Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing (7081 Views)

Please, I Need A Car For Ehailing / Abia State Government Procures Innoson Vehicles For Security Operations(photos) / Innoson Manufactures Modern Vehicles For Army Warrant Officers (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by eyinola: 1:43pm On Oct 30, 2019
ayogabriel:

Yes i will
ok
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Rubbiish(m): 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
joetem:

Yes, super fuel efficient, and have self diagnostic system, you just have give attention to every complaints that pop up on the display screen.
The engine model is ew10, and the other one is ew10a
Those cars are 407 with V6 engine
U use it for ehailing?
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by joetem(m): 6:15pm On Oct 30, 2019
Rubbiish:

Those cars are 407 with V6 engine
U use it for ehailing?

4plugs and very efficient
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Rubbiish(m): 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
joetem:

4plugs and very efficient
Did u replace them sir?
I thought all 407 comes with a V6 engine?
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by joetem(m): 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
Rubbiish:

Did u replace them sir?
I thought all 407 comes with a V6 engine?

Nope, follow come ooo, a whole lots of them are 4 plugs, I got them through someone on Nairaland
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Rubbiish(m): 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
[img][/img]
joetem:

Nope, follow come ooo, a whole lots of them are 4 plugs, I got them through someone on Nairaland
Thanks
I thought they are all 6plugs
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by eyinola: 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
ayogabriel:

Yes i will
ok..I hope my money go reach cool

1 Like

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by tayoccu(m): 8:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
joetem:

What’s the cost of maintenance like? How available are the parts?
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by joetem(m): 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
tayoccu:

What’s the cost of maintenance like? How available are the parts?

Available everywhere, ladipo, Ikeja ,and alaguntan, the blue one has not given any issue for two years now, so I will recommend anyone to go for that variant of engine, very fuel efficient and self-diagnostic display system. The other one gave me issues when I used wrong mechanic. But I learnt my lesson. Parts hardly get issues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Luxurydriverng: 4:50am On Oct 31, 2019
joetem:

Available everywhere, ladipo, Ikeja ,and alaguntan, the blue one has not given any issue for two years now, so I will recommend anyone to go for that variant of engine, very fuel efficient and self-diagnostic display system. The other one gave me issues when I used wrong mechanic. But I learnt my lesson. Parts hardly get issues

I love this car
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by TransZite: 5:46am On Oct 31, 2019
2008 Passat Europe spec.very reliable car since purchase.fuel economy very great.solid suspension and strong body.

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by eamodu(m): 6:28am On Oct 31, 2019
What kind of transmission do you have in them?
joetem:
I have two Peugeot 407 on the road.
Ew10 engine is superb, excellent and and combo of luxury and performance.
The ew10A dey give small small wahala, maybe cos the way I bought it sha not so pristine but still delivering relative to the cost of purchase
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Luxurydriverng: 9:14am On Oct 31, 2019
TransZite:
2008 Passat Europe spec.very reliable car since purchase.fuel economy very great.solid suspension and strong body.

I knew this car would be rugged too. I once drove a golf 4 to Abeokuta I enjoy he balance
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 31, 2019
Luxurydriverng:

I knew this car would be rugged too. I once drove a golf 4 to Abeokuta I enjoy he balance

Its rugged and all but not the conventional car used for Uber /taxify. You people should learn from experiences.
Someone posted here about how he bought 2008 Volkswagen passat from USA for Uber last year despising his friends warnings and the car almost made him bankrupt. Sold some of his belongings to fix car electrical issues , his deep freezer the last he sold before the wife intervened and told him to sell the car which he did at itire for 800k.

I'm battling the same situation at the moment. My Aunty got a Tokunbo Ford Mondeo 2002 in August but because she has a car, i cajoled her into giving out the Ford for a token weekly which she did. Now, I'm faced with all sorts of debts incurred from friends and family.
Need i say the total cost or repair has skyrocketed to 159k (AC Compressor, Evaporator, Rear brake pads, 2 oxygen sensors, radiator hose, Tokunbo battery, 1 of the front shock absorber, new set of 4 spark plugs, complete fuel pump, screen wiper, and fuel filter) aside servicing the car with Mobil1 and Ford Mercron LV transmission oil and I haven't even driven the car for a month of taxify platform .
So please don't shoot yourself in the foot, if its a weekend thing, you may give it a try but on the regular, I'll advise you to have a rethink.
Despite not driving from Monday to Sunday, i have spent 20 times of what i made on taxify .
Peace!

1 Like

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Luxurydriverng: 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2019
Freshprince91:

Its rugged and all but not the conventional car used for Uber /taxify. You people should learn from experiences.
Someone posted here about how he bought 2008 Volkswagen passat from USA for Uber last year despising his friends warnings and the car almost made him bankrupt. Sold some of his belongings to fix car electrical issues , his deep freezer the last he sold before the wife intervened and told him to sell the car which he did at itire for 800k.

