Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes (11529 Views)

Masked Oyo Indigenes Give Fulani, Hausa 30days To Leave Yorubaland / ‘I Once Sold Bread,’ Makinde Gives Reason For Not Chasing Traders Off The Street / Governor Makinde Approves N500,000 Each To Oyo Indigenes At Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Amarachi1990: 11:10am On Oct 03, 2019
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State, on Wednesday, met with no fewer than thirty indigenes of the state, who recently returned from South Africa as a result of the recent Xenophobic attacks in the country.

Makinde Deputy, Mr. Rauf Olaniyan, who received the returnees on behalf of the Governor, said that the state was ready to empower its indigenes who are returning from South Africa as a result of xenophobic attacks.

While receiving the 30 indigenes, Makinde said that the State would not just give them fish, but teach them how to fish.

“I want to assure you on behalf of the Governor of Oyo State, Engr. Seyi Makinde, that you have no reason whatsoever to go back to South Africa or anywhere again.

“We are going to provide for you; we are here for you. The people that you left behind voted for us in your absence and we will tell them that they did not make a mistake.

“We are not going to give you money but we will provide for your needs based on your requests when we get your needs assessment through adequate profiling so as to cater for your needs.

“I welcome you back. You may not like this, I am happy to see you here. It is not that I like what happened to you. One of you said he left with nothing, but I tell you that is not correct. As far as you are alive there is hope and Oyo State is the hope you need because there is a new dawn in Oyo state.

“Because the state is going to create a lot of opportunities in the area of Agribusiness, you have a lot to do. For some of you who are interested in government work, thank God the state has not recruited yet, when the time comes and you have the prerequisite qualifications, you will be considered.”

He also enjoined the returnees not to go into crime or lose hope, as the Deputy Governor urged the returnees not to seek a return to any country for the proverbial greener pastures, adding that life would be better for them in the state.

“I want to urge you all to inform other Nigerians who are still residing in Saudi Arabia and other foreign lands to return home, because there is plan in place to revolutionise agriculture to create economic opportunities for residents and there will be better plans in abundance for the returnees in Oyo State.”

He then proceeded to make cash provisions of N30,000 each available to the returnees as transport fare to their various destinations within the State, pending the assessments of their needs and further actions from the government.

Speaking on behalf of returnees, Mr. Lawal Bolatito, appreciated the efforts of the Oyo State Government and further appealed for empowerment and job opportunities for them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2019/10/03/xenophobic-attacks-makinde-meets-30-oyo-indigenes-gives-n900000-victims/amp/

11 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 03, 2019
Nonsense! All these states be dashing out money when they still have civil servants that they owe salary! angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by fuse88(m): 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Ayt27(m): 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
I Can't imagine how those folks from SA would feel, may God give them the strength to bounce back on their feet.

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Citytrend: 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
That's like money a Local Government Chairman gives to his Girlfriend. Let alone for 30 people.

For Goodness sake this is a State Government. Are our Leaders Cursed or what? Divide 900k by 30, how much do you get?

30k for a Man who has nothing to fall back to?
Wish you the Best Mr Governor!

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on

15 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by RPirez: 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
This guy should be a template for all those NONSENSE SE leaders that embezzle yet, oppress their pple.

Yoruba 4 Life! cool

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Ejiphill09(m): 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
smiley
Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Zinny25(f): 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
ok
Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
I pray he keeps his hand on the wheels and never switches to Auto pilot, bless you Gomina*

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by olassybaba: 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
K
Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by fayruka(m): 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
Na person send them go their before?

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Echatbook: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
Lolx
Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Omojolaray(m): 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
Better pikin
Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by alizma: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
30,000 each. Unfortunately the record will show hundreds of thousand per person. Don't ask me how

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by olu77(m): 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
30,000 each. If my calculator is correct.

