Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies (82634 Views)

A Mysterious Tortoise Appeared In Our Backyard Today. Advise Needed! (pictures) / See This Little Tortoise I Saw At Our Backyard / I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2019
angry
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by realestniggah: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2019
That quite old..

Sad day in the animal kingdom
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by mosho2good: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2019
can anyone tell me how they take know the exact age of the tortoise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by NwaNimo1(m): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2019
Who has been counting?

1 Like

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Jabioro: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2019
Good bye to Alagba Ogbomosho!
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by aycorporat(m): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
Ten years ago I heard the story of this tortoise and was amazed at the name Alagba. The soun had to stop people from climbing on her back in order not to stress her out. Rest on Alagba. Greet Soun Ogunlola and Timi Olofa ina when you get there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by donprinyo(m): 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
GOFRONT:
undecided

Last time, It was about the Oldest Gorilla who passed away in UNN....And now a 344 year old Toroise......

Only when they die, That's when we hear about their existence....
E remain oldest nigerian president

1 Like

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by NothingDoMe: 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
MelesZenawi:
How do they know the tortoise is 344 years..?
Historical accounts

5 Likes

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Bridget95(f): 5:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
omenka:
344? Was any scientific analysis carried out before they arrived at that conclusion? Any radio carbon dating or something?
yes! There are methods used to calculate their age from marking on their shell.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by cbrass(m): 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
omenka:
344? Was any scientific analysis carried out before they arrived at that conclusion? Any radio carbon dating or something?

Tortoise used to live really long, by the way I schooled in Ogbomoso so I know that Tortoise, The king said that his own father met the Tortoise in the palace and this present king is almost 90yrs so if we do the maths it is possible for the animal to be 344

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by blingxx(m): 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
If you are reading this, and you are a Yahoo Yahoo or scam guy, or 419 etc , please know that you are doomed for life...... That money u HV stolen or acquired illegitimately, u can't enjoy it, gbagbe......... U are only heaping curses on ur head.....so quit such life, retrace ur steps BK to God and engage in decent work, God will surely bless ur handwork if he sees ur heart

Oya let talk... Who scam you?

1 Like

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by AmazingELixir: 5:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
nextLevel death....Buhari but why killing all the elderly animals in the country the other day a Chimpanzee succumbed to nextLevel in FUTO now its Osun's turn whyyyyyyyyy Buharrrrrri
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by 12345baba(m): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2019
Make them bury am like king
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Historical accounts

Trash.

Why did same historical records knew that buhari is 84 years and not 73.

Why didn't same historical records not aware that buhari didn't have any Certificate.

2 Likes

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by GREATESTPIANIST: 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
blingxx:

Oya let talk... Who scam you?
u be Yahoo boi??

2 Likes

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by reliableme: 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2019
Ooh our dear Alagba. Sun reee oooh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by NotFarFrom: 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
YOUNGELDER1:
344 indeed lipsrsealed
It is very possible. Tortoise can live for up to 500years.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
GOFRONT:
undecided

Last time, It was about the Oldest Gorilla who passed away in UNN....And now a 344 year old Toroise......

I saw a documentary on this tortoise few years ago.

5 Likes

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by omenka(m): 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
cbrass:

Tortoise used to live really long, by the way I schooled in Ogbomoso so I know that Tortoise, The king said that his own father met the Tortoise in the palace and this present king is almost 90yrs so if we do the maths it is possible for the animal to be 344
Forget math and all that. Simply do a radio carbon dating and you wouldnt have to do any guessing or mathematics.

That shouldnt be too hard to perform.
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by maasoap(m): 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
Arysexy:
Lies! 344 wetin? They wan their own UNN Gorilla to trend.

Do we even have the technology to detect such in Nigeria. Even common Radio-carbon dating that gives rough estimate, we don't have.

Like this one below?

2 Likes

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
GOFRONT:
undecided

That's Africa for you .
the West can't keep an historical context like this on cage unnoticed.
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by crackhouse(m): 5:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
U people are funny. No be only 344yrs. And it still dey till now? World war 1 pass, world war 2 pass Nigeria/biafra war still pass am and nobody eat am?

2 Likes

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Femijohn198: 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
RIP alagba, human being last more than that before,noah live above 1000 years.our sin make God to reduce it to 120 years,even hardly human being spend up to 120, 80-90.
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by KingOdart(m): 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
GOFRONT:
undecided

Speak for yourself alone

The tortoise is popular in Ogbomoso

1 Like

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by logan2(m): 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
GOFRONT:
undecided

sorry but I know about this tortoise since I was a kid, funny enough, I never melt him in real life...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by midnighter(f): 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
MelesZenawi:
How do they know the tortoise is 344 years..?

By counting the rings on its shell

It cant be more than maybe 120 years old though. unless its juju tortoise
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by maasoap(m): 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
mu2sa2:
Yoruba and Igbo, the two most unserious tribes, are always out to outdo each other in absurdity.

Grow up. Your parents are looking up to you, don't disappoint them

4 Likes

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by blingxx(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
GREATESTPIANIST:
u be Yahoo boi??

No.. Just curious o
Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by avsadeeq0(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
Lies of the century 344

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Trash.

Why did same historical records knew that buhari is 84 years and not 73.

Why didn't same historical records not aware that buhari didn't have any Certificate.

Haha! Even if you are stupid, must you prove that to everyone on this forum? Some corrected you but you still went on to exhibit your stupidity. Shame on you

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dean Schneider; The Man That Belongs To A Lion’s Pride / My Pet Snake / Rottweiler Dog Bites Pupil To Death In Port-Harcourt, Shot Dead After. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.