Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,276 members, 7,807,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) (32935 Views)

UFC: Israel Adesanya knocks Pereira out Cold, reclaims Middleweight Crown / Israel Adesanya Beats Robert Whittaker To Retain His Title / Isreal Adesanya Beats Paulo Costa To Retain UFC Middleweight Championship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by HBB1(m): 9:53am On Oct 06, 2019
PureFace1:

That was what you all said until he knocked out Robert twice

Knocked out Robert twice?
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by PureFace1(m): 9:54am On Oct 06, 2019
HBB1:

Knocked out Robert twice?

Yes he knocked out Robert in the first and second round
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by darkelf: 9:56am On Oct 06, 2019
PureFace1:

That doesn't mean anything because the fight is possible and Israel can beat him

He knocked out Robert Whittaker twice

Bros understand.

Jones: Light heavyweight

Adesanya: Middleweight

Unless they agree to meet at Super middleweight.

Hope this is clear to you now?

And please before you call someone a hater on a faceless forum, try and understand his/her point of view.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by anigbajumo(m): 9:56am On Oct 06, 2019
ServantsOfTruth:
If the yourbas can fight their masters the hause / foolanis like this

This country will be a better places

Really, someone calling another tribe master while u and ur Kingmen are shouting freedom "Biafra" who is more or less a slave tribe than u " Ndigboo" in this country??
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by darkelf: 9:59am On Oct 06, 2019
HBB1:

What if he eats more food, won't he be light heavyweight?

I won't advice that.

It may slow him down.

That's why there are weight classes in fighting sports like boxing, kick boxing and MMA.

If you try to force yourself above your normal weight, it may spell doom for you as a fighter.

Mikey Garcia vs Errol Spence comes to mind.

Mikey Garcia was normally a light weight who tried forcing his way to welter weight and got punished for it by Errol Spence who was a natural welterweight.

You can google it or watch on YouTube
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by HBB1(m): 10:01am On Oct 06, 2019
ThierryJay:

Whittaker also had a wrestling background, his grappling skills were supposedly better than Izzy's. He was supposedly a tougher beast. But Izzy has put all these postulations to the dustbin.

One thing I know is that Izzy appears to be motivated more to overcome his supposed shortcomings as evidenced in his matches against Gastellum and Rob. The guy's winning mentality is second to none. If he really sees Jon Jon as a challenge, I bet you in a few years, he'll Bleep JJ up.

And your reference to Izzy's match against Anderson is not entirely correct. It was obvious Izzy was showing Anderson, his mentor, a lot of respect. He was actually toying with Silva most of the match.

Jones is another kind of animal.

The shorter Gastellum and Rob tagged Adesanya good a number of times-- which I thought he would have avoided with his reach and kickboxing experience.

He dropped Robert after a reckless exchange with his eyes closed-- his eyes were actually closed!
That exchange could have gone either way.

The only person with impressive striking skills he has faced is Anderson and it was difficult.

Jones has very incredible striking and can grapple wonderfully.

To be honest Adesanya's grappling is not fantastic.

I repeat Jones is another kind of animal, buh...let's see them fight, let's see what happens.
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by HBB1(m): 10:07am On Oct 06, 2019
darkelf:

I won't advice that.

It may slow him down.

That's why there are weight classes in fighting sports like boxing, kick boxing and MMA.

If you try to force yourself above your normal weight, it may spell doom for you as a fighter.

Mikey Garcia vs Errol Spence comes to mind.

Mikey Garcia was normally a light weight who tried forcing his way to welter weight and got punished for it by Errol Spence who was a natural welterweight.

You can google it or watch on YouTube

Dude, don't try to school me.

People climb up and down weight classes, with no problems... Pacquiao ( several weight classes), Canelo, Roy Jones Jr ( from middle weight to heavyweight), James Toney (same), Evander Holyfied...

Adesanya is 6,4ish... Jones is 6,5ish, so what's the problem?

Nobody should bring that excuse.
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by HBB1(m): 10:09am On Oct 06, 2019
PureFace1:

Yes he knocked out Robert in the first and second round

Knocked out?

Do you know what you are saying?
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by PureFace1(m): 10:11am On Oct 06, 2019
HBB1:

Knocked out?

Do you know what you are saying?

Go and watched it on U tube and stop asking questions

Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by HBB1(m): 10:12am On Oct 06, 2019
PureFace1:

Go and watched it on U tube and stop asking questions

Or you meant to say a knock down?!
grin

Your ignorance of combat sports is soooo glaring!
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by darkelf: 10:15am On Oct 06, 2019
HBB1:

Dude, don't try to school me.

People climb up and down weight classes, with no problems... Pacquiao ( several weight classes), Canelo, Roy Jones Jr ( from middle weight to heavyweight), James Toney (same), Evander Holyfied...

