Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,023 members, 7,807,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Probable Reason Japanese Styled Vehicles Are Expensive - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Probable Reason Japanese Styled Vehicles Are Expensive (1648 Views)

Evidence INNOSON Vehicles Are Made In China. Pixs / Kalashnikov AK-47 Maker To Fight Tesla With This 1970s-styled Electric Supercar / This Is How Bullet-proof Vehicles Are Built. (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Probable Reason Japanese Styled Vehicles Are Expensive by freshvine(f): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2019
Majority of us wonder why imported used Japanese cars are exorbitant and inordinately expensive and this quagmire instilled the passion to conduct a research to unravel this situation.

I have read repeatedly on this forum and other fora where contributors argued that the high demand of this Japanese technology is what drives it cost as it corresponds to the law of demand and supply but somehow they're right but not entirely so. Anytime a car of today, Lexus, Honda came up for auction, you see Nigerian dealers diving the brand like a dog on a heat. They try to outdo themselves and before you know it the price of the particular car skyrockets. Here 5 to 10 Nigerian car dealers competing to outdo each other like a bazzar promotion and by the time it gets to Nigeria, we bear the brunt of their insensitivity. They hardly bid for the American cars and other renown brands but Toyota gives them hard ons.

My post may not proffer or address the issue but let it be known that we're architect of our collective misgiving and not neccesarily demand and supply in the larger context hitting the prices of Japanese cars to the rooftops.

I took my survey to popular car auction sites and discovered it's only Nigeria car dealers that make these cars expensive particularly the Toyota brands.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Probable Reason Japanese Styled Vehicles Are Expensive by AshipaEk0: 10:09am On Oct 05, 2019
So you are blaming the supply for the market demand?

Basic demand and supply economics?

2 Likes

Re: Probable Reason Japanese Styled Vehicles Are Expensive by fabienjoe: 12:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
Are you suggesting they should stop seeking to buy those Japanese vehicles? As the comment above me stated, it's about the demand at home...they buy what they can sell, the sooner they sell, the better for their business. But since you now realise the prices are artificial, you may want to buy other brands that represent better value and ignore the overpriced Japanese..

1 Like

Re: Probable Reason Japanese Styled Vehicles Are Expensive by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:38pm On Oct 06, 2019
freshvine:
Majority of us wonder why imported used Japanese cars are exorbitant and inordinately expensive and this quagmire instilled the passion to conduct a research to unravel this situation.

I have read repeatedly on this forum and other fora where contributors argued that the high demand of this Japanese technology is what drives it cost as it corresponds to the law of demand and supply but somehow they're right but not entirely so. Anytime a car of today, Lexus, Honda came up for auction, you see Nigerian dealers diving the brand like a dog on a heat. They try to outdo themselves and before you know it the price of the particular car skyrockets. Here 5 to 10 Nigerian car dealers competing to outdo each other like a bazzar promotion and by the time it gets to Nigeria, we bear the brunt of their insensitivity. They hardly bid for the American cars and other renown brands but Toyota gives them hard ons.

My post may not proffer or address the issue but let it be known that we're architect of our collective misgiving and not neccesarily demand and supply in the larger context hitting the prices of Japanese cars to the rooftops.

I took my survey to popular car auction sites and discovered it's only Nigeria car dealers that make these cars expensive particularly the Toyota brands.

If you have ever owned a recently produced ford, or Chrysler , or Mazda , you will understand better.

1 Like

Re: Probable Reason Japanese Styled Vehicles Are Expensive by freshvine(f): 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2019
fabienjoe:
Are you suggesting they should stop seeking to buy those Japanese vehicles? As the comment above me stated, it's about the demand at home...they buy what they can sell, the sooner they sell, the better for their business. But since you now realise the prices are artificial, you may want to buy other brands that represent better value and ignore the overpriced Japanese..

My survey is pure academic exercise as I explained but thanks you know the prices for those brands are artificial and not universal interest.
Re: Probable Reason Japanese Styled Vehicles Are Expensive by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2019
freshvine:

My survey is pure academic exercise as I explained but thanks you know the prices for those brands are artificial and not universal interest.

a lecturer? Any Ekiti origin?

1 Like

Re: Probable Reason Japanese Styled Vehicles Are Expensive by freshvine(f): 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

a lecturer? Any Ekiti origin?

Gazzuz, you don dey enter me I am your best buddy o.
Re: Probable Reason Japanese Styled Vehicles Are Expensive by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2019
freshvine:

Gazzuz, you don dey enter me I am your best buddy o.

Oya sorry sorry

(1) (Reply)

How To Clear Imported Cars In Nigeria, Cost And Duration / Good Compact SUV From 2009-12 / Why Does My Car Loose Power When Climbing A Hill?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.