Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? (24850 Views)

Asari Dokubo Said Igbos Are Indigenous Majority Of Rivers State VIDEO / Ekweremadus: Those people can kill me, I want to remain in the UK - Nwamini / ‘A Wicked Lie’ — Awolowo Dosunmu Denies Saying There’s Plot To Get Rid Of Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Cletus77(m): 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2019
[s]
Ikechunna:

I wasn't the one that had a full blown conversation with himself for a day straight.

MBA don't run ooo our dear NL Annang. I'm talking to you. When have forests have villages and when are we going to get a video of you going to the three villages of Ndoki to drag lands with them?

While at it, when did Ndoki speak Annang for you to decieve yourself the Obang article was about them? And where are the Annang in Arochukwu? This are all the million dollar question Mr. fake news, fake documents, my rants are clear evidence... Niggeria's Donald Trump grin grin grin
[/s]
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
Cletus77:

Bros..no matter how you insult us..we gree but the warning is that..don't carry your fulanistic behavior to Akwa Ibom..we no be Rivers State or other SS states oo..

Because I chose to stoop low so I can converse in an intelligible language with landgrabbing uneghes cheesy doesn't mean we on the same level..

Adiok uno guy...Abasi adiong Ibom..if e pain you.. go collect Biafra from Buhari cheesy cheesy

Bros you na guy..but yyou dey fall hand... Abi you no dey feel am?
Somethings you just can't change
.I've been telling you this since morning..but your hatred for igbos don make reason run from you..
Abi you think say na onlyy be akwaibomites wey deyy this forum..or say just 3 of una..
Noo...but others no wan involve ..based on how your ignorance no gree you observe...as you dey pepper everybody..dey give us hot hot..for your mind..

Maybe you take your time go back and understand what everyone is trying to say..and see your mistakes..will help you..
But instead you choose to insult everyone ..abuse ..both in your local dialect like says others no get local dialects to insult you back...but they leave you make you deyy display..

Everything dey with you boss..you can continue..after all ..it changes nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by drefe2real: 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
Cletus77:

Stupid petty propaganda! because we kept quiet when they were forming attaches they felt they could vomit anything they like...

We don't hate any tribe in Nigeria...but NL igbos should not even joke about grabbing our lands all in the name of we SE/SS! We are not fools...they should know their territory. Imagine how they're insulting me for defending my state..this Is how the Biafra they want will be...no difference between present day Nigeria... They just want to leave so they can be the sole proprietor of a new Country

.Thunder fire fulanistic brotherhood!
Lol. You are right bro. I keep saying it that the Igbos are not different from the Fulanis. The only reason you are hearing Biafra on Nairaland is because they are no longer invited to the party at federal level. They just want to deceive other tribes to join them in their Biafra so that they can dominate and fulanize then there too. The average Urhobos, Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio, Ogoni, Ikwere, and Ijaw man know their game plan. Funny enough, the Igbos think they are smart.

4 Likes

Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Ikechunna: 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2019
Cletus77:
[s][/s]
You're irrelevant guy..na depression dey worry you..talk all you want..I've made my point and it's like y'all enjoying this...calling me when I go offline...

I won't feed your joblessness!

Hilarious another deflection. Thought I was your imbecilic ass continously made blunders ABI?

Of course we're enjoying it. Hell, I know I'm personally am. Literally mentioned it earlier that I'm mocking your dumb ass and sees you as a comedian. I literally mentioned that yet you couldn't figure it out grin grin grin grin grin grin

You're literally a slowpoke. You made this topic to rant and when provided evidence that proves you wrong, you resulted to screeching I'm Annang, I write in Annamg so I know, Fake documents, Fake news, and even had full blown conversation with yourself with absolutely Nothing to disprove what multiple sources wrote. Who in the hell wouldn't be enjoying your stupidity and push it farther. I mean nigga you're literally Donald Trump personified

A schizophrenic that stayed on this topic since yesterday talking to himself is talking about joblessness and depression grin grin grin grin grin grin wonders shall never end.
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Cletus77(m): 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2019
TO ALL AKWAIBOMITES AND SOUTH SOUTH NIGERIA...THIS IS THE TRUE COLOR OF THE IGBOS ON NL...NO DIFFERENT FROM FULANIS THEY SO MUCH COMPLAIN ABOUT IN NIGERIA! undecided

THE BIAFRA THEY WANT WITH US WILL BE NO DIFFERENT FROM THEIR PARASITIC COMMENTS IN THESE THREAD!

