Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,670 members, 7,801,934 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us (41555 Views)

Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Harrynight(m): 9:45am On Oct 20, 2019
MOSICATED5:
Nonsense write up for a JW cult apologists. What did u include the fact that the Jw cover up cases of sexual abuse With the organization.
Why didn't u include that the JW practice extreme shunning for non members.
Why didn't u include that the governing body of the Jw is self selecting and are all made up of no African despite the fact African has the highest member in the organization.
Why did u include that the Jw joined UN for 10 years and yet
Claimed it Babylon
JW members fornicate, lie ,etc like every other Christians denomination.
Did u include that Jw mainly go out for preaching tor fill up their field service report so that they can be seen as doing God's work in the white of their GB members.
Finally u didn't include that the Jw organization is going into extinct in developed world where Information is easy to get. Kingdom halls are been sold off In the UK due to lack of members.
I challenge u to prove any of my point as false

You are an Apostate so I expected this comment from u tongue

4 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by pek(m): 9:49am On Oct 20, 2019
Itzpearlz:

Prayer

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/bible-study/how-to-pray-to-god/
https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/wp20101001/where-and-when-to-pray/

Is Jesus God?

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/wp20120401/Is-Jesus-God/

Will only Jehovah's Witnesses be saved?

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/who-saved/

Do Jehovah's Witnesses have their own Bible?

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jw-bible-nwt/

What is God's Kingdom?

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/about-gods-kingdom/
All your quotations and answer are from one source. It has buttressed the fact that you lot don't read any other thing. Does it make sense to you that I want to disprove your teachings and beliefs and you are asking me to read YOUR publications.

4 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Aystarz: 9:49am On Oct 20, 2019
Rafiq2:
Well they are really an intresting bunch really, though a bit annoying, but make quite interesting conversation. Even when I told one of their members i am a Muslim, she still insisting I can be saved.

I was like "saved?......from what" am not in any danger.

Well, for keeping me entertain I offered them chill bottled water on their way out. nonetheless I like how they are committed to their cause, I like them though, they are persistant

Wish every Nigerian, irrespective of religious affiliations, can think and behave this way. Kudos to you, bro.

2 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by saintobas: 9:50am On Oct 20, 2019
Thank God you said they are not Christian/ are separated.

All what you listed there is been done by Muslims and Christians according to their religion way of doing it.

Saying that your organization is better than other
Christians is provocative and speak of who you are on the inside.

When did jw start?
the Methodist, the Roman Catholic etc have been preaching, persecuted, beheaded even up till now before your organization started.

All religion have people who are members but don't follow every law

This is why people avoid you guys, always trying to belittle others religion. From my experience people who behave like this usually have low self-esteem and are depressed, I pray you find the help you need.

I love reading awake and watchtower for the historical facts, biology experiment etc

Please if there are any mistakes in my write up let me know an I will correct it, thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 20, 2019
Jehovahs witness that have been declared a terrorist group in Russia?
I don't know what Nigeria is waiting for

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Itzpearlz: 9:52am On Oct 20, 2019
pek:
All your quotations and answer are from one source. It has buttressed the fact that you lot don't read any other thing. Does it make sense to you that I want to disprove your teachings and beliefs and you are asking me to read YOUR publications.

Yes, it does make sense that you want to disprove my beliefs based on your misunderstanding of them and I'm pointing you to the true definitions/accurate understanding of my beliefs.

You have to first understand what the belief is before you can appropriately disprove it.

2 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by BossKingRex(m): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2019
drips8:
The JWs are not allowed to think for themselves or question the rules because outside thoughts are said to be from the devil.
JWs have to disown family or friends whoever leave the faith and cut them off completely.
They have also had a lot of failed prophecies.
JWs members are banned from reading religious texts from other beliefs but will gladly teach people of other faiths about theirs.
The watchtower group claims politics is evil but they are aligned with the UN.

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by ngwababe(f): 9:56am On Oct 20, 2019
Tallesty1:
Their prophecies did fail but they don't tell you it was God's voice. They put things together from informations from the Bible and history.

It is a human effort so it can't be perfect and besides, your church's prophecies do fail everyday too.

Did your pastor not tell you that this year is your year?

How far?

How many prophet and pastors prophecized that Goodluck and Atiku will win?

