Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? (31781 Views)

UK People Are Miserable, Nigerians Are 'happy' / Kenyan Says Nigerians Are Operating Like Chinese And Taking Over African Nations / Nigerians Are Walking Into Canada From U.S. Seeking Asylum - Washington Post. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by freedomchild: 2:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
ednut1:
bros if you are smart you would have decoded what was happening. The current nigeria benefits the west and our leaders. So they work in tandem. U think dino melaye will empower his village instead of buying cars He won't because during election he can buy their votes for 1k each. When the west were conquering africa any kingdom those on ground could not beat. The british empire sent naval warships and reinforcements to defeat or make them surrender.

Read this peace by lord lugard. Out of all races the black man is the most back ward. Go to jamiaca or haiti its same story. See what whites did in south africa.

Lord Lugard, the former governor-general of Nigeria, in 1926, wrote his unfiltered thought about Nigerians. From his book, The Dual Mandates, come these excerpts: "In character and temperament, the typical African of this race-type is a happy, thriftless, excitable person, lacking in self-control, discipline, and foresight. Naturally courageous, and naturally courteous and polite, full of personal vanity, with little sense of veracity, fond of music and loving weapons as an oriental loves jewellery. His thoughts are concentrated on the events and feelings of the moment, and he suffers little from the apprehension for the future or grief for the past. His mind is far nearer to the animal world than that of the European or Asiatic, and exhibits something of the animals' placidity and want of desire to rise beyond the state he has reached.

"Through the ages, the African appears to have evolved no organised religious creed, and though some tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more often to take the form of a vague dread of the supernatural. He lacks the power of organisation, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business. He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility - he will work hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the courage of the fighting animal, an instinct rather than a moral virtue. In brief, the virtues and defects of his race -type are those of attractive children, whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy. Perhaps, the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his lack of ability to visualize the future"

Even in uk, usa , canada indians and chinese are setting up companies to bring their people over. A black man would not do that. So bros we are not smart as a unit. Many voted buhari cos he was a muslim and fulani in the north. But wont vote an intellect like moghalu because he is igbo and has no funds to share. Bros wake up
wonderful.... i want to like this post a thousand times
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by tosyne2much(m): 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
adonainana:

The whole thing tire me, a country that is not sufficient and needs everything supplied to it, Yet everyone in that country is smart, what about the chinese and the koreans, that have the opposite of all these things in abundance. What should we call them, geniuses
Look at the Chinese, they are ranked number 14 in global innovation index yet they don't brag about being smart like Nigerians. It's a nation that is dependent on almost everything that consider themselves as smart people cheesy

Or is smartness not supposed to bring about innovation?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by SIRTee15: 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2019
ednut1:
you clearly are not smart. This is my last comment here. I work in the oil and gas sector let me school you small.
1- exon, shell chevron help us drill crude/gas and also steal from it. Their refineries also convert it with crude along with indian refineries ( our refineries were from the french and are dead now). There is no oil in netherland but shell from the same country brings in billions from overseas

2- as we no get light we have to use generators from perkins(UK) and some asians ones- if we had light is there any market for those guys

3- cocoa from west africa is converted into billions of chocolate in the west and asia( if we had chocolate companies here would it benefit west?)

4. All the other things we import nko Does it not benefit them

Be smart bro. U say our leaders shud be smart. So our reps and senators shud make laws that will favour all of us So their 33m salary becomes 2m and the 5.5 billion car doesn't see the light of day. U dull sha

All what u wrote up there is excuse....
We can game the global economic system to favour us, only if we have smart leaders that make the development of its county a priority....
The problem is our leaders are not smart n don't really give a damn about any real development in nigeria or elsewhere in Africa.....
They see africa as a grave yard, a place befitting only for final resting place....
Leaders are rarely motivated to develop such places and that's the problem with africa....

Now lets take a look at present day nigeria....
The current Nigerian president lifetime ambition is entrenchment of fulani oligarchy in nigeria....
Do u think he cares about any anti-African policies developed by world bank or IMF....
How's that the fault of the white man, if u got no one to speak for u and fight your cause....
Have u heard of the phrase, principle of self preservation-My race first, then others....
All these talk about exporting natural resources and importing refined products is because we allowed them...
Simple....
First it was western world, thereafter China joined in the exploitation and now its india....
Neother China nor India control the system....
So what's the excuse this time around...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by midnighter(f): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2019
bluefilm:

Have you ever been to Russia, Poland, China and basically any former soviet/communist country where people had to come up with alternative solutions because of bad governance?

