Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,861,714 members, 6,865,408 topics. Date: Monday, 16 May 2022 at 03:19 PM

After 17days From Running From Lagos,man Arrives Onitsha.[check THE FULL GIST] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After 17days From Running From Lagos,man Arrives Onitsha.[check THE FULL GIST] (225 Views)

Tinubu 2023: Man Arrives Lagos After 20days Of Trekking From Abuja To Lagos To D / APGA Campaign Tour Train Arrives Onitsha South LGA (Photos) / Fashola Arrives Onitsha, Inspects Work On Second Niger Bridge- Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

After 17days From Running From Lagos,man Arrives Onitsha.[check THE FULL GIST] by HiztoryBox(m): 9:35am On Oct 05, 2019
At exactly 4:00am today;5th Oct,2019, #Worldwrapperman Amb Adjarho David Obaro arrived #Onitsha to complete his 17days running from #lagos to #Onitsha both Days and Night.

The World Wrapper Man – Amb Adjarho David Obaro landed in Onitsha by 4.00am, today October 5, 2019. He rounded up an adventure of about 650km, he started on September 18, 2019 when he set forth from Lagos to Onitsha in a partnership race with the Nigeria Copyright Commission NCC as they celebrated their 30 years of protecting creativity in Nigeria, with the theme: “CHANGING THE NARRATIVE”. In the last 17 days, he has been on the road running with a 36 yard wrapper folded into 18 yards for easy usage. His original weight as at departure time was 94 kilogram without his luggage and 107 kilogram with his luggage. He left Lagos with 52 items mostly his toiletries, balms, drugs and searchlights. He took off from NCC office in Costain at about midday and had a brief stopover at the National Stadium where he addressed the crowd about the danger of piracy and the need for Nigerians to stop piracy, after then the race continued even with the heavy rain. That was the point I pulled out with my 14 year old son, Ikemsinachukwu James, who is his official photographer for the race.

The Lagos-Onitsha marathon Race

On September 15, my 14 year old son ran to the sitting room to show a message from World Wrapper man that he wants my son to be his official photographer for his run from Lagos to Onitsha. I asked him if he will love to run with him and he said “YES”. I contacted my friend,the World Wrapper man who was one of the guests at the then recently concluded 100 Photo exhibition of my son and asked for details of the run. He explained to me that he will love my son to cover the take-off, but that since he will be in school, I can represent him. I thanked him and on the 18th September. I took permission for him from school and in his school uniform we landed at the Nigeria Copyright commission office at Constain.

The Race Began here.

From September 18th,I started a countdown for the Amb Adjhrho David Obaro.The Journey ws tough and rough but he never gave up and in my own small way I stood by him. His first night was spent at OPIC, his second night he tried to spend the night at RCCG camp but he was denied access, as the security man said his wrapper was an inappropriate dressing, so he ran and covered more mileage and spent the around the FRSC office area. His third night was at the Noble Hotel, Ogundalu, which is at the back of United High School Ikene. His fourth night was at Ijebu Ode. On the fifth day, he has his first major security challenge when the security men at Tai Solarin University along Ijebu road, stopped him from taking pictures outside their gate and took his phone. All his efforts to explain to them that all he wanted was to use the university gate as landmark to describe his location as he was running, failed.

I spoke to the security men on the phone and they explained that they have never seen a man running with a wrapper again. So I told them to goggle about him. They delayed him to close to an hour before he was let go. The fifth night was spent in the open at the Ijebu Ode Toll gate area. The next night was spent at FAO Travellers Inn, Ijebu Ode. Although He did not run for that day, as he was so sick that he kept on vomiting and sending me all the photos, I was worried sick myself but I kept on assuring him that he will be fine. He was taken to the General hospital in Ijebu Ode, and the doctor attended to him and gave him some medications. The next day he was as fit as a horse and he left for the road, running into Itele, in Ijebu-East LGA. By noon of the same day he left Itele and made a stopover at the Atoyo Produce Control Post on the Lagos- Benin Express way. Also remembering that In 2015,World Wrapper Man was attacked in the village of Itele by a ritualist while he ran Lagos to Abuja 787km in 22days.When the night came, he spent the night somewhere close to Omowood Industry Limited Office in Km 92, Sagamu-Benin Expressway.

