Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:47 PM

The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos (6899 Views)

Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War / Borgu Leaders Meet Buhari, Demand State Creation (photos) / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
Time to set the records straight.

The worst thing that happened to the Igbos after the civil war was State creation. It was done to cut the igbo nation to size and relegate them to a political minority.

In addition, it separated igbo villages, communities, and brethren into artificial territories that we call states.

These Igbo territories are mostly in the political south south region and few in the middle belt.

Now the problem is that when Igbos point out this injustice or try to relate to their folks in other territories, they face a surge of attacks and accusations of
Land grabbers'
Expansionist
attache by force
etc.

When in reality, they just want to reach out to other Igbos trapped in fake states created by Nigeria.

These accusations mostly come from a particular part of the country that really hate Igbos but also hate to see them go or succeed.

But apart from those hateful folks, there are strong elements in the artificial south south and middle belt territories that echo the same false sentiments

"Igbos are only limited in the south east. the rest in outside are just migrants"

The solution:
Its time we have a real Pan-Igbo organization that truly includes all Igbo clans in Nigeria including those in the middle belt areas. Ohaneze has really failed in this area. Some people have a vested interest in seeing the Igbo nation divided and weakened. We must make sure that they fail.

cc: Pazienza

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Tolexander: 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
Same with Yoruba, but no one is crying here

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by funmijoyb(f): 10:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
horsepower101:
Time to set the records straight.

The worst thing that happened to the Igbos after the civil war was State creation. It was done to cut the igbo nation to size and relegate them to a political minority.

In addition, it separated igbo villages, communities, and brethren into artificial territories that we call states.

These Igbo territories are mostly in the political south south region and few in the middle belt.

Now the problem is that when Igbos point out this injustice or try to relate to their folks in other territories, they face a surge of attacks and accusations of
Land grabbers'
Expansionist
attache by force
etc.

When in reality, they just want to reach out to other Igbos trapped in fake states created by Nigeria.

These accusations mostly come from a particular part of the country that really hate Igbos and but also hate to see them go or succeed.

But apart from those hateful folks, there are strong elements in the artificial south south and middle belt territories that echo the same false sentiments

"Igbos are only limited in the south east. the rest in outside are just migrants"

The solution:
Its time we have a real Pan-Igbo organization that truly includes all Igbo clans in Nigeria including those in the middle belt areas. Ohaneze has really failed in this area. Some people have a vested interest in seeing the Igbo nation divided and weakened. We must make sure that they fail.

No native igbo in d middle belt or northern part.

Biafra is a complete joke if five states is not enough for you guyz

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2019
funmijoyb:

No true native igbo in d middle belt or northern part.

Never mentioned Biafra. This thread is not about Biafra.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by funmijoyb(f): 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2019
Tolexander:
Abi o

Part of yorubas are in Kogi, kwara and togo and Benin .

We're not lamenting

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Tolexander: 10:29pm On Oct 05, 2019
funmijoyb:

Abi o

We're not lamenting
you have omitted Edo and Delta states

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
funmijoyb:

Abi o

We're not lamenting

I will be happy the day yoruba territories both within Nigeria and Outside Nigeria are reunited into one group. Yorubas are victims of both Europeans and nigerians colonist government when it comes to natural territories. I dont think any Igbo man will be against that.

But for some reason, when it comes to Igbos, you yorubas lose your mind. The blind hatred instantly cloud your thinking.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by kettykin: 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
funmijoyb:

Abi o

We're not lamenting

you are not lamenting because you dont care or value them, if you did there would have been a massive campaign to unite them

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Commentor: 10:34pm On Oct 05, 2019
But you clamoured for more states and got it.
Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by immortalityk: 10:37pm On Oct 05, 2019
These people don't see the dumbness in their posts and it surprises me at times
Going by this novice logic
Yorubas are actually worse off in this mere geographical expression called Nigeria
For example
These people crying ,their states are actually not more than in 3 to 4 states at most where they have large numbers
Rivers delta are the ones having highest population
While Benue Kogi Edo have little population
Now contrast to yorubas who are not crying
Yorubas have their brothers in states that are not sw
Kwara state, Kogi state where they are bullied
They have little presence in Edo and itsekiri delta
Now let's go a bit far
The capital of Benin republic is porto novo also known as ajashe
U can Google about the capital of Benin republic
The past president of Benin republic came to meet ooni of ife ,his name is boni yayi
U can Google the news where he said he was yoruba
The capital of Benin republic is not Cotonou before some nonetity quote me
Now yorubas have huge lands in Benin republic
The capital of Benin republic is yoruba land,ajashe
Yorubas are also in another country again,Togo
Yorubas have every right to complain about yorubas being only in sw
What about kwara Kogi Edo delta itshekri Benin republic and Togo
These people are very paranoid