Adesanya is 6,4ish... Jones is 6,5ish, so what's the problem?

Nobody should bring that excuse.

Bros, Manny pacman is one of the few boxers that have ever tried it and became successful. Name other that have climbed up eight weight classes and have reigned supreme??

And I'm not trying to school anyone. I'm only giving my opinion without insults or acerbic wit as the manner of some is.

Canelo right now is contesting with Sergey Kovalev for light heavyweight crown which I think is a bit rushed. Still I think canelo would most likely win because crusher is quite old and barely was able to knock out Anthony yards in their last bout. Canelo is more experienced than Yards and I don't think Sergey will get away with it this time.

Even when Lomachenko was asked if he will one day stepped up to welterweight, he said it was a stupid idea as he may loose some speed and power against the natural welterweights. Now, that's a technical boxer talking.....

Roy Jones won against a poor fighter in Andy Ruiz who back then wasn't even rated as a true champion. Why didn't Roy Jones stay on after winning if he really was that good. He couldn't have emerged victorious against the likes of Lennox lewis or even the emerging Klitschko's.

Let me also add that Evander stepped up from cruiser weight to heavy weight and that's just like going from primary 2 to primary 3. But you're taking about stepping from middleweight to light heavyweight. Its not that easy. He has to get past super middleweight first.

I'll advice that he lures Jon Jones into Super middleweight so that they can meet there
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by ayukdaboss(m): 10:20am On Oct 06, 2019
HBB1:

grin

Loool
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by PureFace1(m): 10:20am On Oct 06, 2019
HBB1:

grin

Oh yeah I just started watching UFC

I watched the match and Whitaker finished both rounds on the ground.

If not for the blown whistle that signal the end of the round , Isreal would have pounce on him and cause more damage

You can call it whatever you like but to me he knocked out Robert twice
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by ThierryJay: 10:20am On Oct 06, 2019
HBB1:

Jones is another kind of animal.

The shorter Gastellum and Rob tagged Adesanya good a number of times-- which I thought he would have avoided with his reach and kickboxing experience.

He dropped Robert after a reckless exchange with his eyes closed-- his eyes were actually closed!
That exchange could have gone either way.

The only person with impressive striking skills he has faced is Anderson and it was difficult.

Jones has very incredible striking and can grapple wonderfully.

To be honest Adesanya's grappling is not fantastic.

I repeat Jones is another kind of animal, buh...let's see them fight, let's see what happens.

Gastellum and Rob may have caught Izzy a few times, but if you know Izzy's style, you'd know that he doesn't mind taking a few punches cos that's what gives him the opening for his counter strikes as seen in Rob's case. He has the ability to absorb strikes without losing much balance. Jones may be an animal, the Stylebender is also a Beast.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:26am On Oct 06, 2019
Yhukay00:
Now they Can all shut up. Whittaker has been dealt with, but he should remove every thought of fighting Jon Jones from his mind. That motherfuker was brought on earth to fight.

He is planning to fight Jon Jones in 2021 after clearing out the middle weight division. He knows he is not ready now, but he can be. Na still human being go beat Jones las las.

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by davillian(m): 10:30am On Oct 06, 2019
kakakii:
Watched the highlights of the fight and I can say the guy is very good and always underrated, the crowd were not expecting him to win at all talk less of knocking him out but he prove then wrong....

Also love the way he is not afraid to show he is a Nigerian with all the bad ambassador we have abroad this is good for a change. The way he carry his country for head give me goosebumps even though his country has probably done nothing for him..

He might be fighting for other country like AJ but still shows his root

Same for them Alex iwobi, Mikel obi
They did same to Aj but we knew he is good, Isreal will Give them no option but to belive
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by AWFCNAIJA: 11:17am On Oct 06, 2019
Big ups to Israel!!!

From African Warriors Fighting Championship, we say a big congratulations on your new title.

While we celebrate Israel, see some of Africa's future stars here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4cVwxZJjg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgISvKpzu7M

You can learn about African Warriors Fighting Championship here:
Youtube & Facebook: The African Warriors Fighting Championship
Instagram: @africanwarriorsfc[i]Big ups to Israel!!!
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by TaiKuun(m): 11:36am On Oct 06, 2019
Omg that s h i t is bloody man

Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by ashjay001(m): 11:44am On Oct 06, 2019
Yhukay00:
Now they Can all shut up. Whittaker has been dealt with, but he should remove every thought of fighting Jon Jones from his mind. That motherfuker was brought on earth to fight.

Vastly different weight level undecided
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by ServantsOfTruth: 11:49am On Oct 06, 2019
anigbajumo:

Really, someone calling another tribe master while u and ur Kingmen are shouting freedom "Biafra" who is more or less a slave tribe than u " Ndigboo" in this country??

