Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized (25801 Views)

Kwara Assembly Revokes Alimi Chalet Acquired By Saraki / Why Saraki Is Afraid Of Reconvening - APC / Why Saraki, Tinubu Are Fighting – Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by bellachibaby(f): 11:45am On Oct 06, 2019
The Kwara State House of Assembly has disclosed why it directed the seizure of the Alimi Chalet and a landed property popularly called Ile Arugbo which was allegedly acquired by the former Senate President, Bukola Saraki.

It disclosed that it directed the seizure of the property because they belonged to the state government and there was no evidence that Saraki paid for them.

The Assembly gave the explanation, in a statement titled: “Our position on the seizure of Alimi Chalet, Saraki’s House” by the Special Assistant to the Speaker, Ibrahim Sheriff, over the weekend.

It declared that the allocation of the posh property to the former Senate President by the last administration was a “violent violation” of the Kwara State Former Governor’s Pension Law 2010, as amended, which had already taken care of Saraki.

The Assembly insisted that there was an evidence the property was illegally acquired.

The statement reads: “The Ile Arugbo had been erected on land originally meant for the expansion of the Civil Service Clinic and Phase II of the State Government Secretariat without any evidence that anyone paid a dime to the government for the land.

“The noise surrounding the affected property is politically motivated, as other public property unlawfully acquired are also being looked into.

“We dare say that allowing impunity to stand, no matter who is affected and how long it has taken place, is a disservice to the state and its people.

“Apart from the fact that the purported sale of the Alimi Chalet did not conform to the Kwara State former Governors’ Pension Law 2010, as amended, which incidentally was the brainchild of Saraki, we contend that there is no record anywhere that Saraki paid a dime to have the property transferred to him. The transfer only fits into what the late Fela Anikulapo called ‘paddy-paddy’ arrangement.”

The Assembly challenged the affected parties to prove they legally acquired the property by presenting evidence of payment.

“The pension law takes adequate care of the former governor (Saraki). The law allows ex-governors to own a five-bedroomed duplex, as opposed to the Alimi Chalet, which consists of three separate chalets with three boys’ quarters of three rooms each and, therefore, does not fit into the recommendation of the pension law of 2010.

“Aside from the three houses on over one hectare of land on Alimi Road supposedly given to Saraki under the state pension law, Saraki also got N250m under the same law to build another retirement home for himself.

“The said Alimi Chalet, which was gifted to him, is the property of the people of Kwara State and was never contemplated as a gift to former governors,” the Assembly said.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/10/06/kwara-assembly-give-reasons-sarakis-properties-seized/amp/

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by Simplyleo: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2019
Saraki represents our blodas from that side.

Still wondering why they havn't elected him since the people of kwara rejected him.

This saraki that used to be a very successful politician, all of a sudden, those people started supporting him and we all know where there support takes one to.

May I never be supported by these people in whatsover I seek either as a politician or otherwise.

81 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by LastSurvivor11: 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2019
I was hoping this statement should be coming from EFCC not kwara government..

All the same they should all reap what they sow!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by LastSurvivor11: 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2019
Simplyleo:

Still wondering why they havn't elected him since the people of kwara rejected him.

This saraki that used to be a very successful politician, all of a sudden, those people started supporting him and we all know where there support takes one to.

May I never be supported by these people in whatsover I seek either as a politician or otherwise.

So everyone you supported during the last election won
See how you carefully dodged the topic for cheap stupid tribalistic popularity..
You sound so daft boi..

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by Richdad50(m): 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2019
sad
Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by godwinkessi: 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2019
what I know is; every single public servant in Nigeria deserves his property confiscated. All of them. Even Buhari

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by Richdad50(m): 12:01pm On Oct 06, 2019
shocked
Silly Leo
Simplyleo:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by seangy4konji: 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2019
Hausa no deh get better plan for person pass make den enslave u

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by mujiboy(m): 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
Saraki bit more than he could chew,was over ambitious.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by ChidiAlaigbo: 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
NEVER accept Igbo support in the political arena ANYWHERE in Nigeria......It spells DOOM!!!!

lzaa immhotep, farahaideed and other biafuro guys

Simplyleo:

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
Una better take am easy with this man. No condition is permanent oo. The force backing you wouldn't be there again by the time the situation changes, my advice. Sambo dasuki is eating his beans alone today and IBB can't do anything to rescue him.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by AroleOduduwa2: 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2019
mujiboy:
Saraki bit more than he could chew,was over ambitious.

