am On Oct 01, 2019
That good..keep it up mr senator

1 Like

Re: Senator Victor Umeh, OFR, Disburses 16 Million Naira Scholarship To Students. by Udopasa: 5:29am On Oct 01, 2019
saheedbadmus:
That good..keep it up mr senator
He's indeed a wonder.
Re: Senator Victor Umeh, OFR, Disburses 16 Million Naira Scholarship To Students. by horlarwereleh(m): 5:32am On Oct 01, 2019
Ok

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Powerful Message Of Kwara State Governor On Independence Day / Profile Of Engr. Musa Wada / Abba Kyari , Saint Or Daemon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.