I'm battling the same situation at the moment. My Aunty got a Tokunbo Ford Mondeo 2002 in August but because she has a car, i cajoled her into giving out the Ford for a token weekly which she did. Now, I'm faced with all sorts of debts incurred from friends and family.
Need i say the total cost or repair has skyrocketed to 159k (AC Compressor, Evaporator, Rear brake pads, 2 oxygen sensors, radiator hose, Tokunbo battery, 1 of the front shock absorber, new set of 4 spark plugs, complete fuel pump, screen wiper, and fuel filter) aside servicing the car with Mobil1 and Ford Mercron LV transmission oil and I haven't even driven the car for a month of taxify platform .
So please don't shoot yourself in the foot, if its a weekend thing, you may give it a try but on the regular, I'll advise you to have a rethink.
Despite not driving from Monday to Sunday, i have spent 20 times of what i made on taxify .
Peace!

I have a vehicle I use currently Mercedes Benz c class. I created this thread after I notice I am at some advantage over the Corolla users.
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by joetem(m): 3:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
eamodu:
What kind of transmission do you have in them?

Both auto
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by TransZite: 3:18pm On Oct 31, 2019
Avoid the american spec version of the 06-08 Passat.Europe specs are wonderful cars to drive.engine,gear and electrical parts are built to last through out the life span of the car.planning to buy an Europe version of the Passat cc.
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by eamodu(m): 10:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
Interesting. Heard the auto on the 407 is a bad one. How do you maintain it?
joetem:

Both auto
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by joetem(m): 5:41pm On Nov 01, 2019
eamodu:
Interesting. Heard the auto on the 407 is a bad one. How do you maintain it?

Not in anyway true. The car is a smart car and our mechanics can't handle such, there are several variants of the engine and the ones close to what our mechanics can handle is what I got. Ew10 engines, I the blue one naija used and no issues yet for two years, the other one (grey colour) gave minor issues because I used wrong mechanics who removed so many things telling me they don't matter.
Problems resolved when I returned to Peugeot mechs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by eamodu(m): 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2019
Does the auto tyranny comes like that in the 307?which can be driven like a manual, or auto
joetem:

Not in anyway true. The car is a smart car and our mechanics can't handle such, there are several variants of the engine and the ones close to what our mechanics can handle is what I got. Ew10 engines, I the blue one naija used and no issues yet for two years, the other one (grey colour) gave minor issues because I used wrong mechanics who removed so many things telling me they don't matter.
Problems resolved when I returned to Peugeot mechs.
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by joetem(m): 11:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
eamodu:
Does the auto tyranny comes like that in the 307?which can be driven like a manual, or auto

Sincerely I've not driven 307 before but I guess they are similar in design
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Myronbolitar: 12:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hello everyone pls i need a car for rental or hp to be use for ehailling (uber and bolt) to deliver 25k weekly.
Am a registered uber and bolt driver with 4.75 rating in uber and a 4.98 rating in bolt...im ready to start work immediately....
Pls if you have any uber/bolt spec car available hit me up on 09068713655

Location is Abuja
Tanks
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Luxurydriverng: 6:14am On Nov 05, 2019
Myronbolitar:
Hello everyone pls i need a car for rental or hp to be use for ehailling (uber and bolt) to deliver 25k weekly.
Am a registered uber and bolt driver with 4.75 rating in uber and a 4.98 rating in bolt...im ready to start work immediately....
Pls if you have any uber/bolt spec car available hit me up on 09068713655

Location is Abuja
Tanks

Can you drive manual?
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by vncntluv(m): 6:15am On Nov 05, 2019
Luxurydriverng:

Can you drive manual?
20k delivery for manual.
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Luxurydriverng: 6:36am On Nov 05, 2019
vncntluv:

20k delivery for manual.

Can you drive manual?
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by vncntluv(m): 11:12am On Nov 05, 2019
Luxurydriverng:

Can you drive manual?
I can. What type of car.?
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Luxurydriverng: 10:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
vncntluv:

I can. What type of car.?

Kia Rio
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Lanresnett(m): 12:33am On Nov 06, 2019
Hello good people of nairaland. Please i want to aak if 2007 Honda accord or2008/ 2009 Honda accord is durable enough for e hauling?
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by adeememman(m): 6:08am On Nov 06, 2019
joetem:
I have two Peugeot 407 on the road.
Ew10 engine is superb, excellent and and combo of luxury and performance.
The ew10A dey give small small wahala, maybe cos the way I bought it sha not so pristine but still delivering relative to the cost of purchase
Can you state the price and mention the person you bought from
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Rubbiish(m): 7:24am On Nov 06, 2019
Lanresnett:
Hello good people of nairaland. Please i want to aak if 2007 Honda accord or2008/ 2009 Honda accord is durable enough for e hauling?
No!
Don't buy honda accord for ehailing
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by joetem(m): 9:02am On Nov 06, 2019
adeememman:

Can you state the price and mention the person you bought from

I can't name price, you can check jiji for the rate. I got from a guy on Nairaland here called ogunvic but I'm not sure he is still into such biz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need A Panel beater / Just Bought A Used Car? What Next? / Help Needed With Toyota Sienna Transmission Fault.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.