Like my mom will normally ask, how can you be in your house and know the prices of good in the market? wink

Now to the issue at hand concerning the question you raised, majority of the people in those countries you mentioned are not mentally lazy.

I hope I have answered your question?

I dont believe we are any more mentally lazy than those people

I have not, by the way you can find out the prices of goods in the market as long as you have eyes and ears for somebody to tell you!
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Fretchy: 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2019
Because our own definition of smart is fraud.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by midnighter(f): 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
Potch:

Nigerians are smart but are being led by dull people. From the presidency to the National Assembly, majority are secondary school cert holders. Most smartest people in my set are now in the USA and Canada.

It still takes a smart person to blag his way into central government without any qualifications

The problem is that we value one type of smartness over the other

If we had more intellectuals and men-in-suits advising our leaders instead of snivelling sycophants, a lot of stupid stuff wouldnt be happening

Its big business, banks, landowners, and all those people who really control a country and manage their interests by leveraging with the political class

Do you think Donald Trump writes his own speeches?

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by bluefilm: 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2019
midnighter:

If you say so

I have not, by the way you can find out the prices of goods in the market as long as you have eyes and ears for somebody to tell you!

The fact still remains that comparing Nigeria's situation to that of Russia or Poland or China, is like comparing bread to stone.

Indigenous engineers in those countries are capable enough to build systems that can provide uninterrupted power supply for their countries.

Can you say the same for your country?

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by pacespot(m): 2:30pm On Oct 05, 2019
ednut1:
bros if you are smart you would have decoded what was happening. The current nigeria benefits the west and our leaders. So they work in tandem. U think dino melaye will empower his village instead of buying cars He won't because during election he can buy their votes for 1k each. When the west were conquering africa any kingdom those on ground could not beat. The british empire sent naval warships and reinforcements to defeat or make them surrender.

Read this peace by lord lugard. Out of all races the black man is the most back ward. Go to jamiaca or haiti its same story. See what whites did in south africa.

Lord Lugard, the former governor-general of Nigeria, in 1926, wrote his unfiltered thought about Nigerians. From his book, The Dual Mandates, come these excerpts: "In character and temperament, the typical African of this race-type is a happy, thriftless, excitable person, lacking in self-control, discipline, and foresight. Naturally courageous, and naturally courteous and polite, full of personal vanity, with little sense of veracity, fond of music and loving weapons as an oriental loves jewellery. His thoughts are concentrated on the events and feelings of the moment, and he suffers little from the apprehension for the future or grief for the past. His mind is far nearer to the animal world than that of the European or Asiatic, and exhibits something of the animals' placidity and want of desire to rise beyond the state he has reached.

"Through the ages, the African appears to have evolved no organised religious creed, and though some tribes appear to believe in a deity, the religious sense seldom rises above pantheistic animalism and seems more often to take the form of a vague dread of the supernatural. He lacks the power of organisation, and is conspicuously deficient in the management and control alike of men or business. He loves the display of power, but fails to realize its responsibility - he will work hard with a less incentive than most races. He has the courage of the fighting animal, an instinct rather than a moral virtue. In brief, the virtues and defects of his race -type are those of attractive children, whose confidence when it is won is given ungrudgingly as to an older and wiser superior and without envy. Perhaps, the two traits which have impressed me as those most characteristic of the African native are his lack of apprehension and his lack of ability to visualize the future"

Even in uk, usa , canada indians and chinese are setting up companies to bring their people over. A black man would not do that. So bros we are not smart as a unit. Many voted buhari cos he was a muslim and fulani in the north. But wont vote an intellect like moghalu because he is igbo and has no funds to share. Bros wake up

Thanks bro. I've to quote this comment for future reference, this is a typical mentality of a black man that was painted in that piece. White men really know us more than we do know ourselves. Thanks again smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by bejeria101(m): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2019
We are! Ask the airhead up north.
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by midnighter(f): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
bluefilm:

The fact still remains that comparing Nigeria's situation to that of Russia or Poland or China, is like comparing bread to stone.

Indigenous engineers in those countries are capable enough to build systems that can provide uninterrupted power supply for their countries.

Can you say the same for your country?

It depends on what you mean by the word "capable". They are intellectually capable enough, yes. Whether there is any existing organisation that is robust enough to support such a thing is a different story
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

So na you go build road, provide security, etc?

The leaders and government that are supposed to build roads and provide security, are they not Nigerians?. If they are not smart enough to know and do this, they as well as the people that Voted them into power are one and the same. A congregation of dumb fucktards.