We are fighting and not Keeping Quiet...let the yourbas come and and protest for oduduwa for ones and stop cowarding

Swore is still in jail and you cowards can't get him out of jail what a shame

Kwara state was taking away from you slaves and you slaves can't take it back what a shame

Mko and his wife where killed and nobody was punished for it what a shame

Awolowo committed suicide because of your masters what happened? Nothing what a shame

Shame shame shame =SHAME

Wa wa wa =WA
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by ServantsOfTruth: 11:52am On Oct 06, 2019
We are fighting and not Keeping Quiet...let the yourbas come and and protest for oduduwa for ones and stop cowarding

Kwara state was taking away from you slaves and you slaves can't take it back what a shame

Awolowo committed suicide because of your masters what happened? Nothing what a shame

Shame shame shame =SHAME

Wa wa wa =WA
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by anigbajumo(m): 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
ServantsOfTruth:

Shame shame shame =SHAME

Wa wa wa =WA

This one na f**L Sha,who released that ur NK??No b osinbajo granted him bail while PMB is not around,ode....

How is ur people shouting and wailing released kanu??

I don't know where u see ur fictitious history,we av many insane people here on NL.I won't waste my effort to reply u again.
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by zoomman(m): 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2019
Yhukay00:
He dare not....Jon Jones is a deadly finisher....kindly ask DC.....perfectionist when it comes to beat down....there is no way they won't cross paths....but I wish adesanya the best.....
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Barrywilly(m): 1:46pm On Oct 06, 2019
They are not in the same weight category. Jones is a lightheavyweight. Jones is also a drug cheat having been indicted twice before
Yhukay00:
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by Barrywilly(m): 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2019
They can't meet. Jon Jones is a light heavyweight, while the last Stylebender is a middleweight. They are not in the same category
zoomman:

He dare not....Jon Jones is a deadly finisher....kindly ask DC.....perfectionist when it comes to beat down....there is no way they won't cross paths....but I wish adesanya the best.....
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by ServantsOfTruth: 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
anigbajumo:

This one na f**L Sha,who released that ur NK??No b osinbajo granted him bail while PMB is not around,ode....

How is ur people shouting and wailing released kanu??

I don't know where u see ur fictitious history,we av many insane people here on NL.I won't waste my effort to reply u again.

I can see that you are mad

Please mr sane tell the world where and when did your fake pastor and thief help grant bail. For nnamdi kanu

We all came down from the east to the abuja for his court case if you don't remember cause you are insane

NL is full of fake news and people like you come up with fake news lol
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by mechanics(m): 2:57pm On Oct 06, 2019
Wow, see beating, he's ready strong and mental fit.
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by YungMillionaire: 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2019
That is why I don't mess with those Lagos agbero boyz no matter how small they look...make pesin no go reset my destiny

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by YungMillionaire: 3:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
So if you marry this guy sister, she better be happy 24/7 otherwise...
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by zoomman(m): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2019
Barrywilly:
They can't meet. Jon Jones is a light heavyweight, while the last Stylebender is a middleweight. They are not in the same category
They can boss, Daniel comier was light heavy weight before moving to heavy weight, so it can happen and if you r a UFC fan there was a time both of them throw banters at each other on Social media......Dana white even said it one time during a conference that it might happen in the future.
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by 360command: 5:54pm On Oct 06, 2019
Colonelswitz101:
Chai I have bn waiting for this match since early last month n at the eleventh hour, it skipped my mind. Thank u op
It happens.. Time difference made you miss it and secondly you probably did not set your schedule to be fixed on that match..
Re: Israel Adesanya Knocks Out Robert Whittaker Now UFC Middleweight Champ (Photos) by anigbajumo(m): 7:48pm On Oct 06, 2019
ServantsOfTruth:

I can see that you are mad

Please mr sane tell the world where and when did your fake pastor and thief help grant bail. For nnamdi kanu

We all came down from the east to the abuja for his court case if you don't remember cause you are insane

NL is full of fake news and people like you come up with fake news lol

U are mad Lunatic and insane,it was when PMB out of country and handover to osinbajo as VP that was when he was granted bail,when PMB was in country Army and DSS still sent it brother to early grave while protesting and DSS refused to release him despite court orde.PMB even said it on Live broadcast that he won't release him.You are mad, nobody in ur entire tribe or Lineage will occupy either VP or Oresident.waiil till enternity u this bloody fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

From Millionaires To Minnows: The Grace To Grass Story Of Heartland / Alex Iwobi In Hospital For Food Poisoning / EPL: You’re Next Thierry Henry, Cristiano Ronaldo – Guardiola Hails Haaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.