Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,983 members, 7,799,351 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy - Pets (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy (17167 Views)

Meet Roxy.. My 3 Months Old Gsd / Roxy The Rottweiler / Roxy, My First Pet (GSD). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by TamedWhisperer(m): 10:53pm On Aug 03, 2020
Dreazy23:

Thank you sir grin
I really hope you find a breed that suits you and all, you sound so much like a dog lover

Answer to your question: Rex is 13months as of now, I’ve not really found any info on stud to be crossed from 18months that was approve, I think it’s one of the many rumors in the dog word e.g raw feeding makes your dog aggressive. Please if I’m wrong, you can help spread the light on this more

Also placing him as a stud now doesn’t really mean a female is readily available rn, so he can still grow while he awaits availability. Thanks smiley

Thanks, I am actually a huge dog lover, just haven't had the time nor space for one. Why get one if I can't take proper care of it right?. I actually do have the space now and with remote work as a result of COVID, looks like I might have the time for one as well.

To the answer: Thanks for taking time to respond, I've actually not read it anywhere though just a personal sentiment of mine.

Regardless, great job on raising both dogs as a first timer (I think I read that at the start of the thread?).
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 11:52am On Aug 04, 2020
TamedWhisperer:

Thanks, I am actually a huge dog lover, just haven't had the time nor space for one. Why get one if I can't take proper care of it right?. I actually do have the space now and with remote work as a result of COVID, looks like I might have the time for one as well.

To the answer: Thanks for taking time to respond, I've actually not read it anywhere though just a personal sentiment of mine.

Regardless, great job on raising both dogs as a first timer (I think I read that at the start of the thread?).

Yeah, it’s good to know that you’d be having a dog very soon

Males usually are sexually mature from 12-15 months the 18month wait is usually for Females because once they mate growth stops for them so it’s advisable to cross after 2 years(14months).

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by TamedWhisperer(m): 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Dreazy23:

Yeah, it’s good to know that you’d be having a dog very soon

Males usually are sexually mature from 12-15 months the 18month wait is usually for Females because once they mate growth stops for them so it’s advisable to cross after 2 years(14months).

Awesome, thanks. One learns everyday grin
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
TamedWhisperer:

Awesome, thanks. One learns everyday grin
Yeah, you’re welcome smiley

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by subie(m): 1:17am On Sep 12, 2020
How old
Dreazy23:
Ironically, Bailey is on her first heat which just started today.
No plans of mating!!!
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by subie(m): 1:20am On Sep 12, 2020
What is Bailey withers height
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by subie(m): 1:22am On Sep 12, 2020
Just finished going through ur thread, u ve really been an inspiration for me. @Iamanderson inclusive(on my way to read Roscoe's thread). Keep up the awesome job. If u were in ph, would ve booked Rex for stud service in advance.

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by subie(m): 1:24am On Sep 12, 2020
U guys can also check Aurora's thread, advice, compliments and most importantly criticism are welcome
https://www.nairaland.com/6092861/aurora-sweet-sweet-sweet-caucasian
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 7:16am On Sep 12, 2020
subie:
How old
She came on heat at 10months, I also wasn’t expecting it that early but it came.
I had some issues also, I was around and the person in charge of them did really lock Bailey kennel so Rex and Bailey spent a night together....still observing her.

It was actually really difficult cause Rex kept crying and spent most night in front of Bailey’s kennel
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 7:17am On Sep 12, 2020
subie:
What is Bailey withers height

The last time I checked, she was 66cm
That was late July
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 7:20am On Sep 12, 2020
subie:
Just finished going through ur thread, u ve really been an inspiration for me. @Iamanderson inclusive(on my way to read Roscoe's thread). Keep up the awesome job. If u were in ph, would be booked Rex for stud service in advance.
Thanks smiley, comments like this are encouraging.
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by IamAnderson(m): 4:00pm On Sep 12, 2020
subie:
Just finished going through ur thread, u ve really been an inspiration for me. @Iamanderson inclusive(on my way to read Roscoe's thread). Keep up the awesome job. If u were in ph, would be booked Rex for stud service in advance.
you're welcome wink
are you in ph?
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by subie(m): 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2020
I laugh mischievously in spanish
Dreazy23:

She came on heat at 10months, I also wasn’t expecting it that early but it came.
I had some issues also, I was around and the person in charge of them did really lock Bailey kennel so Rex and Bailey spent a night together....still observing her.