IMAGINE SOMEONE CALLING YOUR PROPERTY THEIR INHERITANCE ALL IN THE NAME OF A NON EXISTENT ALLIANCE. IF YOU'RE READING THIS...ITS TIME TO PUT THEM WHERE THEY BELONG!!! ELSE TOMORROW WILL BE TOO LATE.
LIKES AND SHARED DONT DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN MASSAGE THEIR INFLATED EGOES ON NL.THEY INSULT AND TAUNT US ONLINE, CALLING US UNEDUCATED AND LOCAL CHAMPIONS BECAUSE WE ARE DEFENDING WHAT IS OURS!
WHERE IS THE BROTHERHOOD THEY SO CLAIM??

AS FOR ME.. THEY HAVE NO INDIGENOUS MAJORITY IGBO SPEAKING COMMUNITY IN AKWA IBOM. SO I HAVE DONE MY PART.
24 PAGES IS ENOUGH TO REFUTE AND REBUKE THEIR DUMB CLAIM! THEY SHOULD PRAY IT DOESN'T GET PHYSICAL

And To my fellow Akwa Ibom comrades on this thread...

EYEN EKA, INI IBAHA SE IBORO NDITO UNEGHE MI IKO..ASANGHA MMO YAK..the information has been passed whether they take it or not! cheesy

God bless Akwa Ibom State
God bless SS Nigeria
God bless Nigeria and all it's tribes and ethnic groups..I hate no one or tribe cept for a few bad eggs across Nigeria
God bless everyone on this thread..

SHALOM![color=#990000]
[/color]

2 Likes

Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Ikechunna: 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2019
Cletus77:
TO ALL AKWAIBOMITES AND SOUTH SOUTH NIGERIA...THIS IS THE TRUE COLOR OF THE IGBOS ON NL...NO DIFFERENT FROM FULANIS THEY SO MUCH COMPLAIN ABOUT IN NIGERIA! undecided

THE BIAFRA THEY WANT WITH US WILL BE NO DIFFERENT FROM THEIR PARASITIC COMMENTS IN THESE THREAD!

IMAGINE SOMEONE CALLING YOUR PROPERTY THEIR INHERITANCE ALL IN THE NAME OF A NON EXISTENT ALLIANCE. IF YOU'RE READING THIS...ITS TIME TO PUT THEM WHERE THEY BELONG!!! ELSE TOMORROW WILL BE TOO LATE.
LIKES AND SHARED DONT DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN MASSAGE THEIR INFLATED EGOES ON NL

AS FOR ME.. THEY HAVE NO INDIGENOUS MAJORITY IGBO SPEAKING COMMUNITY IN AKWA IBOM. SO I HAVE DONE MY PART.

EYEN EKA, INI IBAHA SE IBORO NDITO UNEGHE MI IKO..ASANGHA MMO YAK..the information has been passed whether they take it or not! cheesy

God bless SS Nigeria
God bless Nigeria and all it's tribes and ethnic

SHALOM![color=#990000]
[/color]

So he's resulted to Biafra talk. I was wondering when we'll get to that. grin grin grin Whenever they can't back up their ignorance, they'll result to talking about Biafra as deflection grin grin grin grin grin.

The discussion was about Ndoki territories in Akwa Ibom. Why are you running away to defend your blunders? When are we going to get a video of you confronting Ndokis on their claimed three territories? Shebi na only NL you can rant?

5 Likes

Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Ikechunna: 9:11pm On Oct 03, 2019
bonnylight003:

Bros you na guy..but yyou dey fall hand... Abi you no dey feel am?
Somethings you just can't change
.I've been telling you this since morning..but your hatred for igbos don make reason run from you..
Abi you think say na onlyy be akwaibomites wey deyy this forum..or say just 3 of una..
Noo...but others no wan involve ..based on how your ignorance no gree you observe...as you dey pepper everybody..dey give us hot hot..for your mind..

Maybe you take your time go back and understand what everyone is trying to say..and see your mistakes..will help you..
But instead you choose to insult everyone ..abuse ..both in your local dialect like says others no get local dialects to insult you back...but they leave you make you deyy display..

