Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: (14458 Views)

How To Download TOFEL Or IELTS Past Questions. / Toefl Or Ielts, Which Is Better? / IT Is Now Compulsory To Have Either A Level Or Ielts English Certificate To S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2010
Hello All,

Please I need help with schools in Europe that gives admission without Toefl or Ielts, I am aware of Sweden and I am into that already, and I think Norway considers Nigeria too since Higher Education is done in English, Please if you know anyother ESPECIALLY FINLAND Polytechnic/College/university that gives admission to Nigerians without Toefl or Ielts like Sweden and Norway please post the name or website of the school here please,

I'd like to enter for the Autumn Sem 2011, Please those living/studying in Finland please help me out,

Thanks,
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by capiti: 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2010
I dont think you will get admission to any school in finland without a toefl score or ielts. I am studying in finland presentlty and i know this.
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 05, 2010
really?, sad

I heard from someone that there are a few schools that will give admission without toefl or ielts, Just cant find any yet
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by worry246(m): 6:50am On Nov 05, 2010
If you are too dumb to pass Toefl how are you going to do degree?
O sorry you are going to HUSTLE grin grin
You should stick to chasing cars & selling pure water.
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Godalone(m): 11:05am On Nov 05, 2010
@poster, Toefl is not as difficult as you think,go and write it .
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2010
Godalone:

@poster, Toefl is not as difficult as you think,go and write it .

Thanks Bro, I'm not scared of English one bit, I can write it.I'm only considering the time frame and maybe I could avoid it, Thanks Anyway,

papicurry:

i can

Thanks but why not just post the name or web address of the school here, Im not interested in runz, I know my way around, Please if you wanna help just post here, Thanks

worry246:

If you are too dumb to pass Toefl how are you going to do degree?
O sorry you are going to HUSTLE grin grin
You should stick to chasing cars & selling pure water.

@ worry246,

You are just a very stu.pid low life idi.ot, Did I mention anywhere in the post that I can't pass Toefl, I only asked if I can get admitted without it.As at now I secured an admission in Sweden without it or ielts so shut your loose mouth and get your non functioning brain out of here, Its you and your fath.er that will run after molue and sell pure water and carry go, Dumb as.s mothe.rfuc.ker angry

1 Like

Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Hussain555(m): 12:25pm On Nov 06, 2010
@choose4me,
ur best bet iz Germany but you have three options of which two are the same as per time but different as per money mattazz,

Your first option iz to study in a Nigerian University for a year and proceed to Germany for a language course as most courses are in Deutsch. The language course myt b xpensive tho (around 1.6 milli a year including accommodation).

The second option which I consider rather expensive is for you to 'jump' to Germany and start your language course and after that, you'll have to study in one of the 'studienkolleg' (like foundation course) in the region of the University you want to study.

The third option is to apply to a University of Applied Sciences (consider yourself as a polytechnic student in Nigeria). If you do this, you'll easily find a course taught in English which your WASSCE certificate would be acceptable as a proof of sufficient knowledge of the language.
You think this option iz bad but, you'll be learning Deutsch for free as one of your subjects in school!!!
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Hussain555(m): 12:25pm On Nov 06, 2010
@choose4me,
ur best bet iz Germany but you have three options of which two are the same as per time but different as per money mattazz,

Your first option iz to study in a Nigerian University for a year and proceed to Germany for a language course as most courses are in Deutsch. The language course myt b xpensive tho (around 1.6 milli a year including accommodation).

The second option which I consider rather expensive is for you to 'jump' to Germany and start your language course and after that, you'll have to study in one of the 'studienkolleg' (like foundation course) in the region of the University you want to study.

