Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali (13794 Views)

Why I Dumped My Fiancé For 65-yr-old Customs Boss, Hameed Ali — Zainab Abdullahi / Hameed Ali Marries Zainab Abdullahi As New Wife (Photos) / Customs Officer Promotes Self To CG, Asks Hameed Ali To Hand Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by sterlingD(m): 9:11am On Oct 04, 2019
Joshmodest:
If we have the customs service in Nigeria , and 90% of cars in Nigeria were smuggled , then it's high time we do away with the dormant force !!
dejolly:
Whose fault is that? That shows he's not doing his job well if he can alleged that 90% of cars are smuggled. What a country!
Leave him the man has just open the nyash of customs for everyone to see.
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by mjizzie(m): 9:21am On Oct 04, 2019
They should make life liveable for car dealers and buyers too buy making the custom duties moderate and not collect almost the exact money you used in buy the car.
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by maasoap(m): 9:23am On Oct 04, 2019
We looked for my bus engine number sotey, we didn't see anything
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by alizma: 9:30am On Oct 04, 2019
Joshmodest:
If we have the customs service in Nigeria , and 90% of cars in Nigeria were smuggled , then it's high time we do away with the dormant force !!
And people like you will still complain about the closed border.
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by bejeria101(m): 9:34am On Oct 04, 2019
Shows you are an incompetent affidavit dullard.
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by geosegun(m): 9:40am On Oct 04, 2019
kokomaster3d:
And he is not ashamed to talk like that. What is the custom doing at the border then.

Why should he be ashamed? You and I know that most establishments of government is very corrupt including most citizens. Even you, have also been involved in one corruption or the other, either directly or indirectly. So Alli is calling a spade a spade.

The problem has to be corrected
1. by discouraging patronage of smuggled cars and 2. closing the borders where smuggled cars thrive.
2 has been achieved successfully and hence the achievement of daily revenue generation averaging 5Billion Naira.

The 1st has to be achieved too by discouraging you and I, including well meaning citizens from buying smuggled products. By that, we can grow the country economy together holistically. Once a potential buyer knows that He will still pay, a whopping fine by buying/using a smuggled product, such will desist from patronizing smugglers and this will discourage every smuggler out there killing our economy.

Nigerians and their entitlement mentality. You want the economy to thrive like that of the US or the Europeans and you don't want policies that encourages such? you want to eat your cake and still have it. Sense fall on all of you.
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by IkePeters(m): 9:43am On Oct 04, 2019
I totally disagree with you sir. If you truly believe this, then your claim indicts your organization as incompetent and redundant.
This means 9 in every 10 cars are smuggled. How could you believe this? Talk more of voicing it.
Your organization has lost credibility before Nigerians. Not when its always being associated with Corruption and Extortion.

God bless Nigeria!
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by byteem: 9:50am On Oct 04, 2019
Madness in high places
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by 9gerian: 10:00am On Oct 04, 2019
Then review your policies / levies etc and make it a win-win.

I’m sure you know that you can’t close your border forever.
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by Skmoda(m): 10:00am On Oct 04, 2019
Charleys:
This shows that the customs aren't doing their jobs
hell yeah
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by sulaak(m): 10:27am On Oct 04, 2019
Ify05:
The Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Col. Hameed Ali (rtd), on Thursday said 90 per cent of cars in the country were smuggled into the country by unscrupulous elements and Custom Officers.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/90-percent-cars-nigeria-smuggled-customs-boss-ali/
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by sulaak(m): 10:36am On Oct 04, 2019
geosegun:

Why should he be ashamed? You and I know that most establishments of government is very corrupt including most citizens. Even you, have also been involved in one corruption or the other, either directly or indirectly. So Alli is calling a spade a spade.

The problem has to be corrected
1. by discouraging patronage of smuggled cars and 2. closing the borders where smuggled cars thrive.
2 has been achieved successfully and hence the achievement of daily revenue generation averaging 5Billion Naira.

The 1st has to be achieved too by discouraging you and I, including well meaning citizens from buying smuggled products. By that, we can grow the country economy together holistically. Once a potential buyer knows that He will still pay, a whopping fine by buying/using a smuggled product, such will desist from patronizing smugglers and this will discourage every smuggler out there killing our economy.

Nigerians and their entitlement mentality. You want the economy to thrive like that of the US or the Europeans and you don't want policies that encourages such? you want to eat your cake and still have it. Sense fall on all of you.

If he said 30% of the cars were smuggled then it can be considered an operational problem, but at 90% where do you start to find solution.

It doesn't help when the president ignores the judiciary institutions that he should be supporting. When the legal institutions are compromised, it affects other security institutions such as the customs office.
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by Samson3600(m): 10:45am On Oct 04, 2019
can we see that and thousand of graduates are out there ready to work with full capacity but dormant officers refused to go.
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by Vickygirk(f): 11:21am On Oct 04, 2019
Abeg when will customs call for exam for the recruitment they did sometime ago....

Somebody is tired of joblessness
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by Obiwank: 11:43am On Oct 04, 2019
post=82822347:
This is so true.
We need to sanitize our border efficiently.
Apart from cars, many bad vices are smuggled through the border on a daily basis.

Some of the cars at this car dealers shop are stolen cars.

This is how it is suppose to be done.
We will get there in out nation.

This is not how it is supposed to be done. The innocent buyer is a victim of a crime as well. He should not be punished - rather the seller until you get to the original criminal. Most likely the original criminal is engaging in this act in a wholesale manner. If you take him out, then you solve one big problem using less resources rather than running around chasing after several car owners.

Also if things work this way, car owners would cooperate with customs. It will also lead to people changing their behavior and buying from approved car dealers.
This is how things work in normal countries, a man who reasons like the customs boss (based on his comments) has no business running any public agency. Sad!
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by ursullalinda(f): 12:39pm On Oct 04, 2019
naijadrivablog:

We only have borders in the south.

BTW, this comment from Customs is an indictment on them.

Exactly my point, it means they have out lived their usefulness
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by Charly68: 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
Joshmodest:
My brother,can you see this senile minded people ,they should sack the custom people I presumed
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by beresponsible(m): 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2019
What a stupid thing to say about your own incompetence
Re: 90 Percent Of Cars In Nigeria Are Smuggled – Customs Boss, Hameed Ali by FarahAideed: 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
You mean with the increase in custom revenue, we still have about 90% of our vehicles having unpaid duty?
I guess the figure must be about 98% before your arrival then?

Don't mind the liar

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Seeking To Probe Lawal Daura Over N12.9bn DSS Fund / Sanwo-olu Swears In 35 Commissioners, Special Advisers, Assigns Portfolios / Picture Of A BRT Bus Being Pushed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.