Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Top 10 Richest Nigerians - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Richest Nigerians (63388 Views)

Top 5 Richest Nigerians According To Forbes / Folorunsho Alakija, Missing From Forbes List Of 21 Richest Nigerians / Top 5 Most Richest Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Richest Nigerians by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 19, 2007
This is MY current list of Nigeria's top 10 richest men.

Jimoh Ibrahim - Nicon group
Aliko Dangote
Femi Otedola- zenon oil
Wale Babalakin- bi-coutney
Cicilia ibru- Oceanic bank
Jim ovia- zenith bank
Tony Elemelu- Uba
Ladi Balogun- Fcmb
Shehu Dantata- Dantata group
Fola Adeola

Next week i will be putting together the top 100 richest people in Nigeria.

But can we ask ourselves what exactly this people have done to help fellow needy nigerian, apart from some scrappy employment with disgusting pay.
This is a thread i will like Nigerians to contribute to and discuss how the young generation can beat and surpass this mark.
Goodluck everyone.

Mr M.a
nirvana consult

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by wadomi: 3:35pm On May 19, 2007
which position u dey Mr man?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by otuonye(m): 3:46pm On May 19, 2007
Where u come put Arumeme JOHNSON of ROCKSON ENGINEERING?

Remember say Na the guy win the whole contract of all the GAS Turbines for Rivers State plus many other huge contracts wey ROCKSON win for BAYELSA, DELTA and EDO.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by GNature(m): 6:52am On May 20, 2007
@fizofly

Bear in mind that just because someone is an MD/CEO of a bank or organization, this doesn't qualify them as being one of the top richest nigerians.

So, I wouldn't include fola adeola, tony elemelu, jim ovia, and ceceilia ibru on that list. IBB has more money than these four combined and you didn't mention him.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by abilityman(m): 5:46pm On May 20, 2007
This is MY current list of Nigeria's top 10 richest men.

Jimoh Ibrahim - Nicon group
Aliko Dangote
Femi Otedola- zenon oil
Wale Babalakin- bi-coutney
Cicilia ibru-   Oceanic bank
Jim ovia-  zenith bank
Tony Elemelu- Uba
Ladi Balogun- Fcmb
Shehu Dantata- Dantata group
Fola Adeola

Mr M.a
nirvana consult

fizofly,
your list has been rubbished by the absence of the oil magnate himself, otumba mike adenuga of globacom. reconsider your list and revert to us.

he pays well as well if that is one of your criteria

cheers

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by Aproko(f): 9:32am On May 21, 2007
@ poster,

your list is rubbish. LADI BALOGUN in the top 10? not even his father? fola adeola? cecilia ibru becos she runs the bank that belongs to her husband and shareholders like you and i?4 petes sake!!!!!

my dear poster do your research before you come to this thread to discuss with enlightened people.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by oscarb1(m): 11:41am On May 21, 2007
na wear u com put our oil politician Governors? from th nija delta

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by cutesy(f): 4:47pm On May 21, 2007
wa_do_mi:

which position u dey Mr man?

Meeeen, I saw ur name wa-do-mi, and your quote about hating urself and just had to comment. You must really be a sad and sorry person. cry

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by lesster(m): 6:35pm On May 22, 2007
Seems u have a connection with some of this people on YOUR so called LIST, cos most of them are bank CEOs does not mean they are rich, Where is Mike Adenuga, Harry Akande, IBB, Dehinde Fanandeze just to name but few, abeg bros go and find something better to do if u aint got no job.
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by thegame(m): 8:10pm On May 22, 2007
Hey FizOfly, What's wrong with you?YOU live in this country?How come Adenuga is not on the list? Wht about IBB?Ok,let me put IBb out cos many believes he is spending Nigerian money but Adenuga shouldn't be out of the list. Better rearrange the list.Adenuga and Dangote are No1 and 2/No2 and 1. I am not even sure who is richer but those guys are toooooooooooooooooooo rich to be ommitted and not to even consider their investments. BETTER COME UP WITH A BETTER LIST DUDE.
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by anusule(m): 10:03pm On May 22, 2007
rubbish. where is harry akande, where is fernendez?
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by samsilo(m): 2:27am On May 23, 2007
How many people I wonder, know that South Atlantic oil company owned by T Y Danjuma was last year paid[b] $4billion [/b] by the Chinese national oil company for majority stake in its deep off shore fields.
The Chinese president acknowledged this fact when he visited Nigeria so this one is not a rumour.
I also wonder why people like Forbes Magazine feel here is no black African dollar billionaire.I can understand them excluding looters like IBB and the Abacha family but what of a case like this one
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by Onyema1(m): 8:01am On May 23, 2007
Well i dont know the criteria that was used in drawing up this list, but obviously, the list cannot stand the test of pragmatic verification irrespective of the criteria for the selection. In the first place the bank CEOs should disapear from the list. How can you enlist a COE of a bank and ommit the owner of the bank who employed the CEO. For your information Mike Adenuga is the owner of ET Bank. His investment cuts across the 3 major sectors in our economy today viz: oil, communication and banking. I therefore recommend that you withdraw the list and start a fresh research on the issue. An d i will not want to see any name that is or should be RIBADU sensitive. Thanks.