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Tolexander: 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2019
kettykin:

you are not lamenting because you dont care or value them, if you did there would have been a massive campaign to unite them
they are meant to look for how to unite with us, not us hustling to unite with them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 10:42pm On Oct 05, 2019
immortalityk:
These people don't see the dumbness in their posts and it surprises me at times
Going by this novice logic
Yorubas are actually worse off in this mere geographical expression called Nigeria
For example
These people crying ,their states are actually not more than in 3 to 4 states at most where they have large numbers
Rivers delta are the ones having highest population
While Benue Kogi Edo have little population
Now contrast to yorubas who are not crying
Yorubas have their brothers in states that are not sw
Kwara state, Kogi state where they are bullied
They have little presence in Edo and itsekiri delta
Now let's go a bit far
The capital of Benin republic is porto novo also known as ajashe
U can Google about the capital of Benin republic
The past president of Benin republic came to meet ooni of ife ,his name is boni yayi
U can Google the news where he said he was yoruba
The capital of Benin republic is not Cotonou before some nonetity quote me
Now yorubas have huge lands in Benin republic
The capital of Benin republic is yoruba land,ajashe
Yorubas are also in another country again,Togo
Yorubas have every right to complain about yorubas being only in sw
What about kwara Kogi Edo delta itshekri Benin republic and Togo
These people are very paranoid

Oga Lets say the truth for once. The real reason yorubas are not so called "crying" is that UNLIKE what you guys always do to Igbos, no one is accusing you of land grabbing. Yet you guys do that to Igbos

WHY?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 10:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
kettykin:

Plus if they are serious to unite with their brethrens, no Igbo man or woman will resist them. In fact we will offer them our moral support BUT for some reason, these yoruba folks have a vested interest in seeing the continued artificial division of Igboland.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by IGBOSON1: 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2019
Tolexander:
they are meant to look for how to unite with us, not us hustling to unite with them.

It all depends on the mode of seperation and its intent! If the intention was malevolent and aimed at whittling down Yoruba original size and influence, then one would expect the 'mainland' Yoruba to inform their kinsfolk that have been cut away and deceived as to what is really going on...either that, or you stand the chance of loosing them forever and having the limits and boundaries of Yorubaland defined by the very hateful people out to do you harm! In other words, the ball is in your court and you have to initiate moves to reconcile the entire Yoruba race under one roof!

7 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by immortalityk: 10:51pm On Oct 05, 2019
horsepower101:

Oga Lets say the truth for once. The real reason yorubas are not so called "crying" is that UNLIKE what you guys always do to Igbos, no one is accusing you of land grabbing. Yet you guys do that to Igbos

WHY?
I'm a Yoruba person and I didn't do anything to Igbo
U are living in a fantasy
I've never done anything to any Igbo in my life
So why accusing me

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 10:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
IGBOSON1:

It all depends on the mode of seperation and its intent! If the intention was malevolent and aimed at whittling down Yoruba original size and influence, then one would expect the 'mainland' Yoruba to inform their kinsfolk that have been cut away and deceived as to what is really going on...either that, or you stand the chance of loosing them forever and having the limits and boundaries of Yorubaland defined by the very hateful people out to do you harm! In other words, the ball is in your court and you have to initiate moves to reconcile the entire Yoruba race under one roof!

Exactly the INTENT is the biggest factor.

If those Igbos outside the south-east left willingly and no one forcefully carved them out, no igbo in the south east will care. They will respect that decision and move on.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 10:59pm On Oct 05, 2019
immortalityk:

I'm a Yoruba person and I didn't do anything to Igbo
U are living in a fantasy
I've never done anything to any Igbo in my life
So why accusing me

Of course I am not accusing you specifically I am speaking of your brethren who harbor those strong sentiments. Maybe you can explain why they hate to see igbos unite with their people outside the south east. If you dont know, then move on. Nothing against you personally.

5 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by LabDNA: 11:00pm On Oct 05, 2019
Are all these threads really neccesary for christ's sake?

What do you guys want really?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 11:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
LabDNA:
Are all these threads really neccesary for christ's sake?

What do you guys want really?

It is actually necessary. There is a lot of misinformation flying around and it is important to see different sides of the story by seeing what various opinions are.

But most importantly, use all the information that you see in various related threads and do your personal research. Eventually, you will figure out the truth for yourself.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by LabDNA: 11:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
horsepower101:

It is actually necessary. There is a lot of misinformation flying around and it is important to see different sides of the story by seeing what various opinions are.

But most importantly, use all the information that you see in various related threads and do your personal research. Eventually, you will figure out the truth for yourself.

For how long will you keep trying to deceive yourself that people who actually know that SE/SS are contiguous cousins but are not happy because it doesn't augur well for their political narratives and wants will suddenly turn a new leaf. Good luck with that.

Anyway, visit our laboratories for your reliable medical and DNA tests.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 11:25pm On Oct 05, 2019
LabDNA:

For how long will you keep trying to deceive yourself that people who actually know that SE/SS are contiguous cousins but are not happy because it doesn't augur well for their political narratives and wants will suddenly turn a new leaf. Good luck with that.

Anyway, visit our laboratories for your reliable medical and DNA tests.