The third option is to apply to a University of Applied Sciences (consider yourself as a polytechnic student in Nigeria). If you do this, you'll easily find a course taught in English which your WASSCE certificate would be acceptable as a proof of sufficient knowledge of the language.
You think this option iz bad but, you'll be learning Deutsch for free as one of your subjects in school!!!
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Hussain555(m): 12:46pm On Nov 06, 2010
But still, considering the much talks about racism in Germany ( i dunno how true it is tho), you might want to consider Russia(if u want to study medicine), this is very easy because I know of a tested and trusted Agency, RACUS.
I cannot recall the name of their website but you can search on Google.

If anything except medicine, I cannot guarantee the reputation of other courses, you can try Malaysia if you really want to leave Nigeria so bad,

But in all, as a fellow Nigerian, I would love to see you in a Nigerian University and shun all those 'student life' things, put in ur very best effort in ur studies, graduate with a professional exam cert. which you have been doing while in school.
With these, your parentz would be highly motivated to send u to U.K or U.S.A for your Masters which are always the best options if not for money, lol
If your parentz dont hav d cash, I'm sure u wud be earning much after school. You could work for some months and be your own sponsor and your father will say ''yes!!!, that iz my son''.
After all these, you could stay in the Diaspora for a good number of yearz and come back to Nijja to make useful investments that'll benefit all and not selfish investments like stocks, bonds and shares!!!

Chill, seems lik I'm givin u a plan of ur life, i'm off track, lol

BUT U GOT MY MESSAGE, RIGHT?

2 Likes

Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2010
Hussain555:

@choose4me,
your best bet iz Germany but you have three options of which two are the same as per time but different as per money mattazz,

Thanks alot bro for taking the time to explain all these, I remember you were asking a question about Germany sometime in the past, Are you in Germany now?? The third option you mentioned, I dont mind the University of Applied Sciences but is it tuition free too??
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Hussain555(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2010
@choose4me,
true, i waz asking stuffz bout Germany but I dumped it. My reasonz,

I didn't decide quickly on which country was best for me, so I couldn't plan things with the Embassy perfectly.
I never knew I had to open an account in Germany through the Embassy (the procedures of opening an account in Germany takes at least a month). There was only weeks to my appointment date when I knew of this.

Secondly, the amount of money that must be in the account was on the high side (around 1.6 milli) after gathering the language course fees. This made my Dad depressed as I earlier told him the lang. course fees waz d most xpensive thing in all.

To shatter all my plans for Germany, I grew a non challant attitude about everything.
I just got confused about everything and no nlander waz helping.
You can compare the help prospective students to UK universities get from this forum to the help I got.
I don't know why guys are not really interested in Germany but it dosen't matter as I already dumped it.
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2010
@ Hussain555

Im sorry to hear about that, Opening an account in Germany does not sound cool, So are you trying out another country now?? Did you say 1.6Mil is high?, lol, Sweden requires like 5Mil.
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Hussain555(m): 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2010
@choose4me,
The idea of opening an account in Germany is really nice.
If things go wrong at home, I wouldn't be affected as I would be getting my money at 600+ euros per month from the Bank.

If you choose a University of Applied Sciences, you will have to pay enrollment fees of 500euros per semester and you can buy a 'semesterticket' for public transport around Germany.

But still, the thing that made things appear xpensive waz accommodation, which is around 200-400 euros (1 euro is about 210 naira) per month, depending on the location of your desired University. In Munich, it could go higher plus cost of living also.

Your best bet should be a school in Berlin.
Why?
It is the capital, cost of living lower, standard of living is better as per race mattaz(no one will really notice a 'black') but in smaller cities, they'll stare like 'isi-ewu'

for more enquiries, call this agent on 080hussain555, lol
you can check www.daad.de for more detailz.
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2010
thanks Hussain
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by capiti: 10:33am On Nov 09, 2010
Maybe you should try oulu university of applied science. Though not sure but go check it out.
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Freerhyme1(m): 7:49pm On Nov 09, 2010
@choose4me
what is the name of the institution that gave u admission in sweden without TOEFL, and when did u apply, did u apply through STUDERA or how did u apply and wht is their website?
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 09, 2010
capiti:

Maybe you should try oulu university of applied science. Though not sure but go check it out.

