Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,888 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:49 AM

The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos (6901 Views)

Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War / Borgu Leaders Meet Buhari, Demand State Creation (photos) / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by oyatz(m): 9:04am On Oct 06, 2019
What a peurile lamentation!

Have you ever seen the Alaafin of Oyo, Ooni of Ile-Ife, Afenifere or my humble self declaring that any part of Igboland be divided or taken away from Ndigbo?

Nobody gives a rat ass about your division or non-division.

Everyone is looking for how to better their lives and you wrongly assume we care about your division or union, is that our business?

horsepower101:

Plus if they are serious to unite with their brethrens, no Igbo man or woman will resist them. In fact we will offer them our moral support BUT for some reason, these yoruba folks have a vested interest in seeing the continued artificial division of Igboland.

4 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by oyatz(m): 9:11am On Oct 06, 2019
In many parts of Nigeria, it will be immpossible to create States that will exactly demarcate all ethnic groups, so pockets of villages on both sides of the boundaries may be shared.

It's like that everywhere.In some places, boundaries are arbitrarily drawn such that some towns are divided into each side of the border e.g Jebba (Kwara and Niger States), Owena (Osun and Ondo States) etc.

horsepower101:

Unfortunately, for some people, it is in their heads. 'That's why if you tell them that there are igbo communities in benue or akwa ibom or bayelsa, they accuse you of land grabbing. They see states equivalent to ethnic group.

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by awgumayor: 10:00am On Oct 06, 2019
valenu:

That was how Ojukwu set Awolowo free from the calabar prison to go and set his people free from Nigeria after being imprisoned by those Hausa soldiers in charge of government. Awolowo agreed only to change his mind when those Hausa soldiers offered him the position of the minister of finance. Those soldiers later dealt with him until he prefered to die.
Please don't derail this beautiful thread by bringing Ojukwu and Awolowo. I'm enjoying the thread reading some intelligent comments, especially from the op.

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by immortalityk: 10:07am On Oct 06, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Then organize them and move out
SW really need to be grateful to Lord lugard.
Grateful for allowing ingrates on our huge yoruba land
No,thank u

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by nairabitcoins: 11:47am On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

What you said is subjective to be honest. The genesis of all the usual Yoruba - Igbo hatred on Nairaland started with the ouster of Jonathan, since then all hell has been let loose by you guys.

I’m asking you what wrong exactly did the Yorubas did to the Igbos to give birth to this constant rancour on both sides.
In my opinion, this is a very childish question. Have you asked yourself why Yorubas are always the first to attack Biafran aspiration, and in so doing instigate other groups to do so, expecially the South South? Do you know how dear Biafra is to the average Igboman? Are you aware that Yorubas will even gain in this Biafran struggle? Yes, because it could lead to total restructure which every party involve will benefit. But Yorubas have made it their point of duty to attack and ridicule anything Biafra both on this forum, and other public platform. The question is why?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Iamgrey5(m): 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
Anago0147:
. The dude you quoted is a newbie here.I mean who would compare the hatred spewed here pre 2009 to what is obtainable here now?

It was like the second Nigerian civil war was going to start here on nairaland.fast forward to 2015,it was nothing but political differences that can be traced as the cause but 2009-2014 was nothing but tribal war between igbos and the rest of the country

I was part of those who fought the e-tribal war here
Oga old bie

Please provide with links to four thread in 2009 "that was nothing but a tribal war"

Tribal arguments started immediately after Jonathan won in 2011 and schemed out the Yorubas from federal government.

3 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Iamgrey5(m): 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

There might be some Yorubas in Edo and Delta but I think they have forged a different identity for themselves. It’s better to let them choose whether they wanna identify with the Yorubas or they want to maintain their identity.

Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi are still Yorubas and most of them don’t have a different tag but they are identified as Yorubas. In Delta we have Itsekiri, while we can claim they have Yoruba origin, they have chosen their own name and we can be friends while they maintain their identity.