3 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by salford1: 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2019
lagdmark:

You missed it totally here. Religion played a major role in the American Revolution
Even till 1976 about 55% Americans were Protestants, 1996 about two-thirds were Christians.
Moral teachings, and civil rights movement, values was based on Christian religion.
Facts is the famous John Havard the founder of Havard College was Pastor.
If you believe religion gave Nigeria her problems, the same Christian religion gave the Western countries her development.
The early Americans understands that faith without works is zero. Nigerians have faith but don't want the work.
It's not just the religion but also being smart enough to understand the religion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by xerxes456(m): 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2019
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Fidelismaria: 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2019
Only 0.003% Nigerians are smart and they are endangered

6 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
vaxx2:
What is wrong with Europe banking system. is there any Africa banking system that beat off Sweden, Luxemburg or Canada?

You're speaking with an imbe'c"ile. Part of the Nigerians we are talking about. He will not understand.

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by UncleJudax(m): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2019
thebosstrevor:

You write like you own the company you work for because you saw a stock certificate for oil transfer

so it is the international oil company stealing it? always get your facts right

what you wrote down s nothing new, and info you can get on a newspaper..

So how does international trade works? "Mr smart-ass"

you know so much but cant develop your country, you are a damn case study

The more a man beats his chest, the more i know he is bullshit
This is my problem with my follow Igbos. We claim to develop everywhere we go.,(not entirely false) but have failed to hold our politicians accountable, in order to develop the region...hence the ridicule from others

Chest beating, blame-game and victimology are encoded in an average Nigerian DNA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by pacespot(m): 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
ednut1:
you clearly are not smart. This is my last comment here. I work in the oil and gas sector let me school you small.
1- exon, shell chevron help us drill crude/gas and also steal from it. Their refineries also convert it with crude along with indian refineries ( our refineries were from the french and are dead now). There is no oil in netherland but shell from the same country brings in billions from overseas

2- as we no get light we have to use generators from perkins(UK) and some asians ones- if we had light is there any market for those guys

3- cocoa from west africa is converted into billions of chocolate in the west and asia( if we had chocolate companies here would it benefit west?)

4. All the other things we import nko Does it not benefit them

Be smart bro. U say our leaders shud be smart. So our reps and senators shud make laws that will favour all of us So their 33m salary becomes 2m and the 5.5 billion car doesn't see the light of day. U dull sha

We can make policies to change all those anomalies you mentioned up there. After all, we are no longer the colony of the west. Would they invade Nigeria if we start putting these foreign multinationals in order? No.

The problem with Nigerian government is that since these multinational companies are already tapping the resources and remitting billions of dollars into the government coffer, they don't want to develop domestic alternatives again. Nigerians always seeking shortcut solutions to their problems, we let foreign companies stealing from us blindly because we are too lazy and shortsighted to resuscitate our refineries.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by wristbangle: 2:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Lol. I actually find it very demeaning- when guys from Romance section make comments like this (to me) and think it is a compliment or something I should/would appreciate.

Pls, nonsense ends in Romance section. If you think this is my best comment this year, then you need to move around more. wink

Diverse in knowledge is one the accountabilities of a leader. Am not an island of knowledge, so I learn everyday even if you tag me a romantic man.

After all it's every ladies' dream to have one. Seems you are into me tongue. Can we go on a date? wink
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by nkemjacob2(m): 2:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
Nigerians are not smart. Had it been they are, they would have been smart enough to tackle their undeveloped situation which is mostly cos by our useless politicians.

If they are smart indeed, they would have vote wisely.
Follow gvt matters with serious business.
And be ready to re-call to duty senators not performing

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Nanatrendy(f): 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2019
I am not a nigerian but the reason why nigeria and other African countries are not developed is because we are divided within ourselves and the west is playing Africans like chess. An example is ivory coast and ghana together we produce 60% of the world's cocoa but because we are competing against ourselves the west determine the price they will pay for our cocoa they give the farmers peanuts and make billions in the west, now imagine if both countries were sitting down together decided to sell refined cocoa and bargain as a unit we would be calling the shots in chocolate production. Also imagine if all african countries decided to shut our borders to foriegn products and decided if the west do not set up factories here their products will not be sold on our markets ,imagine the number of jobs it will create and the number of opportunities we will get. The thing is no matter how hard any african country tries on its own they wouldn't get far because the west are united in maintaining africa as it's market , now china too is taking advantage of us. Until Africans plan as one unit we would not get anywhere.