Thanks, I'll check,

Free_rhyme:

@choose4me
what is the name of the institution that gave u admission in sweden without TOEFL, and when did u apply, did u apply through STUDERA or how did u apply and wht is their website?

Why did you sound surprised,,Do you think its impossible or you think I dont know what Im saying, Well yea its through studera and the reason Nigerians dont need toefl is because our exams and education are in english, The is a thread on sweden visa.Find it and read through, You'll know all about it there.
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Freerhyme1(m): 9:52am On Nov 10, 2010
@choose4me,
Am not surprised, i only want to know the name of the institution that offered u admission in Sweden, cos i know Swedish institutions don't offer admissions without TOEFL tests,
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by stiffler: 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2011
hey all.
can u guys help me out, i score 5.5 in ielts now i want to apply for higher studies in finland, but its quite difficult for me to finde a college or university accpeting 5.5 bands, can anyone help me out with that?
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by capti: 7:51am On Jan 30, 2011
@ stiffler the minimum english requirement to finland UAS is toefl 79 and ielts 6.0. your score is below that, but you can apply for discretionary admission and they may consider you with your score.
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 30, 2011
@capti,pls when writing toefl,do i av 2 fill in d schs i intend going or not,b4 am aware universities in finland dont recognise result of toefl sent by student,but by toefl
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by stiffler: 9:20am On Jan 30, 2011
but can u please guide me about institutes in wich i can apply for undergraduation program?(finland). n thanks for a quick answer,
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by capti: 11:04pm On Jan 30, 2011
@ogbeche77, you will need to include the schools so that ETS can send your score to them directly. they can only accept, if it is sent directly from ETS.

@Stiffler you can apply through www.admissions.fi . i think you have to look at these school, Kymenlaakso University of Applied Sciences, Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Kemi-Tornio University of Applied Sciences, Central Ostrobothnia University of Applied Sciences, Oulu University of Applied Sciences. when you apply, write a letter stating that you are applying for discretionary admission and send to the schools you applied to with you SSCE  and a copy of ielts score. Hope this info helps. You can ask choose4me for additional info, he may have something to add.
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by Nobody: 3:26am On Feb 01, 2011
@ capiti, wink

You have said it all bro
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by stiffler: 7:38am On Mar 26, 2011
Thanks for all your help brothers, I have received invitation letter from finland. now there are to problems i am facing. the 1st one is with pre reading material for tourism because there is no pre reading material available. can anybody help me out with this? and the second one is with registeration for entry test. as my test center is nepal and i am from Pakistan. so i dnt know d procedure for registration. please help me to solve these problems, thaks,
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by usdane: 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
hi guys pls i nid info on wether a relative of mine in finland can apply for school for me, is it possible?/ is it better? tanks
Re: Shengen Schools Without Toefl Or Ielts: by stevencurrency: 2:20pm On Sep 08, 2012
Hussain555: @choose4me,
The idea of opening an account in Germany is really nice.
If things go wrong at home, I wouldn't be affected as I would be getting my money at 600+ euros per month from the Bank.

If you choose a University of Applied Sciences, you will have to pay enrollment fees of 500euros per semester and you can buy a 'semesterticket' for public transport around Germany.

But still, the thing that made things appear xpensive waz accommodation, which is around 200-400 euros (1 euro is about 210 naira) per month, depending on the location of your desired University. In Munich, it could go higher plus cost of living also.

Your best bet should be a school in Berlin.
Why?
It is the capital, cost of living lower, standard of living is better as per race mattaz(no one will really notice a 'black') but in smaller cities, they'll stare like 'isi-ewu'

for more enquiries, call this agent on 080hussain555, lol
you can check www.daad.de for more detailz.
just give the school name pls

(1) (Reply)

Our Experience At Nigerian High Commission London / Experience On Night Travelling, New Dimension To Robbery Due To Cashless Society / Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.