Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,058 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:10 AM

Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust (32975 Views)

Onitsha City Marathon: More Pictures From The Scene Of The Race / Bernard Sang Wins 2019 Onitsha City Marathon (Pictures) / Onitsha City Marathon Starts Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by AmericanQuarter: 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2019
Kenyans dominate first Onitsha City Marathon

Kenya’s Bernard Sang, 39, and Esther Chesand, 25, have won the male and female categories of maiden Onitsha City Marathon held in Onitsha, Anambra on Saturday. Sand won with 1.4:44 seconds.

Emmanuel Pam and Fadekemi Olude from Plateau came top as male and female champions of Nigerian nationality category in the 21 kilometer marathon race which started at about 6:30 a.m.

Pam was the overall 10th winner. William Amposah from Ghana finished overall fifth but was first west African to chest the rope. Augustine Nwafor was the first Onitsha man to finish. There was no presence of official of Anambra Government, especially from the State Sports Development Commission at the start point of the event and at the finishing line to receive and cheer the athletes. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that while the international marathon was going on in Onitsha, the Anambra Sports Commission officials were holding its monthly Walk for Life from Nteje Oyi council area to Aguleri in Anambra East Council. (NAN)

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/kenyans-dominate-firkenyas-bernard-sang-39-and-esther-chesand-25-have-won-the-male-and-female-categories-of-maiden-onitsha-city-marathon-held-in-onitsha-anambra-on-saturday-st-onitsha-ci.html

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by AmericanQuarter: 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2019
Some random pictures from today's Onitsha city marathon

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Beat123(f): 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
Kenyans and running

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by rentAcock(m): 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
When you have to chase animals for food and run away from lions for survival, your body has no choice but to adapt. I was lucky enough to travel to Europe for a conference, me and my friends went to a zoo and there were lions in cages; one of the oyinbo people asked if I'm very good with handling lions since I'm African, I laughed and told him we don't have lions in Nigeria, as a matter of fact I had to travel all the way to Germany to see lion for the first time.

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
Third to comment, i still dey form sha. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Na dem

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Dpharisee: 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Kenyan runners in Biafra land, Las Las we go dey ok grin

According to Afonjarudeens no foreigners will visit Igboland because of erosion grin

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by escandon(m): 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Kenya’s and marathon are like buhari and corruption

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Odunharry(m): 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Not surprised at all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by ThinkWISELY(m): 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Every time, upon all our practices

I give up to them

For our house kwa

Chai!

15 Likes

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Sukueponmalu: 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
Dem use run swear for Kenyans?

44 Likes

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Yellowgarri: 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
Right from the days of John the Baptist, Kenya has been winning marathon without violence

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by johncallidon(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
SEEN, NEXT?
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by SherylMiracle(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
Na Kenyans dey dominate on any marathon stuffs all around dah world.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Muyiwaipere(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
Why were you expecting before... Nigeria to win?
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Muyiwaipere(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
SaDr
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Authoreety: 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
Today's hold up, traffic and go slow no be child's play o

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Lataability(m): 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
I don't know why dem allow Kenyans to participate in the marathon when them know say na them go still win em

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
Na wa oo
How them take know say we dey do marathon for our zoo.

Na so Dem just run come chop the money.

grin Las Las na leg them take come naija

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by TwoBottles: 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
A Kenyan man once outran his shadow...

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
congrats to them
from naija

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by ednut1(m): 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2019
We do not really need these things. And if we must do. Abeg limit to only Nigerians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by TheAngry1: 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2019
What is the relationship between marathon and ShopRite? grin grin

We play too much

7 Likes

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Wiifesnatcher(m): 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2019
Dpharisee:
Kenyan runners in Biafra land, Las Las we go dey ok grin

According to Afonjarudeens no foreigners will visit Igboland because of erosion grin

low self esteem dey worry you. Kenyan visit Igbo land, so what happened next?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by bamasite(m): 9:55pm On Oct 05, 2019
Their natural talent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by ZiriMane(m): 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2019
how much did they win?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by careytommy37(m): 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2019
From the pics alone you will know those who ran and those who famz
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
TwoBottles:
A Kenyan man once outran his shadow...

Noooo
His shadow was tired of following him

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
Nah wah o! No nyamiri in the list of the champion...
Anambra state wan copy Lagos State.. the whole money generated annually in anambra no pass the one wey 2 local government generate annually...

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by pyro62(m): 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
They should check these Kenyans If they have blood in their veins or it's engine oil that flows in their body. Them no dey tire like machine.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neymar Steps Out In Style For The Launch Of His New Fragrance In Paris / Patrice Evra: I Was Sexually Abused By A Gay Man / World Cup 2018 Trophy Unveiled (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.