Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) (16205 Views)

Kidnapper Collins Ezenwa ‘E-Money’ Properties Seized By Police (Photos) / Nigerians Dig Out Buried Frozen Chicken Seized By Customs / Four Bullet-proof Vehicles Hidden In A House In Ikoyi Seized By Customs. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by GistMore11: 5:02am On Oct 03, 2019
A pick-up van, which was purportedly conveying sawdust, has been intercepted by men of the Oyo/Osun Command of the Nigeria Customs Service in the Oke Ogun area of Oyo State at the Nigerian border with the Republic of Benin.

The NCS operatives discovered that N160m worth of Indian hemp was concealed under the sawdust.

The Controller of the command, Zulkifli Abdullahi, told journalists on Wednesday that the marijuana was in several packs and was discovered in a border community, Elekokan, in the Iwajowa Local Government Area of the state.

Abdullahi said the consignment was the biggest volume of illicit drugs seized by the command in recent times.

He stated that the driver of the vehicle and his motor boy fled into a thick forest on sighting his men.

According to him, intelligence report had indicated that the Indian hemp was heading for Nigeria from Ghana through Togo and Benin Republic.

The controller stated, “As you can see, we have 101 bags of India hemp and 1,047 blocks of compressed special Indian hemp. According to what we learnt, three years ago, the compressed blocks of hemp sold for N120,000 each in Kaduna; and today, it may go for N150,000.

“If you add the value of the bags, which is N20,000 each, the Indian hemp is worth N159m, or approximately N160m. I know it was God and the efforts of our officers that helped us to intercept this volume of Indian hemp, because it is only God, who knows the damages this could have done to our country and our youths if it had made its way into the country.

“It probably was heading for the North, because our people take much of this thing in the North, but wherever it was heading for, we are appealing to our people to desist from taking this. It is very annoying. We are not going to relent in the fight against smuggling.”

The officer in charge of operations, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency in the state, Mr Segun George, commended the men of the NCS for their commitment to rid the country of smuggling.

He said the NDLEA would work with the agency to ensure the destruction of the Indian hemp whenever it got clearance from the headquarters in Abuja.

Meanwhile, two men, Akanbi Kenny and Abidoye Obafemi, caught with a substance suspected to be Indian hemp, were on Wednesday remanded in a correctional facility by a Federal High Court sitting in Osogbo, Osun State.

Appearing before Justice Peter Lifu, the accused pleaded not guilty to the charges preferred against them.

Addressing the court, the counsel for the NDLEA, Mr O. F. Azugo, said the accused committed the offences on Saturday, August 24, 2019, in Ipetu-Ijesa in the Oriade Local Government Area of the state.

Azugo said the NDLEA operatives caught the accused while travelling with the substance.

He maintained that the offences contravene the provisions of Sections 19 and 20 (1)(a) of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency Act Cap 30, Laws of the Federation, 2004.

The defence counsel, Mr O. N. Benson, had moved an application for the bail of his clients.

Justice Lifu, however, ruled that the accused be remanded in the correctional facility in Ile-Ife.

He adjourned the case till October 30.

See more; http://gistmore.com/customs-intercept-n160m-indian-hemp-from-ghana

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by GistMore11: 5:02am On Oct 03, 2019
smiley
Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by saheedbadmus(m): 5:04am On Oct 03, 2019
shocked Ahhhhhhh (igbo) 160m worth of india hemp. What do our youths gain smoking this ..
Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by Peacemaker5128: 5:09am On Oct 03, 2019
Igbo amaka cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by Jakumo(m): 5:10am On Oct 03, 2019
I am silently weeping at my computer keyboard, as I read about this weed bust.

See corret market as the ting full ground yanfu-yanfu.

I sure say all that area where dem pack the bush put, go dey smell like heaven on earth.

Na him cause why all the police dey happy for that pinshure, like say dem take eye see fresh toto wey no be dem wife.

When all the reporter don commot there, Oga DPO go say make dem carry the market keep for hin office, make him dey sample am for morning every day.

Chai ! I like dat police work o. Abeg, na for where I go fiti take style join police today ?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by DonBenny77(m): 5:51am On Oct 03, 2019
Chai see our high grade oh!

Bibles upon bibles

Bad market!!

7 Likes

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by Tekecoms1(m): 6:16am On Oct 03, 2019
But why?
Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by Freemanbobble: 6:16am On Oct 03, 2019
saheedbadmus:
shocked Ahhhhhhh (igbo) 160m worth of india hemp. What do our youths gain smoking this ..

Bro
Try burn one tie

You go dey reason well
Me na kpoli man
I dey smoke steadily
Me and my guys dey smoke reach 2am sometimes in the night

23 Likes

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by roladex(f): 6:16am On Oct 03, 2019
Oga oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:17am On Oct 03, 2019
How can you import what we already have grin grin
Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by Bawizzo(m): 6:17am On Oct 03, 2019
saheedbadmus:
weed has been a source of inspiration, a good companion and also a good advocate for the fight against depression..

when I see premium quality of Dix strain of veggies being confiscated, my heart aches.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by OMOTOWO(m): 6:17am On Oct 03, 2019
They should please divert them to osogbo weed refinery

1 Like

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 03, 2019
Fantastic packaging I must say...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by Isaactope29(m): 6:18am On Oct 03, 2019
sad
Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by BarrSly: 6:19am On Oct 03, 2019
Q
Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by sylve11: 6:19am On Oct 03, 2019
the ones wey nor fit settle go las las turn to scapegoats. cool

4 Likes

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by VulgarLee(m): 6:20am On Oct 03, 2019
Useless custom
See as them gather snap picture like say they don achieve a great thing

Clueless
Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by cashkid: 6:21am On Oct 03, 2019
And they want us to open our border grin grin grin grin grin grin

We don open am ooooo
Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by SoNature(m): 6:22am On Oct 03, 2019
Jakumo:
I am silently weeping at my computer keyboard, as I read about this weed bust.