It was actually really difficult cause Rex kept crying and spent most night in front of Bailey’s kennel
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by subie(m): 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2020
Yes
IamAnderson:

you're welcome wink
are you in ph?
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by UGJ2: 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
Please what do you feed him
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by IamAnderson(m): 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2020
subie:
Yes
me too
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2020
UGJ2:
Please what do you feed him

Rex food contains raw meat, optimal puppy food and then I mix either with rice or potatoes
I sha add calcium supplements and human multivitamin once every 3days.
Same with Bailey
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by UGJ2: 11:38am On Sep 15, 2020
Dreazy23:

Rex food contains raw meat, optimal puppy food and then I mix either with rice or potatoes
I sha add calcium supplements and human multivitamin once every 3days.
Same with Bailey
nice mix
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2020
UGJ2:
nice mix
Thanks
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2020
Hi, everyone Bailey is currently suspected to pregnant because of an incident that happened when she was on heat(her Kennel wasn’t properly locked, she broke out and spent a night with Rex). She’s currently 11months old and showing signs of pregnancy(her tits are larger, increased appetite and her tummy has a bump which is quite firm), if indeed she’s pregnant, she’s 5 weeks into it

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by subie(m): 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2020
It might not be planned or ethical right, but I congratulate you still
Dreazy23:
Hi, everyone Bailey is currently suspected to pregnant because of an incident that happened when she was on heat(her Kennel wasn’t properly locked, she broke out and spent a night with Rex). She’s currently 11months old and showing signs of pregnancy(her tits are larger, increased appetite and her tummy has a bump which is quite firm), if indeed she’s pregnant, she’s 5 weeks into it
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2020
subie:
It might be planned or ethical right, but I congratulate you still
Thanks, Actually it wasn’t planned, the original plan was to wait for the second heat although I was away during that period I left the instructions with people around not to allow them come in contact with each other...I recently discovered Bailey can unlock her kennel if you don’t meticulously lock it

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by subie(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2020
I meant not, it was a typo. Goodluck tho
Dreazy23:

Thanks, Actually it wasn’t planned, the original plan was to wait for the second heat although I was away during that period I left the instructions with people around not to allow them come in contact with each other...I recently discovered Bailey can unlock her kennel if you don’t meticulously lock it
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by subie(m): 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
How far along is she tho
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
subie:
How far along is she tho
She’s 47days into it now
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2020
Bailey littered 8 pups today, 2 died and 6pups are alive

1 Like

Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Haroldjunior: 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
Congrats man
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by wizi44(m): 12:13am On Oct 13, 2020
Dreazy23:
Bailey littered 8 pups today, 2 died and 6pups are alive
congrats
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Ozonexy(m): 2:17am On Oct 13, 2020
Dreazy23:

Congrats Bro...I discovered My pet DORA could do the same... I was amused the very day.
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 10:19am On Oct 13, 2020
wizi44:
congrats
Thanks mehn
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 10:19am On Oct 13, 2020
Ozonexy:

Congrats Bro...I discovered My pet DORA could do the same... I was amused the very day.

Thanks mehn, grin grin grin it’s quite amazing
Re: Chronicle Of Rex And Roxy by Dreazy23(m): 10:25am On Oct 13, 2020
Update:
Bailey gave birth to a total of 10 pups

2 came out dead after my vet administered deworming injection

Can’t really tell if they were still birth or the injection took them out

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

All Dogs Go To Heaven: How Belief In Pet Afterlife Has Risen Over The Last 150Yr / Plz Expert,how Can I Make My Dog Aggressive And Bark? / Meet Zoey My Sable Female GSD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.