Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. (16147 Views)

No Igbo Man Can Win Presidency In 2023: Orji Kalu Writes Off Peter Obi / Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest / Ayo Adebanjo: No Igbo President, No Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Lastorator: 5:15am On Oct 02, 2019
mainkendo:
eastern obolo speak a mix of akwa ibom and Igbo. and some part of ikot abasi speaks Igbo too.

Eastern Obolo speaks Andoni... Yes their language mixes ibibio and Igbo, same with, Ika, and border towns... But no state here speaks igbo as their main language non.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Lastorator: 5:16am On Oct 02, 2019
selemempe:
they are not suspecting. He is a full blooded igboman

You guys still dont know that akwa ibom state is different from cross river, we are 30years already
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Lastorator: 5:19am On Oct 02, 2019
oilPUSSY:
Keep deceiving yourself to feel happy

Hahahaha.. Who drew this map ? From the map the only language in Akwa ibom is ibibio, ekoi and igbo..

No oron, no annang, no ekid, no itu mbuso... Etc.
No wahala... U guys are right, continue with ypur self delusion
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Haywhysat: 5:21am On Oct 02, 2019
SLAP44:

Which yeye outpost? We are talking of how an entire large part of yorubaland was lost to the Fulanis and you're there talking outpost? Name the yoruba traditional ruler that is higher than the Fulani born Emir of Ilorin in the whole of Kwara?
the difference between igbos and yorubas is, you will never see a yoruba man forcing himself on republic of Benin or Togo where there are sizeable number of yorubas... Have you seen kunle Afolayan, or Femi Adebayo or even CDQ claiming they aren't yorubas?? Buh here we are, seeing SS people telling you guys to stop forcing unnecessary attache attache...

2 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Lastorator: 5:22am On Oct 02, 2019
meezynetwork:
I served in cross river obubra to be precised. I saw indigenous igbos in cross river and indigenous efik in ebonyi. Search for oforekpe in ebonyi state. Those are the little ones I know. And I was told they are many villages like that even across the river. Interior areas.

Akwa ibom state is a different state from cross river state... Check the title of the post...
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Lastorator: 5:24am On Oct 02, 2019
SLAP44:

That's how the Fulani grabbed the whole of Kwara state. But Igbos have been in the areas since the creation of the world. Fulani Was Invited Into Kwara by Alimi, who brought the Igbos into Akwa cross and when?

Which part of Akwa Ibom state exaxtly are you guys indegenous to ?
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by selemempe: 5:36am On Oct 02, 2019
Lastorator:

You guys still dont know that akwa ibom state is different from cross river, we are 30years already
I don't know about Igbos in Akwa Ibom state. But I am 100% sure of Igbos in cross river

4 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Lastorator: 5:54am On Oct 02, 2019
selemempe:
I don't know about Igbos in Akwa Ibom state. But I am 100% sure of Igbos in cross river

THERE ARE NONE MY BROTHER, I CAN BET MY LIFE ON IT, THATS WHY YOU WONT SEE A SINGLE �N COME TO THIS THREAD AND SAY, I AM FROM SO SO AND SO VILLAGE IN AKWA IBOM, I AM IGBO....

CALABAR ON THE OTHER HAND HAS THE MOST DIVERSE CULTURE AND LANGUAGE IN NIGERIA, IMMEDIATELY YOU WALK PAST 20HOUSES, YOU WILL FIND A NEW LANGUAGE THERE... SO IT MIGHT BE POSSIBLE... I AM SPEAKING WHOLLY FOR AKWA IBOM STATE... MY STATE,MY JEWEL...
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by justtoodark: 6:04am On Oct 02, 2019
chai....

nairaland is better than comedy....

everyday na drama....

kiiiiikikikiki....

1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by selemempe: 6:06am On Oct 02, 2019
Lastorator:

THERE ARE NONE MY BROTHER, I CAN BET MY LIFE ON IT, THATS WHY YOU WONT SEE A SINGLE �N COME TO THIS THREAD AND SAY, I AM FROM SO SO AND SO VILLAGE IN AKWA IBOM, I AM IGBO....

