Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. (13523 Views)

One Direction Member Liam Payne Buys 5.1mn Pounds Home / Onyeka Onwenu Song! / Hottest!9ice Is Engaged To Toni Payne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by eldee(m): 11:57am On Nov 05, 2010
tkb417:

Eldee, when next she buys This Day, let her skip Azukas column

But she paid for it and she shouldn't have to leave out 2% of the paper becaue the Editor will not do his job properly and cut out the lies.
I grew up learning about how press like Newsweek used to go extra to discover the truth, Dele Giwa even got killed for discovering ecret info bout IBB's drug deals, today's journalists get their news from Nairaland and market talk and we shouldn't stand for that.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by oddy4real(m): 12:45pm On Nov 05, 2010
eldee:

You know why your elders said silence was the best answer?? Because they didn't make their money from being in the public eye.
It's because they didn't do press releases on everything that happens in their marriage after doing a track to say their wife was fluting their bet friend.
Silence from the onset is golden, but you don't shout at first and then resort to silence when it's more convinient.

And abeg cut your elder talk . . . they were people like you, only difference is that they lived in times when it was cool to trade their people for mirrors and lumps of sugar.

Mungo Park, give us excerpts from ONCE EATEN TWICE SHY where 9ice mentioned his wife. Oya, Talk i am Listening grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by olojoro: 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2010
@oddy4real.I read your last long post and I'm shocked that you have the nerve to comment on someone else's spelling, use of logic, grammar (from your post you don't even have the slightest clue what that means), and relevance of their comments to the topic being debated. If hypocrisy were a big manliness you would be king dong.I'm even more shocked  Eldee hasn't called you out on it.  cry

oddy4real:

In conclusion, it is not hard to see that you find it very difficult understanding the basics of GRAMMAR which are READING, WRITING AND UNDERSTANDING. Your post is filled with grammatical and spelling errors enough to make a Primary 6 pupil take you to the cleaners. And one last thing, you are very very very ILLOGICAL. I am sure you are used to beer parlour arguments. Go to school, enroll in a departmentoif philosophy and then take the couse PHILOSOPHY AND LOGIC.
after whoever might have tutored you on the rudiments of Arguments and Logical thinking, then you can try to call me out.\
WE NO BE MATES.

grin grin UDONDEYMADTABI?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by oddy4real(m): 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2010
olojoro:

@oddy4real.I read your last long post and I'm shocked that you have the nerve to comment on someone else's spelling, use of logic, grammar (from your post you don't even have the slightest clue what that means), and relevance of their comments to the topic being debated. If hypocrisy were a big manliness you would be king dong.I'm even more shocked  Eldee hasn't called you out on it.  cry

grin grin UDONDEYMADTABI?

@ OLOJORO,
you have said nothing sensible. Now, what is the bane of your argument? If you have nothing sensible to say, just watch as real men trash out issues here. And that quote about Hypocrisy, i saw it in a book yesterday. LIFT LIFT!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by olojoro: 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2010
oddy4real:

@ OLOJORO,
you have said nothing sensible. Now, what is the bane of your argument? If you have nothing sensible to say, just watch as real men trash out issues here. And that quote about Hypocrisy, i saw it in a book yesterday. LIFT LIFT!

grin grin grin what is the bane of my argument?  shocked Jesu Kristos of Oju Elegba. And you just had the audacity to say I said nothing sensible? I weep  on your future's behalf  cry . All these people that want to use size of vocabulary as an indicator of intelligence. Do you even know what "bane" means? You are a bigger joke than your previous posts suggest.

You are here speculating/gossiping about whose famous flute some lady is blowing and then saying something about "real men thrashing out issues".  grin grin
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by kadman(m): 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2010
Those who says Onyeka Onwenu is glorifying herself in this article; I think you are wrong.

She talked about her accomplishments for a bit to show the caliber of artist and person she is, and would not lightly wade into this situation. And why wouldn't she expect the journalist (i use that term lightly) to know her. This woman has been in the music business 30+ years. That's the equaivalent of Madonna calling up a newspaper in America. If you're a journalist and pretend not to know Onyeka Onnenu's name, you are either being rude or ignorant. In the case of this person it might be both.

