Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) (1560 Views)

Mr Right Crush ( A Story By Christopher Stanley) / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by McEphiks(m): 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
My name is Christopher Stanley.

I was born in the early nineties and grew up with love from both parents. Raised by Christian parent, they ensure I was taught the basics and fundamentals of life on how to live morally, mentally, spiritually, socially what it takes to ensure I have a successful life. But how have I fair over the years?

This is my escape from depression.

Typing......

Laslasticlala
Dominique
Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by McEphiks(m): 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2019
Growing up Stan (Short form of Stanley) was a bright intelligent young chap (Using both is not unnecessarily hyperbolic). Endowed and down to earth he was taught at an early age to do things on his own and learn to love others. Though poor, his father showed him love and cared as would any living parent could. Sic years after being brought to earth, Stan remains the only child and son of his parent. They had everything except money and good accommodations. "Life is not always fair my son" Hus father would tell him while walking back from the farm after a long day. Due to lack of money Stan didn't start schooling with his mate but learnt from his averagely educated father while at home. Until he was Seven, he had no access to formal education. On the 20th day of November after seven years of waiting he finally became a bug brother and his little sister whom his parent would name Endurance was born.

Typing........

2 Likes

Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by kaysmart4real(m): 5:20pm On Oct 05, 2019
Am sitting in the front sit for this story

1 Like

Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by McEphiks(m): 1:04am On Oct 06, 2019
The birth of Endurance brought about some luck to the family. His Dad farming yielded good produce that year and Stan was finally able to enroll in a school for the first time at age Eight. As the bright intelligent boy he is, he skipped three classes for the first session and was in Nursery two at the end of the session already. Starting with pace their family situation was really turning around for good except that little Endurance was baby colic. His mother almost got arrested in the market after her crying raised alarm thinking she stole the baby as she won't stop crying even after constant attempt to make her stop by breastfeeding her. She would cry all night long that the neighbours called her Akigbemaru, Atawewe, and names like that in Yoruba language. On the resumption of the next school section in the summer of 2001 Stan changed school and had to start from primary 3 after several test was done. In less than a year he has skipped four classes. What a brilliant boy! Life was really good to them now and Stan just loved the moment. His dad would always tell him to look up to God in everything he do but Stan, just like every other kid do not find it inspiring. He would tell his dad "Dad, can't I just face my life?" In response trying to convince him his dad would tell him stories from the Bible and gradually the boy fell in love with God. But just when he was falling in love, a tragedy happened.

typing.....

2 Likes

Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by McEphiks(m): 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
On this fateful day after a fulfilled day at school with the promotion examination at hand, Stan was eager to get home and break the news of his appointment as the time keeper of the school even when he was just in class 3. On getting home he met his mother in the kitchen cooking. Just like a typical African mom like yours that was a opportunity to send him errand and chores she would have done by herself if not for his arrival. The joy of his new prefect role combined with the aroma of the Rice which is an unusual one made him want to do anything at that moment. For now, nothing matters to him than the news. In most of Nigerian homes in the early 2000's you could attest to it that Rice is meant for special occasions or Sundays. Though baffled, his mind didn't remind him to ask what is going on. For a second he thought his mother heard the news before him and the Rice was for celebration but then he asked what's there to celebrate? Wandering in his thoughts he felt a tap on his shoulder with a strange bold voice. "Young man, you're all grown now" the voice told him without waiting for a reply with his eyes now glued to the total stranger he struggled to find his voice while also attempting to remember the face. All attempts proved futile as he opted to greet rather than just gaze at the already amazed stranger. "Miguo" he said with a cheeky smile on his face and without hesitation made way to the kitchen where his mother is cooking to announce the arrival of a strange man into their home only to be interrupted with the noise of his little sister crying from the bedroom and without thinking twice he zoomed off to the aid of his little sis. Though almost three now, she still cry like she did when she was a baby. On his way from the passage to the bedroom which was another single room separated from house he had one of his worst experience till date.

