Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,974 members, 7,799,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? (24298 Views)

Who Is God? Enoch, The Book Of Enoch & The Anunnaki's / Book Of Enoch Reveals So Much. It's So Unbelievable! / The Book Of Enoch Exposed!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by nijabazaar: 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2019
So i came across the group of extraterrestrials known as "watchers" in the course of reading the book of daniel ( i heard they where also mentioned in Genesis), so i started researching on them (not real research more like googling). And there i came upon the book of Enoch. This set my mind reeling.

why was this book removed from the Bible? Is it not originally part of the Dead Sea Scrolls? Who decided to remove it and on what grounds?

I found the book contained a whole lot of stuff that is quite marveling?

Lets have some discussion on this.

N.B. I believe a lot in aliens (and the possibility of us finding them or they finding us) and when i discovered that the Book of Daniel alluded to them alot, i was grin cool thrilled

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by nijabazaar: 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

We read the book of Enoch in my church though ministers and sometimes we refer to them in the church for more knowledge and understanding. Not just that, even other books not contained in the Bible... You should also read the book of Jubilee...

hmmmm.....
but if it is such an important book with lots of info , i mean terribly good info about God....why the relegation?
Are they trying to hide something from the common man? or is it, that the knowledge or context therein is too difficult for people to understand? I mean, if the Book of daniel (which i think is perplexing) and the Book of Revelation ( which is just downright Horror) is included why not Book of Enouch?

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Pusyiter(m): 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2019
There is nothing strange about the Book of Enoch that has not been mentioned in other chapters of the scriptures.
There are other books you can research known as the missing apocrypha.
The bottom line is Christ has come to put an end to all.
Live in the New testament and forget the old cool

8 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by nijabazaar: 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2019
Pusyiter:
There is nothing strange about the Book of Enoch that has not been mentioned in other chapters of the scriptures.
There are other books you are research known as the missing apocrypha.
The bottom line is Christ has come to put an end to all.
Live in the New testament and forget the old cool

If we take the Bible and all the books therein, and including the old testament, as Truth, why should i not interest in my self in the ''Óld''

@RiyardGoddess, ijust asked a clerical friend and he came up wit a long winding explanation too. i couldnt pick out a single point. At the end He said and i quote "such books might actually encourage people to believe in sorcery" sad sad

I dont buy it. There's nothing sorcery about it.

And I also just learnt that those who made the decision not to include the Book of Enoch in the Canons, was the Nicean Council. Politics is involved, obviously angry

4 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Pusyiter(m): 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2019
Well, keep searching until you find what you have been looking for.
nijabazaar:

If we take the Bible and all the books therein, and including the old testament, as Truth, why should i not interest in my self in the ''Óld''

@RiyardGoddess, ijust asked a clerical friend and he came up wit a long winding explanation too. i couldnt pick out a single point. At the end He said and i quote "such books might actually encourage people to believe in sorcery" sad sad

And I also just learnt that those who made the decision not to include the Book of Enoch in the Canons, was the Nicean Council. Politics is involved, obviously angry

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
nijabazaar:

“The bible is the complete word of God” crew will come for you very soon

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

We read the book of Enoch in my church though ministers and sometimes we refer to them in the church for more knowledge and understanding. Not just that, even other books not contained in the Bible... You should also read the book of Jubilee...

I’m curious, which church do you attend?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

Just last week I asked my mentor who is also a senior pastor of the church where I worship the same question. He gave a very long explanation...

Care to share the explanation? smiley
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by budaatum: 10:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by jamesid29(m): 4:07am On Oct 04, 2019
nijabazaar:

Good evening boss... first off sir, the nicean council had nothing to do with with Canon. It was conveyed for a whole different purpose.

Secondly sir,it's actually not bad to read the book of Enoch in of itself.... Matter of fact, the book was read widely by early christains but it's was never considered Scripture universally by christains at any point in church history.... Basically it doesn't carry the stamp of the Holy Spirit as inspired.
The early christains usually read other writings that they considered beneficial but not scripture and some churches till date do still read some of this writings which include the book of Enoch.
It is also worth noting that it is not part of the Hebrew Canon and not part of the LXX(the Greek translation of the Hebrew bible the new testament writers used and quoted from mostly) though it was widely known amongst Jewish communities during the new testament period.
You can file the book of Enoch under "stuffs to read" but not authoritative scripture.

I found this short video online that might make it a bit clearer than I think I did
https://askdrbrown.org/library/why-isn%E2%80%99t-book-enoch-bible
And pls this only applies to the first book of Enoch

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by sulasa07(m): 6:23am On Oct 04, 2019
nijabazaar:
So i came across the group of extraterrestrials known as "watchers" in the course of reading the book of daniel ( i heard they where also mentioned in Genesis), so i started researching on them (not real research more like googling). And there i came upon the book of Enoch. This set my mind reeling.

why was this book removed from the Bible? Is it not originally part of the Dead Sea Scrolls? Who decided to remove it and on what grounds?

I found the book contained a whole lot of stuff that is quite marveling?

Lets have some discussion on this.

