Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

M.I. - THE Pastor's Child Is A Pastor Himself. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.I. - THE Pastor's Child Is A Pastor Himself. (360 Views)

"The Pastor's Son" Vector Set To Reply M.i (photo) / From The Pastor Of Mercy Embassy Assembly Michael Moses Essien / Vector Replies M.I For Dissing Nigerian Rappers In His Song (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

M.I. - THE Pastor's Child Is A Pastor Himself. by imustsaymymindo: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2019
There is no comeback for Vector on this. Vector's high moment as a rapper was when he was in storms records and not even YSG.
He was a new-age rapper with contemporary flows and subtle punches dishing us beautiful songs such as I love you Nigeria and Maryjane.
I remember he dished out some powerful features too and even blessed two tracks in Samklef's gospel album.
However, there was a shift in the rap game globally at the period. There was a craze for wordplay, double entedre, pun or better still punchlines and the likes of Lil Wayne were having their best moments.

In Nigeria, the case was not any different. Some new generation of rappers swept in such as Ice Prince, Yung Six and Phenom giving us all sorts of amazing punchlines.
And truly that was Vector's field. He was a good word's smith and pun star.

Gradually, Vector focused on his strength and started losing commercial viability. He traded concept, message of the song, musical arrangement
for excessive usage of wordplay. Vector started saying stuffs like "If I dey piss you off, go wiwi".

When he left YSG, Vector also traded good instrumentals and settled for some boring rap beats which silenced his commercial viability forever.
And you know? Nigerians don't joke with instrumentals.
He was not dettered. His goal was to be like Modo and get lyricist on the roll.

He felt he was some rap god and even went dissing Reminisce.
Reminisce who was not much into the rap game after rapping for 10 years on the streetz of Akoka was like "Which kin wahala be this, This VEC go make person dey rap again?"

Remi was balling with his afro-juju style with songs such as kako bi chicken and only if and now he has to write some rap beef?
Remi listened to some NAS and tried to deliver about a 16-bar diss to Vector. Although, Vector won with the distractions track with lines such as
"because Remi bleach his skin doesn't make him enlightened", Remi had only his street cred left for him. Remi cried, listened to Nas more, came back with 2 mussh and teamed up with sossick and jospo consequently to release some of the best albums Nigerian rap has ever witnessed. Reminisce subsequently became better with rap and even more commercially viable than Vector.
No wonder M.I. rated Remi above Vector in the Viper.

This is what M.I. was trying to tell Vector in the Viper. He didn't just communicate verbally but non-verbally. The instrumental, bridges, delivery
and flow had its messages. Wordplay was used right and succinct. The viper wasn't a diss but a message. A message of retrospection to everyone and not just Vector.

A message to invest in people, not to burn bridges and mellow your pride. A message that a rap king can still be very much commercial.
M.I. is already making loads of money from the Viper song. It even served as the single for his upcoming EP. That was the ultimate message!
The Viper was a great sermon from M.I. the Pastor's child and the memory verse Psalms 1 is one I would never forget.
My Niggggaa: Let's pray!

(1) (Reply)

[MUSIC] Easi Boi - Weitin I Gain? / Help With "How Could You Leave Us" Mp3 Download Link. / [music] Zlatan – “super Power” Ft. Davido & Yonda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.