Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. (16230 Views)

No Igbo Man Can Win Presidency In 2023: Orji Kalu Writes Off Peter Obi / Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest / Ayo Adebanjo: No Igbo President, No Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by dokyOloye: 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2019
omenka:
Neither are there in Benue state.

Folks should stop spreading lies on the internet.
you are supremely ignorant on this.
There are indigenous Ezza speaking communities in Okpokwu Local govt of Benue state which is contiguous with Effium(Ezza Land) in Ohaukwu local govt of Ebonyi state.
They were probably separated during boundary delineation during colonial days.
They comprise of Umezeokoha,Umuezeoka and some other clans which you also find in Ezza North and Ohaukwu LGAs of Ebonyi.
I think they even have a ward they produce councilors(not sure).
Don't even doubt this,my girlfriend served there and schooled in Ebonyi though she's not an Ebonyian, so she was pleasantly surprised to see them there though I have always known but never been there.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by SLAP44: 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2019
Afamed:

In due time, you will know you are on borrowed land in Abj

Dibia na agwo otolo, o kobelu ike ya na elu?

4 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by dokyOloye: 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2019
meezynetwork:
I served in cross river obubra to be precised. I saw indigenous igbos in cross river and indigenous efik in ebonyi. Search for oforekpe in ebonyi state. Those are the little ones I know. And I was told they are many villages like that even across the river. Interior areas.
Igbos dey Abi local govt well well too.
Gov Imoke sef,dem de suspect he get Igbo ancestry.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by omenka(m): 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2019
dokyOloye:

you are supremely ignorant on this.
There are indigenous Ezza speaking communities in Okpokwu Local govt of Benue state.
They comprise of Umezeokoha,Umuezeoka and some other clans which you also find in Ezza North LGA of Ebonyi.
I think they even have a ward they produce councilors(not sure).
Don't even doubt this,my girlfriend served there and schooled in Ebonyi though she's not an Ebonyian, so she was pleasantly surprised to see them there.
You people should stop plastering this trash everywhere trying to make it stick. IT WILL NEVER STICK.

Imagine after the false claims, you guys have now started extrapolating to claim they produced q ward counciller!! Imagine the shameless lies.

What is the name of the councillor? Honourable Nobody? sad

Why cant you lot present even a leaflet of evidence, say, a historical document, that back up your claims, rather than some fictitious newspaper publication which, by the way doesnt even support your claims?

You lot should be ashamed of yourselves!!

You arent from Benue. Stop forcing yourselves on Benue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by SLAP44: 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2019
dokyOloye:

Imoke is an Igbo name although I don't know if this particular Imoke has Igbo ancestry.

Variants of Imoke name in Igbo

Anioke
Igboke
Ugwoke
Nwoke
Chimoke
Ejimoke

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by SLAP44: 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2019
omenka:
You people should stop plastering this trash everywhere trying to make it stick. IT WILL NEVER STICK.

Imagine after the false claims, you guys have now started extrapolating to claim they produced q ward counciller!! Imagine the shameless lies.

Why cant you lot present even a leaflet of evidence, say, a historical document, that back up your claims, rather than some fictitious newspaper publication which, by the way doesnt even support your claims?

Don't die for something already established. There are Igbos in Benue boundary town with Ebonyi and Igbos from Kogi areas o fun Anambra. There are also Igalas in Enugu and Anambra.

Stop fighting the truth because you will always lose.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by dokyOloye: 9:50pm On Oct 01, 2019
omenka:

I gave you d name of local govt,name of d communities but you prefer to wallow in your typical zombie sloganeering.
Here's another one.

7 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by SLAP44: 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
dokyOloye:

I gave you d name of local govt,name of d communities but you prefer to wallow in your typical zombie sloganeering.
Here's another one.

Thank you. But will his chronic illiteracy ever be cured? He is a zombie by choice, not as if he can be helped.

5 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by effty(m): 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
oilPUSSY:
Keep deceiving yourself to feel happy
Have you ever been to Akwa-Ibom state? There is no Igbo speaking community there oh.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by omenka(m): 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2019
dokyOloye:

Here's another one.
Only an incorrigible punk would think saying a good number of people living living in a place implies that they're indigenous to such a place.

Only a matter of time before you claim you people are indigenous to Lagos and Kano since alot of your brothers live there.

Yet he calls others zombies.

If you want to see an illiterate zombie, look in the mirror and make a sketch of the image you see staring back at you.

Benue belongs to the people of Benue and Igbos arent one of those people. Deal with it.

4 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by gidgiddy: 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2019
omenka:

Chairman of Oju local government is an Igbo man called Austin Ochi

Chairman of Okpokwu LGA is an Igbo man called Olofu Oguche.