Is she lying about women been victimised ? Is it not the same situation going on in this 4 page thread already, because she is not married, are some posters not juging her for that? You expect her to drag someone not right for her to the altar to appease your moral righteousness ? As someone said if at this age you're judging Onyeka Onwenu for not being married, why not donate your father ?

Single mothers and unmarried women are still being judged in Nigeria because they have not conformed to what society expects of them. And that is really the unsaid basis of all the Toni Payne hate. The woman's marriage broke up and now everyone hates her. Of course its the womans fault SMH.

And those who dared insult the legendary Onyeka Onewnu because of your love of 9ice who hasn't been in the music game for more than 5 years. All I would say is your mothers have not thought you better.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by oddy4real(m): 2:25pm On Nov 05, 2010
olojoro:

grin grin grin what is the bane of my argument?  shocked Jesu Kristos of Oju Elegba. And you just had the audacity to say I said nothing sensible? I weep  on your future's behalf  cry . All these people that want to use size of vocabulary as an indicator of intelligence. Do you even know what "bane" means? You are a bigger joke than your previous posts suggest.

You are here speculating/gossiping about whose famous flute some lady is blowing and then saying something about "real men thrashing out issues".  grin grin

So, Mr Know-all, what does 'Bane' mean adn how doesnt it apply??/
I am just tired of responding. Seems like you are new on Nl and you think that for you to be relevant, you have to call people out?? NO BE SOO.
AM OUT! lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by kadman(m): 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2010
olojoro:

How is the word bane supposed to be used ? And how did [b]oddy4rea[/b]l use it wrongly 
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by hayo(m): 2:33pm On Nov 05, 2010
eldee:

You know why your elders said silence was the best answer?? Because they  didn't make their money from being in the public eye.
It's because they didn't do press releases on everything that happens in their marriage after doing a track to say their wife was fluting their bet friend.
Silence from the onset is golden, but you don't shout at first and then resort to silence when it's more convinient.

And abeg cut your elder talk . . . they were people like you, only difference is that they lived in times when it was cool to trade their people for mirrors and lumps of sugar.

What more can one do but , I can't shout!
If you read my post well, I never even mentioned 9ice's silence or the lack of it. My point was only to understand why you have to comment on such a topic on a forum like Nairaland. And even much more exhibiting such emotions. I won't even expect Rugged man to say anything in a place like this even though he is a party to the rift. But it is ok, since we now think that our "Elders" were not wise - it is fine to keep exhibiting our own wisdom. Good luck man!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by olojoro: 2:40pm On Nov 05, 2010
kadman:

How exactly is the word bane supposed to be used ? And how did oddy4rea[/b]l use it wrongly 

Bane –noun
a person or thing that ruins or spoils: [b]Gambling was the bane of his existence.

a deadly poison (often used in combination, as in the names of poisonous plants): wolfsbane; henbane.
death; destruction; ruin.
Obsolete . that which causes death or destroys life: entrapped and drowned beneath the watery bane.

My opponent asking me what the bane of MY argument is, is suggesting that MY argument was supposed to disprove MY argument/point (He's basically asking what killed my argument) . It could have been somewhat sensible if he asked me what the bane of HIS argument was, because he would have been asking why I thought his argument was obsolete.

I think you were reading my post that sort of paraphrased his. If you read his original post you might see what I'm getting at.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by eldee(m): 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2010
@hayo
I do apologise, I misread your post and assumed that your use of that adage was in reference to 9ice.
I'm not the Eldee you know and I don't ee how I've displayed emotions on this thread, in fact I know half the people I've replied here on first name basis.

olojoro:

Bane –noun
a person or thing that ruins or spoils: Gambling was the bane of his existence.
a deadly poison (often used in combination, as in the names of poisonous plants): wolfsbane; henbane.
Obsolete . that which causes death or destroys life: entrapped and drowned beneath the watery bane.

My opponent asking me what the bane of MY argument is, is suggesting that MY argument was supposed to disprove MY argument/point (He's basically asking what killed my argument) . It could have been somewhat sensible if he asked me what the bane of HIS argument was, because he would have been asking why I thought his argument was obsolete.