How far?

We hate Jehovah witness simply because they're better than us.

Hardly do you see them in crime story.

I have never seen them COZA any member.

Hardly do you see them with teenage pregnancy.

Their is no lukewarm member among them like the rest of other churches. You're either in or out.

They're one and Bible said be one.

No other church supports members financially without extorting first like the Jehovah witness.

My brother you lie.
Nobody COZA and Jazz pass una.
But then, why don't you people believe in hell fire and Holy Spirit?
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 20, 2019
TemmyT002:

Hmmm

Obviously you haven't seen or heard JWs attacking the Catholic Church.

I remembered back in my uni days, I was living in an apartment off campus and every Sunday after Mass they'd come knocking on my door in the evening. I always allowed them in. Then they'd start their preaching. I'd point out the errors of their theology using the bibles they brought and they'd always scamper away with the promise to find the answers from their elders and return.

Surely, like clockwork on Sunday, another different set of JWs will come and we'd focus on other parts of the Bible.

I just think JW operates like a cult. Even the way they relate among themselves, the strictness on each other...there seems to be no joy, no voluntariness in what they do.

I could go on... Bottom line is they, like most "Christians", like most humans actually, lack true Christian charity.

3 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by mrakin(m): 10:03am On Oct 20, 2019
After reading most of the comments above, I need to make some things clear.

1 Jehovah's witnesses believe that there is only one true God Almighty. Jesus Christ is the son of God. We worship God. We pray to God through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is not equal to God.

2. Jehovah's witnesses try their best to live by Bible standard. The weekly meetings are meant to remind all members about God's laws and Bible principles. We also learn how to preach and teach.

3. Not all who attends our meetings are Baptized witnesses. Some are just friends. If a baptized witness commits a serious sin and he/she is repentant, such one will be assisted to overcome the challenges by a few sessions of Bible study reminders and practical assignment of Bible reading and personal prayers to God Almighty.

4. Unrepentant and deliberate sinners are quarantined for some time, they will not be one of us until they personally come back to their senses and serve God sincerely.

5. It is true that some who profess to be witnesses are hypocrites. They secretly engaged in serious sins and still attend meetings and do the normal routine of preaching and teaching. Those ones have a dead conscience. God will definitely expose them in due time.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 20, 2019
If u have ported from Catholic to yahoo yahoo churches, u will start to question Catholic church doctrines. Then u eventually leave yahoo yahoo churches to JW, na to dey look yahoo yahoo churches with corner eye. When u continue to do your research on religion as a whole especially Christianity, u will not know when u became an atheist grin

U will then hate Christianity and other religions with vehemence cheesy grin
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by kabuski(m): 10:09am On Oct 20, 2019
[quote author=Tallesty1 post=82880404]Their prophecies did fail but they don't tell you it was God's voice. They put things together from informations from the Bible and history.

It is a human effort so it can't be perfect and besides, your church's prophecies do fail everyday too.

Did your pastor not tell you that this year is your year?

How far?

How many prophet and pastors prophecized that Goodluck and Atiku will win?

How far?

We hate Jehovah witness simply because they're better than us.

Hardly do you see them in crime story.

I have never seen them COZA any member.

COZA Any member.. Pally you deserve a trophy and for this�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by miketayo(m): 10:10am On Oct 20, 2019
4,5 & 6 are so on point, but there r some things they do that seem wicked, like deny blood donation for a sick member.
All the same they r better Christians than most of us

Proudly Catholic

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Ndipe(m): 10:10am On Oct 20, 2019
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Awoo88: 10:11am On Oct 20, 2019
No sect is a better Christian. the only better Christian is the one who follows the teaching of Christ. The people who were called christian in Antioch were called so because of the way they lived and not where they warship

3 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Geminita1(f): 10:12am On Oct 20, 2019
boss1310:
the way they are hated makes me to think sometimes they might be the true Christians but I might be wrong
Nobody hates them. Are they like Paul and Peter that believe Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and paid for the gospel with their lives? If you see hate, you would run, these ones are pampered.

