Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Wrong Reasons For Fasting: Don't Fast For These Five Reasons (Must Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wrong Reasons For Fasting: Don't Fast For These Five Reasons (Must Read) (368 Views)

You Don't Fast And Pray To Come Out Of Poverty (david Ibiyeomie) / Christian Dressing: Five Reasons Why You Need To Dress Well Always / Six Wrong Reasons For Attending Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wrong Reasons For Fasting: Don't Fast For These Five Reasons (Must Read) by TundeKorede: 2:55am On Oct 06, 2019
There are wrong reasons for fasting. And many believers are oblivious of these reasons. More so, God examines the motives behind every work, not the work itself.

Many believers have seen fasting and prayer as an instrument that will force God to give them their heart desires.

People fast for several reasons. Some fast because they feel they must fast at least once in a week(religion).

Some fast to display their level of spiritual capability and endowment to other believers who hardly fast.

And some believers fast in order to receive answers to their prayers by force.

However, by the help of the Holy Spirit, I have come up with five wrong reasons for fasting. Take your seat and calmly read and digest this article.

Tips On How To Pray Effectively As A Christian

FIVE WRONG REASONS FOR FASTING
• KILLING OF THE DEVIL

Honestly, I have heard of a believer who was observed a 40-day fast with the only aim of killing the devil.

He said he believed by the end of his fasting and prayer the devil would died. Till now the devil has not died.

Today, I believe there are some people who believe that the fervency of their fasting and prayer will kill the devil.

Truly, many have believed this sugarcoated lie due to the poor understanding they possess as regards the Word of God.

Even Jesus did not kill the devil, He only disarmed his powers and authorities (Col 2:15).

My friend, who are you to kill the devil? The angels did not kill him, they drove him to this earth (Rev 12:10).

Don’t be deceived

So, who has deceived you that your fasting and prayer will kill the devil? Do not misunderstand me. The devil is powerless over believers.

Also, he has no power over us but God did not say it anywhere in His Word that we shall kill the devil.

To fast to kill the devil is to deceive yourself. No amount of prayer can kill him. That’s also a wrong reasons for fasting.

Basically, God has put him on this earth to strike the children of the disobedient (unbelievers), with his rod.

Read the full article here @ http://www.tundekorede.com/www-tundekorede-com-wrong-reasons-for-fasting/

(1) (Reply)

Are Juju, Blood Money, Witchcraft, Babalawo Real? / Church Publishes Photo Of "Star Wars Jedi Knight", Claims It Is Jesus!!! / She Said She Will Only Marry Me On One Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.