Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos (7001 Views)

Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War / Borgu Leaders Meet Buhari, Demand State Creation (photos) / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by LegendHero(m): 12:00am On Oct 06, 2019
valenu:

That was how Ojukwu set Awolowo free from the calabar prison to go and set his people free from Nigeria after being imprisoned by those Hausa soldiers in charge of government. Awolowo agreed only to change his mind when those Hausa soldiers offered him the position of the minister of finance. Those soldiers later dealt with him until he prefered to die.

You guys problem is that you believe the lies perpetrated by your elders without thorough research on your own. Ojukwu never released Awolowo, Gowon did.

Attached is the image where Gowon released Awolowo, and this is even gazetted in the New York times with the official speech of Gowon then.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by valenu(m): 12:00am On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

You guys are being mischievous. The Yorubas right from the inception of this failed entity called Nigeria have always been about ourself and we always try not to meddle with any other tribe or ethic group.

Where exactly have the Yorubas ever wronged the Igbos? How exactly did we hurt you to always get this magnitude of hate from you? Can you in a simple sentence tell me the sin of the Yorubas against the Igbos?

I’m waiting!
The first person to comment and others that followed in this post discouraged the idea. That's part of your wrongs. It's better you mind your business than discouraging others. Cos, they won't like u killing their effort.

5 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by valenu(m): 12:03am On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

You guys problem is that you believe the lies perpetrated by your elders without thorough research on your own. Ojukwu never released Awolowo, Gowon did.

Attached is the image where Gowon released Awolowo, and this is even gazettes in New York times with the official speech of Gowon then.
That was photoahoped

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by LegendHero(m): 12:05am On Oct 06, 2019
valenu:

The first person to comment and others that followed in this post discouraged the idea. That's part of your wrongs. It's better you mind your business than discouraging others. Cos, they won't like u killing their effort.

Bro, I was part of the former thread that started all this discussion. What you guys don’t understand is that the SS’ners are also wary of you guys, they might choose to be silent because of the bond of brotherhood.

You also have an issue of always dragging the Yorubas into your discussion, initially the AkwaIbomites are responding on that thread before someone tried tagging them Yorubas all of a sudden before the Yorubas on Nairaland started contributing to that thread.

Throughout history, the Yorubas have always respected other tribes, that was why most people thought we are gentle, it’s just that we are not confrontational but you guys are starting to see that as weakness.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 12:07am On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

You guys are being mischievous. The Yorubas right from the inception of this failed entity called Nigeria have always been about ourself and we always try not to meddle with any other tribe or ethic group.

Where exactly have the Yorubas ever wronged the Igbos? How exactly did we hurt you to always get this magnitude of hate from you? Can you in a simple sentence tell me the sin of the Yorubas against the Igbos?

I’m waiting!

Listen, I have been on this forum long enough to know that You know that what I said is true. I am not interested in nitpicking examples.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by LegendHero(m): 12:08am On Oct 06, 2019
valenu:

That was photoahoped

That shit was not photoshopped, it was the truth. You can’t photoshop that kind of image. I can even give you the link to the gazette to the speech of Gowon that day. I will find it and paste it here if I see it.

Ask yourself, Awolowo was jailed under the authority of the federal government, if Ojukwu had released him before the Biafran war like you claimed, the federal troops would have arrested him back the moment he set foot in the western region.

The fact that Awolowo was not arrested in the west then by the soldiers showed he was released by the federal government. There is also a thread that did justice to that discussion and I was amazed that you can claim Ojukwu released Awolowo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by LegendHero(m): 12:10am On Oct 06, 2019
horsepower101:

Listen, I have been on this forum long enough to know that You know that what I said is true. I am not interested in nitpicking examples.

What you said is subjective to be honest. The genesis of all the usual Yoruba - Igbo hatred on Nairaland started with the ouster of Jonathan, since then all hell has been let loose by you guys.