7 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Nigerians are no more criminally inclined than people from more developed countries! However, when a society doesn’t provide avenues for a ambitious and smart people to earn a living legitimately, then they would naturally find other means to survive that may sometimes be unorthodox and unwholesome!

Who make up this society that do not provide avenue's ...angels?
So a so called collection of smart people cant design such avenues for themselves. They're waiting for foreign Beings.
If not they turn on their neighbour?. Thats ur defintion of smart". A crude show of primitive animal instincts. No wonder Nigeria is the way it is with such people constituting her majority.

5 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2019
tundeb303:

The leaders and government that are supposed to build roads and provide security, are they not Nigerians?. If they are not smart enough to know and do this, they as well as the people that Voted them into power are one and the same. A congregation of dumb fucktards.

One doesn't require smartness to know that a road is bad. Nigerians are not dumb, we're corrupt but not dumb. If you really know what corruption is, then you'll understand the extent to which it has inhibited our growth. BTW, who told you voting takes place? Let's assume it does, the electorates have the option to choose either one thief or the other. Do you know why? The system has been so corrupt to the extent that if one is not a thief, he cannot afford to buy nomination forms. Or can you afford N22m from your salary? Even if you can genuinely, can you afford to pay each delegate $5,000 at the primaries? Only a ********** can salvage Nigeria from the hands of those who have held her in captivity. Sadly, we do not have the guts.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by pacespot(m): 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2019
ednut1:
this is my linkedin account. U cant pm lemme send you the link lol. Pointless arguing with people like you. Have you seen a monthly stock certificate for oil transferred to terminals like the bonny one There is s column for theft( by vandals of pipeline) and metering inaccuracies. Na there the real steal dey happen. You move 100k barrells from an oml in delta or rivers . Vandals steal 4000. U record 15000. Meter inaccuracies you record 20000 instead of 5k. Bros you be learner.
You clearly dont know how international trade works. When mugabe took white farms over what happened to his country. Sanctioned and it lead to their doom. Or ask Ghadafi how far too.
I never blamed the west but it is our rulers who make deals with them. West thinks about its people( lived in uk at a point and they give citizens benefits) . Over here our rulers think of them selves and family. Rochas was a billionaire before but still came to loot . Ambassdor oke kept 50m usd raw cash in a ikoyi flat but we have many dilapitaded schools. We are not smart in nigeria bros

So because of Western sanctions, we should let the multinational companies continue to steal our oil resources. How much are we exporting to other countries that we are afraid of western sanctions? We all know Nigeria is an import-dependent country, not export oriented, so stop making excuses for our leaders for their greed to allow Shell and Co's to steal our resources.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by OChimex: 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2019
ednut1:
the world as you have it today is a western concept. Africa was never meant to be developed . Imagine i need a loan to do poulty gtb would give me at 22%. But in the uk i can get it at 3%. Will ship it to nigeria through cotonou and its still cheaper than the nigerian ones. Corn cannot grow in a desert except there is irrigation in the desert. Government is the irrigation

Wise sayings always go this way "Govt is always the true reflection of the people" "A snake cannot birth a goat" "You dont give what you dont have" "Any country deserves its govt"

4 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by SmartyPants(m): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2019
Blackvic1:
high capacity for learning, reasoning, understanding, and similar forms of mental activity; aptitude in grasping truths, relationships, facts, meanings,and how would leaders have this and still misbehave? An average smart leader puts his subjects or citizens first ie the Emirates of Dubai leader and other leaders of western countries.... Nigerian leaders are too dumb for my liking far from smartness

The answer to your question is called appreciating the fact that there are multiple variables involved in the model.

Are you saying there are no smart and selfish people?

Are you saying there are no smart and unpatriotic people?

Are you saying there are no smart and wicked people?

What is the correlation between mental capacity and altruisim?
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by engrchykae(m): 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2019
javaguru:
you beta start believing it
don't bother answering the ignoramus.
dangote is doing fine,courtesy of favorable government from obasanjo till date.
if any third world country have any problem with shell bp,total,Exxon,Mobil,chevron,agip,mtn etc.
the governments of their countries of origin would be directly involved.
why was the British involved in the biafra war if not because of shell?
this present world system is ANTI AFRICA.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Silas6(m): 2:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
pocohantas:
What Nigerians call smartness, would most times turn out to be total disresgard for the next person, basic etiquette, moral values, laws or rules and regulations.

A Nigerian will drive one way, get to the front- return to the correct lane and feel like a sharp guy.