I think you were reading my post that sort of paraphrased his. If you read his original post you might see what I'm getting at.

WHOA!!! 1st Round Knockout!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by dayokanu(m): 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2010
eldee:

It's because they didn't do press releases on everything that happens in their marriage [b]after doing a track to say their wife was fluting their bet friend.[/b]Silence from the onset is golden, but you don't shout at first and then resort to silence when it's more convinient.

Eldee,

Where did you get the bolded from?

9ice made the song with TP's knowledge.

9ice told ruggedman he wasnt referring to him.

What else do you want him to say?

Seriously. If TP didnt have any reservation about the song while it was being recorded knowing it wasnt about her. But you her fans say it was then what do you want 9ice to do?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by kashmo: 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2010
googles:

ROTFL  grin grin grin

Sho le fi Obasanjo shey chris brown
eldee the dunce sho le fi shey eldee the don  grin
Googles, you beauty kiss kiss kiss Ke happen omo iyemi?
olojoro:

Bane –noun
a person or thing that ruins or spoils: Gambling was the bane of his existence.

Another English prof wannabe, right undecided Sh[i]i[/i]t you got up there was cut & paste from dictionary.com; you expect that to be credible enough to win you points? Smh! If you had the right scholarly sources, you will see Bane means - a cause of great distress or annoyance. Please, update your vocab! No hard feelings . . .
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by olojoro: 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2010
grin grin

Let's for your pathetic case pretend this makes any sense in the context in which your friend used it

In that case your friend's post would read

What is the "cause of great distress or annoyance" of my argument.
   grin grin what is causing my argument distress??

Which suggests that my argument was in great distress, or that my argument was greatly annoyed. Now let's pretend that i was making an argument, even though I wasn't (but we won't even go there), and my argument was "in distress", why would my opponent be asking me for the cause. Wouldn't his task be to point out the flaws in my argument?

Never argue with idiots. Especially those with buffoon written on their foreheads. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I'm off to go and play English professor somewhere else   kiss kiss
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by kashmo: 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2010
olojoro:

grin grin

Let's for your pathetic case pretend this makes any sense in the context in which your friend used it

In that case your friend's post would read
   grin grin what is causing my argument distress??

Which suggests that my argument was in great distress, or that my argument was greatly annoyed. Now let's pretend that i was making an argument, even though I wasn't (but we won't even go there), and my argument was "in distress", why would my opponent be asking me for the cause. Wouldn't his task be to point out the flaws in my argument.

Never argue with idiots. Especially those with buffoon written on their foreheads. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I'm off to go and play English professor somewhere else   kiss kiss

Nah, I wasn't even in support of him using it in that context! And, did you see me quote any of his lines, Olojoro? I pointed out your flaws here and you catching feelings? Your examples are archaic and not in use anymore, sir! Remember " Teacher don't teach me nonsense!" cheesy Your case resonates that lovely tune by Fela Kuti grin Ok my learned Professor tongue Take am easy with your student o . . . . . .
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by oddy4real(m): 6:49pm On Nov 05, 2010
kashmo:

Nah, I wasn't even in support of him using it in that context! And, did you see me quote any of his lines, Olojoro? I pointed out your flaws here and you catching feelings? Your examples are archaic and not in use anymore, sir! Remember " Teacher don't teach me nonsense!" cheesy Your case resonates that lovely tune by Fela Kuti grin Ok my learned Professor tongue Take am easy with your student o . . . . . .

grin grin grin grin grin grin. NICE ONE. PUTTING A FOOL IN HIS PLACE
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by olojoro: 7:50pm On Nov 05, 2010
grin holy poo poo. Are you guys really this sorry?

I used dictionary.com because i just googled the word and that was the first one that came up. I was not really trying to get all technical. I was just trying to show odde4real that his statement was meaningless. Besides, Merriam-Webster has a similar definition to the one I used (a source of harm or ruin). They are pretty much the same thing unless we want to be little children and act all petty. I won't go there with you. It wouldn't matter what definition you used, odde4real's statement makes no sense.

Bottom line is that Odde4real is an ignoramus trying to do local champion on Nairaland. wink
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by kashmo: 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2010
olojoro:

grin holy poo poo. Are you guys really this sorry?