CALABAR ON THE OTHER HAND HAS THE MOST DIVERSE CULTURE AND LANGUAGE IN NIGERIA, IMMEDIATELY YOU WALK PAST 20HOUSES, YOU WILL FIND A NEW LANGUAGE THERE... SO IT MIGHT BE POSSIBLE... I AM SPEAKING WHOLLY FOR AKWA IBOM STATE... MY STATE,MY JEWEL...
it's ok...we don't need indegenous Igbos In awka Ibom to be brothers.
The aro of Abia state and the ibibios are a bloodline and used to be in a country called Aro confederacy before 1900

4 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by selemempe: 6:09am On Oct 02, 2019
Haywhysat:
the difference between igbos and yorubas is, you will never see a yoruba man forcing himself on republic of Benin or Togo where there are sizeable number of yorubas... Have you seen kunle Afolayan, or Femi Adebayo or even CDQ claiming they aren't yorubas?? Buh here we are, seeing SS people telling you guys to stop forcing unnecessary attache attache...
because we lost a war... obviously. However I have seen yoruboids from Edo say they are not yorubas. I have also see the map of oduduwa Republic and the Edo's made it clear they don't want a part of it

6 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Lastorator: 6:18am On Oct 02, 2019
selemempe:
The aro of Abia state and the ibibios are a bloodline and used to be in a country called Aro confederacy before 1900

True, its the story with most border communitiez, intermarying and commerce in border towns always lead to that..
My best friends are igbo, in uni and during service we love and respect each other... But that doesn't mean i will avoid and opportunity of setting the record straight just so i can appease them.. The best time to have told the herdsmen that the whole nigeria is not theirs and theirs to conquer and do as they please was years back... But the next best time is now.
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by femolii: 6:30am On Oct 02, 2019
oilPUSSY:
I never knew there are Igalas in Anambra until I started visiting Nairaland.

That one is from a particular area doesn't mean he must understand everything about his territory..

There is no way one can say that there is no minority tribe in his state as long as state creation which is man made is concerned except States that sorounded by brother state like IMO state and some other southern states.. Every other state has ethnic minority in it..
Stop crying Op.

You can change or write whatever you believe or like on nairaland but you can't change the reality on ground
You are right 100%.

4 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by justtoodark: 6:35am On Oct 02, 2019
selemempe:

you do remember who were the Aro confederacy....and what they did in the past....right....??
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by femolii: 6:39am On Oct 02, 2019
LegendHero:

What about the Igala in Anambra? I learnt there are Igala in Anambra and judging from history, they took you as slaves and lord over you for ages.

Am I wrong?

There is an article on researchgate about how the Igala colonized the Northerners Igbos.

They committed lot of atrocities against you guys you know, so sad that happened!
Igala in anambra are many they up 40%.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by wiseone28: 6:46am On Oct 02, 2019
IGBO PEOPLE SHOULD STOP ALL THIS LAND GRABBING.. THERE ARE NO IGBOs IN AKWA IBOM, SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR BIAFRA.

MBOK!!
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 02, 2019
Who opened this thread, should go for a refund of his or her school fees because it was wasted.

If I know your state more than you , that means you living in denial or you below 20 years or in your mid 20's with no knowledge if anything.

Sorry and once again sorry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 02, 2019
Lastorator:
Pubic service announcement.
Unbehalf of the Akwa-Cross people..
I want to make clarification here...
I read in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5447274/languages-spoken-each-36-states that the main language in Akwa ibom is Ibibio, annang and Igbo...
I am not at odd with any tribe, but truth is if you dont set the record straight, folks will play the crooked record and fight to the death that it is straight.

