Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,731 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters (15362 Views)

Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade / 'Unstable, Irritable' Obasanjo Belongs In The Dustbin - Rtd General Akinrinade / Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by Mrsoundoro(m): 2:11pm On Oct 03, 2019
Former Chief of Army Staff and Defence staff, General Alani Akinrinade has advised former President Olusegun Obasanjo, to desist from public letter-writing, in a bid to make a point.

Akinrinade acknowledged that it is Obasanjo’s fundamental right to make a point, letter writing does not befit him as a leader and statesman. Akinrinade said since Obasanjo has unfettered access to those in power, letter-writing may not be a good option.

He also said whenever Obasanjo wrote his letters to the president, what came to his mind was how he handled similar matters when he was in the saddle. Acknowledging Obasanjo’s role in history, Akinrinade said statesmen should consult with those in power and offer constructive criticisms, instead of going to the public.

The former Army chief spoke with reporters in Lagos, ahead of his 80th birthday holding in Ibadan, Oyo State capital in October.

”If I have an opportunity to advise him, I will say he should not write letters again. Each time he writes letter, the question I ask is: when he was there, how did he do it? He should not write letters again. He has access to them and he can give his advice, instead of writing” he said.

Akinrinade, who assessed the 20 years of stable civil rule, said it could have been better. ”We have not found exactly the formula. My assessment is that we have done very poorly. We could do much better.”

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/10/03/please-stop-writing-letters-general-akinrinade-advises-olusegun-obasanjo/

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by SniperSmurf(m): 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
Noted grin

3 Likes

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by LastSurvivor11: 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
The truth is that OBJ will be useless without Letters

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by Simplyleo: 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
Alani Akinrinade, you are talking rubbish.

Infact, let me write another letter to Akinrinade. grin

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by NwaNimo1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
Obj is stuborness personified.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by Escalze(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
Obasanjo is an elder statesman and shouldn't sit back and watch things capitulate. He has contributed his own quota and still will contribute when and wherever possible.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by Amstupid(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
angry
Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by kunmiiii: 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
Obasanjo will still reply with another lengthy letter!
For this advice, Akinrinade deserves 50 pages straight!

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by notoriousbabe: 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
Just because you no sabi write letter. Na jealousy go kee una. Baba iyabo carry go jare, I still get paper and biro for you to write more

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by notoriousbabe: 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
tsfxtech:
Is letter writing a crime again?

Animate your business today, garner traffic and make more money

Check my signature
no mind am

3 Likes

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by olu77(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
You want to kill the old man. It's like asking a wrestler to stop lifting weight.

1 Like

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by MICHEALADEX(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
OBJ is always self vindictive and the only place he could have stamp his name in history was electricity but he spent so much to give us darkness as result

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by Exc2000: 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
grin

That one no possible na

As a former Head Of State, he has free access to the Aso rock and he also has constituitional right to attend Council of state meeting at the villa..

But Baba Iyabo the clout chaser would rather play to the gallery and appear to his followers like someone who cares Obasanjo and Aisha Buhari are two of a kind clout chasing black mailers

I remember when goodluck Jonathan was interviewed about visiting aso rock, and he said he visits Buhari from time to time and hold dialogue frequently, and whenever he travels on foriegn observation missions he comes to give his report to the president as he his now forever a nigerian asset as a former president

If you reverse the cancellation of Ministry of finance payment of Obasanjo farm employees as ghost worker and re award back manbilla dam back to obasanjo then the letter would deffinately stop

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
bull-crap!

1 Like

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by Starhearts: 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2019
Escalze:
Obasanjo is an elder statesman and shouldn't sit back and watch things capitulate. He has contributed his own quota and still will contribute when and wherever possible.

