Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

The Paranoia Of Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Paranoia Of Christianity (4745 Views)

Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? / Desperation, foolishness and paranoia of the Hypocrites (vs the Humble) / The Traitors Of Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by johnydon22(m): 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Bolster your faith — even if you have none! Watch “The Atheist Delusion:” www.AtheistMovie.com

You are still listening to yourself instead of actually listening to what people say?

Again, saying that something came from nothing is not an atheistic position, at least not mine.

Ex nihilo is more a creationist position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by johnydon22(m): 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
Scholar8200:
sweeping generalisation sir; how many of them (in your state, to start with) do you know?
I'm going to conduct a census for you. How's that?

Moreover, the post premise is from a context that such paranoia is apparent and readily observed in Christians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by johnydon22(m): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
budaatum:

Not true. Least not in the case of those who understand scripture. They could walk even in the valley of the shadow of death and fear no evil.

And before you pick on "shadow", its metaphorical speak, not literal shadow.
haaa!!!
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by johnydon22(m): 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2019
sonmvayina:
It is Christians who created the fear.. There is none such in the old testament.. God was both responsible for both good and evil.... Singularity of a dual concept, Christianity believes in two different God's, one responsible for good.. The other for evil...
It's awfully convenient. Everything is God's plan until shi_t goes south then that's totally the devil's fault.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2019
johnydon22:
It's awfully convenient. Everything is God's plan until shi_t goes south then that's totally the devil's fault.

Yes, very convenient.. Create the problem... Sell them the solution..

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2019
johnydon22:
I'm going to conduct a census for you. How's that?

Moreover, the post premise is from a context that such paranoia is apparent and readily observed in Christians.

Nice thread.

Christians — and Muslims as well — fear anything and everything, even a tiny insect like ants or harmless reptile like the common wall gecko.

"The devil (or demon) can take any form," says the typical religionist.

Christians and Muslims are in a never-ending battle with cats, birds, and the likes, who are among their imaginary enemies.

Talk about delusion! A number of them even take this fear to the extreme, thus showing signs of schizophrenia.

No wonder experts cite religion as one of the factors that can trigger schizophrenia and related mental disorders.

As powerful as Jesus and Allah are, according to them, they still live in perpetual fear.

Of what use are the prayers of Christians and Muslims when they fall sick, lose funds in businesses, and experience other mishaps like everyone else?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by 1Sharon(f): 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2019
sonmvayina:

Christians revere both God and Satan.. It is a dualism.. But the old testament presents God as both responsible for good and evil.. Isaiah 45 :7 , lamentations 3:38...
The Satan in Judaism only acts with the expressed permission from God... He must bend to the will of God , never a dual opposite of God or even independent of God... The first time he was introduced in the Bible, he was introduced as "a son of God"... He was always part of God and has no Kingdom or will outside the will of God.. There is no where that relationship changed till you get to the new testament.. Which is just a Roman creation in other to sell Jesus to the gullible masses..

I do agree with you here. Satan can't do anything unless God told him to. He was in cahoots with God in the beginning. Even walking in and out of heaven at ease.

In the new testament, his personality suddenly changes and satan is seen as a seperate independent entity from God.

Satan suddenly become demonized in the New testament.

I'd love to know what the Jews think about satan since they only accept the old testament version of him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
1Sharon:

I do agree with you here. Satan can't do anything unless God told him to. He was in cahoots with God in the beginning. Even walking in and out of heaven at ease.

In the new testament, his personality suddenly changes and satan is seen as a seperate independent entity from God.

I'd love to know what the Jews think about satan since they only accept the old testament version of him
To them, he does not even exist....he is not even in the equation.... He is a none entity..Satan only exist in paganism..
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by 1Sharon(f): 9:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
sonmvayina:

To them, he does not even exist....he is not even in the equation.... He is a none entity..Satan only exist in paganism..

Really? Even tho satan is mentioned in the OT?
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
1Sharon:

I could go into a little lecture if you are interested..
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2019
1Sharon:

Really? Even tho satan is mentioned in the OT?

Yes.. Only mentioned in the book of job, which is not a Jewish story..
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 9:39pm On Oct 03, 2019
1Sharon:

I got this video for you...

The best explanation I can give is in this talk by Orthodox Jewish Rabbi Michael Skobac.
SATAN - The Bible's TRUE LESSON ABOUT the Devil: Rabbi Michael Skobac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGNAOZTXkac

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by 1Sharon(f): 11:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
sonmvayina:

I got this video for you...

The best explanation I can give is in this talk by Orthodox Jewish Rabbi Michael Skobac.
SATAN - The Bible's TRUE LESSON ABOUT the Devil: Rabbi Michael Skobac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGNAOZTXkac

Cheers for this. Will watch later

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2019
johnydon22:

You are still listening to yourself instead of actually listening to what people say?

Again, saying that something came from nothing is not an atheistic position, at least not mine.

Ex nihilo is more a creationist position.

What are you saying? What is the origin of the universe? undecided

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by Lamiri(m): 9:11am On Oct 05, 2019
gensteejay:

Nice thread.

Christians — and Muslims as well — fear anything and everything, even a tiny insect like ants or harmless reptile like the common wall gecko.