Typing........
Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by McEphiks(m): 9:52pm On Oct 07, 2019
Feet sprinting faster than ever he sped to the bedroom unknown to him that the door was slightly closed. Just when he was about to enter the room he hits his head at the edge of the slightly closed door. Eyes went pale, for a second he couldn't see, everything became dark. He thought he could scream but he felt life leaving him as he try remembering what happened. He heard someone calling his name. Whoever the person was he was not ready to answer. Not as if he could but the calling was persistent until he opened his eyes and the room cheered in unison a sign to show they were all waiting for me. Where am I, he questioned and before the blink of an eye the Doctor was there to examine him. He had spent three days in coma and that was his last chance according to the Doctor but he fought his way back to life. The look on his mother's face could tell how glad she was. Mixed with joy and tears her face was just like a candidate electioneering to get a certain position. Her smiles was mixed with wonders and excitement. His father who had remained silent all this while just took hold of his hand and tell him welcome my son. That was the beginning of a new journey in his life. For the next four days there were series of test been run to ascertain the level of injury the accident could have had on his brain. There surely might be a need for brain surgery which at that time is not available. He haven't said a word and all were eager for him to say something. His Parent and the stranger who he's just about to find out is his uncle had their eyes glued on him. He was embarrassed to speak and he felt a lot has happened over the days.

Typing.....

1 Like

Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by McEphiks(m): 5:47am On Oct 10, 2019
Sorry for Late update. My phone developed a little fault but its all sorted now.

Stan, still lost in thoughts if what could have happened struggled to stand. He was so weak and had to be helped to sit by his mother sitting right next to his bed. He felt his head and could tell he has been injured. Just then the stranger touched him again. He felt a bad feelings towards him blaming him for his misfortunes. With no sign of been impressed he tried to gaze away from the warm smile of the stranger. To him, he's the reason why he's lying down on the sick bed and shouldn't be here with him in the hospital. The Doctor came in and ran a couple of instruments on him which leaving him confused as he has never experienced such before but the cute and charming look of the young Doctor is one to admire for him. That moment he wants to be a Doctor. His mind was made up even on his sick bed and nothing would change that. After a couple of minutes the Doctor introduced himself as George. "You'll be fine" he said with a cheeky smile in his face. Turning to his mother the "We'll conduct some test. but for now you need to allow him rest" That was an easy message to pass across but to a mother who had watch her son lie unconscious for three days its difficult to accept even though she nodded in agreement. The moment the Doctor stepped out of the private room his mother started her own assessment including all parts that were not affected by the injury or damage to his head. Until now he is still not comfortable with the presence of the stranger and then the news came; "I'm going home to get something for us to eat, uncle will stay with you" announced his mother. In protest he wanted to shrug but the look on his mother's face is enough to pass the "You dare not" message across. "I know you must be surprised" his uncle said after his mom left and without waiting for his answer or approval he continued "I last saw you when you when 6 months old when your dad left home. He never wanted anyone to know where he is and won't even connect with anyone at home. I was worried, and wished I could see you my son. I'm more happy you now have a little sister just as cute as you. I'll allow you rest now, you should sleep we'll talk more when you wake"

Those words, though not emotional were touching to him. The stranger is now his blood and sounds caring to him. His thoughts about him just changed and will change more in days to come.

Typing........

2 Likes

Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by McEphiks(m): 10:31am On Oct 14, 2019
Its been 15 minutes since his uncle last utter any word to him but the words still baffles him and he wants to know why his dad had kept him away from this man all this while. Question and more questions is all he could think of as he keeps rehearsing how he'll bombard his father with question when he finally return. "But why" he managed to ask after he couldn't find a hint or a clue to Hus Father's decision. With his eyes gazed on the Television in the private ward his uncle might have missed the question hut the lad wasn't going to let that ruin his chance of getting to know something before the arrival of his dad and give him more clue on what and what not to ask when his dad is home. "Uncle" he mustered, only then did he realized his uncle hears him loud and clear enough. His voice, though tiny and weak was audible enough for him to have hear. I mean who watches over a kid and still get distracted by a television. With not much of a gaze his uncle stared at him and gave him a look of not a question for today. His uncle touched his cheeks and gently scratch them in a playful way teasing him to smile. He further eased the little boy's fear by telling him there little left to be seen back home. He went on to explain how his other uncle had fought his father over his own house, and Hus Father being a man of peace had opted to leave with his new born child to raise him peacefully without family problems. He explained to the listening ear of Stan how much his Father loved him and sacrificed all he had to keep his family alive. In conclusion, he told Stan "I'm not telling you this to hate anyone, I'm only telling you so you won't hate your dad for hiding you from home. You mean a lot to him and he'll do anything to protect you" Stan, now mesmerized by all he heard had more than he bargained for. Though, young he had full understanding of all his uncle had told him. "But" he was going to ask another question on what could have prompted his other uncle to act like that when the door opened and behold his dad looking both happy and sad if that's not unnecessarily hyperbolic to write. The joy of seeing his beloved son again and the sadness of been away for so long made him lost in thoughts for a moment. "Miguo' his brother greeted him in a traditional way of greeting elders in Urhobo. " Mavo" was Stan's Father's reply as he reached to hold his without waiting for the reply of his brother. His palm, though rough and thick as a result of hard work were still soft enough to cuddle his to make Stan feel better. With a smile on his face Stan greeted his dad and told him how much he missed school. The assurance of his dad that he'll be out of the hospital before the exams brings good news go his hearings but it wasn't to be. There were other plans, and of of course other hurdles to be skipped. Its the beginning of another journey for the young chap.