Examine ur head

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by TechX1: 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by semyman: 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
The mumu will not listen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2019
Leave Baba alone. Olusegun Aremu Okikiola himself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by Asifiwe(m): 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
Very correct, I have been wanting to tell Obasanjo the same thing, not that I believe he writes those letter because I know Obasanjo is not as intelligent to put those words together, The Truth is, what is the essence of his letters when he had 8 Years to fix the country and he failed so bad that even the road leading to his Abeokuta home was abandoned by him. The many advice he is giving to other failures like him he never heeded. He just wants to be in the news as doing something to stay alive after falling massively. Obasanjo had the opportunity to fix the country in eight years But like Buhari, they only return to loot the country the second time. the same thing IBB was wanting to do when Nigerian shut him down and said Over their dead bodies will they allow IBB. Obasanjo and All the ex-Army general should be arrested and made to pay for their crimes against Nigerians. This Old Buhari is a monumental failure Just like Obasanjo who aught to do better than him

1 Like

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by renewable1(m): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
OK... I'll comment shortly

You can enjoy minimum 10HOURS ELECTRICITY DAILY with #178k only. CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by Stillthebest: 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2019
kiss

Has anyone written an exam before and immediately you submit, you saw 1 thousand ways to have answered a particular question better? Such is the case of OBJ and anyone that is(has been) in power.

Previous administrators stand in better positions to advise the current leaders and such is better done by meeting them in a round table/face-to-face discussion.

Baba OBJ wants posterity to judge him and still wants his public sympathy and support hence, the public letters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by Praktikals(m): 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
semyman:
The mumu will not listen
You dont refer to someone old enough to be your grand father a mumu.

4 Likes

Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by Olaikpu10: 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:
grin

That one no possible na

As a former Head Of State, he has free access to the Aso rock and he also has constituitional right to attend Council of state meeting at the villa..

But Baba Iyabo the clout chaser would rather play to the gallery and appear to his followers like someone who cares Obasanjop and Aisha Buhari are two of a kind clout chasing black mailers

I remember when goodluck Jonathan was interviewed about visiting aso rock, and he said he visits Buhari from time to time and hold dialogue frequently, and whenever he travels on foriegn observation missions he comes to give his report to the president as he his now forever a nigerian asset as a former president

[/s]
Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by wink2015(m): 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2019
Mrsoundoro:
Former Chief of Army Staff and Defence staff, General Alani Akinrinade has advised former President Olusegun Obasanjo, to desist from public letter-writing, in a bid to make a point.

Akinrinade acknowledged that it is Obasanjo’s fundamental right to make a point, letter writing does not befit him as a leader and statesman. Akinrinade said since Obasanjo has unfettered access to those in power, letter-writing may not be a good option.

He also said whenever Obasanjo wrote his letters to the president, what came to his mind was how he handled similar matters when he was in the saddle. Acknowledging Obasanjo’s role in history, Akinrinade said statesmen should consult with those in power and offer constructive criticisms, instead of going to the public.

The former Army chief spoke with reporters in Lagos, ahead of his 80th birthday holding in Ibadan, Oyo State capital in October.

”If I have an opportunity to advise him, I will say he should not write letters again. Each time he writes letter, the question I ask is: when he was there, how did he do it? He should not write letters again. He has access to them and he can give his advice, instead of writing” he said.

Akinrinade, who assessed the 20 years of stable civil rule, said it could have been better. ”We have not found exactly the formula. My assessment is that we have done very poorly. We could do much better.”

Source: https://ngg.ng/2019/10/03/please-stop-writing-letters-general-akinrinade-advises-olusegun-obasanjo/

Nice share
Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by loadedvibes: 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2019
Lol.. stop writing letters be using email or sms
Re: General Akinrinade Advises Olusegun Obasanjo To Stop Writing Letters by olutee1965: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2019
Take it or leave it, This man Olusegun Obasanjo has no equal in the present day Nigeria. Though he has his flaws, but come to think of it There is no man that is infallible.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shaibu: PDP Will Lose Edo State If They Don’t Accept Me As Candidate / School Feeding: Oyetola Inaugurates 2,210 New Food Vendors (Photos) / Buhari, Not Tinubu Responsible For Rot In Nigeria, Says Igboho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.