On the 9th day,he took off by 5.30am where he spent the night, running through the village of Oniparagha with the optimism that he may approach Ore. His race was a beautiful one with so much solidarity from the Police at check points and passersby who stopped him to take pictures. On an occasion, a police man gave him N500 to buy water. Good news all along as this kept him motivated until at about 6.48 pm,when he called me and placed the phone on speaker for me to follow up on an attack on him by some young men in the community of Omotosho.

13th day, he commenced the race by 5.00am running towards Benin. By 6.35am we spoke again when he was at Isoko Camp village. He ran late into the night before he stopped at the Old Toll Gate Benin. The morning of his 14th day, he was delayed a little because of the rain and when he felt the rain will not stop.He hit the road at 7.50 am, not minding the heavy rain.

On arrival at Benin city, he stopped over at Edegbe Motors, took photos with a driver that had noticed him on the road as he drove to and fro Lagos. After then he was joined by a PMAN member,Mr Muyi at Uselu market and he took him to Deep end Entertainment, where he got some refreshment and they both ran from TV road through 5 junction to new Benin market under the rain. They got to new Benin at 1:30pm in the rain and one of the music producer (Chi World Wide) offered to host him at his studio. The NCC representative arrived after 2pm with press crew from Edo Broadcasting Services who conducted their interview. His FB fan and friend Aigbokhaevbo Clementina, was on ground to welcome him too. They all ran with him from new Benin market heading to Ikpoba hills. He stopped over at Rainoil filling station and was received by the manager. He spent some time there to enable him charge his phones, power bank and torch light. With the heavy rain, he could not run deep into the night as he had earlier planned, so he spent the night at a relative.Mr Eferibaba at about 9.15 due to the bad rainy weather and its effect on him.

The next day, he ran late into the night, considering the time frame left, he stopped running at about 12.35am when he arrived the village Uvbe just before Abudu, so he spent the night at be. Uvbe Village in Orhionmwon Local Government Area of Edo state. The home land of Queen Eghaghe, the mother of Prince Aiguobasinwin Ovonramwen (Eweka II) one time, Oba of Benin. That was the same day he had an interview with 9ja voices on Starr Channel radio United Kingdom.

By morning of the next day, he set out at about 5.40am not minding the rain, running towards Agbor in Delta State. At 9.07am, he was at the front of Lighthouse Polytechnic Office which is Km 32 to Asaba from Benin along the Expressway in Evbuonosa, Orhionmwon, Edo State.

By 1.20 pm, he was joined in the marathon run by Mr and Mrs Duru Chukwuemeka an old boy of Government College Ughellli. They drove from Onitsha to join him at Abudu. Abudu is situated in Orhionmw, Edo State. While Mrs Duru ran with him, the husband drove behind them. By 4.48 pm, he ran into Omumu Community in Agbor. He rested and by 9pm,he took off again running towards Umunede

His last lap, October 4TH 2019.By 1.49am, he was around Emoota Farms along the Asaba-Benin express road. By 02.05am, he was at Emuhu, IkaSouth, where he rested and continued in the morning hours.By noon, 12.05, he had a brief stopover at Ugo Resort were Prof Isito hosted him with some fresh coconut juice and they ran together inside the resort, before he departed.

By 4.48pm. he was in the Omumu Community in Agbor, running without looking backwards. He arrived Igbodo a town located in Ika North East LGA of Delta State by 11 pm and by 2.10 pm, he arrived in Onicha-Ugbo, a town in Aniocha North Local Government Area, Delta State. By 4.25pm after resting for a while, he left Onicha-Ugbo. At about 9pm, Mr and Mrs Duru Chukwuemeka joined him for a second time on the highway, they are driving behind him, so he uses their car light as guide, at about 12.35 am he was about 9 km to Onitsha at the junction of the Asaba International Airport

By 2.45am,he sighted the Onitsha River Niger bridge linking Asaba and Onitsha and that was the boost he needed most. He finally by the grace of God Almighty landed in Onitsha by 4.00 am and was received by Prof Segun of the Onitsha Business school, the organizers of the Onitsha city Marathon.

Read Full Details https://www.hiztorybox.com.ng/history-made-world-wrapper-man-ran-for-17days-from-lagos-to-onitsha/

(1) (Reply)

Read About It: How We Blacks Empower Whites Yet Dis-empower Fellow Blacks! / If You Have Seen Leaving Neverland, You Should See This As Well / Ambode Defies Lagos Assembly, Fails To Appear Before Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.