Akwa ibom has 3 language, Ibibio, Annang and Oron... Okobo, Ekid, Ika, andoni etc are all dialects that mix these languages up. But there is no single trib in Akwa ibom dat speaks Igbo. But there are igbo speakers in all paet of Akwa Ibom as the migrate to do business ... But there are no indigenous tribes in Akwa ibom that Igbo is their language and there are no indigenous tribes in igbo land, that speak Ibibio.

We are at most very good neighbours... But we are brothers with Efik people of Cross Rivers, as we both understand each others language.

No one should try to twist the narrative... Dont make it seem as we are fighting each other, but don't also try to encroach and take over our space, we live and repect you guys and the difference in ourculture and tradition... We also hope for you guys to love and respect us for our differences and not try to use the social media to change the facts as they are.

Mmi ndo Atta atta ayen akwa abasi ibom, but nkor nvak usughu usung Oro, ntiene ndionghor ndi sem efik... I Used 3 languages here (Ibibio, Oron, and Efik) i am not good in annang but i understand it.. And any true akwa Ibomite will give credence to this... I hope on our Cross River brothers to come out and draw the line... So that tomorrow our boundaries will not be erased and redrawn to suit the drawing party.

Finally ,no need for map.

Move Abia and her proximity away from Akwaibom maybe you can add Ekiti or ogun state there, then you can have peace.

As far there exist Ibibio speakers in Abia state, there also exist Igbo speakers in Akwaibom all in minority status.

Thank you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by PreyingMantis(m): 6:55am On Oct 02, 2019
Lastorator:
The MAP ABOVE ME IS A RUES... EVEN MOST NIGERIANS THAT ARE NOT FROM AKWA IBOM STATE BUT HAVE EVER BEEN IN THE STATE WILL LAUGH AT YOUR IGNORANCE.

IN YOUR MAP THERE IS IBIBIO, EKOI, AND IGBO..

NO SINGLE ANNANG, NO ORON, NO EKID, NO ANDONI, NO ITU MBUZO...
GUY, YOU GUYS ARE IMPOSSIBLE, YOU EVEN WENT AS FAR AS DRAWING UP A FAKE MAP SO AS TO SUIT YOUR STORY.. SO THE LANGUAGE OF GODSWILL AKPABIO IS NOW IGBO... HAHHAHAHAH.

YOU GUYS ARE IMPOSIBLE, "ABASI AKAN MBUFO ANOR NNYIN OOO....
"
ANYBODY READING THOUGH THE PODT HERE WILL FIND OUT, THAT WHILE SOME SET ARE SAYING..... "WE ARE NOT YOU PEOPLE" ANOTHER SET ARE BUSY TRYING TO FORCE "YOU PEOPLE ARE US" CHECK THE POST AND READ THROUGH AND SEE HOW DESPERATE THESE GUYS ARE TO GRAB OUR LANDS AND CLAIM IT AS THEIRS.

FELLOW NDITOR AKWA IBOM NNYIN... THE TIME TO SPEAK UP IS NOW, STOP IGNORING IT, MOST PEOPLE WILL SEE SILENT AS CONSENT... YAK AFID NNYIN EWONGHO IDI SIO UYO NDINN, MAK MKPONG DO OO.

Legendhero please do try and mention anybody that wishes to impose a foreign language on the Akwa ibom people to this tread...

Its not a war, or a fight... Just some ways of setting the facts right now that it is starting, so that tomorrow we dont fight and quarrel over some mistruths that could have been corrected
My friend, ITU MBUZO is Igboland. Amaudo Itumbuzo is well known because of the leprosy settlement there. Google can help you. I think it is one of the border communities

3 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by LZAA: 6:56am On Oct 02, 2019
SLAP44:

That's how the Fulani grabbed the whole of Kwara state. But Igbos have been in the areas since the creation of the world. Fulani Was Invited Into Kwara by Alimi, who brought the Igbos into Akwa cross and when?
Choooi grin
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed Adaibeku

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by wiseone28: 6:57am On Oct 02, 2019
[s]
PreyingMantis:
My friend, ITU MBUZO is Igboland. Amaudo Itumbuzo is well known because of the leprosy settlement there. Google can help you. I think it is one of the border communities
[/s]
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by wiseone28: 6:58am On Oct 02, 2019
[s]
Osagyefo98:
Who opened this thread, should go for a refund of his or her school fees because it was wasted.

