Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) (32038 Views)

Yoruba, Akwa Ibom Residents Clash In Ibeno. 5 Killed, Properties Destroyed / Hoodlums Attack Kobomoje, Ibadan. Kill People, Burn Houses, Cart Away Valuables / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Shimba In Adamawa By 12 Midnight. Burn Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by SaviMedia: 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2019
*Abia State Government Reacts....

As many Nigerians were celebrating the country’s 59 Independence Day in joy and happiness, residents at the Ndiegoro axis of Aba, the commercial hub of Abia State were facing the watched their homes burn and looted by police officers.

Our reporter gathered that several buildings in four streets; Okojombo, Anaba, Degema and Umuosi in Ndiegoro axis were set ablaze by police officers from the Ndiegoro Police Division in a retaliation for the colleague who was killed by some suspected cultists on Friday.

There were however, two angles to the story. One had it that the fracas that led to the death of the police officer popularly known as Alhaji on Friday came after a misunderstanding between police and some drug cartel at Ndiegoro over bribe(title) they usually pay to do their illicit business.

Another angle had it that the police officers who usually extort money from innocent residents at Degema by Okojombo met a wrong group who gave them a serious fight before one of the officers and a civilian who is their driver was killed.

When ABACITYBLOG visited the scenes, it was that of anxiety and suspicion as residents whose properties and means of livelihoods were destroyed crowded the streets in tears and pains.

Ikechi Anyianuka, a victim in Degema Street told Naijawatchdog that the police has made him homeless and jobless as his workshop and home which is inside the same building at Okojombo was mercilessly burnt without a pin recovered.

“I’m homeless and jobless, thanks to the police. I don’t know what to do now. I lost all my properties because the boys that killed the police officer burnt the minibus used by the police not too far from my resident's.

“We were all afraid and don’t know what happened. Why will the Nigeria Police punish us for an offence committed by people they ought to arrest. They even went as far as Uzomkpa in Owerri-Aba axis to burn a house.

“Just check the distance of Uzomkpa to where we are and tell me if this is not a calculated attempt by police to make some persons homeless.

“They entered my friend’s shop and looted every valuable thing there and still got some of his boys arrested. I wonder when boys turned this bad. Government should save us.”

Nwachuckwu Nnamdi, said he managed to escape with his wife and three children before the police officers set their house ablaze without minding if there was still people inside.

“What happened here has no business with us that live here. Every evening when people are returning from market usually come to Okojombo junction by Degema collecting money from people.

“On Friday, they were doing the same thing around 6:15 in the evening when some group of boys from nowhere confronted them. It started with a fight when fight broke out between one of the boys and those police officers.

“Just like in the movies police began shooting but the boys didn’t have any scratch. They overpowered the officers and took their guns.

“The one that died was popularly known as Alhaji and it’s like he sustained injury during that fight and later died at Umuosi street few metres away from the scene of the fight.

“Those boys were parading the whole neighborhood until 8:30 PM without any presence of police. Immediately they left, police started entering the streets on massive arrests. From Massive arrest, the next thing we saw was burning of buildings.”

According to Madam Adaku Okpara, a victim and resident of Anaba Street, “I don’t know what we did to those police officers. We were not the ones that killed their colleagues. If police can burn, injure and loot peoples’ shops as they did in this area, then Nigeria is in trouble.

“Anaba street here is even safer, go to Okojombo and see how they ransacked homes, shops stealing bags of rice, plasma TV, Generator set, handsets, weavons, cartons of beer and clothes.

“As I speak to you, they whole landlords around Ibere street, Ibadan streets and even Onyebuchi are now living in fear as no one knows the next building the police will burn.

“The Federal and Abia State government should save us and the urge the police to fish out the real culprits because they will be somewhere waiting to attack again.

“How many buildings of innocent people will the police continue to burn? 10 persons where arrested in our compound and police took N100,000 from them.”

Kenneth Esom said that almost all the drug centres in Aba like: Orji Uzor-Kalu Bridge, Onyebuchi Street, Black Kingdom, York Street, Milverton by Park Road, Wilcox Memorial Secondary School and Over-Rail has the backing of the police.

“Police support these evil boys and whenever things go wrong they pour the blame on the public. We all know what is happening at: Uzor-Kalu Bridge, Onyebuchi Street, Black Kingdom, York Street, Milverton by Park Road, Wilcox Memorial Secondary School and Over-Rail.

