Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Nigeria At 59: Dreams Are Not For The Young Alone? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 59: Dreams Are Not For The Young Alone? (257 Views)

EFCC Reacts To The Young Man Who Jumped From 7th Floor Of 1004 Estate / Senator Abba Moro Adopts Two Kids, Celebrates Nigeria At 59 With Orphans (Photo / Google Celebrates Nigeria At 59 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria At 59: Dreams Are Not For The Young Alone? by bsmithconcepts1(m): 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
“...your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions” – Joel 2:28b (Emphasis mine)

Yesterday I wrote on the need for us to dream again concerning our nation Nigeria. Today I will focus on the emphasis of the above quote from a verse in the Bible. Old people still dream, they have been given the capacity to do so without measure. The older we get the lesser we dream and begin to accept reality out of our unfulfilled desire and dreams.

This is the case concerning Nigeria, 59 years after her independence; her citizens are already losing hope. I am talking about those whose ages fall between the mid-40s upwards. They were the youths who still had hope of Nigerian getting better for themselves and their children. They are the ones who faced every military regime and rejoiced in the transition back to the civilian regime.

They are the ones who still believe and hope their votes count every election. They are the ones who have tried every leader who promised them to change. They are the ones who had dreams for political seats but did not have the connections right, or were dealt with a wrong card and had to leave the political field. They are the ones who are accepting the status quo bit by bit.

I have come to encourage and plead with you Sirs and Madams to dream once again, the Nigerian dream you once had, do not just dream it, share it. As instructed in the book of Habakkuk; make it plain, so they can run with you that read it. Your Nigerian dream needs to be revived; you are not too old to achieve it. It is not too late to pursue it.

Caleb dreamt of the Promised Land since he was given an image of it at age 40, there was a mountain he saw when they went to spy the land. He said to himself “this is mine” but due to the unbelief of others, that dream was delayed for another 40 years. He could have faulted others for spoiling his chances at achieving his dreams instead he held onto it.

At age 80, he had the chance of taking his mountain and he took it. Do you know why? Holding on to his dream and believing it is still achievable kept him strong. He told Joshua “as my strength was 40 years ago, it is the same now.”

What of Joseph, who had a dream at the age of 13 that excited him that he shared with everyone who gave him their audience. Because of jealousy, lust and forgetfulness every time he thought he was closer to achieving his dream something disappointing happens. Did he get discouraged? No, instead he stayed hopeful and 17 years later (in his 40s) his dream became reality.

Your age is just a number when it comes to realizing your dreams, as long as you believe it is possible. Do not let your dreams die as you get older, instead make it burn into an obsession. Your Nigerian dream matter, your greatness is tied to fulfilling it. When Nigeria is better, you will flourish and prosper more. Whatever success you have achieved so far will greatly multiply.

Do you still have a Nigerian Dream? What sector will your Nigerian dream transform? Remember your greatness lies in pursuing and realizing it. And you can be a teacher to the young ones who seem to lose hope in their dreams.

#WorldTeachersDay #HappyTeachersDay
#NigeriaAt59 #GodBlessNigeria
#GoodPeopleGreatNation #IAmANigerian and #IBelieveInANewNigeria

(1) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: Ekiti Begins N30, 000 Workers Payment, Injects New Teachers / Read About It: How We Blacks Empower Whites Yet Dis-empower Fellow Blacks! / Buhari's Dysfunctional Household's...Nigeria + APC + Aisha!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.