Everything dey with you boss..you can continue..after all ..it changes nothing.

He's not going to change until you mock him finish. This is their usual actions on this place. Hell, this shit feels extremely familiar. I'm delta Igbo and I recalled how few years on this same forum, we had some imbelic morons who repeatedly kept claiming "there's no Igbo in Delta State. Igbos in Delta migrated from SE." I lost count how many times on this forum those fools kept informing I and any Anioma that spoke up to "go back to SE." Literally! That's how extremely ignorant your average Niggerian is. We started mocking them instead of addressing their Ignorance. It's useless trying to change an ignorant person with mental illness. The same way I used to tell those idiots they know exactly what territories delta igbos are located, they should come take am since they want to be land grabbers. The same with Ndokis, they aren't hiding exactly which territories they said are there's. Let him go and land grab since the thief wants to steal. I dare him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
Ikechunna:

He's not going to change until you mock him finish. This is their usual actions on this place. Hell, this shit feels extremely familiar. I'm delta Igbo and I recalled how few years on this same forum, we had some imbelic morons who repeatedly kept claiming "there's no Igbo in Delta State. Igbos in Delta migrated from SE." I lost count how many times on this forum those fools kept informing I and any Anioma that spoke up to "go back to SE." Literally! That's how extremely ignorant your average Niggerian is. We started mocking them instead of addressing their Ignorance. It's useless trying to change an ignorant person with mental illness. The same way I used to tell those idiots they know exactly what territories delta igbos are located, they should come take am since they want to be land grabbers. The same with Ndokis, they aren't hiding exactly which territories they said are there's. Let him go and land grab since the thief wants to steal. I dare him.

Honestly I dey feel for the boy..ain't easy being ignorant .
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Kpoikpoi: 9:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
Cletus77:

Ataa ata uñam ikot..what are they feeling like self? If igbos held the position Hausa/Fulani hold today...we for no hear word!
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Kpoikpoi: 9:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
Da akpan iko, make dem carry their Biafra nonsense go siddon for ground.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
Cletus77:

LIKES AND SHARED DONT DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN MASSAGE THEIR INFLATED EGOES ON NL.THEY INSULT AND TAUNT US ONLINE, CALLING US UNEDUCATED AND LOCAL CHAMPIONS BECAUSE WE ARE DEFENDING WHAT IS OURS!
WHERE IS THE BROTHERHOOD THEY SO CLAIM??

24 PAGES IS ENOUGH TO REFUTE AND REBUKE THEIR DUMB CLAIM! THEY SHOULD PRAY IT DOESN'T GET PHYSICAL

God bless SS Nigeria
God bless Nigeria and all it's tribes and ethnic groups..I hate no one or tribe cept for a few bad eggs across Nigeria

SHALOM![color=#990000]
[/color]

So na here all your rant end...olboy.. continue.. they story don change to.Biafra ..
..and how igbos and fulani are domineering..haba...Bros..
Walahi talahi..I think say you get little sense...

Such a pity that a young man. Will waste his life living on hatred and instigating hatred on fellow humans..
Thank God that akwaibomites.are way smArter than all the nonsense you spewed on this thread.
Thanks God also that you represent zero percent of akwaibomites ...and the rest have laugh at your intelligent..
Oga Iive happy ..otherwise yyyou will choke hating ... Love really have don't cost a thing.
Learn to live free and free yourself from greed..how many of great mind from AKWAIBOM have replied you except 3 and one been accuse of you alternate ..ain't that no give you sense says..make you wake up..

No be ..brother wey mumu last last..

So sorry ...
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Cletus77(m): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
Kpoikpoi:
Da akpan iko, make dem carry their Biafra nonsense go siddon for ground.
Who dey follow them do Biafra nonsense? Ibuot mmo ifono??
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Kpoikpoi: 3:12am On Oct 04, 2019
Cletus77:
I know SE/SS are to a large extent politically united, we should learn to say the truth always. There are no indigenous Igbos in Akwa Ibom as someone claimed, and that fake map oilPussy presented, there are no Ekois in Akwa Ibom as well only in Cross River state. I don't know much about Cross River but as for my State Akwa Ibom I can bodly tell you that they're no indigenous igbos. They can have Igbo and Ibom populations in Akwa Ibom and Abia due to business relations and intermarriage between them and that's it. Just as they're a lot of Akwa ibomites in Rivers state due to the regional economic status of Port Harcourt, and Igbos in Lagos, that doesn't give us a bragging right with the natives of the state.