If I know your state more than you , that means you living in denial or you below 20 years or in your mid 20's with no knowledge if anything.

Sorry and once again sorry.
[/s]
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 02, 2019
wiseone28:
Actions of under 20....
Go back to school for sound education.

4 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by wiseone28: 7:01am On Oct 02, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Finally ,no need for map.

Move Abia and her proximity away from Akwaibom maybe you can add Ekiti or ogun state there, then you can have peace.

As far there exist Ibibio speakers in Abia state, there also exist Igbo speakers in Akwaibom all in minority status.

Thank you.
Can you tell us one igbo speaking person in a govt position before in Akwa ibom that is from Akwa ibom?
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by emae009(m): 7:01am On Oct 02, 2019
mainkendo:
eastern obolo speak a mix of akwa ibom and Igbo. and some part of ikot abasi speaks Igbo too.

No L.G.A in Akwa Ibom mix Igbo with their language. if you knew were Eastern Obolo and Ikot Abasi are, you'll know they are the least likely to speak Igbo language. Stop misleading people online for whatever reasons
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by wiseone28: 7:02am On Oct 02, 2019
[s]
Osagyefo98:

Actions of under 20....
Go back to school for sound education.
[/s]
If you like cry we won't accept land grabbers
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Yujin(m): 7:02am On Oct 02, 2019
ServantsOfTruth:
The yourba nation should stop talking about the igbos and think about how they are gonna get their state back from their Fulani masters

Think about how to get oduduwa republic before your masters will take over all your states and wipe off your culture

It has started

Be wise
Don't mind them. They are so focussed on frustrating Igbos that they fail to prepare for the inevitable. I don't pity them. That's why it's gonna hit them hard.

10 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by emae009(m): 7:02am On Oct 02, 2019
Lastorator:

Eastern Obolo speaks Andoni... Yes their language mixes ibibio and Igbo, same with, Ika, and border towns... But no state here speaks igbo as their main language non.

No L.G.A in Akwa Ibom mix Igbo with their language. if you knew were Eastern Obolo and Ikot Abasi are, you'll know they are the least likely to speak Igbo language.

1 Like

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by wiseone28: 7:04am On Oct 02, 2019
emae009:

No L.G.A in Akwa Ibom mix Igbo with their language. if you knew were Eastern Obolo and Ikot Abasi are, you'll know they are the least likely to speak Igbo language. Stop misleading people online for whatever reasons
The annoying part is the energy they are trying to forced themselves on Akwa ibom instead of looking for their biafra
Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 02, 2019
wiseone28:
Can you tell us one igbo speaking person in a govt position before in Akwa ibom that is from Akwa ibom?

I was right when I said you are a small boy.

Am perfectly right.

4 Likes

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by wiseone28: 7:08am On Oct 02, 2019
[s]
Osagyefo98:

I was right when I said you are a small boy.

Am perfectly right.
[/s] No igbo in Akwa ibom stop peddling lies to boast your ego

Ino eyin uneghe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are No Igbo Speaking Tribes In Akwa Ibom. by femolii: 7:09am On Oct 02, 2019
LegendHero:

What about the Igala in Anambra? I learnt there are Igala in Anambra and judging from history, they took you as slaves and lord over you for ages.

Am I wrong?

There is an article on researchgate about how the Igala colonized the Northerners Igbos.

They committed lot of atrocities against you guys you know, so sad that happened!
Thank you for this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tragedy Averted As Fire Guts Petrol Station In Lagos / Osinbajo Presides Over Virtual Federal Executive Council (FEC) Meeting (Photos) / 2023: Frank Nweke Jr Emerges APGA Guber Candidate In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.