Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 (4822 Views)

2005 Volvo S40 Or 2005 Volvo S60 For E-hailing Business / Which Car Do I Go For A 2004 Lexus Es330 Or 2005 Toyota Camry / 2004 Toyota Corolla Sport Or 2005 Mercedez Benz C230 Komporessor ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by engrezenwa: 4:42pm On Oct 06, 2019
Good evening house,

I have this ‘tough’ decision. A choice between the above mentioned cars.

I’ve always enjoyed the fuel economy of 4 cylinder vehicles, I’m not particular about engine performance, as it relates to speed; as long as the car isn’t as sluggish as the 2001 pathfinder.

I know the ES330 is just a luxury version of the Camry ‘big nyash’, and that Camry is quite reliable. However, there are lots of positive reviews on the C class.

I want to enjoy good economy, reliability, and relatively cheap maintenance cost.

Help!!!
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by Vivianat(f): 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2019
Is the pathfinder that sluggish?
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by engrezenwa: 4:53pm On Oct 06, 2019
My mum had one, toooooo sluggish for a V6.

Vivianat:
Is the pathfinder that sluggish?

1 Like

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by Iogobenz(m): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2019
engrezenwa:
Good evening house,

I’ve always enjoyed the fuel economy of 4 cylinder vehicles, I’m not particular about engine performance, as it relates to speed; as long as the car isn’t as sluggish as the 2001 pathfinder.

I know the ES330 is just a luxury version of the Camry ‘big nyash’, and that Camry is quite reliable. However, there are lots of positive reviews on the C class.

I want to enjoy good economy, reliability, and relatively cheap maintenance cost.

Help!!!
Better buy your Lexus jeje if you want cheap maintenance.
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by Vivianat(f): 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2019
Lexus is it
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by naijadrivablog: 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2019
One is a 1.8L I4 Turbo (good fuel eco), the other is a 3.3L V6.
Both have pros and cons but choose the Lexus.
Go for Lexus ES330, though I dont like that glorified Camry.
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by laweenu(m): 10:55pm On Oct 06, 2019
engrezenwa:
Good evening house,

Help!!!

let me sell a Lexus es 330 to you, you can come for test driving..
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by Eddee(m): 6:54am On Oct 07, 2019
Iogobenz:
Better buy your Lexus jeje if you want cheap maintenance.

Baba, is speaking from experience. How dey go dey go? Long time no see bro

Vivianat:
Lexus is it

Uncles Timi, Nurey and co, I can confirm categorically this isn't smartchoiice grin grin
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by engrezenwa: 9:13am On Oct 07, 2019
So what have you said now?

Eddee:

Uncles Timi, Nurey and co, I can confirm categorically this isn't smartchoiice grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by Eddee(m): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2019
engrezenwa:
So what have you said now?

Don't be rude. Sit this one out (you won't understand anyway).

All the same, the Lexus is the better car (they are not even in the same class luxury-wise), the Benz is not cheap to maintain, and I dare say their fueling needs are almost the same. Stay with the Lexus

1 Like

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by Iogobenz(m): 9:33am On Oct 07, 2019
Eddee:

Don't be rude. Sit this one out (you won't understand anyway).

All the same, the Lexus is the better car (they are not even in the same class luxury-wise), the Benz is not cheap to maintain, and I dare say their fueling needs are almost the same. Stay with the Lexus
Eh bro,men I just dey my dey on a low.
Hope your side smooth bruv?
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by Eddee(m): 9:43am On Oct 07, 2019
Iogobenz:
Eh bro,men I just dey my dey on a low.
Hope your side smooth bruv?

Area calm and quiet bro
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by nurey(m): 10:43am On Oct 07, 2019
Eddee:

It is him 100% he will soon switch to another moniker to perpetrate his madness grin

1 Like

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by AutoMoTech(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
nurey:

It is him 100% he will soon switch to another moniker to perpetrate his madness grin
Bros abeg make we no turn dis thread to the usual banter thread na biko...
Lets discuss d issue on ground.... God bless bros
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by engrezenwa: 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2019
I was amazed that sane humans came to a thread that has a clearly defined purpose, to exchange pleasantries.

Thanks for pointing it out.

AutoMoTech:

Bros abeg make we no turn dis thread to the usual banter thread na biko...
Lets discuss d issue on ground.... God bless bros
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by weyreypey: 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2019
engrezenwa:
Good evening house,

Help!!!
The W203 trounces the Lexus. Although I detest the interiors of the W203. But I'd pick up the w203 in a jiffy. Happy motoring

2 Likes

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by AutoMoTech(m): 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
weyreypey:

The W203 trounces the Lexus. Although I detest the interiors of the W203. But I'd pick up the w203 in a jiffy. Happy motoring

Prefacelift is ugly walai... But the facelift is a beauty....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by Eddee(m): 7:36pm On Oct 07, 2019
engrezenwa:
I was amazed that sane humans came to a thread that has a clearly defined purpose, to exchange pleasantries.

You're still angry, easy with the name calling... Don't take life too serious.