Mean while, my country men iam new here and i dont know how to generate a new post. please i need a direction on how to post new topic. This forum is fantastic. Thanks every one for your time and quick response.
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by kachiface(m): 8:13am On May 23, 2007
abeg, the list is whacked. It has no definitive bearing. what's your criteria or ure just talking out of the blue.

Which of the bank CEOs are statutorily rich? or maybe u meant to title your list as people with top 10 "plum" jobs/positions, which still will be inaccurate.

Dangote, Jimoh and Adenuga are definitely toppers based on any criteria. You have to measure wealth - not ill gotten (otherwise i can list 15 drug barons who are richer), contribution to the nations economy and other factors.

Go to forbes.com and see their criteria for determining the richest men.
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by Nobody: 11:29am On May 23, 2007
Hi,your selection was based on what criteria cos even with my little knowledge of wealth and finance; i can say that ur least is not in d least comprehensive. how about harry akande,dehinde fernandez & co.
i suggest u go back and conduct a comprehensive analysis.
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by kenechi22(m): 4:52am On May 25, 2007
Mr man i dnt want insult u because u ve listed the people u run their accounts.Its a pity ur wisdom stops here in but our wisdom here in nairaland is too vast for u to list those average Nigerians as the richest.But thats not the issue.Try and be on the list.Work hard stop listing names
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by Femonjay(m): 10:30am On Jul 14, 2007
i will advise you to change dis ur heading ''Top 10 Richest Nigerians'' to another thing if you still want to talk about those pple.
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by SEA(m): 12:10am On Jul 21, 2007
Fyzofly or what do you call your name.Your next week never reach since.You are a typical Nigerian who will say what he can't do to get ovation or encomium
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by hayour50(m): 1:19pm On Jul 23, 2007
Hmm , i dont understand how people would just come up to a public room and make statements without verifying them or giving us a like to the source of their statements.
For next time, try to verify your statements or be diplomatic about how you make them ?o.k
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by soladavid(m): 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2007
your list is totally wrong,what do u even used in arriving at ur conclusion?
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by georgies(m): 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2007
Well, note mention some Pastors in this country is out of it.
Rev. Chris Oyakhilome is mega rich.Maybe you ignore that side.
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by Aiphie(f): 4:28pm On Jul 30, 2007
No Otumba Mike Adenuga, then that's no list of 'Top 10 Richest Nigerians'. O.K?
georgies:

Well, note mention some Pastors in this country is out of it.
Rev. Chris Oyakhilome is mega rich.Maybe you ignore that side.
I'll get there, DEFINITELY.
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by coolminded(m): 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2007
Yu no nutin , wheres dangote?
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by replenish(f): 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2007
PLS LETS NOT GET THE GUY WRONG, HE SAID ''HIS OWN CURRENT LIST''.

SO IT IS NOT FROM AN INFORMED OR RELIABLE SOURCE, THE POOR GUY JUST WOKE UP ONE MORNING AND DECIDED TO COME UP WITH A WHACK LIST OF NAMES LIKE THIS.

I GUESS THEY ARE THE RICHEST NIGERIANS IN HIS OWN MISERABLE WORLD.
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by toksdam(m): 12:50am On Aug 24, 2007
u all shld be ashamed of urself ,u all followed d same line of argurement,u dont have to get so insultive,if u have suggestions, make them,we all will get to read it,plsssss ,if you have some beff settle it elsewhere,however i think there are a lot of very wealthy and rich guys in this country who are not saying a word or making any noise about it,just like the world record, some still accord it to bill gate,meanwhile, we have many individual today who can pay him without sweat,lets have ur 100 richest guys sir weldone
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by shawn123: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2007
Hi everbody, there is no need to argue or lash out insults. the guy who started all this probably does not know how this things work. I can see alot of people are correcting or rather teaching him. So my friend i hope you learn. Even Forbes which have the closest to accurate value of richest men dont just sit in their rooms and bring out a list based on the names they frequently hear. Ceos or MD's of banks are not the richest they are just in the position to control share holders money. Remember those shares we buy in public offers you and i. Its takes much more than just given out names to know the richest
Am sure you have learnt something boy!
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by fredomo: 4:37pm On Aug 24, 2007
Wow,
you'd better check the list again.You just listed nothing out of something.
you've left some people out of it.
check out well!
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by deezzle(m): 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2007
Where did u leave Mike Adenuga, Harry Akande, Olusegun Obasanjo?
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by bricks(m): 4:05am On Aug 26, 2007
i belive that you left out quite a nuumber of other nigrerians like babangida,gowon ,obasanjo,etc ,etc.some of the dudes you mentioned are small fries when compared to these ones. did yo get your soucrce from ? cos i cant see how dangote can be richer than ibrahim babangida when babangida was one of the people that contributed to his becoming rich , and what about the abacha family guy,i don't mean to knock you but i think you data is all twisted.nuff said! cool
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by Icon4s(m): 8:44am On Aug 27, 2007
Good people don't disturb your selves.He said "This is MY current list of top 10 Nigerians".
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by olayorker: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2007
Anybody there that knows website of jimoh ibrahim global fleet,kindly send it to this add olayorker@yahoo.com.thanks
Re: Top 10 Richest Nigerians by lovemajek(f): 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2007
@ poster,
where is my name on the list, or do you want prove?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Full Meaning Of POS? See Hilarious Answers / Customs Intercept Plastic Rice In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) / Emeka Offor KAZTECH Fabrication Yard At The Snake Island In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.