Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust (33017 Views)

Onitsha City Marathon: More Pictures From The Scene Of The Race / Bernard Sang Wins 2019 Onitsha City Marathon (Pictures) / Onitsha City Marathon Starts Today (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Kyledomaim: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
Kudos
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by vikithor(m): 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2019
learn how to drive very well, attend or refer someone to attend our Adult School class. see our contacts below
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by kikake: 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2019
Dpharisee:
Kenyan runners in Biafra land, Las Las we go dey ok grin

According to Afonjarudeens no foreigners will visit Igboland because of erosion grin
Truth is not hidden from rest of the world, including Kenyans.

Afonjas and Northern Nigeria of Islamic Sharia criminal laws are like bread and butter.

No matter how long the TAQQIYA goes on, truth must prevail at last: the 12 Sharia states that adopted Islamic Sharia criminal laws broke Nigeria into many countries. Crude oil and access to sea still hold the Sharia states to one Nigeria.

I want passengers for my taxi.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by captianfreeman(m): 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2019
Nigeria should stop organizing marathon races to discourage capital flight through payment of prize money.

That is because the foreigners will always win.
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 05, 2019
Omo, if na run, no just worry.

Just free them.

Since NTA 2 Channel 5 when them born me, anytime them dey show olympics games for running or advert, na always them o.

I wonder whats so interesting in the thing sef. Just running, running and running.

I mean, if they could add police dogs to the chase, just maybe things may get more interesting. cheesy
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by LabDNA: 10:14pm On Oct 05, 2019
Dpharisee:

According to Afonjarudeens no foreigners will visit Igboland because of erosion grin

Lol@ Afonjarudeens, where do you guy get these slangs from for Christ's sake? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by iLegendd(m): 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2019
It's good to be great at something. Since it's not fraud or corruption, Nigerians won't take first.
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Thane(m): 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
Congrats to the organizers of the event for pulling through despite the sabotage from the state govt. Its just sad that an IAAF rated event like this that could have put the city in good light was overlooked by the state for whatsoever reason it is
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Anambralstson: 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
Anambra State government officials were present.
Mr. Izuchukwu Udegbunam, the President of Bunubunu Culture and Sporting company is partnering the Anambra State Ministry of Diaspora Affairs, Indigenous Artworks, Culture and Tourism in ensuring that all the international and Nigerian elite athletes that participated in the marathon are well taken care of.

The working government of Chief Willie Obiano equally provided the #discoverAnambra Innoson long bus that will convey the athletes to their hotel and other places of interest.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Anambralstson: 10:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
Innoson long bus that conveyed the athletes to their hotel and other places of interest.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Baroba(m): 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
glink2015:
Nah wah o! No nyamiri in the list of the champion...
Anambra state wan copy Lagos State.. the whole money generated annually in anambra no pass the one wey 2 local government generate annually...

You have been recognised, now buzz off; you probably don't have one plot in the so called Lagos you claim..People living in squalor claiming Lag. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Anambralstson: 10:29pm On Oct 05, 2019
It doesn’t end with the race....

Onitsha City Marathon-ers experienced the unique ambience of the city of Onitsha and Anambra State.

The international athletes who participated in the history making 21km Marathon in Onitsha visited Ogbunike cave; which is one of Nigeria’s most impressive natural wonders hiding in Anambra State.

They were warmly received by the King Of Ogbunike kingdom, Igwe John Ositadimma Umenyiora.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Anambralstson: 10:36pm On Oct 05, 2019
More

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by betterpikinn: 10:40pm On Oct 05, 2019
Dpharisee:

And no osu came close to 10th position... What a big Biafra shame grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Leo588(m): 10:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
escandon:
Kenya’s and marathon are like buhari and corruption

angry grin grin grin angry grin

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by ultimate77(m): 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2019
Authoreety:
Today's hold up, traffic and go slow no be child's play o

Na leg I carry go house from Hero to asaba today. Na my 5th time. I don taya for this place.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by CanadaOrBust: 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
pyro62:
They should check these Kenyans If they have blood in their veins or it's engine oil that flows in their body. Them no dey tire like machine.

Na jus their talent. Every country have their own talent.
Make them try have marathon in scamming. Kenya no go see our back
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by mechanics(m): 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2019
Beat123:
Kenyans and running
lolz, doing what they know how to do best.
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by LabDNA: 11:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
Authoreety:
Today's hold up, traffic and go slow no be child's play o

I wanted to drive to Asaba today, thank God say I no try am.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by LabDNA: 11:29pm On Oct 05, 2019
ultimate77:

Na leg I carry go house from Hero to asaba today. Na my 5th time. I don taya for this place.

Lol..

My guy before I go anywhere for Onitsha, I use google maps to check for possible traffic spots along the route and see if I can pass an alternative route. Once I cross into Asaba after 10 am, I'm not coming back that day until 6am the next day when the bridge is free.
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Gwagone: 11:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
Beat123:
Kenyans and running
5&6

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by revolt(m): 11:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
Una wan try Kenyans for race loooooolllll
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by uuzba(m): 11:54pm On Oct 05, 2019
ThinkWISELY:
Every time, upon all our practices

I give up to them

For our house kwa

Chai!
Kenyans are actually adapted internally to the long distance races. Something about bigger kidney, liver or heart due to their high altitude country.
So you can't really train to beat them. You have to take medication/chemicals to do that.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by bong4(m): 12:12am On Oct 06, 2019
This OP is funny. Which one is, "....first Onitsha man..."?
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by edoairways: 12:27am On Oct 06, 2019
pyro62:
They should check these Kenyans If they have blood in their veins or it's engine oil that flows in their body. Them no dey tire like machine.
These are some of the reasons why Kenyans perform well in long distance race;
1.Skinny legs
One key to Kenyans’ superior endurance is their skinny legs. Skinny legs that we all want, but don’t have On average, a Kenyan’s leg is 400g lighter than their competitors, which translates to an energy saving of 8% when running. Over long distances, this small genetic advantage can really give Kenyans a leg up.
2) Kenyans are accustomed to high altitude environments
Another reason that explains the stellar performance of Kenyans is the high altitude environment they live in. Located in Africa, Kenya is a mountainous country with The Great Rift Valley running through it from North to South. With plateaus reaching an average height of 1500m, Kenyans get to experience “high-altitude training” daily, and such an environment lends itself well to running
3) Their drive to succeed
Above all else comes a simple factor. Kenyans succeed in athletics because of their motivation and hard work. Every year, many Kenyans train to go professional because of poverty in their country, which pushes them to chase after every opportunity they can get.

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by madenigga(m): 12:36am On Oct 06, 2019
Congrats to them. One love Africa
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by ikubese: 1:00am On Oct 06, 2019
This one no be news.. Na them go win am before!

I'm back again with another maaaad beat, don't forget to like, subscribe, and share..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx0f2pyWjE4
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by netflicks(m): 2:07am On Oct 06, 2019
Marathon is their birth right no one can take it away from them... cheesy
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by astrodome: 2:25am On Oct 06, 2019
Dpharisee:

This is very childish and petty. Everything must not be ethnicized.
Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Chomy101: 2:26am On Oct 06, 2019
4 real dy try joor
netflicks:
Marathon is their birth right no one can take it away from them... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Dominate First Onitsha City Marathon- Dailytrust by Chomy101: 2:27am On Oct 06, 2019
4 sure nwanne oh
mechanics:
lolz, doing what they know how to do best.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lukaku Blasts EA FIFA21 Ratings / Patrice Evra: I Was Sexually Abused By A Gay Man / World Cup 2018 Trophy Unveiled (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.