I agree but i still have to set the records straight for the younger folks who have no idea of the truth and can easily be manipulated to believe propaganda against Igbos.

goodluck with your hustle.

6 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by mrvitalis(m): 11:28pm On Oct 05, 2019
Tolexander:
Thats your business ...maybe u don't value ur brothers

The number saying in Igbo land is.... don't leave your brother behind ...

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 11:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
mrvitalis:

Thats your business ...maybe u don't value ur brothers

The number saying in Igbo land is.... don't leave your brother behind ...

Exactly!!!
Its like saying "I don't care to reunite with my brothers but I also don't want you to unite with your brothers". As if we have to do things on their terms.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by valenu(m): 11:42pm On Oct 05, 2019
Yorubas should mind their business and stop comparing themselves with the Igbos. If the Yorubas do not want to be united with their brothers, they should allow Igbos who wish to be reunited with their brothers to do so. Yorubas should stop witch hunting the Igbos as no one is better than the other. The fact that a man is OK living in different town with his wife does not mean another man is OK with it. That man should not expect other men to do same, after all, the man is not a role model to others.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by valenu(m): 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
funmijoyb:

No true native igbo in d middle belt or northern part.

True igbo? U mean some Igbos are fake? What makes them fake please? I want to learn.

3 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by valenu(m): 11:45pm On Oct 05, 2019
Tolexander:
Read my comment

3 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 11:49pm On Oct 05, 2019
valenu:
Yorubas should mind their business and stop comparing themselves with the Igbos. If the Yorubas do not want to be united with their brothers, they should allow Igbos who wish to be reunited with their brothers to do so. Yorubas should stop witch hunting the Igbos as no one is better than the other. The fact that a man is OK living in different town with his wife does not mean another man is OK. That man should not expect other men to do same, after all, the man is not a role model to others.

They are so against anything Igbo to the point that they are willing to hurt themselves as long as Igbos are hurt. People like these are dangerous and never reliable because their sole mission in life is to see you fail and rejoice at your failure.

Their mentality is " How dare you be better than us". " You were supposed to remain dead after the civil war"

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by valenu(m): 11:53pm On Oct 05, 2019
All I have observed is that Yorubas are like, a poor student who knows he's poor but not willing to study harder and is not happy to see his fellow poor student study harder to be a better. Whenever a group of Yorubas says they want their oduduwa, Igbos feel very happy but if it were the Igbos shouting for biafra, the Yoruba get pained.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by valenu(m): 11:57pm On Oct 05, 2019
horsepower101:

They are so against anything Igbo to the point that they are willing to hurt themselves as long as Igbos are hurt. People like these are dangerous and never reliable because their sole mission in life is to see you fail and rejoice at your failure.

Their mentality is " How dare you be better than us". " You were supposed to remain dead after the civil war"
That was how Ojukwu set Awolowo free from the calabar prison to go and set his people free from Nigeria after being imprisoned by those Hausa soldiers in charge of government. Awolowo agreed only to change his mind when those Hausa soldiers offered him the position of the minister of finance. Those soldiers later dealt with him until he prefered to die.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by LegendHero(m): 11:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
horsepower101:

You guys are being mischievous. The Yorubas right from the inception of this failed entity called Nigeria have always been about ourself and we always try not to meddle with any other tribe or ethic group.

Where exactly have the Yorubas ever wronged the Igbos? How exactly did we hurt you to always get this magnitude of hate from you? Can you in a simple sentence tell me the sin of the Yorubas against the Igbos?

I’m waiting!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by immortalityk: 11:59pm On Oct 05, 2019
horsepower101:

Of course I am not accusing you specifically I am speaking of your brethren who harbor those strong sentiments. Maybe you can explain why they hate to see igbos unite with their people outside the south east. If you dont know, then move on. Nothing against you personally.
Maybe they just making fun of u and u are overreacting and being paranoid
The yorubas u see commenting are just being playful and living their lives
The people u should be concerned about is Hausa Fulani who don't speak on the net but are always scheming
That's where your problem lies,not yorubas

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 12:00am On Oct 06, 2019
valenu:
All I have observed is that Yorubas are like, a poor student who knows he's poor but not willing to study harder and is not happy to see his fellow poor student study harder to be a better. Whenever a group of Yorubas says they want their oduduwa, Igbos feel very happy but if it were the Igbos shouting for biafra, the Yoruba get pained.

In fact they want one Nigeria only because they see it as the only way of caging and confining Igbos and limiting their true potential. They love the fact that Nigeria doesn't give Igbos equal playing field. So that way they can use their lopsided achievements to brag about how advanced they are.

But if you tell them okay; you claim to have it all, fight for Oduduwa and let us fight for Biafra, then all of a sudden you become their biggest enemy.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Our Officer Didn't Shoot Any Medical Doctor - Delta PPRO, DSP Edafe / Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! / "DORA AKUNYULI'S" Death- Lesson For The Igbos. -koboko69

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.