Some will achieve the unimaginable starting from this $90 seed

In 30 years time few will recount that they became self sufficient because of the government effort, someone might even become a billionaire. Majority will regret that they used the money to smoke oshogbo weed, drank a lot of beer. While some will even blame their situation on the ashewo that stole the rest of the money.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Ejireafolabi: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
I just love this Makinde guy

Well done sire

Amarachi1990:
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State, on Wednesday, met with no fewer than thirty indigenes of the state, who recently returned from South Africa as a result of the recent Xenophobic attacks in the country.

Makinde Deputy, Mr. Rauf Olaniyan, who received the returnees on behalf of the Governor, said that the state was ready to empower its indigenes who are returning from South Africa as a result of xenophobic attacks.

While receiving the 30 indigenes, Makinde said that the State would not just give them fish, but teach them how to fish.

“I want to assure you on behalf of the Governor of Oyo State, Engr. Seyi Makinde, that you have no reason whatsoever to go back to South Africa or anywhere again.

“We are going to provide for you; we are here for you. The people that you left behind voted for us in your absence and we will tell them that they did not make a mistake.

“We are not going to give you money but we will provide for your needs based on your requests when we get your needs assessment through adequate profiling so as to cater for your needs.

“I welcome you back. You may not like this, I am happy to see you here. It is not that I like what happened to you. One of you said he left with nothing, but I tell you that is not correct. As far as you are alive there is hope and Oyo State is the hope you need because there is a new dawn in Oyo state.

“Because the state is going to create a lot of opportunities in the area of Agribusiness, you have a lot to do. For some of you who are interested in government work, thank God the state has not recruited yet, when the time comes and you have the prerequisite qualifications, you will be considered.”

He also enjoined the returnees not to go into crime or lose hope, as the Deputy Governor urged the returnees not to seek a return to any country for the proverbial greener pastures, adding that life would be better for them in the state.

“I want to urge you all to inform other Nigerians who are still residing in Saudi Arabia and other foreign lands to return home, because there is plan in place to revolutionise agriculture to create economic opportunities for residents and there will be better plans in abundance for the returnees in Oyo State.”

He then proceeded to make cash provisions of N30,000 each available to the returnees as transport fare to their various destinations within the State, pending the assessments of their needs and further actions from the government.

Speaking on behalf of returnees, Mr. Lawal Bolatito, appreciated the efforts of the Oyo State Government and further appealed for empowerment and job opportunities for them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2019/10/03/xenophobic-attacks-makinde-meets-30-oyo-indigenes-gives-n900000-victims/amp/

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by gratiaeo(m): 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
I thought it was only the Igbo are in South Africa according to Afonja online miscreants

8 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by ProductofGrace: 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
Welcome development

I hope other state will tread this path too.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by WalkerMichael(m): 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
MAKINDE IS SIMPLY PHENOMENAL! Im really happy for oyo people, that man has been doing great things since he was elected!. The N30,000 gesture might look small, but it should be appreciated. Half bread is better that none.

Is FG saying anything yet??

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Bonapart(m): 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2019
Thought is only igbos living I'm SA

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Nlolodo: 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2019
900k for 30 mature folks to share, while Tacha and her immature frenemy Mercy are on the verge of making a combine 110million between themselves.

Lord, don't ever allow my enemies to look at me and my predicament and be like, thank God this is not my case.
Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Magnumproperty: 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2019
Nice gesture
Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by alizma: 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2019
olu77:
30,000 each. If my calculator is correct.
100% correct.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by Exc2000: 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2019
grin

thank you for the 30k you gave them, atall atall na hin bad pass

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by ZombieTAMER: 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2019
Nice gesture

This is just surface dressing

But the solution is to fix the faulty foundation ...

This current structure only favours thieving politicians and their families
Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by NicemanJosh(m): 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2019
That's thoughtfull of him, at least he is among the few that did something, but 900,000/30 is 30,000 and I wonder what they will use it for.
Re: Xenophobia: Makinde Gives N900,000 To 30 Oyo Indigenes by nblock: 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2019
Good.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’ve Become 12% Poorer As Governor In Last 4 Yrs – Makinde / Senator Ayogu Eze Receives The Highest Honour In Amuri Nkanu Land (photos) / Fashola, Amina Mohammed Meet With Segolene Royal, French Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.