Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,210 members, 7,780,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:19 PM

Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests (15860 Views)

Coronavirus: Oxford University Early Trial Success Suggests “Double Protection”. / Men's Beards Carry More Bacteria Than Dogs, Study Suggests / 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by Ola17: 6:38am On Oct 07, 2019
MOVIC6:
since I was born, I no dey joke with am, lightest food you can lay ur ✋ on

Bros no be that type of tea o.

The tea in talked about in this research is green tea, black tea and the likes and not Bournvita(beverage) and bread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by Anonymous29: 6:41am On Oct 07, 2019
KosiGee:
The op should’ve added or made it clear that there is a distinction between tea and chocolate drink.
Tea drinking in Nigeria is misunderstood by lots of people.
Tea drinking to a lot of people means boiled water in a big cup or mug, ‘scoops of ovaltine, bournvita, horlicks or other sweetened chocolate powders, cubes or sugar and generous amount of either evaporated milk or powdered milk’ all mixed and vigorously stirred and enjoyed with delicious fresh Agege bread.
That’s chocolate drink.

Tea is actually made by pouring hot water over crushed tea leaves or tea bags in a cup and left for a few seconds or mins. Some people would add a squirt of milk and sugar. Lots of tea drinkers wouldn’t add sugar to it.
Typically, a normal tea is boiled water over tea bags, crushed tea leaves...milk is added depending on how strong you want it.

An eg of tea is Lipton yellow label tea bag.

very true.... but then Lipton is black tea. we still have green and oolong tea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by TheAlchemist: 6:42am On Oct 07, 2019
Commentor:
Regular Tea drinker I am.

No milk, no sugar.
Although I do once in awhile take my tea without sugar or milk, but a dash of original honey makes drinking tea most pleasurable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by IMASTEX: 6:43am On Oct 07, 2019
korel9:
Is our Nigerian tea � among the ones that can develop the brain?
Those are concentrated sugars.

1 Like

Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by oshaosha2014(m): 6:47am On Oct 07, 2019
Lipton on that list is not “hot chocolate.”

euromilion:

Those are not tea,but hot chocolate, however the research was referring to tea bags green tea in particular.
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by oshaosha2014(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2019
You mean that adulterated honey you claim is unadulterated

PureGoldh:
Nice write-up OP.

And do you also know that Pure Unadulterated Natural Original Honey can be used to replace sugar kpata kpata in your tea or pap..infact it's advisable to always take honey as its a wonderful immune system booster.

If you need Pure Original HOney.. Call or whatsapp me on 0 8 1 0166 6771
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by Commentor: 6:50am On Oct 07, 2019
ThugCheetah:
so you just enjoy the bitter taste for breakfast?

Not only for breakfast.

By the way, there are millions of tea types not just Lipton.

For instance infusion Tea of various kind.
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by meobizy(f): 6:51am On Oct 07, 2019
I'll take my chances without the substance.
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by achikolo(f): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2019
[s]
Commentor:

Not only for breakfast.

By the way, there are millions of tea types not just Lipton.

For instance infusion Tea of various kind.
[/s]
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by PureGoldh(m): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2019
oshaosha2014:
You mean that adulterated honey you claim is unadulterated

Funny enOugh... But can I ask you this?

Have we met before talk more of doing business ?

Or you just want to dent my image nii

My honey have been screened in the laboratory by qualified lab scientists and have been certified by so many of them..

So what's exactly your point sir? sad
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by manontree: 6:58am On Oct 07, 2019
Very true

Tea contains the chemical polyphenols which is very good in helping with LDL control, prevent fat cells from damage by free radicals and help with blood pressure. The benefits are legions

However avoid the sweetened teas like Bournvita and Milo. Go for tea bags and stick especially to the green tea over the black tea as they contain lesser caffeine for those suffering from insomnia

If you desire a daily higher doses of tea, remember that adding milk regularly may increase serum creatinine levels and as such not as good for your kidney.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by Ahmeduana(m): 6:58am On Oct 07, 2019
VivaDeAngelo:
Quick summary, coffee is not tea, beverages like bournvita, milo etc are not tea.

They are talking about Ceylon black tea!
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by CanadaOrBust: 7:13am On Oct 07, 2019
Edu3Again:
For normal people that's true.

In the case of Buhari,its the opposite.

Buhari appears to be getting worse
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2358520_111385321026854017343351561803944924259098n_jpegcc9c141e2dfbc6f9b46eeede8dadd1ff

They said tea, not burukutu which is what Bubu drinks

1 Like

Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by CanadaOrBust: 7:15am On Oct 07, 2019
drips8:

I'm surprised not to see either Kenya or India shocked

Kenya kwa. They said tea not marathon
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by CanadaOrBust: 7:16am On Oct 07, 2019
Witnes:

I don't think all these can better than pure honey cos they might have passed 2ru conventional/laboratory process

Pure honey contains too much sugar and has more calories than sugar

2 Likes

Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by CanadaOrBust: 7:18am On Oct 07, 2019
manontree:
Very true

Tea contains the chemical polyphenols which is very good in helping with LDL control, prevent fat cells from damage by free radicals and help with blood pressure. The benefits are legions

However avoid the sweetened teas like Bournvita and Milo. Go for tea bags and stick especially to the green tea over the black tea as they contain lesser caffeine for those suffering from insomnia

If you desire a daily higher doses of tea, remember that adding milk regularly may increase serum creatinine levels and as such not as good for your kidney.

My great granny didn’t know what was tea. She lived to 110 years and mentally sharp
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by Mariangeles(f): 7:21am On Oct 07, 2019
clems88:
shocked hmm. Later we would hear too much tea causes cancer angry
Actually, too much of everything is not good, and that includes water .
Do you know that tea and coffee inhibits iron absorption ? Not so good yeah? Our body needs iron more than tea .
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by Slym180(m): 7:29am On Oct 07, 2019
okay ooo we go start to dey take tea everyday now ....