I own an E Class. And I'm advising you to stay clear, follow Heavenl.yBang's advise if you must persist in this quest of yours. A used Benz whether toks or naija used is a ticking bomb.

1 Like

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by timifakay(m): 12:51am On Oct 08, 2019
Eddee:

Nah legalwealth borrow moniker to post

engrezenwa:

Father of the sane, why did you come to forum of insane to seek advise?
Carry your sanity to car lot and collect both cars without paying nah...

1 Like

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by AutoMoTech(m): 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
Eddee:

I own an E Class. And I'm advising you to stay clear, follow Heavenl.yBang's advise if you must persist in this quest of yours. A used Benz whether toks or naija used is a ticking bomb.
Though this statement might have been as a result of your personal experience however I disagree.
As a technician, i have seen many many toks and used Benz being used for years without issues. Infact they are very reliable if well maintained.
A badly used benz maybe but to say a benz is a ticking time bomb? Haba manah

2 Likes

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by weyreypey: 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2019
Eddee:

See your uninteresting advice. There's a reason I personally have refrained from recommending your used E Klasse to anyone. The way you cry about it shows that definitely something is very fishy as regards your ownership of the marquee
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by Eddee(m): 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
weyreypey:

See your uninteresting advice. There's a reason I personally have refrained from recommending your used E Klasse to anyone. The way you cry about it shows that definitely something is very fishy as regards your ownership of the marquee

There's nothing fishy about my car. Full disclosure on everything I do, deep down you know this. I won't lie because of a couple quid on a car, I can easily upgrade on. Truth is nobody on a tight budget should have anything to do with a Benz or an Infiniti. (I have progressive experience with both, they are good cars when they work, and money pits when things break), you won't deny this.

If a person looks for recommendation on a potential car and the first yardstick he/she chooses is "cheap parts", followed by "proximity to technicians or ease of repair" and or "low fuel consumption" - I will not recommend a Benz.

However, If he isn't on a budget then we all know the route to take in reference to the phrase "The Benz or Nothing".

I don't hate Mercs, God willing I'll always own one till the day I die, just like my grand dad. Every once in a while, I drive my old boy's 07 S Class and I feel the connection he has with that car (he fixes it himself, that's pure dedication - something I'll never be able to do. He sees nothing wrong with huge repair bills because he handles the labor aspect easily and pays for parts alone, I do!

2 Likes

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by Eddee(m): 8:17pm On Oct 08, 2019
AutoMoTech:

Though this statement might have been as a result of your personal experience however I disagree.
As a technician, i have seen many many toks and used Benz being used for years without issues. Infact they are very reliable if well maintained.
A badly used benz maybe but to say a benz is a ticking time bomb ? Haba manah

Sir, you are not referring to Mercs built over the past 15-20 years (apart from the S CLASS) by chance are you? There are only a handful vehicles in the same price range that can hold their own against an S Class, as for the other classes Mercedes no send at all, weyreypey knows this and if he's in a good mood - he'll confirm. The bottom-line is Benz owners rarely share their woes.

1 Like

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by weyreypey: 8:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
Mercedes oh my Mercedes..... eddee read up the book my Mercedes is bigger than yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by Eddee(m): 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2019
weyreypey:
Mercedes oh my Mercedes..... eddee read up the book my Mercedes is bigger than yours

I will bro, care to share any links?
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by AutoMoTech(m): 6:27am On Oct 09, 2019
Eddee:

Sir, you are not referring to Mercs built over the past 15-20 years (apart from the S CLASS) by chance are you? There are only a handful vehicles in the same price range that can hold their own against an S Class, as for the other classes Mercedes no send at all, weyreypey knows this and if he's in a good mood - he'll confirm. The bottom-line is Benz owners rarely share their woes.

I am. Like i said. U shared from your experience. Doesn't mean thats what all benz owners are experiencing. Like every machine a benz will break down. Yes. But saying its a ticking time bomb. Na him i no gree.
Oya lets go to germany. We will tell them what you said make dem dash us 2 new benz. Make we see when dem go break down.... U gree? grin

In the end tho. Every machine requires maintenance. If u maintain am wella, u go enjoy am.
Also, its important to have capable technicians/mechanics maintaining your car if not, person just turn him car to ticking time bomb grin

2 Likes

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by AutoMoTech(m): 6:29am On Oct 09, 2019
Eddee:

There's nothing fishy about my car. Full disclosure on everything I do, deep down you know this. I won't lie because of a couple quid on a car, I can easily upgrade on. Truth is nobody on a tight budget should have anything to do with a Benz or an Infiniti. (I have progressive experience with both, they are good cars when they work, and money pits when things break), you won't deny this.

If a person looks for recommendation on a potential car and the first yardstick he/she chooses is "cheap parts", followed by "proximity to technicians or ease of repair" and or "low fuel consumption" - I will not recommend a Benz.

However, If he isn't on a budget then we all know the route to take in reference to the phrase "The Benz or Nothing".

I don't hate Mercs, God willing I'll always own one till the day I die, just like my grand dad. Every once in a while, I drive my old boy's 07 S Class and I feel the connection he has with that car (he fixes it himself, that's pure dedication - something I'll never be able to do. He sees nothing wrong with huge repair bills because he handles the labor aspect easily and pays for parts alone, I do!