“Police go to these places to collect something and whenever their business goes wrong, they come our to talk. Who does not know how notorious Ndiegoro police station is? Who does not know their history in Aba? God will not forgive them for what they did to innocent people.”

When contacted, the Abia State Police Commissioner, CP Ene Okon denied the whole story and said that the police didn’t burn any house.

Okon went further to accuse the Ndiegoro Community of harbouring criminals among them and called their actions shameful.

He went further to say that even if the police officers were collecting money from the residents, it was not enough reason for them to kill the officer.

“That community should bury their head in shame. The community should be ashamed. They’re harbouring criminals and now they’re accusing police of coming to collect money.

“Even of police came there to collect money does that warrant killing them? The group that did this where are they from? Is it not from the same community? The people burnt the buildings to cover their tracks.”

Meanwhile, the Abia State governor, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu has reacted to the situation and urged all citizens to remain calm as his administration is on top of the situation.

Read more: https://abacityblog.com/2019/10/02/revenge-police-burn-houses-cart-away-residents-properties-in-aba/

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by Jmk9292(m): 8:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
Animal farm..... War of all against all........
There was a country

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by Tolexander: 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
So hard commenting on this kind of news cos of the authenticity

Though our terrorists in uniform can do it

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by SLAP44: 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
It's starting small by small. The anarchy APC has foisted on Nigeria is starting to bear fruits.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by Simplyleo: 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
How true is this?

5 Likes

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by SLAP44: 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
Simplyleo:
How true is this?

That's how lawless your police have as become. But they will alway fail.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by backnbeta(f): 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
It is well o!
Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by Simplyleo: 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
SLAP44:

That's how lawless your police have as become. But they will alway fail.
Mr, abeg carry your tears comot from my mention.

Crying every time from one thread to another busy writing out of any reasonable logic.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by SLAP44: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
Simplyleo:

Mr, abeg carry your tears comot from my mention.

Stay on the topic or I throw you out of this thread.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by capitalzero: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
If I am the president, I will make myself inspector General of police and governors to work as commisioners of police. One goal: more than 50% of police staff will be sacked or retrenchment. Fresh recruitment wil be done with Scottish yard or British police to assist in recruitment. Solve corruption in police,solve all nigeria problems

33 Likes

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by unohbethel(m): 9:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
Tolexander:
So hard commenting on this kind of news cos of the authenticity
Lol the earlier u know that d police officers are animals, the earlier for u bro

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by Simplyleo: 9:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
SLAP44:

Stay on the topic or I throw you out of this thread.
Whichever, just comot from my mention.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by unohbethel(m): 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2019
Simplyleo:
How true is this?
no its not true... But if its ipob now.. U will believe sharperly without verifying the news and source, even spinning more stories into it...

#i _spit on your cone-head

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by Tolexander: 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2019
unohbethel:
Lol the earlier u know that d police officers are animals, the earlier for u bro
They aren’t only animals, they are also “official terrorists in uniform”

8 Likes

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by StandUpGuy247: 9:21pm On Oct 02, 2019
This country matter dey weak me aswear sad

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by unohbethel(m): 9:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
Tolexander:
They aren’t only animals, they are also “official terrorists in uniform”
...... So its not hard to believe this news.
Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by Smoke55: 9:30pm On Oct 02, 2019
When The Center Cannot Hold,thinx Fall Apart! Indeed There Was A Country!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by KingTom(m): 9:30pm On Oct 02, 2019
capitalzero:
If I am the president, I will make myself inspector General of police and governors to work as commisioners of police. One goal: more than 50% of police staff will be sacked or retrenchment. Fresh recruitment wil be done with Scottish yard or British police to assist in recruitment. Solve corruption in police,solve all nigeria problems
If, if and only if.
Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by unohbethel(m): 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2019
unohbethel:
no its not true... But if its ipob now.. U will believe sharperly without verifying the news and source, even spinning more stories into it...

#i _spit on your cone-head

2 Likes

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by capitalzero: 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
KingTom:

If, if and only if.
Yes.if,If,if and if only
Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by Commentor: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2019
SLAP44:
[s]It's starting small by small. The anarchy APC has foisted on Nigeria is starting to bear fruits.[/s]

Your brothers have been dealing drugs for at least 3 generations now.

