Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Frank Lampard Names New Chelsea Vice-captain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Frank Lampard Names New Chelsea Vice-captain (894 Views)

Kevin De Bruyne Has Been Demoted From His Role As Man City's Vice Captain / Oshoala Appointed Vice-Captain Of The Falcons As They Take Their Official Photos / Onazi Dropped As Eagles’ Vice Captain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frank Lampard Names New Chelsea Vice-captain by topcin: 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2019
Frank Lampard names new Chelsea vice-captain - and supporters will love the decision

Frank Lampard has confirmed Jorginho as Chelsea's new vice-captain.

With Cesar Azpilicueta taking over as captain following Gary Cahill's release in the summer, the vice-captain role has been vacant since the beginning of July.

Pedro captained the side in the absence of his compatriot in the 7-1 thumping of Grimsby Town in the Carabao Cup, but Lampard had yet to confirm Azpilicueta's understudy.

Until now as speaking in his pre-Southampton press conference on Friday afternoon, Lampard revealed that Jorginho is the new Chelsea vice-captain.

"Yes, Jorginho is vice-captain as it stands," Lampard confirmed. "Azpi is the captain and that was clear at the start of the season and I think his professionalism and career here speaks for itself.

"Jorginho, I keep talking about him, is a character and a driver. It is very evident to see on the pitch.

"That's the situation as it stands."

Despite not being fluent in English, Lampard sees no issue with Jorginho's new position within the squad.

"It is obviously important [learning English], we always try here to push that along as soon as players come in because communication is key on and off the pitch," Lampard added.

"In the dressing room. He crosses the borders as it is easy when you come in sometimes to stay within groups of nationalities. Jorginho doesn’t.

"He is a driver on and off the pitch."

Lampard's decision to promote Jorginho into this role should come as no surprise given he praised the midfielder's leadership qualities last week.

"He is, he's a leader in his personality and whatever happened last year - I wasn't here and for whatever reason people made judgements. All I can judge is what I see in front of me," Lampard said after the Brighton win.

"From pre-season he's been one of the leaders in the dressing room and on the pitch.

"He wants to win, I know that should be the basics for everyone but to show it in everything you do is important and I think he does that.

"So I'm pleased with Jorgi and again the young players need to look up to that kind of attitude that he has daily.

Furthermore, it's a decision that some Chelsea supporters will love as many called for Jorginho to replace Azpilicueta as captain last month.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/jorginho-chelsea-vice-captain-lampard-17032635

Re: Frank Lampard Names New Chelsea Vice-captain by Amaechi667(m): 12:49am On Oct 05, 2019
topcin:
Frank Lampard names new Chelsea vice-captain - and supporters will love the decision

Frank Lampard has confirmed Jorginho as Chelsea's new vice-captain.

With Cesar Azpilicueta taking over as captain following Gary Cahill's release in the summer, the vice-captain role has been vacant since the beginning of July.

Pedro captained the side in the absence of his compatriot in the 7-1 thumping of Grimsby Town in the Carabao Cup, but Lampard had yet to confirm Azpilicueta's understudy.

Until now as speaking in his pre-Southampton press conference on Friday afternoon, Lampard revealed that Jorginho is the new Chelsea vice-captain.

"Yes, Jorginho is vice-captain as it stands," Lampard confirmed. "Azpi is the captain and that was clear at the start of the season and I think his professionalism and career here speaks for itself.

"Jorginho, I keep talking about him, is a character and a driver. It is very evident to see on the pitch.

"That's the situation as it stands."

Despite not being fluent in English, Lampard sees no issue with Jorginho's new position within the squad.

"It is obviously important [learning English], we always try here to push that along as soon as players come in because communication is key on and off the pitch," Lampard added.

"In the dressing room. He crosses the borders as it is easy when you come in sometimes to stay within groups of nationalities. Jorginho doesn’t.

"He is a driver on and off the pitch."

Lampard's decision to promote Jorginho into this role should come as no surprise given he praised the midfielder's leadership qualities last week.

"He is, he's a leader in his personality and whatever happened last year - I wasn't here and for whatever reason people made judgements. All I can judge is what I see in front of me," Lampard said after the Brighton win.

"From pre-season he's been one of the leaders in the dressing room and on the pitch.

"He wants to win, I know that should be the basics for everyone but to show it in everything you do is important and I think he does that.

"So I'm pleased with Jorgi and again the young players need to look up to that kind of attitude that he has daily.

Furthermore, it's a decision that some Chelsea supporters will love as many called for Jorginho to replace Azpilicueta as captain last month.

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/jorginho-chelsea-vice-captain-lampard-17032635
u guys should win this week
Re: Frank Lampard Names New Chelsea Vice-captain by chucs: 5:29am On Oct 05, 2019
Jorg has always been a captain material so i'm not surprised. He is one of the leaders in the team on and off the pitch and he learnt to speak English in a fast and amazing way. Gimme some Kova=Jorg=kante( Orgasmic midfield trio)

1 Like

Re: Frank Lampard Names New Chelsea Vice-captain by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 05, 2019
chucs:
Jorg has always been a captain material so i'm not surprised. He is one of the leaders in the team on and off the pitch and he learnt to speak English in a fast and amazing way. Gimme some Kova=Jorg=kante( Orgasmic midfield trio)
Where will mount play then?
We need some attacking threat from midfield.
It will be interesting to see what happens when loftus cheek returns to full fitness after the international break

1 Like

Re: Frank Lampard Names New Chelsea Vice-captain by chucs: 7:50am On Oct 05, 2019
chidiebereuzoma:

Where will mount play then?
We need some attacking threat from midfield.
It will be interesting to see what happens when loftus cheek returns to full fitness after the international break
Mount can play anywhere in the attack. U mean these players dont have attacking threats? U can talk about goals coming from midfield not attacking threat. For me midfield is the fulcrum of every team so I will choose those trio any day. Kova is just phenomenal and one of those that keeps our midfield tic with his passes,runs and tackles,dont let his lack of goals make u think otherwise. He is a top midfielder and a workaholic. Mount is a wonderful talent, but I would prefer he plays in the wings while Kova plays alongside Jorg.

RLC brings different talent and dynamics to the team as he equally has a great eye for goals but he is not a workaholic like the trio.
Re: Frank Lampard Names New Chelsea Vice-captain by Timmy301(m): 8:32am On Oct 05, 2019
After City
Chelsea has the best midfielders in that EPL
Haabaa

Kante
Jorginho
Kovacic
Loftus cheek
Even that Mason Mount

(1) (Reply)

Download Video: Real Madrid Vs Real Sociedad 3-1 All Goals & Highlights / Deontay Wilder Gives Scathing Assessment Of Anthony Joshua’s Win Vs. Andy Ruiz J / Ajax Ace Abdelhak Nouri Wakes Up After Nearly Three Years In A Coma, Now Doing W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.