I beg importer and clearing agent in the house make Una let transport your container for you from port to your warehouse.. check my signature please at least man must chop
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by CanadaOrBust: 7:30am On Oct 07, 2019
Ola17:

Bros no be that type of tea o.

The tea in talked about in this research is green tea, black tea and the likes and not Bournvita(beverage) and bread.

VivaDeAngelo:
Quick summary, coffee is not tea, beverages like bournvita, milo etc are not tea.

That na una problem. We only know one tea in Naija.

What you will need to make Nigerian Tea

You only need 3 ingredients to make Nigerian Tea. For one serving of Nigerian Tea made in a standard mug, you will need:

1 tin Peak Evaporated Milk
1 tablespoon Milo
Hot water

If you are using a who-send-you cup, double the quantities of ingredients above.
Some people add sugar to the above but Milo already contains large amounts of sugar so no need.

Best enjoyed by dipping Agege bread into it then dripping to your mouth
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by sinkhole: 7:46am On Oct 07, 2019
kolafolabi:
What type of tea because we have many brands in Nigeria

Eruku oshodi
Mai tea
Milo
Bournvita
Lipton
Green tea
Herbal tea
Milo and Bournvita, na tea dem be?
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by weedfada(m): 8:00am On Oct 07, 2019
Try green tea with lemon or lime... Thank me later

1 Like

Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by TheVictorious(m): 8:01am On Oct 07, 2019
kolafolabi:

Eruku oshodi
Mai tea
Milo
Bournvita
Lipton
Green tea
Herbal tea

Are Milo and Bournvita tea? Nairaland sef cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by Ola17: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

That na una problem. We only know one tea in Naija.

What you will need to make Nigerian Tea

You only need 3 ingredients to make Nigerian Tea. For one serving of Nigerian Tea made in a standard mug, you will need:

1 tin Peak Evaporated Milk
1 tablespoon Milo
Hot water

If you are using a who-send-you cup, double the quantities of ingredients above.
Some people add sugar to the above but Milo already contains large amounts of sugar so no need.
Lol. Enjoy your ‘tea’ then.
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by judgementyard(m): 8:29am On Oct 07, 2019
kolafolabi:

Eruku oshodi
Mai tea
Milo
Bournvita
Lipton
Green tea
Herbal tea
Monkey tail
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by lakesidepapa(m): 8:40am On Oct 07, 2019
manontree:
Very true

Green tea? what are the varrious types of green tea can we find in Nigeria?
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by sacx: 8:42am On Oct 07, 2019
KosiGee:
The op should’ve added or made it clear that there is a distinction between tea and chocolate drink.
Tea drinking in Nigeria is misunderstood by lots of people.
Tea drinking to a lot of people means boiled water in a big cup or mug, ‘scoops of ovaltine, bournvita, horlicks or other sweetened chocolate powders, cubes or sugar and generous amount of either evaporated milk or powdered milk’ all mixed and vigorously stirred and enjoyed with delicious fresh Agege bread.
That’s chocolate drink.

Tea is actually made by pouring hot water over crushed tea leaves or tea bags in a cup and left for a few seconds or mins. Some people would add a squirt of milk and sugar. Lots of tea drinkers wouldn’t add sugar to it.
Typically, a normal tea is boiled water over tea bags, crushed tea leaves...milk is added depending on how strong you want it.

An eg of tea is Lipton yellow label tea bag.

There is a common notion that teas like Lipton yellow label have a slimming effect on the body. True?
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by Khaleell001(m): 9:18am On Oct 07, 2019
CanadaOrBust:
So how come all the innovations are from US??

The Most Tea Loving Nations Of The World

Rank Country Annual per capita tea consumption (in kg), 2016

1 Turkey 3.16

2 Ireland. 2.19

3 United Kingdom 1.94

4 Iran 1.50

5 Russia 1.38

6 Morocco 1.22

7 New Zealand 1.18

8 Egypt 1.01

9 Poland 1.00

10 Japan 0.97

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/top-10-tea-loving-countries-in-the-world.html

"All? " innovation from the US?how?where?when?
You better edit your claim.
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by victorazyvictor(m): 9:37am On Oct 07, 2019
Rubbish!

Abokii for be the wisest

1 Like

Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by CanadaOrBust: 10:07am On Oct 07, 2019
Khaleell001:

"All? " innovation from the US?how?where?when?
You better edit your claim.

Google
Yahoo
Facebook
Amazon
Microsoft
Apple
WhatsApp
Instagram
YouTube
LinkedIn
Tumblr
Pinterest
Flickr
Scribd
Netflix
Hip hop, rock&roll, Jazz
All most innovative movies, cartoons
Vanguard in ALL areas

We can be jealous of the country but we should also tell the truth

1 Like

Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by CanadaOrBust: 10:11am On Oct 07, 2019
PureGoldh:

Funny enOugh... But can I ask you this?

Have we met before talk more of doing business ?

Or you just want to dent my image nii

My honey have been screened in the laboratory by qualified lab scientists and have been certified by so many of them..

So what's exactly your point sir? sad

Not to doubt u but certified by who exactly. Let’s see the testimonials
Re: Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests by Xclusiveme: 10:28am On Oct 07, 2019
ThugCheetah:
so you just enjoy the bitter taste for breakfast?

That's the best way to take the tea. Cos adding milk or sugar can put an effect to the tea nutrients

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Andrews Liver Salt Really Prevent Unwanted Pregnancy / Mass Resignation Of Doctors In Ondo Over Unpaid Wages / Nigeria Has More HIV--infected Babies Than Anywhere In The World - Sciencemag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.