We can actually be brothers from afar if they want to maintain independence, we have Yorubas in Togo and Benin also, and we respect eachother from afar.
No there actually ilajes in Ondo state. I think the Mahin

They are along the Ondo/delta border
Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2019
One thing Igbos like to ignore is what Nigeria has done for them

Igbos were not united until the arrival of the British who through colonialism organised them together then came the killing of Igbos in the north which bounded them together even tighter and they became a tribe

So stop saying Nigeria is dividing Igbos infact Nigeria is what united Igbos in the first place

Hear the way Igbos talk about mbaise people, ngwa people, onitsha people for proof

Love your enemies for once!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2019
LordVoldermort:

Igbos were not united until the arrival of the British who through colonialism organised them together then came the killing of Igbos in the north which bounded them together even tighter and they became a tribe

So stop saying Nigeria is dividing Igbos infact Nigeria is what united Igbos in the first place

Hear the way Igbos talk about mbaise people, ngwa people, onitsha people for proof

What do Yorubas say about Oyo People, Ibadan People, Ijebu people, ogbomosho People, Akure People, osogbo People...do they even marry each other..

Was it not yorubas that wrote to the British to come and rule them because they can't rule themselves....

Maybe writing to British to come to your rescue shows how united-disunited you guys were.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Westbestside: 12:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
valenu:

That was how [s]Ojukwu set Awolowo free from the calabar prison to go and set his people free from[/s] Nigeria after being imprisoned by those Hausa soldiers in charge of government. Awolowo agreed only to change his mind when those Hausa soldiers offered him the position of the minister of finance. Those soldiers later dealt with him until he prefered to die.
Thunder strike your mouth for saying the canceled statement above. Which useless ojukwu are you talking about.

3 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Westbestside: 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2019
LegendHero:

You guys are being mischievous. The Yorubas right from the inception of this failed entity called Nigeria have always been about ourself and we always try not to meddle with any other tribe or ethic group.

Where exactly have the Yorubas ever wronged the Igbos? How exactly did we hurt you to always get this magnitude of hate from you? Can you in a simple sentence tell me the sin of the Yorubas against the Igbos?

I’m waiting!
The hatred they have that made over 3millions of them perished.

4 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2019
MelesZenawi:

What do Yorubas say about Oyo People, Ibadan People, Ijebu people, ogbomosho People, Akure People, osogbo People...do they even marry each other..

Was it not yorubas that wrote to the British to come and rule them because they can't rule themselves....

May writing to British to come to your rescue shows how united-disunited you guys were.

No one is arguing about Yorubas disunity/unity however unlike Igbos you rarely hear yorubas condemning the British or Nigeria they don't condemn the hand that made them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Westbestside: 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2019
horsepower101:

In fact they want one Nigeria only because they see it as the only way of caging and confining Igbos and limiting their true potential. They love the fact that Nigeria doesn't give Igbos equal playing field. So that way they can use their lopsided achievements to brag about how advanced they are.

But if you tell them okay; you claim to have it all, fight for Oduduwa and let us fight for Biafra, then all of a sudden you become their biggest enemy.
No one takes you serious, since una dey against secession clause when the same Nigeria was favouring you, thinking it will continue. You will all die in the country.

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Westbestside: 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2019
valenu:

That was photoahoped
According to mumu like you. Bring the fact that your senile man ojukwu released awolowo

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Westbestside: 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2019
horsepower101:

Listen, I have been on this forum long enough to know that You know that what I said is true. I am not interested in nitpicking examples.
When you no get anything

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 06, 2019
LordVoldermort:

No one is arguing about Yorubas disunity/unity however unlike Igbos you rarely hear yorubas condemning the British or Nigeria they don't condemn the hand that made them

The British made you not me.

You can't rule yourself, you invited others to rule over you guys and you have the temerity and tempo to talk of disunity at other places who has been ruling themselves without inviting any body to help them.

Is that not hypocrisy young man?

3 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Iamgrey5(m): 12:57pm On Oct 06, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Maybe writing to British to come to your rescue shows how united-disunited you guys were.
You keep spreading this rumours

Youruba never wrote to Britain to come and rule them.

In fact, Britain delayed the integration of Some Yoruba states to southern Nigeria because it couldn't get the Yorubas who were fighting a civil war under control.

There was a civil war between Ibadan and ijesha parapo, also between Ibadan and Ijebus.

it had to do with leadership of the Yoruba race after the fall of the Oyo empire because Ibadan wanted to force other Yoruba states to pay tribute to it.

Nothwithsading, a treaty of peace was signed in Ibadan amongst the various faction in the late 18th century in the presence of Oni, Alafin and British administration from lagos colony.

This is where some slow people coined the history that Yorubas begged the British to come and rule us.

