Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments (4435 Views)

NLC Faults N180 Billion Palliatives, Says Governors Will Frustrate Programme / FG says Governors Opposed Bailout’s N162m Monthly Repayment Plan / Abiola Ajimobi Loses Four Of Four Announced Local Governments In Oyo South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by Kavuki: 6:49am On Oct 07, 2019
Governors castrated local govts, says Kashamu

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Ogun State in the last general election, Senator Buruji Kashamu, has said he was delighted at the Buhari administration’s efforts to bring succour to ordinary Nigerians by freeing local governments from governors who castrated them.
Kashamu, who spoke in an interview, said President Muhammadu Buhari means well for the country.
He said: “It is an open secret in Nigeria that governors had castrated the local governments by depriving them access to their statutory funds. This has turned into a serious economic strangulation at the grassroots which prompted me into making the declaration during my electioneering that I will never touch local government funds if elected as governor. I salute President Buhari for having the rare political courage and patriotism to save the Nigerian masses through the NFIU monitoring of local government funds.  I strongly believe that sooner than later the people will feel the impact of this initiative.
Kashamu called on all Nigerians to support Buhari to make a success of his effort to correct the infrastructure deficit in the country.
“The President must be supported by all Nigerians for his giant strides in the area of correcting the infrastructure deficit. If you consider what he is doing at the airports together with the road construction in different parts of the country, it becomes obvious that he means well for the nation,” he said.
Kashamu said he had not abandoned the PDP but noted that there must be an end to campaign for governance to thrive.
“After an election, any genuine political gladiator must partner with the government for the development of the society and the advancement of its people. That is why I am in politics. It is about my people’s welfare and certainly not out of want of what to do,” Kashamu said.
On what he does now, he said: “A lot has been happening. As you are aware, I am an entrepreneur and an employer of labour. I have been in business for decades before I ventured into active politics about a decade ago. So, after my stint at the Senate, I simply returned to my businesses of cotton ginnery, hospitality, real estate and entertainment.”
Kashamu said he went into the election expecting victory, adding that “Nobody will reasonably commit so much into a cause like I did with the intention of losing. My participation in the election was more of a struggle against impunity, injustice and the overbearing attitude of some of our political actors. I hate injustice with a passion. I can give anything to fight injustice. We put in our best. But, the protracted court case had adverse effect on our supporters and mobilisation efforts. We thank God that the Rule of Law prevailed and we were on the ballot against the expectations of the lawbreakers.”
Kashamu said the fight against corruption deserved the support of all if Nigeria must survive, adding that it must not be politicised or trivialised.
“But, it cannot be overstated that corruption knows no tribe, religion or race; it is also not limited to any political party. We are all culpable. We appoint our relatives and favour people who are ready to grovel at our feet. We do not reward merit. Everywhere you turn, mediocrity is the order of the day. “The only way to fight corruption is to take personal responsibility, live and lead by example, and I think this President is excellently doing so. More importantly, I think this present administration has made us to realize the need to do away with the extravagance of the past. Now, we must work and live within our means. Let’s not just preach, let’s practice what we preach. We can earn a decent living by identifying and taking on opportunities around us. Before now, many Nigerians see political office as an opportunity to become billionaires.
“Others simply become billionaires overnight by working with government. Some politicians spend their time cutting deals and sponsoring people to look for government tenders. All of these must stop if we are desirous of a new and prosperous Nigeria. And this cannot be done by the government alone. We, as citizens and stakeholders, must gird our loins and lend our full support to the fight against corruption. Another way to fight corruption is to end impunity. When we talk about corruption, the tendency is for us to think only in terms of financial corruption. But, when political leaders go against the laws of the land as if no one can hold them accountable, it is corruption. It is happening in my party, the PDP, with respect to the party structure in Ogun State. We have to be able to end impunity and say it does not matter who you are, where you are from and who is your godfather.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/governors-castrated-local-govt-%E2%80%95-kashamu/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by Wantedmiller: 6:53am On Oct 07, 2019
Governors matter weak me

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by PureGoldh(m): 6:54am On Oct 07, 2019
Na dem dem sha angry

Em Governors do forget that it's actually the Local governments that do make up the state which they are governing.