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Komu1048(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2019
They r jus like other Christians who sometimes don't practice what they preached. That's how one of them that was my friend collected my babe Cox I trusted him and ask my Bae to take care of him coz he jus had operation n I can't be there for him. After one month naso d bae n d guy turn lover. Then I don't trust people anymore ....ppl r hypocrites
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Tallesty1(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2019
ngwababe:

My brother you lie.
Nobody COZA and Jazz pass una.
But then, why don't you people believe in hell fire and Holy Spirit?
First of all.. I am not a Jehova Witness.

Secondly, they believe in hell(total destruction) not everlasting torment in a lake of fire.

And finally.... They believe in holy spirit

2 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by dometome: 10:14am On Oct 20, 2019
DonBenny77:
Please keep quayet I dated one for 5 yrs, she does preach on social media. She is like every other slayqueen that went to uniport.
I won't go into plenty analysis else you won't even greet them if you come across them.
They are the biggest pretenders and hypocrites.
Most of them are not dedicated Jws while the dedicated ones are "living in bondage".
A JW lady isn't permitted to mak love to her JW fiance before wedding night even after introduction but can bleep a non JW.
Very confused set of people if you ask me
fornication is a sin, be it with a non JW or a JW, it is a sin. Even if there is a lapse, the person should confess and repent and he or she will be forgiven, we are not perfect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by femi4: 10:15am On Oct 20, 2019
When you teach people the wrong doctrine ....Is that one evangelism too

When the word "Church" is forbidden among you....I wonder if I should take them serious

When marriage is restricted among members only......I doubt the authenticity of that religion

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by digitalman2811(m): 10:16am On Oct 20, 2019
To add to the few points listed
(1) whenever they have their conventions which usually have a population of 2000 or more every weekend,everyone conducts himself or herself in an orderly manner,security men presence is zero percent,no quarrels,no argument's no fight.

(2) they divide themselves into congregations with members numbering to at most 120 persons,so that each member will everyone personally.

(3)no special seat for anyone,even the elders and ministerial servants can seat anywhere and even participate in cleaning after each service.

(4)no Sunday schools for the children,parents seats with their children to set good examples as parents.

(5) no associations of groups in jw,which may breed division,everyone is equal and associates together

(6)in jw,no body knows your tribe or ethnic group,you can only find out from mode of dress or accent of a particular person,everyone is regarded as one big family.

(7) no titles,even if you have a doctorate degree,or own the whole of Abuja,you will be referred to as brother or sister,you will sit in the same bench with others.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by safarigirl(f): 10:17am On Oct 20, 2019
Acrobatics01:

Usually, our prayers are said calmly, we don't disturb others with our prayers since we are praying to the one who hears and knows everything.
As individuals, we say a lot if private and personal prayers, some if them will involve emotions that we cry just like Hannah did when she went to the temple.
All these are noticed by us and God and no one else.
same way Catholics pray

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 20, 2019
DonBenny77:
Please keep quayet I dated one for 5 yrs, she does preach on social media. She is like every other slayqueen that went to uniport.
I won't go into plenty analysis else you won't even greet them if you come across them.
They are the biggest pretenders and hypocrites.
Most of them are not dedicated Jws while the dedicated ones are "living in bondage".
[b]A JW lady isn't permitted to mak love to her JW fiance before wedding night [/b]even after introduction but can bleep a non JW.
Very confused set of people if you ask me
Lies shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by dometome: 10:20am On Oct 20, 2019
Ladycewhy:
You did not talk about how they would rather allow their sick family member die than give them blood embarassed

you didn't talk about how they are waiting for everyone including you and i who are not jws to die so they can inherit the earth and things they didn't labor for grin,

you didn't talk about how they don't vote or support govt but still want to benefit for govt . undecided
ignorance is your problem. Go and ask why the US military is now pioneering the use of bloodless medicine on the battle field. It is more effective, less risky and way cheaper than blood transfusion. The Body's ability to produce red blood cells cannot be inhibited by any accident. In fact there are lots of cheap drugs out there to speed up the production of red blood cells, to quickly replenish the lost blood. But then blood transfusion is a money spinner.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by cooltola(m): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2019
All have sinned and fall short of the glory.
There is no one good but God
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by BestDataDeals(m): 10:24am On Oct 20, 2019
drips8:
The JWs are not allowed to think for themselves or question the rules because outside thoughts are said to be from the devil.
JWs have to disown family or friends whoever leave the faith and cut them off completely.
They have also had a lot of failed prophecies.
JWs members are banned from reading religious texts from other beliefs but will gladly teach people of other faiths about theirs.
The watchtower group claims politics is evil but they are aligned with the UN.