Osuofia's brother was executed for drugs in 1984.

Dem take am swear for una?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by AceRoot(m): 11:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
Commentor:

Your brothers have been dealing drugs for at least 3 generations now.

Osuofia's brother was executed for drugs in 1984.

Dem take am swear for una?

Oh yes, now that you chose to bring that up, kindly tell us too what happened to Lawal Ojuolape and Bernard Ogedengbe on that fateful day. Keep up your classic irreverence.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by Bigflamie(m): 1:43am On Oct 03, 2019
Where have we gone wrong in this God forsaken shit hole?
Is it Abia state government that's not existing or the law enforcement agencies that are now criminals terrorising poor masses?
What's all these?
Nigeria needs to be ruthless and quick in punishing people irrespective of whom they are, if not I'm sorry everyone is going down in no time.
You guys should mark this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by JonDon12: 2:15am On Oct 03, 2019
This country is a real poo hole . There is no respect for human rights or property. Even if 20 of their colleagues were killed, the police have no right for this or any kind of extra judicial actions.

It is sad my brothers . This is what happens when you are stuck with illiterate cowherders and SOPHISTICATED COWARDS. People don't realize that Biafra is life or death for us. Maybe some people are OK being slaves and not fighting for their rights or brothers like they abandoned Abiola. NDIIGBO ARE NOT. Keep fighting and holding on Brothers.

And SE Governors, You cannot serve 2 masters. You cannot sit by and keep allowing your people to be abused like this. We are tired of all this lukewarmness while Ibo's are treated like second class in their own country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by JonDon12: 2:16am On Oct 03, 2019
Bigflamie:
Where have we gone wrong in this God forsaken shit hole?
Is it Abia state government that's not in existence or the law enforcement agencies that are now criminals terrorising poor masses.
What's all these?
Nigeria needs to be ruthless and quick in punishing people irrespective of whom they are, if not I'm sorry everyone is going down in no time.
You guys should mark this.

Nigeria cannot or will not do anything about it. Nigeria is a zoo filled with Islamic terrorists and sophisticated cowards.

4 Likes

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by 1shortblackboy: 2:37am On Oct 03, 2019
The whole story juat tire me. I no know where to start. But as for that commissioner of police talking rubbish I don't blame him it's because Nigeria is the way it is that's why people like him are police officers. How can he be blaming a whole community for the acts of a few people.....smh

2 Likes

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:59am On Oct 03, 2019
Nigerians deserve this and more
There is a thread about a girl wearing bum shorts and being harassed and most dumb, brain dead youth said she deserves it.
Until they shoot you dead b4 una wake up abi?
Buharists dey mock Sowore
Na that one funny pass, una head never correct

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:05am On Oct 03, 2019
This Biafra crap is just dumb
You have never used your numbers to do anything sensible, you still vote anti Biafra candidates in EVERY election but keep insulting everybody else,
You can't liberate your SE but want to help everybody else. Face ur stupid leaders or at least vote them out, let them have the fear of the masses but no, it's Biafra today Artikulate tomorrow

JonDon12:
This country is a real poo hole . There is no respect for human rights or property. Even if 20 of their colleagues were killed, the police have no right for this or any kind of extra judicial actions.

It is sad my brothers . This is what happens when you are stuck with illiterate cowherders and SOPHISTICATED COWARDS. People don't realize that Biafra is life or death for us. Maybe some people are OK being slaves and not fighting for their rights or brothers like they abandoned Abiola. NDIIGBO ARE NOT. Keep fighting and holding on Brothers.

And SE Governors, You cannot serve 2 masters. You cannot sit by and keep allowing your people to be abused like this. We are tired of all this lukewarmness while Ibo's are treated like second class in their own country.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by meezynetwork(m): 5:27am On Oct 03, 2019
That commissioner should be sacked.
Re: Revenge: Police Burn Houses In Aba, Properties Destroyed (Photos) by Ruggedniggaone: 5:41am On Oct 03, 2019
could you hear gibberish from a miserable CP?this accidental CP should be demoted to constable rank for defending shameless act of his criminal gang called police officers

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hijab-wearing Woman Steals Three Children (Pictured) / Kidnappers Shot Dead In Bauchi After Opening Fire On Soldiers. Graphic Photos / Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.