5 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by PreyingMantis(m): 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2019
Tolexander:
they are meant to look for how to unite with us, not us hustling to unite with them.
It is easier for the majority to fight the cause of the minority and not the other way round. Grow some sense Mr Man. Nigeria is an artificial creation and definitely has an expiry date. The Yoruba nation existed thousands of years before Lugard and Flora Shaw were born

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2019
Iamgrey5:

In fact, Britain delayed the integration of Some Yoruba states to southern Nigeria because it couldn't get the Yorubas who were fighting a civil war under control.

There was a civil war between Ibadan and ijesha parapo, also between Ibadan and Ijebus.

it had to do with leadership of the Yoruba race after the fall of the Oyo empire because Ibadan wanted to force other Yoruba states to pay tribute to it.

Nothwithsading, a treaty of peace was signed in Ibadan amongst the various faction in the late 18th century in the presence of Oni, Alafin and British administration from lagos colony.

This is where some slow people coined the history that Yorubas begged the British to come and rule us.

You keep denying every single truth.

Which are you going to agree on then?
Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Westbestside: 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
MelesZenawi:

No, they don't marry each other, they marry from your family. My brother married Ibadan lady. Presently, I am dating ijesha damsel. You think we are like you that segregate yourself as Osu and wawa

4 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Iamgrey5(m): 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You keep denying every single truth.

Which are you going to agree on then?
You keep bringing out stories that are false and pushing them

When are you going to desist from this character?

3 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Westbestside: 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
Iamgrey5:

Ask the mumu for evidence and see him keep mute.

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Iamgrey5(m): 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2019
Westbestside:
I am used to them cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
Westbestside:
No, they don't marry each other, they marry from your family. My brother married Ibadan lady. Presently, I am dating ijesha damsel. You think we are like you that segregate yourself as Osu and wawa

What concerns me with this history or how does it change the fact as stated.

Very clear, these places don't marry themselves especially Ijebu axis.

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
Iamgrey5:
You keep bringing out stories that are false and pushing them

When are you going to desist from this character?

So this now a false story.

Am not suprise and am fully aware there will be denial.

At least one of your brothers has said that he remains grateful to British who made you guys and probably west benefactor.

That shows am right anyway.

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Iamgrey5(m): 1:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
MelesZenawi:

What concerns me with this history or how does it change the fact as stated.

Very clear, these places don't marry themselves especially Ijebu axis.
Continuing lying to yourself grin

No place marries the ijebu more than the Ibadan.

3 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
Westbestside:

Evidence are scattered not the ones been circulated on Lagos/Ibadan expressway.
Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Iamgrey5(m): 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
MelesZenawi:

So this now a false story.

Am not suprise and am fully aware there will be denial.

At least one of your brothers has said that he remains grateful to British who made you guys and probably west benefactor.

That shows am right anyway.
Which of your brothers?

Yorubas live amongst each other peacefully. You should come and study us as a model for peaceful coexistance grin

3 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by nku5: 1:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
LordVoldermort:

No ethnic group was United before the British came. The most disunited was Yoruba land that fought wars for centuries. It's only when the British came that it stopped. The British embraced the Egbas first and gave them Christianity and western education which has given them an edge till tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Continuing lying to yourself grin

No place marries the ijebu more than the Ibadan.

You the one trying hard to cover the truth. Instances has shown in the past how frictions, tensions and hostility has led to suspicion from these areas and hardly inter marry.

If there are in roads today, that is because light have decided to shine upon them.

If not what you stated is a pure fabrications and lies.

Desist from trying to subdue the truth .
Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 06, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Which of your brothers?

Yorubas live amongst each other peacefully. You should come and study us as a model for peaceful coexistance grin

Your model of coexistence writing to whites to come and handle your affairs and that's what you call model...

Am ashamed to read this.

Re: The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos by Iamgrey5(m): 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You the one trying hard to cover the truth. Instances has shown in the past how frictions, tensions and hostility has led to suspicion from these areas and hardly inter marry.

If there are in roads today, that is because light have decided to shine upon them.

If not what you stated is a pure fabrications and lies.

Desist from trying to subdue the truth .
My mum is from Atan (ijebu igbo/ijebu north east local government of ogun state

My late dad is from Ibadan (Omo iyalode) from Ibadan south west local government of Ibadan.

Another two of mum sisters married from Ibadan, while one married an Ekiti man.

I am an evidence myself grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Hushpuppi Said About Dino Melaye, Linda Ikeji, Daddy Freeze / Akwa Ibom: FG Recommences Payment Of N20,000 To Vulnerable Homes In 9 LGAs / Mind Game Played By Northerners Over Southeast On VAT (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.