Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem (37275 Views)

Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada / Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? / Characteristics Of Living Things (mr Niger D) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by oshaosha2014(m): 7:08am On Oct 03, 2019
He’s very very ignorant.

Armaggedon:
op is ignorant. having more than the required number of friends and doing everything possible to keep them is a sign of low self esteem.
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Deltatoto: 7:08am On Oct 03, 2019
Happyguy201:
Never knew that having no friends is a sign of low self esteem
poster na mugu who plenty friends help the smaller the circle the better.

2 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by liverpool72(m): 7:10am On Oct 03, 2019
op u are no one culprit
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Sewgon79(m): 7:13am On Oct 03, 2019
BlackAfrican:
I can bet a million bucks that the author of this post has 5 or more of these traits.

I guess we can say he or she is also a sufferer.

Meanwhile, for those who notice some of these things in their lives, be aware that nothing is set in stone. You do not have low self esteem. Don't let a list constructed by a self serving untrained fellow looking for traffic make you berate yourself.

Look on the bright side of life continuously and try to make the best out of every situation you find yourself.

Gbam
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Spatta: 7:14am On Oct 03, 2019
A'int we all of these and more until we find the subject of interest? sometimes you may misjudge people by all these assumptions until you find the subject of their interest
If you are talking about Tacha in my environment, you will sound so stupid to me and might think i have a low esteem or if you are deliberating about Davido and wixkids , they are not my hero, they may be to you as has been to many foolish unlearned kids of yesterday
But brink up a subject of interest, you will see the immediate switch and the mastery and experience in deliberation
Some of the list above is not entirely true with all people.
Get into their world and the "Low esteem" according to you will control the space with intelligent reactions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by miniziter(m): 7:17am On Oct 03, 2019
9jayes:
If u get low self-esteem once u don get money everything disappear
Typical African mentality. Everything na money.

3 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by bluefilm: 7:21am On Oct 03, 2019
BlackAfrican:
I can bet a million bucks that the author of this post has 5 or more of these traits.

I guess we can say he or she is also a sufferer.

Meanwhile, for those who notice some of these things in their lives, be aware that nothing is set in stone. You do not have low self esteem. Don't let a list constructed by a self serving untrained fellow looking for traffic make you berate yourself.

Look on the bright side of life continuously and try to make the best out of every situation you find yourself.

Nigga, why is you on the defensive?

I can bet a million bucks the writer of this _shit got you on every point!!!
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Psalm2423(m): 7:23am On Oct 03, 2019
nairalandposter:
Typing epistles on nl due to having no social life outside the internet, is one sure way of recognizing somebody with low self esteem.

Some people are just introverts, so they abhor social lives. The internet have made things better for them. No be everybody way no get friend get low self esteem. I even know some narcissistic fellows without friends.

Also isolation doesn’t mean you have low self esteem. Some folks are just tired of people’s nonsense. Fake friends everywhere.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Psalm2423(m): 7:25am On Oct 03, 2019
oshaosha2014:
He’s very very ignorant.

I swear. Pretty much ignorant. High self-esteem doesn’t come from keeping friends. Infact, the person with the highest self-esteem is that person that don’t have friends, but is still alive. He’s simply saying that he doesn’t need anyone in life. Now tell me what beats that. Or was that not God’s initial plan for Adam?

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by dayowunmi(m): 7:27am On Oct 03, 2019
U claimed being isolated, shy or having few friends is lack of self esteem. Well, for a start, Human behaviour is dynamic. Some of your points are mere unique behavioural tendencies rather than an indication of low self esteem. U also wrote about not wanting to share their feelings with other people and being afraid of taking risks! Both of these can just be a function of past experience! If you have been betrayed before am sure you will be cautious about sharing your feelings with others and who's not afraid of taking risks? We all are to an extent. Can you invest your entire salary into a business venture just like that without being a little afraid about it not panning out as planned.

3 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Toks2008(m): 7:27am On Oct 03, 2019
chyckxx:
being introverted or keeping to oneself isn’t always an attribute of a low self esteem; for me, it’s actually the other way round. i often feel like most people aren’t good or intelligent enough for me, hence they are likely to misunderstand me and my way of doing things.
keeping to oneself will likely be the case if you value your abilities and feel like you’re good enough for the tasks; not everyone believes in teamwork and this method works for me.
i don’t feel the need to keep a bunch of friends and it’s not because i don’t feel good enough about myself but rather, my perceived insignificance of having such people around me.

You make perfect sense.

2 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by tpiar: 7:32am On Oct 03, 2019
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by nlPoster: 7:33am On Oct 03, 2019
Psalm2423:

Some people are just introverts, so they abhor social lives. The internet have made things better for them. No be everybody way no get friend get low self esteem. I even know some narcissistic fellows without friends.

Also isolation doesn’t mean you have low self esteem. Some folks are just tired of people’s nonsense. Fake friends everywhere.

I think you meant to quote the op.
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Paulo3ree(m): 7:35am On Oct 03, 2019
nairalandposter:
Typing epistles on nl due to having no social life outside the internet, is one sure way of recognizing somebody with low self esteem.

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 03, 2019
Now that’s nothing but an over inflated esteem
But kudos to you
It’s good to know that you’re not afraid to look in the mirror and decide what’s best for you
chyckxx:
being introverted or keeping to oneself isn’t always an attribute of a low self esteem; for me, it’s actually the other way round. i often feel like most people aren’t good or intelligent enough for me, hence they are likely to misunderstand me and my way of doing things.
keeping to oneself will likely be the case if you value your abilities and feel like you’re good enough for the tasks; not everyone believes in teamwork and this method works for me.
i don’t feel the need to keep a bunch of friends and it’s not because i don’t feel good enough about myself but rather, my perceived insignificance of having such people around me.