The main languages in Akwa Ibom are Annang, Ibibio, Oron and Obolo(also spoken in Rivers state). The rests are considered dialects of the aforementioned ones but can also choose their status. Ibom languages are mutually intelligible with one another as well as Efik in Cross River state. Although they're various dialects, I think everyone can understand Ibibio

Am proudly an Annang guy
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by MetaPhysical: 3:13am On Oct 04, 2019
Cletus77
Good job!! Im very proud of you!

In the 1800s communities on the coast were concentrated on river banks and estuaries. They commanded trade and collected levies. Ijaws were the middlemen and brokers between coastal people and the hinterland. The Chiefs at the coast had large population of Ibo slaves who could not sail because the trade in human cargoes had been banned. Many were retained as domestic slaves and or engaged in errands up and down river to distant villages trading in oil on their master behalf.

So while the Chiefs at coast were entering into diplomatic treaty with the crown, Iboland was an asset of Royal Niger Company which held rights to the territory. Iboland had no treaty with anybody, the territory was purchased by Britain.

Up to 1890 Ibo was a minority. After it was bought by crown and joined to the independent kingdoms of coastal Chiefs Iboland and its people remained minority in the protectorate. In 1906 when the Colony and the Protectorate were merged, Calabar was Capital....Ibo remained minority. In fact Ibo was still minority in 1914 when North and South merged and became Nigeria.

So how, between 1914 and 1945, did Ibo become a majority?

It happened with the help of christian missionaries.

Before British Governors were posted to Nigeria they usually have served tours in India, Kenya, Palestine, Ethiopia....and these places typically speak one language, sometimes two...but no more. This made administration very easy for whites.

Nigeria was a nightmare! Every village had a different language from next. So they aggregated communities and cultures.

Any land Hausa was spoken, whether they were Hausa people or not...were branded as Hausa North. Its why places like Benue, Kwara and Kogi were placed in North and the capital moved from Lokoja to Kaduna. Any place where Ibo was spoken was tagged Iboland. Hence why Rivers, Cross River, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom were lumped to East...and the capital placed in Enugu, instead of the old capital in Calabar. They took rulership from the independent kingdoms they had treaty with and then created phantom kingdoms headed by warrant officers to become the go between white man and the people of Eastern Region.

This factor I described above was the political one.

There was a punitive one.
Oba of Benin was regarded the crown over all lands from Bini to Calabar. This is why after Oba Ovorhamwen was exiled he was taken to old capital in Calabar. They deposed him from throne but left him in his domain and under the caretaker of a British administrator. Their own bias and false estimation of Oba of Benin's territorial domain on the coast came from written journals of exagerrators like Olfert Dapper, a Dutch writer. True, Oba had an extensive stretch which included all way to Onitsha but its hinterland.

So why wasn't Edo language the majority, since they were the origin of all monarchs hinterland from Bini and everything inclusive to Onitsha?

Now, not only did they punish the coastal chiefs and hinterland chiefs but they now promoted a slave stock and gave it majority.

You follow me so far?

You might wonder why I spoke about North and East but left out Yoruba.

Yoruba in fact pioneered language aggregation. Bishop Crowther had many patents to his name and for which his descendants ought to reopen for recognition and proprietary rights.

Bishop Crowther had worked in mid-1800s and standardized Yoruba to the Ibadan lexicon. Therefore all lands that spoke a dialect of Yoruba naturally coalesced into a commonwealth ruled by same dynastic origin. So Yoruba was a natural identity that did not suffer the misplaced cultural origin or heirarchies suffered in North and East. The only exception was Benin, whose Oba was persuaded by Ibos under him to rebel against Western region and demand his independence. Soon as he succedded getting Mid Western region their land grabbing ambition accelerated to 5th gear. They did not let him rest until forcefully they occupied his kingdom, planted a flag and declared it domain of biafra.

All Obas were grouped West, all Emirs and Sarkis were grouped North.