A Nigerian will jump the queue, luckily they get attended to by whoever after dropping N200. They come back to you that is standing on the queue like a sane human being and tell you that you are not STREET SMART. So, you fit sleep here today o...Truly you might sleep there.

Na this kind smartness we dey exhibit most times. Majority of us are guilty of one or more. Not our fault sha, it is the kind of smartness you need to survive in a third world country, where everything-including the government is working against you.

The people that are BOOK SMART (we call them efiko and even demonise them), we stereotype them as clumsy and timid- NOT STREET SMART. The ones going about their businesses jejely are not left out from the above stereotype.

That is why when we go to countries where normal humans are, we complain it is slow, boring...etc. We have to relearn to live, because we have only been existing/surviving in the jungle we hopped on the plane from.
Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Blackvic1: 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2019
SmartyPants:

The answer to your question is called appreciating the fact that there are multiple variables involved in the model.

a smart person knows when to be selfish and when not to that’s what distinguishes between a dumb person and a smart person most world leaders are selfish but smart they put there citizens first before even stealing but here our leaders are dumb that’s why they steal and even steal the constituency money and a white man will steal and still work for his country it’s only a foolish and dumb person that will build a substandard project but a white man will build a standard project for his people and still steal that’s the difference an average black man is foolish in his ways although there are few smart ones but the dumb and foolish ones are more than the smart ones

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2019
missjo:

This is statistically impossible
Statistics don't tell the complete story always, only a fraction of it most times.

In democracy, as practiced in the 3rd world where Nigeria falls into unfortunately, it's possible for dull people to lead a society of many smart people.

First, consider that democracy is about numbers - whoever polled highest at the ballot becomes your leader. Take note that in Nigeria factors such as zoning and tribal sentiments influence choice of candidate.

If you add poverty, thuggery and election rigging, you would just understand how it is a situation that would defy both science and any statistics you can think of.

Ask yourself the question, when have you seen an independent candidate garnering public votes in Nigeria. You either have to come from a family that has had something to do with power both at present or in the past and can only pursue ambition under the auspices of major political party.

I struggle with this irony too, luckily, I don't depend on statistics like you to try to have a good grasp of it.

We need revolution now!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Blackvic1: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2019
SmartyPants:

an average European or Asian or American don’t boost of been smart than others but here it’s only a fool that boosts of been smart and others lazy that’s what we do

2 Likes

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Gentlewarrior1(m): 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2019
xerxes456:
what brought about the Hunger? The allies of BIAFRA were not treated as members, rather they were conscripted, their wives and daughters taken as sex slaves and the men sent to the war front, those who saw what was going on had to find a way by working with other allies and enemy to create the backdoor for the fall of BIAFRA, Hunger was a tool, but if the BIAFRANS were wise enough they would have factored it before going into war... To me it was a senseless war born out of personal pride and ambition... if the war had succeeded some member states would be slaves to the majority no doubt, Na Smartness spoil every...
This is one of the reasons why this country is finding it hard to progress

Nigerians don't know history at all

No offence but what you wrote is total junk and shows you don't know history nor the history of the biafran civil war

I'm busy now if not i would have lectured yoh on the biafran civil war

Anyways do try and read about it online if you are interested

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are So Smart, Why Isnt Nigeria Developed? by Blackvic1: 3:05pm On Oct 05, 2019
konvict0111:
Statistics don't tell the complete story always, only a fraction of it most times.

In democracy, as practiced in the 3rd world where Nigeria falls into unfortunately, it's possible for dull people to lead a society of many smart people.

First, consider that democracy is about numbers - whoever polled highest at the ballot becomes your leader. Take note that in Nigeria factors such as zoning and tribal sentiments influence choice of candidate.

If you add poverty, thuggery and election rigging, you would just understand how it is a situation that would defy both science and any statistics you can think of.

Ask yourself the question, when have you seen an independent candidate garnering public votes in Nigeria. You either have to come from a family that has had something to do with power both at present or in the past and can only pursue ambition under the auspices of major political party.

I struggle with this irony too, luckily, I don't depend on statistics like you to try to have a good grasp of it.

We need revolution now!
your correlations doesn’t fall in line first how can dumb people rule over smart people where does that happen if not that the dumb ones vote dumb people as well if we are smart like you say this set of leaders we have known wouldn’t even smell ordinary counselor not to talk about been senators nor governors and president, smart people vote in smart people dumb people vote in dumb people

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Ibadan Destroyed Roads Repaired After Twitter User Protested On Social Media / Accident Involving A Police Van Near Otedola Bridge Ojoduberger / Rampaging Camels Cause Accident In Jigawa State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.