Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters (10309 Views)

Niger: You’re A Novice In International Diplomacy – Lamido To President Tinubu / Ariaria International Waters / Dele Momodu Begged OAU Students To Forgive Shina Peters (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by LegendVibes: 10:58am On Oct 01, 2019
Celebrity publisher, Dele Momodu, has said that he would always be grateful to the late winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, Moshood Abiola.

Mr Momodu, publisher of Ovation Magazine, said this on Tuesday in reaction to a tweet.

“I will always thank CHIEF MOSHOOD KASHIMAWO OLAWALE ABIOLA for teaching me how to fish in international waters instead of swimming in the purified local waters,” he said.

Abiola won the 1993 presidential election which was annulled by former military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida.

In May 1988, Momodu got his first job as staff writer with African Concord magazine, owned by late Abiola.

A year later, Momodu was transferred to Weekend Concord as a pioneer staff.

He rose to the position of literary editor May 1989 and within six months became news editor of the Weekend Concord.

In 1993, Momodu resigned to join the Moshood Abiola Presidential Campaign Organisation.

Momodu was arrested and detained at Alagbon Close in Lagos, after the annulment of the election.

He managed to escape by masquerading as a farmer through the Seme border into Cotonou, Benin Republic, from where he fled to Togo, Ghana and eventually to the United Kingdom.

https://twitter.com/DeleMomodu/status/1178943362319179782?s=19

http://newscapon.com/2019/10/01/what-moshood-abiola-did-for-me-dele-momodu/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by festacman(m): 11:07am On Oct 01, 2019
How many people has Dele Momodu taught the same principles or mentored based on his experience in "international waters"?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by jospepper(m): 11:12am On Oct 01, 2019
Davido come and Carry your b.y ooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by FarahAideed: 11:14am On Oct 01, 2019
Thought you international begging you mean

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by Yamleg: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
He made you the fisher of thieves.
Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by Bawizzo(m): 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
Dele is just being a typical Yoruba man..niqqas are damn too loud.

3 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by slawomir: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
Okay
Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
when the big fish swallow jonah
Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by Neoteny(m): 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
Obviously you ate a lot of fish, judging by your fat content

3 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by greall12(m): 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
H
Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by YorubaAssasin: 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
Dis dude should just STFU already. This is the same fool that celebrated, adulated and worshipped all these Politicians and their corrupt practices with his Ovation magazine crap! NONSENSE! angry

3 Likes

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by oluwasegun007(m): 2:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
Continue... Fisher man.

1 Like

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by relicng: 2:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
Are you telling us you're one of the international fisherman?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by YorubaAssasin: 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2019
Bawizzo:

Like chest beating ba? grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by deiikonac(m): 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2019
Get great prices for top class embroidery machine visit
https://www.nairaland.com/5320733/hefeng-computer-embroidery-monogramming-machines
Call 08177129792 or 09017328471 for free consultation on how to make 70% in 12 months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by GGirll: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2019
But i thought d same MKO Abiola sinked a container bringing Bibles to Nigeria? What are mine even saying? God bless FELA n falz .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by Klearly: 2:43pm On Oct 01, 2019
okay
Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by yomalex(m): 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
Okay
Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by Dareywest(m): 2:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
Wetin con consain the son of man? make we fry watermelons abi? .. teach us how to make money under bubu regime. Or do some giveaways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by Ten06(m): 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2019
But my boss taught me how to honor and respect cattles, and see that they are well protected
Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by Omenkata: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
[s]
YorubaAssasin:
Dis dude should just STFU already. This is the same fool that celebrated, adulated and worshipped all these Politicians and their corrupt practices with his Ovation magazine crap! NONSENSE! angry
[/s]
Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by Omenkata: 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
[s]
YorubaAssasin:

Like chest beating ba? grin
[/s]
Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by oyeb15: 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
And why are u telling us. Go and fish now?
Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by sugarboy212(m): 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
Growing up,reading ovation magazine made me know the creme de la creme of the Society back then.
Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by alaira(m): 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2019
Bawizzo:
Sir, Dele Momodu was actually born and brought up in Yoruba land. He is a proud son of Edo State. He is from Auchi. Thank you sir. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dele Momodu: Abiola Taught Me To Fish In International Waters by ibechris(m): 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
He taught u how to run away...and some useless ones would be saying Nnamdi Kalu should have waited when they all know that it is on record that these men all ran away.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: You’ll Be Able To Go Back To Your Farms If I Am Elected – Tinubu / Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly / 'God Answers Prayers Faster In Ogun State' - Governor Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.