Typing......

1 Like

Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by McEphiks(m): 11:04am On Oct 14, 2019
The reunion was cut short as the Doctor walked in and demand to be excused. They were series if things done on him with different instruments he never had an idea what they were. There' will be more test he assumed and had learned. After a short time the Doctor instructed a Nurse to call his Dad and uncle in but this time they were four already as him Mom had bring along his little sister who had insisted in seeing his big brother. Doctor told his Father to see him in his office and his mother to press the button beside the bed if there's any strange reaction. Those words were frightful and his mother couldn't contain her fear and anxiously ask "I hope all is well, do we have anything to worry about" even though she knew quite well what the answered would be, she wanted an assurance of hope that her son is back alive and will get better with time. Men will always be men and Stan's dad didn't hesitate to shun her with a stern look. "I'll just come see you" the older man replied without giving time for more questions from his wife. He knew she could bombard the Doctor with more questions and he'll rather save the Doctor than have her get him embarrassed. With a chuckle and smile the Doctor walked out and it was down to the family again. Stan little sister Endurance, though young knew her brother was not healthy. With a weak smile he managed to stretch his hand for a touch which was firmly grabbed by his waiting sister. "Brother" she muttered as she's accustomed to as a sign of respect according to their parent. "Se E wa OK" the younger chap asked in Yoruba. With a nod Stan gave an affirmative answer though its was obvious how weak he was that a blind man might sense it, he felt its okay not to get everyone worried. His dad bade farewell as he prefer to hear from the Doctor than his wife. There was a short queue and a few people waiting to see the Doctor but the minute a Nurse saw him as he patiently sat beside the last person she walked to him to follow her. He stood and as they both made way to the Doctor's office there were sounds of murmur of why, how and what could lead to such "Oppression" as they had tagged it. Ignoring all of them they both walked briskly into the Doctor office. On arrival it was clear the Doctor had been waiting for him as he opened a file in front of him while waving him to sit just in front of him. "You're welcome Sir" the young Doctor said and without waiting for an answer he asked about work and how he has been fairing. All questioned were answer with a smile and "We thank God" He was a man of few words and his philosophy of "First things first" won't allow him entertain more question until he's fully aware of his child's health. Pointing to the file he was holding the Doctor told him your son had some part of his brain damaged as the injury went past the wall of the skull. Still shocked and trying to grab the full understanding of what he just heard a Nurse rushed in "Doctor! Doctor!! The patient in private ward room 11 is unconscious again she said while panting. What! That's the room his son was he thought to himself and off they both ran out to the room.

Typing.......

1 Like

Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by Gvnl(f): 6:29pm On Oct 15, 2019
Okay.... following.....
Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by McEphiks(m): 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2019
I'll be changing all the Stan to I. Since the story is about my life, I don't have any reason to hide it because of some ugly things.

Bear with me
Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by McEphiks(m): 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2019
They got there and Stan had just collapse. Special attention was paid to him and just like every Doctor would say "He's going to be fine"
....…..........................................
Its been three weeks since he got discharged and he's still being cared for at home. The holidays are here and he just want to return to school. The holiday went as boring and fast like he never wanted and the first term of the next session is here already. Fully fit and prepared he was ready to face the new term, not only as a prefect but as a leader. Did I mention Stan are Jehovah's Witness? Yea, they were and served God faithfully to the best of their ability. Back to the story. The first term was uneventful and there was no cause to worry.
Second session started just as the first but Stan have found a friend in Tola, a student whom he considered average academically. As am ambitious young boy he was, determined to be a Doctor he was busy calculating how long it'll take him to get to the universities when his friend told him he won't be waiting till the next class(Primary 5 in public school then) before getting admitted into a secondary school.
Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by McEphiks(m): 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2019
I've personalized all the Stan. The story is mine and I have no reason to be scared of bashing. After all, we all have a past.