Charity they do say begins at home
Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by helinues: 6:57am On Oct 07, 2019
Ex senator .. At least Kashamu is a bit generous.

Amosun's political oblivion loading at the speed of UFO's craft

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by RealLordZeus(m): 7:50am On Oct 07, 2019
The man talk sense but hope no b say e wan jump ship

6 Likes

Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by Gazzy88(m): 7:52am On Oct 07, 2019
helinues:
Ex senator .. At least Kashamu is a bit generous.

Amosun's political oblivion loading at the speed of UFO's craft
Really? Explain please...
Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by ostechno(m): 7:56am On Oct 07, 2019
Lol

Check my siggy for your PayPal account and funds withdrawal services
Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by dallyemmy: 8:02am On Oct 07, 2019
Which means that the government is not reaching the grassroot that needs it most. Shame on our leaders!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by helinues: 8:03am On Oct 07, 2019
Gazzy88:
Really? Explain please...

Which of the above sir?
Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by DWJOBScom(m): 8:08am On Oct 07, 2019
It’s not a funny thing and I hope it’s actualized
The LGA was used to enrich local politicians who will become delegates during primaries and thugs during elections.
Like most of his programs which sounds good but poor implementation example promising Benue people of leaving his IG with them only to declare that he never knew his orders weren’t obeyed all the while the IG was only listed on his details whenever he goes to Duara
Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 07, 2019
grin

Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by whitebulb(m): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2019
Land for sale
Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by BafanaBafana: 8:30am On Oct 07, 2019
I went to my local government headquarters last month and it was just the same way it was in 2003. It was in that era that my village was electrified and since then, I don't think there has been rural electrification anywhere. I Blame Obasanjo for this he handed over the local government to governors so he can gain their support for second term.
Now this same governors want state police.

2 Likes

Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by Gazzy88(m): 8:51am On Oct 07, 2019
helinues:

Which of the above sir?
You said amosun well soon become oblivious politically and and I asked how.
Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by helinues: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2019
Gazzy88:
You said amosun well soon become oblivious politically and and I asked how.

Cos No reps or senates serves more than 2 times from my constituency which Amosun represents
Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by naijaseeker: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2019
RealLordZeus:
The man talk sense but hope no b say e wan jump ship

I beg to differ kindly. Deep analysis show that local government administration is an unnecessary burden and expenditure. Further, it cannot deliver its expected purposes because the structure is wrong. In a true federalism, the states should determine how they will administer their local governments as the different states differ. A local government in Sokoto cannot be administered the same as in Anambra and making the local government a constitutional third tier is only obtainable in Nigeria. Other federations like USA, Canada, Germany, Australia etc live it to the States. I will link you to these videos for clearer understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_mjqaHx72Y&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIl_vxcOGws

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by Lagosfinder(m): 9:18am On Oct 07, 2019
True
Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by Wasky101: 9:32am On Oct 07, 2019
Ok
Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by Gazzy88(m): 9:57am On Oct 07, 2019
helinues:

Cos No reps or senates serves more than 2 times from my constituency which Amosun represents
I'm from his senatorial district too. He's a smart man. I totally get your point. He's using his closeness with the president very well.
Re: Kashamu Says Governors Castrated Local Governments by helinues: 10:00am On Oct 07, 2019
Gazzy88:
I'm from his senatorial district too. He's a smart man. I totally get your point. He's using his closeness with the president very well.

Broda, na his last be that ooo.. Aaare

(1) (Reply)

Easter: Our Tomorrow Shall Be Better, Ikpeazu Assures Abians / 2023: Wike In Talks With APC, May Dump PDP / I Assisted Daniel To Claim Ogun Indigeneship,Daniel Is From Isoko — Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.