If Bishop Crowther had not worked on uniting Yoruba under one grouping, we would have ended with similar fate as they now have in North.

Gowon broke the mixup in East when he created COR and had he not declared No Victor, No Vanquish at end of war, Ibo would have gone back to being a minority. Rivers State was already in that direction to reduce Ibo back to its slavery status. Gowon saved the day. Ibo must forever give him a hero's salute.

There is another factor that made Ibo majority in East. Christian missionaries came after British administrators. They considered Bishop Crowther's work a major accomplishment. Missionary work is marketed on the notion that Southern Nigeria is a paganland. So there is legitimate reason to evangelize and win heathens for the Church. The missionaries were dying from disease. So a quick and fast approach is to ignore dialect and ignore culture ....wherever you have a widespread use the language to quickly penetrate and teach cathechism.

Bishop Crowther's son headed the Niger Delta Church. He discovered that Ibos were up and down the river. Made sense....they were in large population during slave trade, and as messengers and menial laborers to wealthy Ijaws and Kalabaris they had settled along river banks during oil palm trade and some of them even became business owners.

Bishop Crowther Jnr found the original Ibo is in Owerri area. Other Ibo speaking areas had variants that were not interchangeable and made understanding difficult between Ibo communities. At river banks however you find people who because of trade up and down water and into different lands spoke variations and therefore were recruited as interpreters by church. This is how Isuama Ibo was standardised by Crowther. Missionaries took his work and used it to teach cathechism. Hence helping to even spread the language deeper past its cultural homeland. If you wanted to attend school you learnt bible in Ibo. If you wanted to be favored by missionaries and colonial administrators you profess Jesus. So ignorantly the missionaries helped Ibo spread into non-Ibo cultures in their ambition to win christian converts.

These three factors
1- political expediency for indirect rule
2- punitive action against Benin and coastal Chiefs
3- missionary ambition to eradicate paganism

.....is why Ibo, a minority in 1914, has become majority by 1945.

Rivers State came close to returning them to minority, but for Gowon declaring No Victor, No Vanquished!

Save this and put in your back pocket as weapon to teach landgrabbers lesson.

I have more than this...but I cant say it all here. I have to reserve and maintain monopoly on the background and root of Ibo in this country.

Na small small....Ibo go learn to humble itself, by fire by force. They have the sharp mouth...we have the historical blade. We go see who sabi slice and cut pass.

3 Likes

Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Kpoikpoi: 3:14am On Oct 04, 2019
I find it very insulting and disrespectful that my great Akwa Ibom State should even be mentioned as having anything to do with Igbos, this Igbo nonsense has to stop.
Adiok ano mbio Uneghe.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Yujin(m): 6:06am On Oct 04, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Cletus77
Good job!! Im very proud of you!

In the 1800s communities on the coast were concentrated on river banks and estuaries. They commanded trade and collected levies. Ijaws were the middlemen and brokers between coastal people and the hinterland. The Chiefs at the coast had large population of Ibo slaves who could not sail because the trade in human cargoes had been banned. Many were retained as domestic slaves and or engaged in errands up and down river to distant villages trading in oil on their master behalf.

So while the Chiefs at coast were entering into diplomatic treaty with the crown, Iboland was an asset of Royal Niger Company which held rights to the territory. Iboland had no treaty with anybody, the territory was purchased by Britain.

Up to 1890 Ibo was a minority. After it was bought by crown and joined to the independent kingdoms of coastal Chiefs Iboland and its people remained minority in the protectorate. In 1906 when the Colony and the Protectorate were merged, Calabar was Capital....Ibo remained minority. In fact Ibo was still minority in 1914 when North and South merged and became Nigeria.

So how, between 1914 and 1945, did Ibo become a majority?

It happened with the help of christian missionaries.

Before British Governors were posted to Nigeria they usually have served tours in India, Kenya, Palestine, Ethiopia....and these places typically speak one language, sometimes two...but no more. This made administration very easy for whites.

Nigeria was a nightmare! Every village had a different language from next. So they aggregated communities and cultures.