Not allowed to think for themselves? Have u ever heard a jwit say things like this is what my pastor said.?

Failed prophecies abi. There aren't prophets anymore. I'm sure u can't name one prophecy sha. Unlike ur pastors that bring out prophesies yearly. And when it doesn't get fulfilled, they say that prayer changed it.

Diswon family members, even jesus said it. When someone said his brothers and sister are here to see him, he said his brothers and sisters are these, pointing to his disciples.

Why would we read religious text when it's filled with lies and untruth. Just to sit down and quote bible portions that supports your teaching is a no go area for many people sharing those books. All they know is what they are told. But even a kid in jwit can explain to u from the bible why it's wrong to salute a flag.

I've never seen any other allegation as weird as the one where u said align with united nations. Its other churches that goes to preside and pray over UN submit and meetings. We are neutral. No part of this world.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by boss1310(m): 10:25am On Oct 20, 2019
Geminita1:
Nobody hates them. Are they like Paul and Peter that believe Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and paid for the gospel with their lives? If you see hate, you would run, these ones are pampered.
hate is still hate nobody is measuring the extent of it.read the comments here about them or just google about the witnesses and hate around the world in history and see for yourself.there is no christian body that has been persecuted more than these people that even black american rappers talk about them in their lyrics with disdain and we know black americans as those who respect the christians
you say Paul and Peter,well we are not in that generation now cos if we are we won't be free at all to converse about Christianity but with all the acceptance of Christianity the witnesses are treated with hate and personally I dont know why hence my first comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Ladycewhy(f): 10:25am On Oct 20, 2019
dometome:
ignorance is your problem. Go and ask why the US military is now pioneering the use of bloodless medicine on the battle field. It is more effective, less risky and way cheaper than blood transfusion. The Body's ability to produce red blood cells cannot be inhibited by any accident. In fact there are lots of cheap drugs out there to speed up the production of red blood cells, to quickly replenish the lost blood. But then blood transfusion is a money spinner.
k grin, is that all?

I am sure there will be no jw among the team of researchers cos you people are busy waiting for everyone to die so you can inherit the things you did not work for grin,who knows if all those your house to house preaching is not to survey the houses you will like to inherit when God destroys the earth and leaves only jws tongue

I am sure in times of natural disasters you jws gyrate in your kingdom halls saying "it wont be long now,we are so close to inheriting this earth" grin

1 Like

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:26am On Oct 20, 2019
Janosky:

You're posting POO.
Clap for yourself.
How many times you done climb your church pulpit and challenge your pastorpreneurs false teachings after he has separated you from your hard earned money in the name of membership dues & other gbogbotigbo?
How much apostle Paul and Peter pay for membership dues?

Your pastors "this is your year" mantra , failed prophecies and ritualistic singsong, you no dey see am?
How many times have you raise objections in your church?
JWs are going forward....
Keep deluding yourself.

Why are you assuming he is a Christian?
He could be an atheist or an agnostic.
Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by Psoul(m): 10:27am On Oct 20, 2019
TemmyT002:
Taking Nigeria as a case study, if you are not a Jehovah’s Witness, you must have heard from some pastors or some other Christians like you about how the Jehovah’s Witnesses teach the wrong gospel. You must have heard them say that they use the wrong Bible. They must have told you to kick them out of your house or never let them in. They might have even told you that listening to them could lead you to Hell Fire.

My view about them changed when I related with one of them during an external tutorial class. There was a single guy among the rest in a mixed class of Christians and Muslims. This guy was the only Jehovah’s Witness. We all had a lot of fun bullying him. We made jest of his bag and made jest of the fact that he was a Jehovah’s Witness.

Despite all these bullying, he never retaliated. We were still kids back then and our knowledge of the Bible was what we were taught in our different churches. We argued over some verses in the bible and the guy took pains to explain some topics based on what he had been taught. We all shut him down, of course.

Years later, I had the opportunity to visit one of their Kingdom Halls. I had read a lot of their FREE publications and I wanted to see what they did there. I was wowed. I have been to many other churches but this Kingdom Hall was different.