You said it all brother....
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by weyreypey: 6:46am On Oct 09, 2019
AutoMoTech:

You said it all brother....
He said nonsense. Utter gibberish... When you compare cars.... It should be context specific.... The w203 C230 2005 Mercedes Benz is by far a more fuel efficient vehicle than the Lexus ES 330 can dream to ever be!! Please be reasonable and rational in giving advice.... You can be held liable for misleading people...

1 Like

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by Fentanyl: 7:09am On Oct 09, 2019
Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by Eddee(m): 7:31am On Oct 09, 2019
AutoMoTech:

I am. Like i said. U shared from your experience. Doesn't mean thats what all benz owners are experiencing. Like every machine a benz will break down. Yes. But saying its a ticking time bomb. Na him i no gree.
Oya lets go to germany. We will tell them what you said make dem dash us 2 new benz. Make we see when dem go break down.... U gree? grin

In [b]the end tho. Every machine requires maintenance. If u maintain am wella, u go enjoy am.
Also, its important to have capable technicians/mechanics [/b]maintaining your car if not, person just turn him car to ticking time bomb grin

My brother, you're a technician (with a workable knowledge around multiple car systems), so it's very easy for you to keep things in perspective.

If we had qualified mechanics who can at least diagnose a fault without trial and error then every Nigerian can drive a marquee and have peace of mind. If you live in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Kano or Lagos you'll find competent mechanics with at least a C3/C4 clone.

Between Calabar/Uyo there are only three C3/c4 clones (2 in Calabar, 1 kn Uyo... they will charge you an arm and a leg for basic diagnostics and actuations/adaptations (not even programming sef).

This is a problem, you know how difficult and expensive treating a simple misfire on this new Benz engines could be (spark plugs, air hoses, ignition coils, wires, even fuel pump, clogged filters can all cause uncontrollable shaking in your cabin area). An M112's ignition coil is about 4/5k a piece, for the M272 engine we are talking about 7-9k. Fuel pumps (Autokaf and Tibao 19-25k), Fuel filters (24-28k), and once the VDO dies, you'll keep changing the above at least every year if you drive a considerable distance. Most persons use their Mercs for City Driving - mine does well over 800kms on a weekly basis.

All in all, you're right. I shouldn't have generalised that all used Mercs were ticking bombs. That statement was inconsiderate to owners of the 3 pointed star. Weyreypey kindly find a way in your heart to re-induct me into the Benz Hall of Fame grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by AutoMoTech(m): 9:14am On Oct 09, 2019
weyreypey:

He said nonsense. Utter gibberish... When you compare cars.... It should be context specific.... The w203 C230 2005 Mercedes Benz is by far a more fuel efficient vehicle than the Lexus ES 330 can dream to ever be!! Please be reasonable and rational in giving advice.... You can be held liable for misleading people...
I beg to differ. He didnt say all rubbish. Read the bolded. Many ppl want to buy a Benz enjoy the luxury it offers but want to maintain it like a 1.4l yaris... grin

Truth is Benz parts dont come cheap. But they last. Talking specifically from point of view of new suspension parts compared to other cars.

Also in support of what you said, the C180 Kompressor offers good power and economy at the same time...

1 Like

Re: 2005 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Or 2005 Lexus ES330 by AutoMoTech(m): 9:16am On Oct 09, 2019
Eddee:

My brother, you're a technician (with a workable knowledge around multiple car systems), so it's very easy for you to keep things in perspective.

If we had qualified mechanics who can at least diagnose a fault without trial and error then every Nigerian can drive a marquee and have peace of mind. If you live in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Kano or Lagos you'll find competent mechanics with at least a C3/C4 clone.

Between Calabar/Uyo there are only three C3/c4 clones (2 in Calabar, 1 kn Uyo... they will charge you an arm and a leg for basic diagnostics and actuations/adaptations (not even programming sef).

This is a problem, you know how difficult and expensive treating a simple misfire on this new Benz engines could be (spark plugs, air hoses, ignition coils, wires, even fuel pump, clogged filters can all cause uncontrollable shaking in your cabin area). An M112's ignition coil is about 4/5k a piece, for the M272 engine we are talking about 7-9k. Fuel pumps (Autokaf and Tibao 19-25k), Fuel filters (24-28k), and once the VDO dies, you'll keep changing the above at least every year if you drive a considerable distance. Most persons use their Mercs for City Driving - mine does well over 800kms on a weekly basis.

All in all, you're right. I shouldn't have generalised that all used Mercs were ticking bombs. That statement was inconsiderate to owners of the 3 pointed star. Weyreypey kindly find a way in your heart to re-induct me into the Benz Hall of Fame grin grin

Wow now I understand your point of view after this explanation. Only 3 ppl get C4 clone? Omo na die be dt o. If person come do programming nko? Hahahaha na cut neck be that

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Project: Supercharging An LR3 / 10 Tips To Elongate The Lifespan Of Your Diesel Engine / Must A Nigerian Guy Have A Car Before A Lady Agrees To Go Out With Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.