I used dictionary.com because i just googled the word and that was the first one that came up. I was not really trying to get all technical. I was just trying to show odde4real that his statement was meaningless. Besides, Merriam-Webster has a similar definition to the one I used (a source of harm or ruin). They are pretty much the same thing unless we want to be little children and act all petty. I won't go there with you. It wouldn't matter what definition you used, odde4real's statement makes no sense.

Bottom line is that Odde4real is an ignoramus trying to do local champion on Nairaland. wink
Bros, I don't trade insults at all on Nairaland, neither do I analyze errors made by forumite! Trust me, we cool cos I no be olojoro like you o tongue grin grin Try using something standard; oxford is the key! Once a again, i'm cool with you wink
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by martiniflo: 2:07am On Nov 06, 2010
something in me tells me that Toni Payne does not really deserve all d treatment being meted to her,whatever she must ave done i think 9ce should ave handled d whole tin more maturedly,however i believe soon and very soon d whole truth shall come,i never liked d 9ce guy anyway all his songs are trash.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by Igonih(m): 2:33am On Nov 06, 2010
@TKB417

God bless your mother. Mine is dead and was a decent woman if you must know. She was decent till her death and yes during her era women married to please the society and not for love. That doesnt make onyeka a bad person and I do not think having kids with 5 men makes her evil either and should not be used as a yad stick to measure one's intellect. I do not judge her it has happened and thats that. It doesnt mean that she should not defend herself or a friend of hers if she feels the person is tormented or she should take what ever shit is thrown at her cos she has 5 kids from 5 men. besides how do you know the exact paternity of her kids again?

I hope I showed your mother as much respect as you showed mine?
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by crownie(m): 11:29am On Nov 06, 2010
pls nigerians, lets understand what Onyeka is trying to say, she's talking about UNPROFESSIONAL JOURNALISM!! - on the side of Azuka. Azuka has repeatedly attackd toni for obvious reasons of just 'BEEF', azuka pls get a life and let toni live hers. Period!!!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by tkb417(m): 12:05pm On Nov 06, 2010
@Igonih
Like scram away from this forum if u have nothing to say

U started ur 'mother thingy' and I responded accordingly

@Kadman
How about ur mother helping our mothers to teach us morals

What's with Nairalanders and mothers

Are you people retards?

You wanna back up your argument with logic, the next thing you refer to someone elses mother

Fools

As for me and my house, any dumbo talk about parents would be responded to in good measure, pressed down and shaken together

Awon omo ale
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by tosinaded(m): 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2010
9ice released tradition as his 3rd album

once beaten twice shy became the next popular song after gbamu gbamu

9ice and toni AGREED to separate,and a statement is issued to the press,in dat effect.

Once beaten twice shy becomes the biggest song on the album

rumours starts flyn that the song was about toni payne

cabasa posts on facebook and also twitter,saying that on the day the song was done, payne was in the studio with them(cabasa and 9ice),and even went to make dem food.

Rumour gets bigger,and ruggedman,2face and cabasa are all robed in the toni payne saga

the press and forums wont let matters rest,as it became the hot and juicy topic,even till now. .

Ruggedman starts getting comments on fb and twitter about the issue.

Ruggedman tries clearing his name,called 9ice only to leak the private conversation.

In tryn to clear his name,he actually put a  big question abt his credibility. And the twitter and fb comments gets even worse. . .so bad he started blockn peeps on twitter and fb

9ice feels betrayed by rugged,cos of the intervies,and vows to wreck ruggeds career.
So the beef songs came to life.

Then came the Toni payne rantings on twitter!

Both 9ice and rugged gave listeners,beef songs to listen to,and the fans av been at logger head ever since,on every forum includn nairaland. . .

Then onyeka comes in to play the advocate for toni payne. . . She is the only person thats not a journalist nor a fan that has come out to take sides! And if all what i av read abt onyeka is anytn to go by, she has no moral justification to do what she did.

In my opinion, the trio of toni,9ice and rugged knows what others dont!