I’m asking you what wrong exactly did the Yorubas did to the Igbos to give birth to this constant rancour on both sides.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 12:15am On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

What you said is subjective to be honest. The genesis of all the usual Yoruba - Igbo hatred on Nairaland started with the ouster of Jonathan, since then all hell has been let loose by you guys.

I’m asking you what wrong exactly did the Yorubas did to the Igbos to give birth to this constant rancour on both sides.

Absolutely not true. I have been visiting nairaland since 2009. The Hatred was there and very strong even before jonathan luckily became president.

Folks like to LIE that nairaland was peaceful before Jonathan presidency. Even Seun the founder of nairaland will laugh in your face.

In fact Nairaland has calmed down and its mostly boring these days.

3 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by LegendHero(m): 12:17am On Oct 06, 2019
horsepower101:

Absolutely not true. I have been visiting nairaland since 2009. The Hatred was there and very strong even before jonathan luckily became president.

Folks like to LIE that nairaland was peaceful before Jonathan presidency. Even Seun the founder of nairaland will laugh in your face.

Hatred was brine out of the issue of competition pre the defeat of Jonathan. The hatred escalated when Jonathan was removed out of power.

Before the Yoruba and Igbos are just about competition and claiming glory for their sons and daughter achievement in Nigeria and diaspora.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by valenu(m): 12:32am On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

Bro, I was part of the former thread that started all this discussion. What you guys don’t understand is that the SS’ners are also wary of you guys, they might choose to be silent because of the bond of brotherhood.

You also have an issue of always dragging the Yorubas into your discussion, initially the AkwaIbomites are responding on that thread before someone tried tagging them Yorubas all of a sudden before the Yorubas on Nairaland started contributing to that thread.

Throughout history, the Yorubas have always respected other tribes, that was why most people thought we are gentle, it’s just that we are not confrontational but you guys are starting to see that as weakness.
That's good and interesting my brother. Pls, Igbos should stop dragging Yorubas into their affairs and all those claiming to be Yorubas and that Yorubas are not crying, okay stop it. Oya, case closed full stop

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Afamed: 12:35am On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

Hatred was brine out of the issue of competition pre the defeat of Jonathan. The hatred escalated when Jonathan was removed out of power.

Before the Yoruba and Igbos are just about competition and claiming glory for their sons and daughter achievement in Nigeria and diaspora.
Stop wasting your time with those niggas.They will give you over 10000 reasons why Fulani/ Hausas and Yorubas are bane to the development of SE. They will tell you Fulanis / Hausas and Yorubas are the reasons why they have not made billion in their life

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by LegendHero(m): 2:24am On Oct 06, 2019
valenu:

That was how Ojukwu set Awolowo free from the calabar prison to go and set his people free from Nigeria after being imprisoned by those Hausa soldiers in charge of government. Awolowo agreed only to change his mind when those Hausa soldiers offered him the position of the minister of finance. Those soldiers later dealt with him until he prefered to die.

I have laid my hands on the original newspaper from the New York Times published August 5 1966.

Yakubu Gowon Released Awolowo and that is the Truth that will live till eternity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by AdoIfHitlerr(f): 4:27am On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
But you clamoured for more states and got it.
[/s]
Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by selemempe: 5:21am On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

I’m waiting!
a thread was created to highlight the injustices of state creation against Igbos. Yorubas was not mentioned by the op but guess who replied first to the post.

Chai

I say it again and again...the number enemy of Igbos are the westerners. They are 80% of the so called 'we the south south'. Their duty here is to find Igbo threads and shït on it.

What is our business that yorubas don't care about their lands outside south West? Should it somehow translate that because yorubas don't care about oduduwa Republic or their land in north, Igbos should therefore not care about Biafra or our lands in south south?

I repeat..we must fight and defeat the north but we must first fight the west to survive

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by LegendHero(m): 5:26am On Oct 06, 2019
selemempe:
a thread was created to highlight the injustices of state creation against Igbos. Yorubas was not mentioned by the op but guess who replied first to the post.