Any land Hausa was spoken, whether they were Hausa people or not...were branded as Hausa North. Its why places like Benue, Kwara and Kogi were placed in North and the capital moved from Lokoja to Kaduna. Any place where Ibo was spoken was tagged Iboland. Hence why Rivers, Cross River, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom were lumped to East...and the capital placed in Enugu, instead of the old capital in Calabar. They took rulership from the independent kingdoms they had treaty with and then created phantom kingdoms headed by warrant officers to become the go between white man and the people of Eastern Region.

This factor I described above was the political one.

There was a punitive one.
Oba of Benin was regarded the crown over all lands from Bini to Calabar. This is why after Oba Ovorhamwen was exiled he was taken to old capital in Calabar. They deposed him from throne but left him in his domain and under the caretaker of a British administrator. Their own bias and false estimation of Oba of Benin's territorial domain on the coast came from written journals of exagerrators like Olfert Dapper, a Dutch writer. True, Oba had an extensive stretch which included all way to Onitsha but its hinterland.

So why wasn't Edo language the majority, since they were the origin of all monarchs hinterland from Bini and everything inclusive to Onitsha?

Now, not only did they punish the coastal chiefs and hinterland chiefs but they now promoted a slave stock and gave it majority.

You follow me so far?

You might wonder why I spoke about North and East but left out Yoruba.

Yoruba in fact pioneered language aggregation. Bishop Crowther had many patents to his name and for which his descendants ought to reopen for recognition and proprietary rights.

Bishop Crowther had worked in mid-1800s and standardized Yoruba to the Ibadan lexicon. Therefore all lands that spoke a dialect of Yoruba naturally coalesced into a commonwealth ruled by same dynastic origin. So Yoruba was a natural identity that did not suffer the misplaced cultural origin or heirarchies suffered in North and East. The only exception was Benin, whose Oba was persuaded by Ibos under him to rebel against Western region and demand his independence. Soon as he succedded getting Mid Western region their land grabbing ambition accelerated to 5th gear. They did not let him rest until forcefully they occupied his kingdom, planted a flag and declared it domain of biafra.

All Obas were grouped West, all Emirs and Sarkis were grouped North.

If Bishop Crowther had not worked on uniting Yoruba under one grouping, we would have ended with similar fate as they now have in North.

Gowon broke the mixup in East when he created COR and had he not declared No Victor, No Vanquish at end of war, Ibo would have gone back to being a minority. Rivers State was already in that direction to reduce Ibo back to its slavery status. Gowon saved the day. Ibo must forever give him a hero's salute.

There is another factor that made Ibo majority in East. Christian missionaries came after British administrators. They considered Bishop Crowther's work a major accomplishment. Missionary work is marketed on the notion that Southern Nigeria is a paganland. So there is legitimate reason to evangelize and win heathens for the Church. The missionaries were dying from disease. So a quick and fast approach is to ignore dialect and ignore culture ....wherever you have a widespread use the language to quickly penetrate and teach cathechism.

Bishop Crowther's son headed the Niger Delta Church. He discovered that Ibos were up and down the river. Made sense....they were in large population during slave trade, and as messengers and menial laborers to wealthy Ijaws and Kalabaris they had settled along river banks during oil palm trade and some of them even became business owners.

Bishop Crowther Jnr found the original Ibo is in Owerri area. Other Ibo speaking areas had variants that were not interchangeable and made understanding difficult between Ibo communities. At river banks however you find people who because of trade up and down water and into different lands spoke variations and therefore were recruited as interpreters by church. This is how Isuama Ibo was standardised by Crowther. Missionaries took his work and used it to teach cathechism. Hence helping to even spread the language deeper past its cultural homeland. If you wanted to attend school you learnt bible in Ibo. If you wanted to be favored by missionaries and colonial administrators you profess Jesus. So ignorantly the missionaries helped Ibo spread into non-Ibo cultures in their ambition to win christian converts.

These three factors
1- political expediency for indirect rule
2- punitive action against Benin and coastal Chiefs
3- missionary ambition to eradicate paganism

.....is why Ibo, a minority in 1914, has become majority by 1945.

Rivers State came close to returning them to minority, but for Gowon declaring No Victor, No Vanquished!

Save this and put in your back pocket as weapon to teach landgrabbers lesson.

I have more than this...but I cant say it all here. I have to reserve and maintain monopoly on the background and root of Ibo in this country.