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by bigcee(m): 7:36am On Oct 03, 2019
Armaggedon:
op is ignorant. having more than the required number of friends and doing everything possible to keep them is a sign of low self esteem.
God bless you.
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Psalm2423(m): 7:39am On Oct 03, 2019
oshaosha2014:
This your nonsense write up or copied article made me to log in. Have you even heard about introverted people Do you think it is everybody that must have friends and gallivant all over the place because they don’t want people to think they have low-self esteem Some people are very quiet achievers, they don’t need all the attention; they are better on their own. Go do research before typing nonsense or copying nonsense.

Please correct them bro. Most people can think nonsense. That was how one idiot came to quarrel with me for always staying indoors. If my job is a work at home position, and I can order the basic things of life directly to my doorstep, is there any need to be jumping around the world? I’m an introvert, I hate phone calls unless we’re close. If we’re close, I can talk for 2 hours nonstop, else, everyone else is a nuisance.

I actually don’t keep friends cause I know they’re more fake than real. Messi is more like an introvert, he doesn’t run all the after match comment, rarely do you see him off-season. So he has low self esteem right? Most rich men just don’t have friends, and they don’t need them.

Albert Einstein
Isaac Newton
Buddha
Gandhi
Jesus without his disciples
Owner of Tesla (I just forgot his name)
Your favorite Bill Gates who stays away from people to come up with new ideas.
Trump (since you said they blame others, then he has low self-esteem right?)
Buhari (same with Trump, daddy has been blaming past administrations).

Please OP research before you write. While some points are true, never generalize. That’s why we have the statement: “all Rottweilers are dogs, but not all dogs are Rottweilers.”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 03, 2019
chyckxx:
My dear, when I saw the points he listed I realised some of them were actually signs of a skeptical people. I have trust issues and insecurity issues...I use to dread being poisoned so I avoid eating out and I fear being in an accident. I have trust issues with friends....that doesn't necessarily mean I have low self esteem

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by NYCnextStop(m): 7:43am On Oct 03, 2019
Kocochilling:
I wish my self a happy birthday ,
Happy birthday dear... best wishes

Cheers!
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by chyckxx(m): 7:45am On Oct 03, 2019
Michellekabod2:

My dear, when I saw the points he listed I realised some of them were actually signs of a skeptical people. I have trust issues and insecurity issues...I use to dread being poisoned so I avoid eating out and I fear being in an accident. I have trust issues with friends....that doesn't necessarily mean I have low self esteem
i also don’t think you have a low self esteem. you’re just paranoid.

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by chyckxx(m): 7:46am On Oct 03, 2019
OJLion:
Now that’s nothing but an over inflated esteem
But kudos to you
It’s good to know that you’re not afraid to look in the mirror and decide what’s best for you
i’m at peace with myself and i think that’s a top priority over having to be emotionally dependent on other people.

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by dannybrasky(m): 7:47am On Oct 03, 2019
chyckxx:

2 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by ElRapido: 7:47am On Oct 03, 2019
Where do I start replying from?

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by nlPoster: 7:54am On Oct 03, 2019
ElRapido:
Where do I start replying from?

Another characteristic of low self esteem.

Inability to take correction.

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by bizhop01: 7:56am On Oct 03, 2019
What profit a man that has half of nigeria as a close friend but add no value in his life either direct or indirectly, instead the brought more pain and trouble in daily basis,
I wonder how having few friends that you trust lead to low self-esteem.

3 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by generationz(f): 8:06am On Oct 03, 2019
9jayes:
If u get low self-esteem once u don get money everything disappear

This actually is a sign of low self worth.

What happens when the money is taken away? You will commit suicide abi.

It is this same issue that makes people do all sorts to make and keep
money.

Money is a tool, it shouldn't define who you are.

3 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Emotionss: 8:34am On Oct 03, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
chyckxx:

God Bless you for this.
People fail to realize that being introverted requires a high level of self-esteem. Being a lone Wolf is the highest level of self-esteem anyone will ever have.

6 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by grandstar(m): 8:38am On Oct 03, 2019
This article is poor. Its nice you chose a topic for blogging other than social gossip but this isn't for you
Please find something you're passionate about and focus on it ElRapido
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by chyckxx(m): 8:45am On Oct 03, 2019
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

God Bless you for this.
People fail to realize that being introverted requires a high level of self-esteem. Being a lone Wolf is the highest level of self-esteem.
exactly!
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by bedoab10k(m): 8:49am On Oct 03, 2019
Whats the solution?

[/font]Call me for professional logo, explainer videos, letterhead paper and company seal.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by McKay12: 9:10am On Oct 03, 2019
Bro, Psalm2423, i just logged in because of you, and indeed the op is very ignorant, not vast in knowledge about temparament. The irony of his (op's)hasty and generalised epistle is that,it takes alot of self believe (confidence) to successfully live a reclusive and reserved lifestyle,because you consider others not trust,love,intelligent worthy to inhabit your own world (hermitage). He, op even went as far as mentioning lack of friends as a trait common in people with low self esteem, so pathetic.

Also isolation doesn’t mean you have low self esteem. Some folks are just tired of people’s nonsense. Fake friends everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by priestchurch(m): 9:12am On Oct 03, 2019
nairalandposter:
God bless u real gud..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Post Jamb/utme/screening,interactive Question / HeriPoly Final Year Students Celebrated Their Final Exams By Pouring Of Water / ASUU Set To Suspend Strike This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.