Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,406 members, 7,800,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team (7581 Views)

President Buhari To Reconstitute NDDC Board / Minimum Wage: FG To Reconstitute Committee To Negotiate Full Implementation / 5 Months Later, FG Yet To Fix Eko Dilapidated Bridge In Lagos - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by actiondrilling: 6:20am On Oct 07, 2019
Despite the threat by the organised labour that it could not guarantee industrial peace if the Federal Government failed to meet its demand on the implementation of the new minimum wage by the close of work on October 16, 2019, the FG has yet to constitute a team to negotiate with the Joint National Public Service Negotiating Council.

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, had on September 28, during a visit by labour leaders in Abuja said a new government team would replace the old one headed by the former Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Mrs Winifred Oyo-Ita.

During the visit to the minister in Abuja, Ngige said he and other ministers in the former negotiating committee were unable to be part of the first phase of the negotiation because the cabinet was dissolved and permanent secretaries took the places of ministers in the team.

He said the former government team made appreciable progress and promised that the new team would reach an agreement with labour over the implementation of the new minimum wage.

However, more than a week after the assurance was made and about 10 days before labour executes its plan, a source at the Ministry of Labour and Employment told our correspondent on condition of anonymity that there was no sign the team would be constituted immediately.

The source said, “I am not aware that a new team will be constituted this week. The presidency is busy with budget presentation for now. Government has not constituted the committee. I have not heard anything and I don’t know when it will be reconstituted.”

When contacted the Director of Information at the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr Willie Bassey, said a statement would be made after the team had been reconstituted.

https://punchng.com/fg-yet-to-reconstitute-minimum-wage-team/amp/

1 Like

Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by PureGoldh(m): 6:25am On Oct 07, 2019
Presidency is always so busy making unserious excuses whenever it comes to matters that concerns her working class subjects but they always make sure that Law makers (senators) do collect their monthly "Newspaper Allowance" , " Hardship allowance" and even " Wardrobe allowance"

Who did we actually offend in this country? sad

16 Likes

Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by VirginSearcher(m): 6:33am On Oct 07, 2019
As big as Nigeria we are still debating about ordinary 30k as minimum wage, its a big shame, while the thief politicians collect millions angry seriously I don't know the generation that will see development in Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by chinavs9ja(m): 6:34am On Oct 07, 2019
FG is slow as snail when it comes to something that will put smiles on the faces of her people but faster than cheetah when it comes to something that will make people cry...I don't think they think twice before closing border, arresting Sowore, military workforce which are meant for Police, SSS, e.t.c...I wept for my dear country

If you love Nigeria...check my signature

6 Likes

Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by Kiddinpoh(m): 6:35am On Oct 07, 2019
Irresponsible administration
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by Muyiwaipere(m): 6:35am On Oct 07, 2019
A
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by helinues: 6:35am On Oct 07, 2019
To FG, Ngige and Labour

3 Likes

Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by Reelstudio8: 6:36am On Oct 07, 2019
Chief daddy Movie Now available on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ8lZGRcQE4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by blackboy2star(m): 6:36am On Oct 07, 2019
In 9 days time, they will be alright...
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by SincereBigot: 6:37am On Oct 07, 2019
NLC should just accept that they have been scammed and wait until 2023

1 Like

Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by whizbee(m): 6:37am On Oct 07, 2019
no be this nairaland I read that payment of the 30k minimum wage has started or I'm I seeing things?

4 Likes

Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by Emceesaka: 6:38am On Oct 07, 2019
Chris Ngige is very stupid of all dis minimum wage issue
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by PotatoSalad(m): 6:38am On Oct 07, 2019
Ehen
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by starbright4real(m): 6:38am On Oct 07, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by sapientia(m): 6:38am On Oct 07, 2019
They are never ready.
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by ivili(m): 6:40am On Oct 07, 2019
So this means...............I can visualize the next headline, "LABOUR THREATENS STRIKE".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by israelmao(m): 6:41am On Oct 07, 2019
In all honesty we have never had a government in Nigeria as chameleonic as this.

2 Likes

Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by godwinkessi: 6:42am On Oct 07, 2019
Hahahahahaha grin minimum wage is hard for them ooo. Money wey no be their money grin ok when it comes to increasing their allowances, boom, they get so fast about it grin thunder scatter all of them there for Abuja and even this ones in Uyo!

See how difficult it is for this buns, our collective money oooo. 30,000 is still poor. Minimum wage should be 70k and that same money should go to even Reps and senators. We are all equal for God sake
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by Simplyleo: 6:42am On Oct 07, 2019
One of the areas this govt looks so stupid is this minimum wage thingy.
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by achikolo(f): 6:43am On Oct 07, 2019
[s]
Simplyleo:
[/s]
yes I agree hunny
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by ostechno(m): 6:44am On Oct 07, 2019
Too bad
Check my signature for your PayPal withdrawal service
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by oluwasegun007(m): 6:44am On Oct 07, 2019
Which federal government
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by BRASH: 6:45am On Oct 07, 2019
Buhari is wicked. Ngige the dwarf is wicked. All government officials are wicked. What labour is demanding for is nothing compared to what these criminals take home. Not to talk of the lawmakers and their bogus allowances. They are all evil and deserv to be stoned to death. The annoying part is that some idiots here will be shouting sai baba, apc and pdp etc, while their parents are struggling to survive af 35 yrs of service.

1 Like

Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by Jabioro: 6:45am On Oct 07, 2019
Ours new team are still in the making ..I think it should be oza room..Na so we dey see for Monday morning.. starting your blessed working days we FGN is waking up to unknown land... Wondering is your second name..
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by danhans(m): 6:47am On Oct 07, 2019
[quote author=Emceesaka post=82911407lChris Ngige is very stupid of all dis minimum wage issue[/quote]

Na today?
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by Kennitrust(m): 6:47am On Oct 07, 2019
Hello
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by obembet(f): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2019
Abeg senators salaries is more important jare..

Don't worry they will implement it 2023

1 Like

Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by money121(m): 6:52am On Oct 07, 2019
Scam
Re: FG Yet To Reconstitute Minimum Wage Team by BRASH: 6:53am On Oct 07, 2019
Simplyleo:
its a lie. Buhari is the most intelligent and caring president in the world. He is the best ever in nigeria. We like him. We love him. We stand with him. He is our darling daddy. Its only wailers and looters that can't see this, and u must be one of them.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogbonnaya Onu Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today / Anambra: Godwin Maduka Withdraws Petition At The Election Tribunal / Obi Cubana Offers To Purchase Nairaland For N5 Billion Naira or $11 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.