Chai

I say it again and again...the number enemy of Igbos are the westerners. They are 80% of the so called 'we the south south'. Their duty here is to find Igbo threads and shït on it.

What is our business that yorubas don't care about their lands outside south West? Should it somehow translate that because yorubas don't care about oduduwa Republic or their land in north, Igbos should therefore not care about Biafra or our lands in south south?

I repeat..we must fight and defeat the north but we must first fight the west to survive

This is a thread I opened today, you can join the discussion.
https://www.nairaland.com/5455724/superiority-western-region-1969-published

The Yorubas since the inception of Nigeria had been the most successful, developed, and peaceful region. We have coordinated our lives in a gentle manner and made sure we exhibit little interference in the affairs of other ethnic regions. The reason I contributed on this thread was borne out of the earlier thread that addressed the issue of the Akwa-Ibomites and the Igbos. Nairaland is a global platform and its normal for all tribes to contribute on every thread, so what are you really talking about?

6 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 6:13am On Oct 06, 2019
selemempe:

Chai

@ the bolded

They really like to be anti-igbo in everything that they do. If Igbos say the sky is blue, the yorubas will immediately say no it is green. This is inferiority complex at the extreme.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Anago0147: 6:14am On Oct 06, 2019
horsepower101:

. The dude you quoted is a newbie here.I mean who would compare the hatred spewed here pre 2009 to what is obtainable here now?

It was like the second Nigerian civil war was going to start here on nairaland.fast forward to 2015,it was nothing but political differences that can be traced as the cause but 2009-2014 was nothing but tribal war between igbos and the rest of the country

I was part of those who fought the e-tribal war here

5 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 06, 2019
funmijoyb:
No true native igbo in d middle belt or northern part.
Biafra is a complete joke if five states is not enough for you guyz

They will be the first to arrive.
Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 06, 2019
funmijoyb:
Abi o
Part of yorubas are in Kogi, kwara and togo and Benin .
We're not lamenting

More reason, you guys need to move back to Benin and Togo.

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 6:18am On Oct 06, 2019
Anago0147:
. The dude you quoted is a newbie here.I mean who would compare the hatred spewed here pre 2009 to what is obtainable here now?

It was like the second Nigerian civil war was going to start here on nairaland.fast forward to 2015,it was nothing but political differences that can be traced as the cause but 2009-2014 was nothing but tribal war between igbos and the rest of the country

I was part of those who fought the e-tribal war here

Lol. those days on Nairaland was intersting. Those were the days when people used to threaten each other to meet on the street for a fight.

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 06, 2019
immortalityk:
These people don't see the dumbness in their posts and it surprises me at times
Going by this novice logic
Yorubas are actually worse off in this mere geographical expression called Nigeria
For example
These people crying ,their states are actually not more than in 3 to 4 states at most where they have large numbers
Rivers delta are the ones having highest population
While Benue Kogi Edo have little population
Now contrast to yorubas who are not crying
Yorubas have their brothers in states that are not sw
Kwara state, Kogi state where they are bullied
They have little presence in Edo and itsekiri delta
Now let's go a bit far
The capital of Benin republic is porto novo also known as ajashe
U can Google about the capital of Benin republic
The past president of Benin republic came to meet ooni of ife ,his name is boni yayi
U can Google the news where he said he was yoruba
The capital of Benin republic is not Cotonou before some nonetity quote me
Now yorubas have huge lands in Benin republic
The capital of Benin republic is yoruba land,ajashe
Yorubas are also in another country again,Togo
Yorubas have every right to complain about yorubas being only in sw
What about kwara Kogi Edo delta itshekri Benin republic and Togo
These people are very paranoid

Then organize them and move out
SW really need to be grateful to Lord lugard.
Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by oyatz(m): 6:28am On Oct 06, 2019
States in Nigeria are administrative units and they don't necessarily define ethnic groups.

Any Nigerian can belong to any ethnic group they want.

horsepower101:

Exactly the INTENT is the biggest factor.

