Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry (40710 Views)

My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa / My Adventurous Weekend Trip To Epe / My Adventurous Trip Across The Lagos Lagoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Maldini212(m): 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
Slavery the biggest crime against humanity

3 Likes

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by emmabest2000(m): 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2019

2 Likes

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by oshiiteoku: 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2019
Hmmmmm sweet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by 1shortblackboy: 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2019
nice
Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Sirpaul(m): 4:06pm On Oct 04, 2019
your Camera na BABA

3 Likes

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Ufedolove: 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
I was there back in 2013 on an excursion trip with my school.

It was really an amazing place to behold. Talk of the well, the first storey building in Nigeria, the Atlantic ocean, the fun and then the story. Up till this very moment, I still don't know exactly how I feel about it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by frndfghtr(m): 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
As I look I saw badagry prison,
And Ladipo main market abandon project,

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by gr8cany: 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
Amazing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by midnighter(f): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
kaptaneSaka:
where was My great grandparent when white were buying slaves

Lol you want to go to America

What if you had just ended up back in Popo Aguda after being freed?

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by karnafiu03(m): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
But how come you return?

2 Likes

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by AreaFada2: 4:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
OK.
Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by shakyum: 4:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
Continue cheesy cheesy I am already enjoying it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
Am in love with this thread

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Cuteliar(f): 4:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
Use to frequent this place with friends in 2011 while returning from a skill acquisition centre close by, it's on same route with the first storey building...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by SimonRose(m): 4:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
travelwaka:
Then as we move closer I couldn't help but smile at the beauty of this beach . The name has been changed from the point of no return to the point of return, No one ever escaped from this Island, Now this journey that used to be a very dreaded one is now a beauty to behold. It reminds us of what our forefathers went through in the hands of the Colonial masters. Lalasticlala the history here almost brought tears to my eyes and at the end, I thank God the era of slavery is over even though now we need to stop mental slavery.
1. The point of return
2. the beach
3. the beach
4. Point of return

Mennnnn....!!!! You're a great CONTENT WRITER. I wish all this bloggers and Olosho can take a Q. from you... Life would have been better. Most especially our government. Anyway sha., thank you for entertaining us with your wonderful piece of write up. #Welldonsir...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by asaajuomo1(m): 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2019
Good Job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Blankstare(m): 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2019
Exc2000:
cool

lol... Nigerians monumentalising slave trade point Am sure if Another slave ship came this december many fustrated Nigerians would gladly pay to jump onboard the slave ships, some would even pay travel agent to get a slot as slave in US or Canada....

Abeg O.P dont drink from any well arround there, because rumour has it that water around there was jazzed so as to hypnotise the slaves and turn them to controllable animals that less than ten man crew can succesfully take hundreds of slaves without any argument

Are you serious? You mean white man dey do jazz?

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by wamide042(m): 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2019
SirDelight:
Is Badagry no longer in Lagos

Local man is confused ogrin

Kudos to OP though

Why do you think the road is called Lagos-Badagry Expressway..

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Justice434(m): 4:28pm On Oct 04, 2019
God will punish Ambode for abandoning the project.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Akanoaaa(m): 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2019
I love this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by drips8(m): 4:33pm On Oct 04, 2019
King ghezo a dahomian king sold hundreds of thousands of slaves to the Portuguese.

3 Likes

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by MayowaSafiu: 4:40pm On Oct 04, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:
cool

lol... Nigerians monumentalising slave trade point Am sure if Another slave ship came this december many fustrated Nigerians would gladly pay to jump onboard the slave ships, some would even pay travel agent to get a slot as slave in US or Canada....

Abeg O.P dont drink from any well arround there, because rumour has it that water around there was jazzed so as to hypnotise the slaves and turn them to controllable animals that less than ten man crew can succesfully take hundreds of slaves without any argument

[/s]
Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Temptee101(m): 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2019
Good
Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by BravoDe: 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2019
travelwaka:
Then we did a quick stop at some slave museums

1. The Mobee Museum
2. Mobee Museum
3. the Brazilian slave p[rison

Fuvk
The last time I went there, the museum was under construction.
Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Treasure17(m): 4:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
Fascinating and I hope this present administration can look into those abandoned projects when they are done ululating that Lagos is broke.

1 Like

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by efficiencie(m): 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
...this is a reminder of the corrupt roots of our fathers and how the inheritance of corrupt we have today came from them...shey na oyinbo design diabolic "well of attenuation"? For a slave to be bought there has to be a seller and supply creates demand! For centuries the whites have been blamed for the trade but the blacks who aided and abetted in this heinous crime have been exonerated by the silence of many! It's sad that blacks treat blacks very unfairly...it is really sad!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Adeyeyeaki(m): 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2019
Op did you drink from the well? Is it true that there are footsteps there and it fit any foot!?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by johnnyn1(m): 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2019
Im currently in tears.
So lovely and interesting experience.
Would love to have the eyes and sight that you have.
Nice one Op.
Wow.
Next time pls create a video and awe away citizens of the world..
travelwaka:
Then as we move closer I couldn't help but smile at the beauty of this beach . The name has been changed from the point of no return to the point of return, No one ever escaped from this Island, Now this journey that used to be a very dreaded one is now a beauty to behold. It reminds us of what our forefathers went through in the hands of the Colonial masters. Lalasticlala the history here almost brought tears to my eyes and at the end, I thank God the era of slavery is over even though now we need to stop mental slavery.
1. The point of return
2. the beach
3. the beach
4. Point of return

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Adeyeyeaki(m): 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2019
karnafiu03:
But how come you return?
I still dey wonder.
Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Emmycute30(m): 5:03pm On Oct 04, 2019
I so love this. Will like to visit with my GF soon. Gullibility finish our forefathers sha. I don't believe there's anything in the water that hypnotizes people, it's just mental slavery and it still affects us. It is well

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by xjiggy: 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2019
Ambode is a disappointment. Deliberately left all Fashola project to rot forgetting that Lagos is a going concern. Such an Educated fool (I'm sorry to say)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Adventurous Trip To The Point Of No Return In Badagry by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 04, 2019
SirDelight:
Is Badagry no longer in Lagos

Local man is confused ogrin

Kudos to OP though
It seems they have moved it to Maiduguri, Borno State

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 30 Countries With The Best Roads In Africa – 2018 / Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Truck Crushes University Lecturer, His Wife And Three Children To Death In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.