Na small small....Ibo go learn to humble itself, by fire by force. They have the sharp mouth...we have the historical blade. We go see who sabi slice and cut pass.
I've always known that the brain behind this thread is a Yoruba and the aim is Biafra. Cletus77 maybe Annang like he claimed but I believed he was heavily motivated by a Yoruba to open up such a thread so as to create animosity between Igbos and Akwa Ibomites. We've always been a United people and where we disagree among ourselves it doesn't usually descend into mortal violence. The Yorubas always try the much they can to hem Igbos at all sides by accusing us of land grabbing and further instigating neighbouring tribes against us. I wish all Igbos can really understand this so we could face them squarely and place mines for them too.
I did state that there were some Igbo communities in Akwa Ibom but I couldn't back it up with evidence because I couldn't find it again. Thankfully, 'Ikechunna' brought them out. I can faintly remember that Ohaobu community. There was a time their traditional leader one Eze was complaining of neglect. That's all I remembered.
See the rubbish 'MetaPhysical' posted against Ndigbo. See how he's twisting history to push an insulting narrative. The rabid Igbo hater said Igboland was purchased by the Royal Niger Company but didn't tell us who they bought it from. He said the coastal communities had written agreements with the European colonists but Igbos had none but was so foolish to notice that Igbos stood better chance at exerting their freedom anytime because they never signed any binding documents they never had any input in their formation. It was our hospitality and peaceful nature that made it easy for the Royal Niger Company to succeed in our domain without need for deceptive treatise. It was just do your thing and go. Of all the kings that troubled Europeans in the whole Southern Nigeria, after the Oba of Benin, it was an Igbo king- Jaja of Opobo. Which Yoruba Oba was a known resistance to the British? Rubbish! This critter called Igbos minority who rose to prominence but failed to realize that the 'live and let's live' mantra of Igbos is what actually pushed our language farther than our area. Igbos never sought to dominate anyone. Just come and do your thing was our way of life. No one conquered us. The worst that happened to some of us was when a warring neighbouring tribe tries to be over ambitious and attacks part of Igboland. They may succeed at the beginning but will soon lose steam and be pushed back or forced to acculturate. That's what happened to both the Benin and Igala invaders in the northern and north western parts of our land. Non of our land was taken from us and renamed. Igbos were never land grabbers and still aren't land grabbers. If your land is favourable to us, we simply buy them off. We have no time to forcefully take things from people. Our cosmological beliefs had equipped us to succeed in our business endeavours which enables us to purchase want we desire.
Finally, Ndigbo are a great people who I believe a presently passing through a formative crucible meant to bring out the best in us. Our nation will be renowned world over when we establish Biafra. Non of the riff raffs from Nigeria can stop it. You can continue with the hatred - it makes us stronger and reinforces our resolve.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Yujin(m): 6:10am On Oct 04, 2019
Kpoikpoi:
I find it very insulting and disrespectful that my great Akwa Ibom State should even be mentioned as having anything to do with Igbos, this Igbo nonsense has to stop.
Adiok ano mbio Uneghe.
Son of the fallen angel. How you impersonate to sow discord among brothers is quite appalling. Your hatred against Igbos will take you to your untimely grave.

1 Like

Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Nnukwueze: 6:42am On Oct 04, 2019
[quote author=Cletus77 post=82818608][/quote]

That you are praying for that day to come is testament to your stupidity and delusion. You think you can face Igbos in an armed conflict, what a joke.
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Ekealterego: 8:08am On Oct 04, 2019
Kpoikpoi:
Adiok ano mbio Uneghe.
Which is your great Akwa-Ibom, you people are just very ignorant. If not, you will know that states are artificial creations and even check Google, you will find the thin "artificial lines" marking this. Akwa-Ibom as a state can't be more than 40 years, but these communities and ethnic groups have existed for 1000s and years. They need to teach y I gijd history in school.

There is a strong movement by the Ndoki people within Abia state, Rivers state and Akwa-Ibom to unite.. They now play annual football games, and organise other sports activities.

The youths of Ndoki in these three states do have a formidable community and group on Facebook, Ndoki Nmanma nu. They are fighting really hard against elements like you trying to divide them because of artificial state boundaries.