Igbos are indigenous to Okpokwu, Oju and Obi LGA's of Benue state

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by AyakaDunukofia: 10:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
There are fringe indigenous Igbo in Akwaibom as well as indigenous Annangs in Abia.[img] https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/soc.culture.nigeria/KM67pNMl7G0 [/img]

Ibibio is also one of the two languages of Arochukwu town in Abia

5 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by omenka(m): 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2019
gidgiddy:

Chairman of Oju local government is an Igbo man called Austin Ochi

Chairman of Okpokwu LGA is an Igbo man called Olofu Oguche.

Igbos are indigenous to Okpokwu, Oju and Obi LGA's of Benue state
Chairman of MY LOCAL GOVERNMENT IS AN IGBO MAN!!!?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Igbos Indiginous to Oju!!??

Jeez.

And what the hell is OGUCHE?? You make such outlandish claims yet even the name you guys cant spell correctly! Why are you people like this? sad

This is the hight of it!!! Madness on steroids!! I give up.

God forbid!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
LegendHero:

Cc:
osagyefo98
goodness001
immhotep
GMBuharii
Adaibeku

These are some of the usernames
Bros what are you insinuatinggrin

Cc lzaa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by emae009(m): 11:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
there are no indigenous Igbo whether fringe or pinch in Akwa Ibom. Akwa Ibom has many languages and Igbo is not one of them... the language map or whatever that shenanigan is, is obviously a big lie.. the two major languages in Akwa Ibom are ibibio and annang yet on your "map" almost all L.G.A is ibibio??... please stop dragging Akwa Ibom to Igbo. we're independent on our own. thank you

4 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by LegendHero(m): 11:51pm On Oct 01, 2019
emae009:
there are no indigenous Igbo whether fringe or pinch in Akwa Ibom. Akwa Ibom has many languages and Igbo is not one of them... the language map or whatever that shenanigan is, is obviously a big lie.. the two major languages in Akwa Ibom are ibibio and annang yet on your "map" almost all L.G.A is ibibio??... please stop dragging Akwa Ibom to Igbo. we're independent on our own. thank you

Thank God the son of the soil are gradually coming out to claim their lands from grabbers.

I’ve always wondered where all the SS’ners guys are on this forum. Coz it seems most of you already identified with the tag “we Igbos”.

One of those guys claimed the Igbo is part of the major languages in Akwa Ibom, I had to challenge him which made the OP to also join the discussion before the OP created this thread.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by emae009(m): 12:11am On Oct 02, 2019
LegendHero:

Thank God the son of the soil are gradually coming out to claim their lands from grabbers.

I’ve always wondered where all the SS’ners guys are on this forum. Coz it seems most of you already identified with the tag “we Igbos”.

One of those guys claimed the Igbo is part of the major languages in Akwa Ibom, I had to challenge him which made the OP to also join the discussion before the OP created this thread.

I saw the initial post but I didn't read it or give much thought to it until this one. the Ukwa East the other guy mentioned is the boundary between Akwa Ibom and Abia state and they don't speak annang. they understand it to some extent because of business dealings done between the people there but they don't speak annang as their dialect. that's like saying badagry is a French speaking area because it shares boundary with Cotonou

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by LegendHero(m): 12:16am On Oct 02, 2019
emae009:

I saw the initial post but I didn't read it or give much thought to it until this one. the Ukwa East the other guy mentioned is the boundary between Akwa Ibom and Abia state and they don't speak annang. they understand it to some extent because of business dealings done between the people there but they don't speak annang as their dialect. that's like saying badagry is a French speaking area because it shares boundary with Cotonou

I get it now.

Gracias.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by BuhariAdvocate: 12:26am On Oct 02, 2019
Keep quiet land grabber. The op made it cleared enough that should be ring in your ears.
oilPUSSY:
I never knew there are Igalas in Anambra until I started visiting Nairaland.

That one is from a particular area doesn't mean he must understand everything about his territory..

There is no way one can say that there is no minority tribe in his state as long as state creation which is man made is concerned except States that sorounded by brother state like IMO state and some other southern states.. Every other state has ethnic minority in it..
Stop crying Op.

You can change or write whatever you believe or like on nairaland but you can't change the reality on ground

1 Like

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Eteka1(m): 12:30am On Oct 02, 2019
oilPUSSY:
Keep deceiving yourself to feel happy
fake map. Akwa Ibom has Ibibio, Annang, Eket and Oron.

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Eteka1(m): 12:35am On Oct 02, 2019
meezynetwork:
I served in cross river obubra to be precised. I saw indigenous igbos in cross river and indigenous efik in ebonyi. Search for oforekpe in ebonyi state. Those are the little ones I know. And I was told they are many villages like that even across the river. Interior areas.
There are no indigenous Igbo's in Obubra or Cross River as a whole. The people you saw may have settled there cos we share boundaries with Abia and Ebonyi States.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Eteka1(m): 12:45am On Oct 02, 2019
dokyOloye:

Abi has many border communities (share boundaries) with Igbo communities in Ebonyi State. That some of them may intermarry or even settle doesn't mean there are indigenous Igbo's from Abi.