The surprising part was that after the service, I met this guy again and he was so happy to see me. I was surprised. I thought he would make jest of me and ask why I was there. Instead, he and the other people there showed me love.

How are the Jehovah’s Witnesses better Christians than the rest of us?

1. THEY FACE MORE PERSECUTIONS

The Bible says “Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven”- Matthew 5:10

John 15:18- “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.”

2 Timothy 3:12 – “Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man.”

You will agree with me that Christians in Nigeria also get persecuted but the persecutions occur mostly in the Northern part of Nigeria. Jehovah’s Witnesses, however, are many all over the world and they are persecuted more than all other Christians of different denominations. The recent one occurred in Russia.

The Southwestern part of Nigeria, which is full of the Yorubas is considered to be full of people who are tolerant and accept you into their society no matter your status or religion. However, Jehovah’s Witnesses still get persecuted there most of the time.

I watched an American movie about the Second World War and at the end of the movie, some statistics were listed based on the number of people who were killed by Hitler’s Soldiers. Apart from the Jews, the homosexuals, and blacks, I was surprised to see Jehovah’s Witnesses listed among them too.

2. DONATIONS ARE VOLUNTARY

Unlike in other Christian churches where people are forced or even threatened to make donations, donations in Kingdom Halls of the Jehovah’s Witnesses are quite voluntary. When you walk into one of their Halls, you will see a box right at the entrance calling you to make voluntary donations.

In other churches, publications are not free. Pastors and General Overseers write a lot of books. Some churches even produce a lot of books for the benefit of their congregations but these books are not free. This is different with Jehovah’s Witnesses.

In each Kingdom Hall, at least the ones I have been to, there is a special place where lots of books and publications are arranged. You can pick any book depending on the language you want for free.

You might have seen them giving out books on the streets and they would never ask you to buy them. They would instead ask you to make voluntary donations. Even if you don’t have money, you can go ahead and pick. They are more interested in making sure you gain the knowledge of God’s word.

3. MEMBERS AND SOCIAL MEDIA

Do you know a Jehovah’s Witness who doesn’t ‘preach’ on social media? When Jesus was leaving the earth, he asked his disciples to go all over the world and preach the gospel.

Thankfully, we are in the jet age where you can share information that can reach people all over the world. Unfortunately, today’s Christians rarely make use of this opportunity to preach the gospel.

There are lots of Christians who have huge followers on different social media platforms but unless they are pastors, you would rarely see them post anything related to the gospel on their accounts. Instead of sermons you will see them posting their beautiful pictures.

Jehovah’s Witnesses’ members post different topics on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, and so on. Whatever they learn in their Kingdom Halls or conventions, they make sure they share them online.

Other Christians prefer to share nonsensical topics and topics that won’t touch your life positively in anyway. They are supposed to share the sermons they learn from their different churches every Sunday but they would rather share posts concerning Big Brother Nigeria or other nonsense.

4. EVANGELISM

This is one of the things they are known for. Apart from the social media, radio and other modes of evangelism, the Jehovah’s Witnesses preach the gospel by walking from house to house.

Despite the fact that a lot of people reject them, they still keep on. Everything in their minds is looking for one or two people whose lives they can touch positively. You see them walking in the sun, with their umbrellas and bags, with no shame. They prefer to follow God’s instructions and they do this at least twice in a week, walking long distances.

5. TESTIMONIES

Their testimonies are different from those of other Christians. While other Christians give testimonies about what God has done in their lives, most of the testimonies usually involve material things of the world. This is good but there is always something missing.

Other Christians testify about the new cars they just purchased, the new child they just had, the new house they just built and so on. The testimonies of Jehovah’s Witnesses involve turning over a new leaf, giving their lives to Jesus and becoming a model example.

They have different stories on testimonies like these. When you read about people changing and turning over a new leaf, you will be encouraged and you will want to have the same experience. In one of their publications, I read about a Japanese Kamikaze soldier who fought in World War Two and then became a Jehovah’s Witness and began to preach the gospel. I was wowed.

6. THEY ARE ORDERLY AND CALM

Have you ever walked into a Kingdom Hall? As you approach the place, you would believe they are not holding any program because you won’t hear anything. It is only when you enter into the Hall that you will realize that there is a program going on after all.