"The devil (or demon) can take any form," says the typical religionist.

Christians and Muslims are in a never-ending battle with cats, birds, and the likes, who are among their imaginary enemies.

Talk about delusion! A number of them even take this fear to the extreme, thus showing signs of schizophrenia.

No wonder experts cite religion as one of the factors that can trigger schizophrenia and related mental disorders.

As powerful as Jesus and Allah are, according to them, they still live in perpetual fear.
[quote author=gensteejay post=82814011]
Of what use are the prayers of Christians and Muslims when they fall sick, lose funds in businesses, and experience other mishaps like everyone else?

It is the will of their God lol
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by johnydon22(m): 11:53am On Oct 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

What are you saying?
I thought what I was saying was clear enough; I'm saying what you are saying atheists say is a strawman

What is the origin of the universe? undecided
I don't claim to know that.

I'm open to a convincing argument
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:12pm On Oct 05, 2019
johnydon22:

I thought what I was saying was clear enough; I'm saying what you are saying atheists say is a strawman

I don't claim to know that.

I'm open to a convincing argument

You don't know but you know for sure that it wasn't God, right? undecided

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by johnydon22(m): 5:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

You don't know but you know for sure that it wasn't God, right? undecided

Nope. I haven't said that either.

I am open to a convincing argument. This is what I said.
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2019
johnydon22:

Nope. I haven't said that either.

I am open to a convincing argument. This is what I said.

There can only be one answer to 2 + 2. What other convincing argument are you open to? undecided
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2019
johnydon22:
A true Christian is ruled by fear.

Got it.

I can't be one.

A true Christian is ruled by what? I most say you are ignorant of who a Christian is. What sayeth the gospel that we preach? It says, "there is no fear in love because it drives out fear utterly."

Those who fear, does so out of ignorance of the gospel( Good news).

2 Likes

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by johnydon22(m): 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

There can only be one answer to 2 + 2. What other convincing argument are you open to? undecided

Of course they can be and that answer must at least follow a consistent logical path.

2 + 2 is a logical problem.

So, I'm open to the answer you think best fits the question.

Bring your argument, let's scrutinize it and see how best your approximation remains consistent.
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by tintingz(m): 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

See who is talking. undecided
Is the statement written in the image what Atheists hold to?
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
johnydon22:

Of course they can be and that answer must at least follow a consistent logical path.

2 + 2 is a logical problem.

So, I'm open to the answer you think best fits the question.

Bring your argument, let's scrutinize it and see how best your approximation remains consistent.

2 + 2 = 4. What other consistent logical path are you looking for? undecided
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:46pm On Oct 05, 2019
tintingz:

Is the statement written in the image what Atheists hold on to?

What image do atheists hold to? undecided
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by tintingz(m): 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

What image do atheists hold to? undecided
Lack belief in God/s.

The believe that everything came out of nothing is not an atheistic position, in fact it's a theistic position.
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by SamjohnnyB(m): 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2019
johnydon22:
A true Christian is ruled by fear.

Got it.

I can't be one.

I totally disagree with u sir. A real true Christian is ruled by Love and not fear. Jesus didn't come to teach us to fear but love. It is just a pity that many so called men of God use fear to control the Christian. Making the Christian to believe that it is through fear they can relate or be with their maker. A true Christian is ruled by love. And not fear. Any Christian that is rule by fear doesn't know the Truth... And until they know the Truth before they can be set free from the power of fear.

And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make ye free.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by SamjohnnyB(m): 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2019
budaatum:
I think the error in this discuss is in thinking Christianity and Christians are the same thing when they obviously aren't.

Christians practise Christianity. But its an error to assume they could perfectly practise it when all the evidence shows how drastically we fail on the most fundamental tenet of Christianity which is "Love thy neighbours and your enemies even more".

I'm trusting you atheists to therefore do what you do best and consider the evidence instead of blaming Christianity for the paranoia of some Christians because there are many who would claim the opposite, that Christianity cured them of paranoia.

U are right sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by SamjohnnyB(m): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
wickedtuna:
very true sir

1 John 4:7-8 “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”

That is the point. Love is the greatest. A Christian should learn this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by SamjohnnyB(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2019
Edybleketara:
fear of the unknown has really blinded the religious folks, they can't even ask questions about their beliefs for fear of losing their 'faith'.
Correct... Many are afraid to ask because of the fear they have been thought

1 Like

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by SamjohnnyB(m): 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
budaatum:

Christ said, "Seek. For only then can you know". Yet, some believe without seeking.

Is because of fear they have put in their mind. That is why they believe without seeking, without asking,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by SamjohnnyB(m): 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
sonmvayina:

I could go into a little lecture if you are interested..

Please do. Let learn.
Re: The Paranoia Of Christianity by wickedtuna: 8:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
SamjohnnyB:

That is the point. Love is the greatest. A Christian should learn this.
many christians only identify the sin but fail to remember that you must not judge but love to help those in sin to find salvation

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Take It Personal And give your Answer-- Frosbel, Goshen360, Joagbaje, Etcetera. / Until Jehovah Kills This Certain People, I'll Doubt The Bible Forever / Aliens Are DEMONS. Everything Technological Is A BAIT!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.