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Eteka1(m): 12:56am On Oct 02, 2019
dokyOloye:

Here's another one.
Tell me that place in Cross River that Ezza people live. This same Cross River that I know inside out? We share boundaries o! That's all. That Abomeghe shares boundary with Ekureku in Abi.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by GodIsBiafran: 1:02am On Oct 02, 2019
The OP (Lastorator) and LegendHero are the same person. He is a Yoruba man. No bonafide Akwa-Ibomite will deny the indigenous Igbos in Akwa-Ibom. This is not even up to debate. Yorubas stop trying to cause confusion between Igbo-AkwaIbomites and Ibibio/Anang AkwaIbomites. You have been warned. Omenka is also another Yoruba pretending to be from Benue. I have visited Benue many times and the indigenous Igbos there are very proud of their Igboness.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 1:52am On Oct 02, 2019
Omenka is pained..so unfortunate he can't change nothing..

Heard his local government chairman is an igboman...hahahahahahahaha....oi don faint...
grin
Omenka you're on your own.. grin
No go near sniper oh...

Wey egghead..gbawe..I no get una new moniker..passingshot..make una dey observe omenka..this news ba?

5 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 2:26am On Oct 02, 2019
SLAP44:

Colonised? And they have all faded into oblivion now and don't hold political positions?

In Kwarra, the Fulani are running things and changing even yoruba towns and traditional institutions. There's no comparison. Greet the Emir of Ilorin for me.

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by LegendHero(m): 2:41am On Oct 02, 2019
GodIsBiafran:
The OP (Lastorator) and LegendHero are the same person. He is a Yoruba man. No bonafide Akwa-Ibomite will deny the indigenous Igbos in Akwa-Ibom. This is not even up to debate. Yorubas stop trying to cause confusion between Igbo-AkwaIbomites and Ibibio/Anang AkwaIbomites. You have been warned. Omenka is also another Yoruba pretending to be from Benue. I have visited Benue many times and the indigenous Igbos there are very proud of their Igboness.

Lol, so the OP is now Yoruba using my monicker for telling people about his heritage and state of origin.

So you mean the Akwa-Ibomites ought to be silent anytime the Igbos are trying to claim their lands?

Ask yourself bro, how are you different from the Fulanis? Isn’t this what the fulanis are tryna do with the RUGA? Migrate enmasse to a place, stay there for a long time, rename the area, propagate lies that you are indigent to that area, then claim it as your heritage.

I am Yoruba but it’s a great affront on the OP dignity to even try to call him a Yoruba, coz what you meant by that statement is that AkwaIbomites can’t speak for themselves and that you Igbos must always define their identity.

Really sad!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by selemempe: 4:27am On Oct 02, 2019
dokyOloye:

they are not suspecting. He is a full blooded igboman

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by mainkendo: 4:43am On Oct 02, 2019
eastern obolo speak a mix of akwa ibom and Igbo. and some part of ikot abasi speaks Igbo too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Lastorator: 5:06am On Oct 02, 2019
GodIsBiafran:

I wont even dare to argue with you.. Shebi i am yoruba ? Mfigna ibagha, nkor ama atippe iya idionghor...
Outuekong1 imagine usoh ami oo...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Lastorator: 5:13am On Oct 02, 2019
LegendHero:

Lol, so the OP is now Yoruba using my monicker for telling people about his heritage and state of origin.

So you mean the Akwa-Ibomites ought to be silent anytime the Igbos are trying to claim their lands?

Ask yourself bro, how are you different from the Fulanis? Isn’t this what the fulanis are tryna do with the RUGA? Migrate enmasse to a place, stay there for a long time, rename the area, propagate lies that you are indigent to that area, then claim it as your heritage.

I am Yoruba but it’s a great affront on the OP dignity to even try to call him a Yoruba, coz what you meant by that statement is that AkwaIbomites can’t speak for themselves and that you Igbos must always define their identity.

Really sad!

Guy dont mind him, dont just argue with anybody here.. These folks are just too desperate and too imposible, you cant have reasonable arguments with them.

As he says, 90% of akwa abasi ibom state is filled with indigenous igbo.. Let him continue with his delusion, i pray the government should make steps to grant them Biafra,i so pray, We will be generating so much tax and tariffs as Akwa ibom and cross river will be one of their surest routes to the coast... That will be the day, they will wake up.

For now i rest my case, i wont even reply anybody on this again... You can take a horse to the stream, but if the horse is too dumb or too arrogant to drink, you cant comman kill yourself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by ServantsOfTruth: 5:15am On Oct 02, 2019
The yourba nation should stop talking about the igbos and think about how they are gonna get their state back from their Fulani masters

Think about how to get oduduwa republic before your masters will take over all your states and wipe off your culture

It has started

Be wise

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing / Agboola Ajayi: Nine APC Cheiftains In Race To Replace Ondo Deputy Governor / Timipre Sylva: FG Has No Control Over The Price Of Cooking Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.