I will invite some of the ones from Akwa Ibom to this thread to destroy all these false narratives you people have against groups like them in Akwa-Ibom.
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Kpoikpoi: 8:16am On Oct 04, 2019
Ekealterego:

Which is your great Akwa-Ibom, you people are just very ignorant. If not, you will know that states are artificial creations and even check Google, you will find the thin "artificial lines" marking this. Akwa-Ibom as a state can't be more than 40 years, but these communities and ethnic groups have existed for 1000s and years. They need to teach y I gijd history in school.

There is a strong movement by the Ndoki people within Abia state, Rivers state and Akwa-Ibom to unite.. They now play annual football games, and organise other sports activities.

The youths of Ndoki in these three states do have a formidable community and group on Facebook, Ndoki Nmanma nu. They are fighting really hard against elements like you trying to divide them because of artificial state boundaries.

I will invite some of the ones from Akwa Ibom to this thread to destroy all these false narratives you people have against groups like them in Akwa-Ibom.

Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Kpoikpoi: 8:18am On Oct 04, 2019
God punish you and your Biafra nonsense, na by force?
We don't want to have anything to do with Igbos. We don't trust you and we don't like you.PERIOD.Please find another friend.
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Ekealterego: 8:36am On Oct 04, 2019
Kpoikpoi:
God punish you and your Biafra nonsense, na by force?
We don't want to have anything to do with Igbos. We don't trust you and we don't like you.PERIOD.Please find another friend.
Keep your stupid mouth shut, who is taking about Biafra this Fulani man.

Even the people from the community are trying hard to make their presence known online to fight against evil elements like you trying to destroy their identity.. They know this and that's why they are fighting... I am having a chat with some of them, they will be on this forum creating awareness to fight against elements like you. Each community one after the other. They will create their thread to make their presence known.
Your divide and rule will not work.
Don't worry, they will all be here soon and flood Nairaland with their presence and let's see how you people will stand with your false narratives. Just wait...
CC: Ikechunna, Immhotep, SLAP44, Bigfrancis21

Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Kpoikpoi: 9:12am On Oct 04, 2019
Ekealterego:

Keep your stupid mouth shut, who is taking about Biafra this Fulani man.

Even the people from the community are trying hard to make their presence known online to fight against evil elements like you trying to destroy their identity.. They know this and that's why they are fighting... I am having a chat with some of them, they will be on this forum creating awareness to fight against elements like you. Each community one after the other. They will create their thread to make their presence known.
Your divide and rule will not work.
Don't worry, they will all be here soon and flood Nairaland with their presence and let's see how you people will stand with your false narratives. Just wait...
CC: Ikechunna, Immhotep, SLAP44, Bigfrancis21
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by Kpoikpoi: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2019
What are you talking about?
Owo Uneghe,is it so hard for you to understand that we know your agenda and we will not and can never be part of it.Adiok ano fi.Unam ikot.
I am from Eket in Akwa Ibom State, and I can tell you categorically that we don't trust you and we don't like you.
Bye bye.
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by IamAtikulate: 10:03am On Oct 04, 2019
otuekong1:
Just go get a life and please don't carry drugs or do illicit things
So, it has boiled down now to personal insults.
Steal any Igboland in AKS and collect any how.
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by IamAtikulate: 10:06am On Oct 04, 2019
Cletus77:

You guys can never be a threat to us..like a poster said..start tracing your origins..it's seems u guys have fulani blood in you
If defending our ancestral lands in AKS makes us Fulani, then we are Fulanis.

Near any Igbo ancestral land in AKS and collect anyhow.

Enter Ohaobu in AKS and claim it is Ibibio and pay with your live.

Ndi oshi ala
Land grabbers!
Re: Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? by nwabobo: 10:17am On Oct 04, 2019
Cletus77:

I don't have anything to say to you guy...u can't be dragging my own state with me. Its funny how you list Igbo as the only tribe in your state during statistics and also include Igbo in other SS states. This is not Rivers state bro, we are entirely different

Dude, there are indigenous Igbo communities in Ákwá Ibom, if you don't know something, ask.

Kpọng akpọsọng iko.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Lagos Assembly Asks Sanwo-Olu To Account For State’s 3 Helicopters / Bala Mohammed Shows Support For Tinubu, Will Remain in PDP / APC Shares Rice, Spaghetti To Vote For Samuel Babatunde Adejare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.