All this wouldnt av happend if ruggedman had been silent like 9ice and Toni. . .
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by tkb417(m): 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2010
Nice one Tosin
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by eldee(m): 2:14pm On Nov 06, 2010
@Tosin

Aiite . . . is it Ruggedman's phone call that made Ms Azuka call her a slut??
Is it what made Toni Payne call 9ice a morally bankrupt prick??
Is it the reply that made people think she's a slut??

You're saying it like it's Ruggedman's job to bear the trouble that clearly started from 9ice' song.
Like if 9ice came out in a press conference with Rugged and said, aiite people . . . nothing happened between Rugged and Toni Payne, it wouldn't have stopped ages ago.
Abeg stop linking disjointed matters just to support 9ice abeg.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2010
all these people talking about onyeka owenu having 5kids from 5 different men. where is your source please??

onyeka has NEVER in any interview spoken about her love life or her kids.

now regarding the biatch AZUKA, do you guys know that she has a kid outside wedlock??

she got hooked with a guy and pinned the pregnancy on the guy,

so who is the slut, now?

toni payne that was married, bore her son Zion within wedlock and now seperated or Azuka that was phocking around, got pregnant only for the dude to tell her ''biatch, this was'nt the deal'' and then refuse to marry her or accept the kid?

ya'all need to go to linda ikeji's website to read the comments on her blog.

its nauseating to see comments from teenagers that are 9ice's fans who know nothing about how relationship/marriage works or how adults do their thing.

all these trash would never have started if the dummie called 9ice had never in the first place issued a PUBLIC STATEMENT announcing his seperation. Its amusing. A typical village boi that was a nobody before the gongo aso album now trying to form ''global superstar'' by releasing press statements on his marriage. He needs to learn some lessons from the likes of King Sunny Ade and co that have so many women and kids in their harem yet makes no noise about the hearts they have broken.

Afterall, Lola Omotayo is farrrrr older than Paul of Psquare. She has a son for him. How come nobody is labelling her an aristo chick or calling her names? 9ice needs to give Toni Payne some respect. She is the mother of his kid for carrying out loud.

If only 9ice had in the same light issued a PUBLIC STATEMENT announcing that the song was not about Toni Payne, things would not have gotten this bad.

And to think she is the mother of his first son. SMH.

He should go and read about Clarence Peters story and what happened between Shina Peters and Clarion Chukwura when she bore him for Shina Peters.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
Did ya'all see the album cover for 9ice gongo aso's album?

He gave Toni Payne credits for the album and spoke glowingly about her on the album cover. This was before they got married.

It is a known FACT that toni payne played a big part in the success of that album.

So now that the bariga village boy has turned to National Celeb, the best he can do is to drag Toni Payne's name in the mud.

It is really sad sha.

If he is not careful, this mess will be his downfall.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by tosinaded(m): 4:09pm On Nov 06, 2010
Sum1 please tell this poster that bariga is not a village!

@eldee
i really dnt undastand ur view on this issue!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by cap28: 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2010
onyeka onwenu has come out to stand up for a  poor young woman and i applaud her for that.  she knows whats she's talking about having been on the receiving end of it for many years. 

As for those condemning Onyeka for being a single parent - since when did that become a crime?

do you want her to be like the majority of nigerian women who are treated like door mats by husband's who dont respect them, at least she carried on with her life and make a success of her career.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by eldee(m): 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2010
tosinaded@:

@eldee
i really dnt undastand your view on this issue!

You said it won't have happened if Ruggedman didn't record the call, I'm saying the call was only a minor part in all of this.
The call didn't start the rumour, if anything it put more people on Toni's side.

Since the basis of your previous post is the call, then your post is kinda irrelevant.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by tosinaded(m): 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2010
Eldee if u feel the interview is a minor part of all this prob,then am surprised!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by spikedcylinder: 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2010
cap28:

As for those condemning Onyeka for being a single parent - since when did that become a crime?

do you want her to be like the majority of nigerian women who are treated like door mats by husband's who dont respect them, at least she carried on with her life and make a success of her career.

Thank you oh! The moment she became a single parent, she should have put a gun to her brains and blown it out. According to these people who are the who is who of moral decadence. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olamide - Confession Aiye [prod. By Samklef] / MTV EMA 2019: Burna Boy Wins ‘Best Africa Act’ Award / The Unofficial Nairaland Mixtape - The Plan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.