Other churches love the use of loud speakers. You could be far away and you would hear the different speakers from different churches booming and screaming. Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Kingdom Halls do not pollute the air with noises.

During their programs, they never compete for Bible reading. We all know this. In Pentecostal churches, when the pastor calls a Bible verse, you see fifty people trying to read the same verse at the same time. You would think the fastest reader would be paid for it.

The ‘winner’ is usually the fastest reader. This usually causes fracas among the readers after church services and you may sometimes see two ‘readers’ keeping malice against each other.

The reverse is the case in Kingdom Halls. When a Bible verse is called or when a question is asked, people would raise their hands in order to respond. Everything is calm and quiet. You feel peace in your heart. You forget your problems.

7. SHOW OF LOVE

Many churches in Nigeria love to welcome newcomers. Some churches serve them foods and drinks and collect their phone numbers. The choir members sing a song of welcome and then some top leaders of different groups walk over to the newcomers to shake their hands and welcome. That’s all.

At the end of the program, everyone leaves and forget the newcomer. This occurs in most churches. When a newcomer’s phone number is gotten, all the church want to do is to make sure the newcomer becomes a member and comes always.

In Kingdom Halls, this is different. After the service, almost everyone walks over to you to shake your hand and welcome you with beautiful smiles. Then they politely ask if you would want free Bible study.

There are so many other ways by which the Jehovah’s Witnesses are better Christians than the rest of us and we need to emulate these qualities. There is a very big difference if we are being sincere with ourselves.

Showing love to one another is the key to peaceful nation. Despite the number of churches in Nigeria, in different states and in different streets, corruption is still rampant. Ethnic bigotry and tribalism is till rampant. Something is wrong somewhere and it is all in our hands to change things.

Emulating the qualities of the Jehovah’s Witnesses is the key.

SOURCE: https://opinionsandstories.com/how-the-jehovahs-witnesses-are-better-christians-than-the-rest-of-us/

Brother, are you really a Christian. Do u have the Spirit of God guiding you? If ur answers is Yes, I wonder why u did not have a rethink befor posting this.

Do you know that your post can bring a division in the household of Christ? Just you Caption is capable of bringing hatred against the JW. How can u imply that the JW are better Christians than the rest of all the Christians. You would have make more sense if u had captioned it "How we are taught to live in JW that I would like fellow Christians to Emulate.".

I have seen wonderful JW members, very good and Christlike. I have also seen those not having any resemblance of Christ in them. So how do u balance this? If JW is the better Christians, why do we still have the bad ones among u?

Do you remember that Apostle Paul frowned at a post like this back in his apostolic days?
Let me show you.
1 Corinthians 3:4
For while one says, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are you not carnal?
I believe you must have come across this portion in the Bible.

Now move down to Chapter 4:6 ...it says;
Brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit,
so that you may learn from us not to go beyond what is written.
Then you will not take pride in one man over another.

So, your post shows that u speak like a mere canal being without the spirit of Christ.
Also, u are priding your church over other churches. The Body of Christ is one and no part is greater than the other.

Don't bring up anything that will indirectly help the satanic ministry. The unbelievers will be laughing at us when they watch us fight over this post. The post may help the ministry of Satan to disintegrate the church of Christ, and I say, God forbid.

3 Likes

Re: How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us by spayor(m): 10:28am On Oct 20, 2019
I need opinions..pls fellow christians help a brother not to loose faith..
This question has being on my mind for a while now and I will appreciate your opinion

As christians, we believe that God knows everything even before it is concieved...God we believe knows the end from the beginning.

so I want to ask...If you agree with me that God knows everything, does it means that He knew that Adam and Eve would fail Him??..if yes, then why create them just to purnish them?..if He is truly a loving God, then why create men just to purnish them since He knew they will fail Him??

this question is really perturbing me and it's affecting my faith...
note: my dad is a pastor...I've asked this question several times but none has given me a satisfactory answer

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

3-year-old Praise, Israel Ezekiel's Daughter Kneels As She Worships God In Kenya / Pastor Enenche Leads Prayer Walk For Nigeria In Abuja / Lady Leaks Pastor Aaron Finley's Sex Chat With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.