N.B. I believe a lot in aliens (and the possibility of us finding them or they finding us) and when i discovered that the Book of Daniel alluded to them alot, i was grin cool thrilled
The book of Bananas too is not in the bible but Paul that did not meet or see Jesus when he was alive has his tons of Letters in the bible and they call it inspiration from God,yeye people

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 7:18am On Oct 04, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

No no no. We make reference to these books in my church. I have read them personally and there's no iota of sorcery there.
These books we talking about are already in our today Bible. For instance if you want to understand the book of genesis in details, read the book of Jubilee. The book of Jubilee chapter 2 and 3 talks about the creation...
OKCornel during the council meeting they just believed and concludes that some books were not inspired from God. That's why they were removed...
When I'm done with my priesthood summit I will talk about it.
OKCornel I have books of Enoch. You should read them. I can send it to you...

Good morning dear, thanks for the feedback. I have read the book of Enoch as well.

Have you read the book of Jasher?
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by nijabazaar: 1:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

No no no. We make reference to these books in my church. I have read them personally and there's no iota of sorcery there.
These books we talking about are already in our today Bible. For instance if you want to understand the book of genesis in details, read the book of Jubilee. The book of Jubilee chapter 2 and 3 talks about the creation...
OKCornel during the council meeting they just believed and concludes that some books were not inspired from God. That's why they were removed...
When I'm done with my priesthood summit I will talk about it.
OKCornel I have books of Enoch. You should read them. I can send it to you...

Thanks. I would like to have the books .
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by budaatum: 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2019
The Book of Jubilees
translated by R. H. Charles

https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/jub/index.htm

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by OkCornel(m): 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

Yes I have sir

Biko, I no be sir o smiley that title is too big for me smiley

Have you also read "The Antiquity of the Jews" by Josephus Flavius?

It's a detailed historical account concerning the Jews and all that....
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2019

8 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by budaatum: 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
Some have read them all because they refuse to live on bread alone but on every word that proceeds from God's mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MayowaSafiu: 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2019
[s]
ola33t:
You people like to dey disturb una self too much. The ones wey dey inside Bible sef, how many have you read there?
The one wey dey ground, you never finish am, you still dey look for more. The books in a standard Bible are enough for a Christian, except something else dey there.

Why not go and read wisdom of solomon, sirach, addition to psalms and easter, songs of the youths, baruch, tobith, etc.

After that, proceed to the gospels: gospel of infantry, gospel of Bartolomew, gospel of Judas, gospel of Thomas etc.

After that proceed to the epistles: Epistles of Barnabas, Epistle of Ladocea etc.

After that proceed to the Acts: Acts of John, Acts of Timothy, Acts of Paul, Acts of Andrew, Acts of Thomas etc

Then Proceed to the odd books, like 6th and 6th book of moses, gospel of Barnabas.

After that go to extro biblical texts, e.g Grail message, book of Mormon, Quran etc.

Then after that, you can proceed to israel for any other remaining book.

The one weh dey ground you never read am, you still dey look for more. Na you go tire.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MayowaSafiu: 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

Stop following me about. Be guided.
[/s]
trash
you brought this upon yourself
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by budaatum: 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
For those who abhor ignorance, here is the
Apocrypha which means 'things hidden away' and are left out of officially sanctioned versions ('canon') of the Bible. My favorite is Bel and the Dragon as it shows how gods are created and why such knowledge must be hidden from you least you become gods too.

And here is the Pseudepigrapha, quasi-Biblical writings which never achieved canonical status.

Ignorance must not be your portion!

3 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MayowaSafiu: 4:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

Ok. Continue. grin
[/s]
Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by nijabazaar: 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2019
ola33t:
You people like to dey disturb una self too much. The ones wey dey inside Bible sef, how many have you read there?
The one wey dey ground, you never finish am, you still dey look for more. The books in a standard Bible are enough for a Christian, except something else dey there.

Why not go and read wisdom of solomon, sirach, addition to psalms and easter, songs of the youths, baruch, tobith, Macabees etc.

After that, proceed to the gospels: gospel of infantry, gospel of Bartolomew, gospel of Judas, gospel of Thomas etc.

After that proceed to the epistles: Epistles of Barnabas, Epistle of Ladocea etc.

After that proceed to the Acts: Acts of John, Acts of Timothy, Acts of Paul, Acts of Andrew, Acts of Thomas etc

Then Proceed to the odd books, like 6th and 6th book of moses, gospel of Barnabas etc

After that go to biblical derivative texts, e.g Grail message, book of Mormon, Quran etc.

After that proceed to extra biblical txt and histories e.g the books and histories according to Josephus, romans etc

Then after that, you can proceed to israel for any other remaining book.

The one weh dey ground you never read am, you still dey look for more. Na you go tire.

You are largely uninformed....

3 Likes

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Was The Book Of Enoch Removed From The Bible? by MayowaSafiu: 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

Well, your reply is irrelevant to my comment. Perhaps, I rather say, you're largely confused because your reply portrays you do not understand my post.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Plays The Piano (Video, Photo) / Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th / Femi Aribisala: How I Stopped The Rain At My Niece's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.