Tola told me he'll just buy the common entrance form and prepare for the exams and that sound like a dare to me. If someone I considered average can dare such, why not me. My mom for sure wouldn't see it as an option neither would my dad as he'll listen to my mom ahead of me. I believed in my academics ability and would love to try. I was ready mentally after the discussion with Tola but I was still confused on how to tell my mom about it. A thought of telling a teacher comes to mind and there was no other person than uncle D whom, though fearful is very understanding. After a day at school I saw I'm before joining the guys on our way hone and told him my intentions. He was happy for me and promise to convince my mom on my behalf. He went a step further and bought me the entrance form which was #300 at the time, followed me home and told my mom there's no point keeping me in primary school for another year when I can skip it by writing an exam he believe I'll pass. The conversation didn't take long as my Mom wouldn't love to turn a respected teacher down especially after he had bought the form. He went home and my Mom asked if I'm ready for college life.

Updating..............
Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by McEphiks(m): 6:15pm On Oct 28, 2019
The whole term went peaceful as usual and Dad would occasionally check on us since he worked at Ondo state while we stayed in Ogun State. Spiritually I was still doing very well, obedient as always which attracts gifts and warn message from members our our then congregation. I am a charming cute guy, no packs (Lol.. who dey get packs at that young age) but with a cheeky smile which was almost a selling point then. How my Mom broke the news of the development to my dad remains mystical to me till date but I was glad she did, and it never bothered me to ask her how. Days turns into weeks and weeks into months, and the term was coming to an end with the entrance examination at Saint Anthony Grammar School, Esure, Ijebu imushin fast approaching. At first I was nervous at the thoughts there would be lots of more brilliant students and how I'll cope in their midst when we were just two from our school. I and Tola were the only students, tho not qualified by class but intellectually ready to take the huge step. We often discussed about how we'll fight back at the foretold bullies from older students from the students who are in college already. Back home, its no longer news and the jealous kids of our neighbor would always taunt me with the phrase "You think secondary school is like primary school ehn, if you even see 20th position thank God. you even choose Santos that's meant for students from Lagos" At that time it was a big deal to come from Lagos. Literally everything said by a lagosian is correct and no objection was made so the fear was already in me but there was little I could do to help it. My mom would always tell me not to mind them but still, I can't get it off my head. I was reading more, but what was I reading exactly, do I know what we be asked in the exams, the mentality of things are very difficult in college was already inculcated into my by our jealous neighbour's older kids. There's no turning back and I was going to face it no matter how it comes. Life is a battle and we live to fight daily.

Updating............

1 Like

Re: Tales Of A Orphan (true Life Story By Christopher Stanley) by McEphiks(m): 9:59pm On Oct 29, 2019
Finally the examination day is here and just like every other day woke up early to prepare. It was a day filled with anxiety and nervousness of what the future hold. I rushed my breakfast and head to go see Tola whose house is about a kilometer away from ours. Since the school is a bit far from home and is located in the next village my mom gave me #50 to transport and feed myself if there is a break. I got to Tola's house around 7:15am and he was ready for me. We headed to the bus station and waited less than 3 minutes. He was a bit taller than me so we lapped ourselves and saved #10 each for goodies after the exams. The sight of numerous students from different places was a beautiful one to behold, but then what I find encouraging is there are a lot more kids of my age range than I had learned. There was a few group standing behind the office I'd later learned belonged to the principal, perhaps waiting for clearance or so. About 40 minutes of our arrival while I was busy devouring the Pomo I had bought for #5 the bell rang and I can see the averagely built man who stood on the podium to address his potential new students. He introduced himself as Mr Oduselu and immediately inculcate fear into us. I'm ready for this I said to myself and worried less about what he thinks or say. Every other words from him were either not heard or paid attention by me. I know I'm ready and finally my confidence level is high.

Updating............

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Kudi Pos Fast And Other Related Info / Journalist/writer Needed Urgently And Would Be Paid Reasonably / How She Make Me Donate My Sperm (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.