This is the episode one of many episodes, don’t gloat yet, wait till the end of the movie before you gloat.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by kestolove95(m): 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
Saraki na tif

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by kestolove95(m): 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2019
judegive368:
See below
another saraki
Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by ChidiAlaigbo: 12:06pm On Oct 06, 2019
kestolove95:
Saraki na tif

BIG THEIF!!!1

4 Likes

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by monkautos(m): 12:07pm On Oct 06, 2019
It seems some politicians don't know that politics is turn by turn

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by crownwealth: 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
Simplyleo:

[/s]

Always sounding BITTER!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by Joshmanfashion(m): 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2019
See his face he don loot kwara so tey kwarans dry like smoked fish under him just passing o��������

5 Likes

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by jamezman(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2019
I see some people showing some God forbid dysfunctional attitude...
Must we allow ourselves to wallow in self stupidity and extreme foolishness...
Always attacking another region or tribe is just a show of absolute insanity...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by 1shortblackboy: 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2019
Simplyleo:

stop the bigotry it will land u in regret sooner or later

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by Abeyjide: 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2019
long I saw him last on social media. life is so funny

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by Virginnn(f): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
This is Nigeria.
Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by colestephan86: 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
bellachibaby:
The Kwara State House of Assembly has disclosed why it directed the seizure of the Alimi Chalet and a landed property popularly called Ile Arugbo which was allegedly acquired by the former Senate President, Bukola Saraki.

It disclosed that it directed the seizure of the property because they belonged to the state government and there was no evidence that Saraki paid for them.

The Assembly gave the explanation, in a statement titled: “Our position on the seizure of Alimi Chalet, Saraki’s House” by the Special Assistant to the Speaker, Ibrahim Sheriff, over the weekend.

It declared that the allocation of the posh property to the former Senate President by the last administration was a “violent violation” of the Kwara State Former Governor’s Pension Law 2010, as amended, which had already taken care of Saraki.

The Assembly insisted that there was an evidence the property was illegally acquired.

The statement reads: “The Ile Arugbo had been erected on land originally meant for the expansion of the Civil Service Clinic and Phase II of the State Government Secretariat without any evidence that anyone paid a dime to the government for the land.

“The noise surrounding the affected property is politically motivated, as other public property unlawfully acquired are also being looked into.

“We dare say that allowing impunity to stand, no matter who is affected and how long it has taken place, is a disservice to the state and its people.

“Apart from the fact that the purported sale of the Alimi Chalet did not conform to the Kwara State former Governors’ Pension Law 2010, as amended, which incidentally was the brainchild of Saraki, we contend that there is no record anywhere that Saraki paid a dime to have the property transferred to him. The transfer only fits into what the late Fela Anikulapo called ‘paddy-paddy’ arrangement.”

The Assembly challenged the affected parties to prove they legally acquired the property by presenting evidence of payment.

“The pension law takes adequate care of the former governor (Saraki). The law allows ex-governors to own a five-bedroomed duplex, as opposed to the Alimi Chalet, which consists of three separate chalets with three boys’ quarters of three rooms each and, therefore, does not fit into the recommendation of the pension law of 2010.

“Aside from the three houses on over one hectare of land on Alimi Road supposedly given to Saraki under the state pension law, Saraki also got N250m under the same law to build another retirement home for himself.

“The said Alimi Chalet, which was gifted to him, is the property of the people of Kwara State and was never contemplated as a gift to former governors,” the Assembly said.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/10/06/kwara-assembly-give-reasons-sarakis-properties-seized/amp/
This man to me is the greatest looser in recent times, he came crashing down suddenly like the world trade center, kemi adeosun has more honour than him.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by achikolo(f): 12:13pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
Simplyleo:

[/s]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by achikolo(f): 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
[s]
Simplyleo:

[/s]
you're so barbaric
stop talking nonsense

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kwara Assembly Give Reasons Why Saraki’s Properties Were Seized by Simplyleo: 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2019
achikolo:
[s][/s]
you're so barbaric
stop talking nonsense
Mynd44 lalasticlala

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-olu Visits Lagos Island General Hospital To Celebrate Christmas / Tinubu Is Playing Die With The North By Nasir Aminu / Buhari Has Created 12 Million Jobs In Agric Sector Alone - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.