See corret market as the ting full ground yanfu-yanfu.

I sure say all that area where dem pack the bush put, go dey smell like heaven on earth.

Na him cause why all the police dey happy for that pinshure, like say dem take eye see fresh toto wey no be dem wife.

When all the reporter don commot there, Oga DPO go say make dem carry the market keep for hin office, make him dey sample am for morning every day.

Chai ! I like dat police work o. Abeg, na for where I go fiti take style join police today ?

What of sort nonsense are you writing?

1 Like

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:23am On Oct 03, 2019
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
cry cry

6 Likes

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:24am On Oct 03, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:

Grow Nigeria grin

6 Likes

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by oz4real83(m): 6:24am On Oct 03, 2019
The quantity locally produced harmful drugs is not enough anymore. Our people are now bringing more from neighbouring countries. Some of our people are not smiling oooo.
Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by Criticaltemp: 6:26am On Oct 03, 2019
Trust me, the nigerian customs has alot of people they re-sells this things to.. Probably top drug lords..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by ziegurf(m): 6:29am On Oct 03, 2019
...see how all of them were smiling

abeg meh una release that goods booo
Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by Awaja(m): 6:40am On Oct 03, 2019
1047 bible of sk is huge to be destroyed,plsNCS bring out some for men dem

1 Like

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by Orissodiq: 6:41am On Oct 03, 2019
Hmmmm.. Ghana weed!!!!! I think oshogbo weed must be joke beside this one ooooo

2 Likes

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by iHart(m): 6:48am On Oct 03, 2019
Was it us interrupted or intercepted?

2 Likes

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by Triniti(m): 6:56am On Oct 03, 2019
. Na pure high grade Ghana Sk be that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by xxgig(m): 6:59am On Oct 03, 2019
GlorifiedTunde:
I no just understand weed don finish for Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by Thisis2raw(m): 7:09am On Oct 03, 2019
Bad news for them weed smokers.
There is are two people I suspect in this nairaland site that has smoked too Ghanaian weed, now they see bad as good, good as bad. The names starts with Nwa and MANNA

1 Like

Re: N160m Indian Hemp From Ghana Interupted, Seized By Customs(photo) by nabegibeg: 7:12am On Oct 03, 2019
GistMore11:
A pick-up van, which was purportedly conveying sawdust, has been intercepted by men of the Oyo/Osun Command of the Nigeria Customs Service in the Oke Ogun area of Oyo State at the Nigerian border with the Republic of Benin.

The NCS operatives discovered that N160m worth of Indian hemp was concealed under the sawdust.

The Controller of the command, Zulkifli Abdullahi, told journalists on Wednesday that the marijuana was in several packs and was discovered in a border community, Elekokan, in the Iwajowa Local Government Area of the state.

Abdullahi said the consignment was the biggest volume of illicit drugs seized by the command in recent times.

He stated that the driver of the vehicle and his motor boy fled into a thick forest on sighting his men.

According to him, intelligence report had indicated that the Indian hemp was heading for Nigeria from Ghana through Togo and Benin Republic.

The controller stated, “As you can see, we have 101 bags of India hemp and 1,047 blocks of compressed special Indian hemp. According to what we learnt, three years ago, the compressed blocks of hemp sold for N120,000 each in Kaduna; and today, it may go for N150,000.

“If you add the value of the bags, which is N20,000 each, the Indian hemp is worth N159m, or approximately N160m. I know it was God and the efforts of our officers that helped us to intercept this volume of Indian hemp, because it is only God, who knows the damages this could have done to our country and our youths if it had made its way into the country.

“It probably was heading for the North, because our people take much of this thing in the North, but wherever it was heading for, we are appealing to our people to desist from taking this. It is very annoying. We are not going to relent in the fight against smuggling.”

The officer in charge of operations, National Drug Law Enforcement Agency in the state, Mr Segun George, commended the men of the NCS for their commitment to rid the country of smuggling.

He said the NDLEA would work with the agency to ensure the destruction of the Indian hemp whenever it got clearance from the headquarters in Abuja.

Meanwhile, two men, Akanbi Kenny and Abidoye Obafemi, caught with a substance suspected to be Indian hemp, were on Wednesday remanded in a correctional facility by a Federal High Court sitting in Osogbo, Osun State.

Appearing before Justice Peter Lifu, the accused pleaded not guilty to the charges preferred against them.

Addressing the court, the counsel for the NDLEA, Mr O. F. Azugo, said the accused committed the offences on Saturday, August 24, 2019, in Ipetu-Ijesa in the Oriade Local Government Area of the state.

Azugo said the NDLEA operatives caught the accused while travelling with the substance.

He maintained that the offences contravene the provisions of Sections 19 and 20 (1)(a) of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency Act Cap 30, Laws of the Federation, 2004.

The defence counsel, Mr O. N. Benson, had moved an application for the bail of his clients.

Justice Lifu, however, ruled that the accused be remanded in the correctional facility in Ile-Ife.

He adjourned the case till October 30.

See more; http://gistmore.com/customs-intercept-n160m-indian-hemp-from-ghana

So Ghana wants to import hemp into the country

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best (worst) Of Nigeria's Drug Barons, 419ers And Crime Lords / Sanitary Health Officers Seize Boy’s Box Of Snacks For Refusing To Settle Them / Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.