Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

The Werewolf Analogy. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Werewolf Analogy. (793 Views)

Paul Adefarasin; His Saul Analogy And The Response / Analogy Of A Push Vs Electric Bike (Our Fingers Are Not Equal), Don't Compare. / Iphone Analogy: God Will Fix You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Werewolf Analogy. by Martinez39(m): 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2019
Matthew, Eric and John just bought a new apartment and while cleaning up, Matthew picked up a book in the basement and the three decided to read it. Here is what was written :

"Abayomi was a werewolf born in 1965, he was the father of Barack Obama. Barack Obama later married Michelle Obama and Barack became the president of the United States preceeding Donald Trump. Abayomi was also the father of Donald Trump. Abayomi raised Barack and Donald in Lagos and took them to the United States when Donald was eighteen. Before that, Abayomi was known to transform openly at Bariga market and showed off his appearance. Abayomi ensured he brought Nnamdi Azikiwe with him at all times during the show of. Donald Trump..."

Mathew closed the book immediately because he had had enough. Eric and John wanted to keep on reading but Matthew decided to discuss what he had just read.

MATTHEW : Abayomi never existed. First off all, werewolves have no basis in reality.

ERIC : but you can't prove that werewolves don't exist.

MATTHEW : And no one can prove that werewolves exists. Even if we assume that a werewolf exists or exited, that werewolf cannot be Abayomi.

ERIC : Why? undecided

MATTHEW : (surprised) the historical account of Abayomi is false and the evidence suggests that Abayomi, as described in this book, never existed. This account is not compatible with reality. Donald Trump and Barack Obama are not brothers; they never grew up in Lagos; both never had any father named Abayomi; and Nnamdi Azikiwe never mentioned seeing a werewolf. There is no record of any werewolf in Lagos.

JOHN : But Lagos, the United States, and Bariga Market are real places so the book cannot be lying about Abayomi.

MATTHEW : (deeply disappointed) Really? The United States of America is mentioned is many Marvel and DC universe films. Surely, you must think Superman, Batman and the avengers are real people.

JOHN : But that's different. Those are films while this is a real historical book containing facts.

MATTHEW : or maybe those are films and this book is a work of fiction and the fact that it's a fiction is unknown to you. To prove that Abayomi existed, you must prove that werewolve(s) exists or exited and then prove that a particular werewolf is or was Abayomi himself. I can't disprove the existence of werewolves but I don't just believe in them because there is no basis for their existence. I lack belief in them because I have no good reason to believe in them. However, Abayomi cannot exist.

ERIC : You say you cannot disprove the existence of werewolves yet you say Abayomi can't exist, isn't that a contradiction?

MATTHEW : (face palms) You weren't listening to what I have said.

JOHN : but what about scratch marks on zoo keepers and other people(scratches in general), etc. Doesn't this point to a werewolf?

MATTHEW : there are other causes that these can be attributed to. Even if they point to a werewolf, how can you be sure that it is Abayomi? In fact given the evidence and logical analysis of the account, Abayomi never existed.

ERIC : (tries to pull a shadeyinka on everyone) But according to the laws of physics...

MATTHEW AND JOHN : (puts their index fingers across their lips) Sssshhhhhhhsss! Not this time around.

The end.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Werewolf Analogy. by LordReed(m): 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2019
There is no Zeus on Mount Olympus therefore you can't prove he doesn't exist! Hail Zeus!
Re: The Werewolf Analogy. by Martinez39(m): 9:57pm On Oct 04, 2019
LordReed:
There is no Zeus on Mount Olympus therefore you can't prove he doesn't exist! Hail Zeus!
Lol.
Re: The Werewolf Analogy. by JhayJoe: 11:33pm On Oct 04, 2019
Good writeup. With the topic and the location of the threae. I think that i caught what you're playing at.
Re: The Werewolf Analogy. by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 05, 2019
Spot on. LOL grin grin grin
Re: The Werewolf Analogy. by jefe03(m): 10:02am On Oct 15, 2021
O deep gan

(1) (Reply)

Do We Have Igbo Muslims Here??? / Assemblies Of God Church Crisis: Bishop Emmah Isong Prophecy No 56 Fulfilled / Religious Partiality On Nairaland!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.