Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit (15880 Views)

Premier League Judgment Day Live : Which Team Goes Down / Nigerian Amputee Football Team Involved In A Ghastly Accident On Their Way To Ab / Gerard Pique Goes To Training With His N4M Electric Bike B'cos Of Driving Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by GidifeedNews: 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
Nigeria's Amputee football team known as Special Eagles, has arrived in Angola for the 2019 Africa Amputee Football Cup of Nations.

The 15-man team, which has decried neglect from the government, managed to arrive in Angola through air tickets procured on credit from an agent.

The team would also be participating in the tournament with jerseys, tracksuits, boots and other vital items all procured on credit.

Speaking on arrival in Angola, President of the Nigeria Amputee Football Federation, Suleiman Isah, appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari for urgent support of the team.

He said, “It is tough for us but we needed to make this trip to keep hope alive for the amputees who had decided to counter their physical disability by engaging in sports.

“They have been absent from the Africa Nations Cup for nine years because there was no funding. It will devastate the boys badly if they missed this edition again.

“Unfortunately, the only support we got was from the Nigeria Football Federation and it is not enough to cover the cost of flight tickets, forcing us to drop some players.

“We got tickets on credit just as we also procured jerseys, tracksuits, boots and other equipment on credit.

“Worse is that we don’t even have a dime to give to the players as allowances both at the competition and on return.

“We are hoping that the Ministry of Sports will approve some aid for us but we are not certain.”

The Nigerian amputee football team will open their campaign against Liberia on Friday before meeting Cameroon, Tanzania, Sierra Leone and host Angola in subsequent matches.

Recall that last year the amputee team were involved in an auto crash while on their way for a football competition in Abuja.

Source: https://gidifeed.com/nigerian-amputee-team-goes-to-angola-with-flight-ticketsjerseyboots-on-credits/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by cassidy1996(m): 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2019
success
Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by psucc(m): 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
Even these ones are not spared.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2019
psucc:
Even these ones are not spared.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by AmazingELixir: 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2019
grin grin grin

Did I Hear someone say attach Tacha to the entourage and their plight will come to light...

NFF and NFA do not recognize that sport hence the neglect and their association is not registered with the sport ministry.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by uglyboi: 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2019
Lol.... Nigeria is one of the worst countries or earth..if not the worst....
Corrupt political leaders.. dumb ass followrs, demented youths, crazy and thieving religious leaders,bad educational system, demented health system,

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by simonlee(m): 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2019
Haaa!!
e don reach like this? sad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by SuperBlack: 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2019
Came to see the picture of all the things you mentioned
Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by Yinxies(f): 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2019
Success is yours!
Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
Anytime I see humans with one leg or hand doing Great things, I tend to hate Fulani and Hausa beggers even more.
They wake every morning with fat rosary looking shiits on one hand why the other hand is stretched at u begging for 50 naira....
Or they send their little peasants to start chasing u

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by ceeceeuwa: 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
ola33t:
One of them looks like osinbanjo.

They are also human beings and deserve to enjoy life too. I wish them the best.
Osibande
Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by Mutemenot(m): 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
We 're all enjoying the nextlevel grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by sylve11: 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2019
na country be this? SMH...... E just be like say make i ....... the president and sport minister like this for face. angry cool

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by Cantonese: 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2019
Wetin remain again to see for this APC/Buhari government? Athletes buying credit while representing this country? Tufiakwa!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by MayowaSafiu: 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2019
[s]
ola33t:
One of them looks like osinbajo.

They are also human beings and deserve to enjoy life too. I wish them the best.
[/s]
Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by Kkings11: 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2019
I know say they get the right to spend their money anyhow oh but This is where our celebrities suppose show themselves. 10 of them fit raise 30million for these guys.

make we just forget our government(both past and present) all we know be say e go better one day oh.

GO ON SPECIAL EAGLES, MAKE YOURSELVES PROUD.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
Many Nairalanders insulted Tammy Abraham when he chose to play for Britain over Nigeria.

Today -- just few hours after the Tammy thread made front page -- we're seeing another thread about amputees getting ignored by the Ministry of Sports.

Can you now all see why Tammy chose UK over Nigeria?

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by seangy4konji: 5:24pm On Oct 04, 2019
And us all blaming tomato for ignoring your useless asses.

Cursed Country...untrul we know we v a problem. We are all animals..

There us no excuse for our barkwardness
Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by Fideo(m): 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2019
The first guy on the left was my course mate from department of demography and social statistics, OAU. 2017 graduating set. His name is Sunday, big up man we are behind u one love from Dss/2012/028

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by Jaqenhghar: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2019
Bonatheripper:
Anytime I see humans with one leg or hand doing Great things, I tend to hate Fulani and Hausa beggers even more.
They wake every morning with fat rosary looking shiits on one hand why the other hand is stretched at u begging for 50 naira....
Or they send their little peasants to start chasing u
You are angry at the one with one leg. What of the one with 2 leg amd 2 hands that is not sick and not old

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by PrincessGift(f): 6:23pm On Oct 04, 2019
Brainless brain I sight u boss,more blessings dear

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by fafambo: 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2019
Goodluck obieze.go there and make us proud.
Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by oluwanimoduroty: 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2019
Fideo:
The first guy on the left was my course mate from department of demography and social statistics, OAU. 2017 graduating set. His name is Sunday, big up man we are behind u one love from Dss/2012/028
why not add his feat as the best graduating student from our greatest department � who's this by the way?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by mechanics(m): 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2019
I just hope President Buhari will yield to their plea, they should not be allowed to suffer being that they are handicap.
Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by webngnews: 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by Jlow2: 7:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
And some one relocated to the stadium to deceive the gullible
Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by OdefaGirl(f): 7:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
Kkings11:
I know say they get the right to spend their money anyhow oh but This is where our celebrities suppose show themselves. 10 of them fit raise 30million for these guys.

make we just forget our government(both past and present) all we know be say e go better one day oh.

GO ON SPECIAL EAGLES, MAKE YOURSELVES PROUD.

You said everything I wanted to say!!! Except the fact that they should make themselves and people like me proud.
Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by Davepercie(m): 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2019
oluwanimoduroty:
why not add his feat as the best graduating student from our greatest department � who's this by the way?
yes o, he was the best graduating student of our set

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by Risingblue008(m): 7:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
Just imagine,permit me to say our NFF is d 2nd corrupt body wit it headquarter in NNPC,Bleep d gaddam asshole kan3
Re: Nigerian Amputee Team Goes To Angola With Flight Ticket, Jersey, Boots On Credit by bashuayi(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2019
PrincessGift:
Brainless brain I sight u boss,more blessings dear
that NCFFA guy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Giannis Antetokounmpo Named As Finalist For 2020 NBA MVP And DPY Of The Year / Musa Muhammed Signs Amodu And Keshi's Condolence Registers / NFF Celebrates Asisat Oshoala On Her 23rd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.