If those Igbos outside the south-east left willingly and no one forcefully carved them out, no igbo in the south east will care. They will respect that decision and move on.
Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Anago0147: 6:39am On Oct 06, 2019
horsepower101:

Lol. those days on Nairaland was intersting. Those were the days when people used to threaten each other to meet on the street for a fight.
. I would have pulled a gun on one egghead and the other Anago if I had met them aswear
Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by horsepower101: 6:41am On Oct 06, 2019
oyatz:
States in Nigeria are administrative units and they don't necessarily define ethnic groups.

Any Nigerian can belong to any ethnic group they want.

Unfortunately, for some people, it is in their heads. 'That's why if you tell them that there are igbo communities in benue or akwa ibom or bayelsa, they accuse you of land grabbing. They see states equivalent to ethnic group.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by femolii: 6:59am On Oct 06, 2019
valenu:

Point of correction is not ojukwu that released awo is Gowon see the picture

6 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by funmijoyb(f): 7:21am On Oct 06, 2019
Tolexander:
you have omitted Edo and Delta states
No yoruba in Edo state and delta
Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Tolexander: 7:25am On Oct 06, 2019
funmijoyb:

No yoruba in Edo state and delta
Never say that again.
Please drop that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by LegendHero(m): 7:31am On Oct 06, 2019
Tolexander:
Never say that again.
Please drop that

There might be some Yorubas in Edo and Delta but I think they have forged a different identity for themselves. It’s better to let them choose whether they wanna identify with the Yorubas or they want to maintain their identity.

Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi are still Yorubas and most of them don’t have a different tag but they are identified as Yorubas. In Delta we have Itsekiri, while we can claim they have Yoruba origin, they have chosen their own name and we can be friends while they maintain their identity.

We can actually be brothers from afar if they want to maintain independence, we have Yorubas in Togo and Benin also, and we respect eachother from afar.

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by funmijoyb(f): 7:32am On Oct 06, 2019
Tolexander:
Never say that again.
Please drop that
Have been there, they bears yoruba names but they often say they are not Yoruba but Edo.

Itsekiri migrated from Edo. They never claimed to be Yoruba too . we're not land grabbers like d igbo

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by funmijoyb(f): 7:35am On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

There might be some Yorubas in Edo and Delta but I think they have forged a different identity for themselves. It’s better to let them choose whether they wanna identify with the Yorubas or they want to maintain their identity.

Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi are still Yorubas and most of them don’t have a different tag but they are identified as Yorubas. In Delta we have Itsekiri, while we can claim they have Yoruba origin, they have chosen their own name and we can be friends while they maintain their identity.

We can actually be brothers from afar if they want to maintain independence, we have Yorubas in Togo and Benin also, and we respect eachother from afar.

Itsekiris and d Akoko Edos has claimed they're not Yorubas and we have accepted that fact.

South South nation is good for them.

4 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Tolexander: 8:00am On Oct 06, 2019
funmijoyb:

Have been there, they bears yoruba names but they often say they are not Yoruba but Edo.

Itsekiri migrated from Edo. They never claimed to be Yoruba too . we're not land grabbers like d igbo
Akoko Edo people are the Yoruba dialect excised from Ondo State.
Itshekiri also are closely related to us.

I had already said this earlier if they feel like associating with us;
Tolexander:
they are meant to look for how to unite with us, not us hustling to unite with them.
Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by funmijoyb(f): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2019
Tolexander:
Akoko Edo people are the Yoruba dialect excised from Ondo State.
Itshekiri also are closely related to us.

I had already said this earlier if they feel like associating with us;

The real Akoko languages are not Yoruba except Akungba, ikare and few others

Also, most Akokos in ondo are saying their source and origin is not Yoruba but you're still laying claims to Akokos in Edo.
Nawaa for you o.

Remove d Edos and delta from Yoruba region

All these people have languages totally different from Yorubas.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NNPP North-East Zonal Secretary, Babayo Liman, Others Defect To PDP / Reno Omockry Had This To Say / Aba Is Gradually Wearing A New Look Under Alex Otti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.