Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? (16905 Views)

National Identification Number (NIN) Tokenization: What You Should Know / NIMC NIN Verification Service (NVS) Restored / Benefits Of National Identification Number (NIN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by peterjulius00(m): 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
the question is that those of us that have register before now and have not see their NIN no since 2015 till now.. what will happen to them now?
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by emmybernard(m): 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2019
Can you tried and report them to the authorities?
phayvoursky:
AT BADAGRY CENTRE (TOWN HALL TO BE PRECISE), THE FORM IS SOLD TOO AT A #100 NAIRA.

DUE TO THE URGENCY IN GETTING MY NIN. I WAS MADE TO PAY #3000 TO GET MY NIN WITHIN 48 HRS.

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by TGM2015: 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Not true. I did my pre-registration online, got to the center with my print out, but my genuine print out from the NIMC website that had barcode was not accepted. They said I must buy form N50. That's that their system there, my print out was not taken. The Nigerian Civil Service is a hotbed of corruption.
I can't doubt your post because I had same issue at Ikoyi Immigration Office early this year. I think there was a welcome notice when you access the pre-enrolment webpage (see attached picture). While I have never interact with their customer care agents, I believe we should start reporting these centers through their official channels and social media. In your own case they should not force you to buy the N50 form. Anyway, below are links to contact their headquarters and report such cases officially.

https://www.nimc.gov.ng/contact/
https://www.nimc.gov.ng/docs/customer_care_interface.pdf

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Horhlardahyor(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
I did mine last year.. And I was told to pay one hundred naira before I can collect it. That's Naija for you
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by damble: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
I CAN STILL RECALLECT THE DAY I WENT FOR MINE IN ONDO TOWN FEW YEARS BACK. I WAS ASKED TO PAY FOR FUEL & THERE WAS ELECTRICITY THAT DAY. CURRUPTION IS FROM THE HEAD DOWN TOE IN THIS COUNTRY
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by RexTramadol1: 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
I will mention center

At The Bells Univerity Ota, they collect N300 for that same form

And another N200 if you want to collect your NIN slip
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by SEGLIZ: 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Not true. I did my pre-registration online, got to the center with my print out, but my genuine print out from the NIMC website that had barcode was not accepted. They said I must buy form N50. That's that their system there, my print out was not taken. The Nigerian Civil Service is a hotbed of corruption.

you said it all, the civil servants are worse criminals than even politicians, but they would be the first to call out politicians.
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by teemy(m): 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
Obviously it is a scam and illegal on the part of the officials there.

In ogbomoso, I initially tried to register about two years ago and was told it was N200. I did not get to do it as the person to take the photograph was not around. On the form itself, it said to call the NiMC number if the form was being sold.

Last year when I went to do it and the bill was N300. Now this year, it is N500.

There is no justification for it whatsoever apart from greed. The concept of having a center for it is to allow people like the uneducated walk in there and do it easily just like the bvn registration. It is fully government sponsored and thus should bear no cost.

I guess I also paid a part in the way things continued by not reporting to the nimc department HQ. I will move on now to the nimc channel on twitter and anyone who has a similar experience should do so as well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nimc_ng/status/1176201500810461184

I just voiced my complaint tagging this nairaland thread
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by oforjide: 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
They made a huge mistake on my own, my date of birth and gender were incorrect and I'm worried. Please I will appreciate if someone can tell me how to correct the errors. The mistakes have disturb me a lot, thanks
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by ope33: 2:06pm On Oct 07, 2019
It is true even in Kogi State they collect up to N500 and still ask u to come back d following week to get it(Laminated one)
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by kkboy(m): 2:11pm On Oct 07, 2019
My worry with most Nigerians is that we don't read and spare time to make informed inquiries.
A visit to google site will tell you all you need to know and do about the registration.
you can even fill that form at home, print it out and take it to NIM

1 Like

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Awaoyelmoni(m): 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2019
Op ur own sef small, I had an assignment to run in Michika Adamawa state nd the NIMC staff charge 1k for national i.d slip, I lie not #500 to fill the form nd #500 at the point of collection total rip off i tell you..
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by owila4luv(m): 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2019
that lady took her time to print it out from the internet, so i think she is been smart as she recognized a problem an took advantage of it. nevertheless if you don't want to buy you can as well print it from the internet and fill.
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by teemy(m): 2:19pm On Oct 07, 2019
I went to their website and messaged them using their links to twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.

Now I can be rest assured I played my civic duty a s Nigerian to report infractions to the relevant department.

I hope we will hear a public statement soon.
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Ejyksneh(m): 2:27pm On Oct 07, 2019
You don't have sense at all, idiot
Sirmuel1:
This is Nigeria. Pay them, make them chop too! 100 naira won't add or remove anything from you.

If you can't pay, go to their website and download by yourself.

2 Likes

Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Amaechi667(m): 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2019
After all the stress internal error will still occur
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Emmy3(m): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2019
SEGLIZ:

you ain't getting it, the centre told people to go there for form then return to them for processing.

The this is a direct case of playing safe while institutionalizing corruption.
Now I get the gist...

The NIMC staffers do not want to be directly involved in the hoax so as to be unindicted should in case of uncovering.

The petrol attendant /Station is their extortion (selling) point.
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by gentleguy1975: 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2019
My own experience, I went for the national id and I was told to stand in front of the screen,after the whole stories I paid #200 to the guy and I was given the temporary card where the NIN was written
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by ThatFairGuy: 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
Did mine in 2017 and paid #200 fuel and lamination fee AS CLAIMED cheesy
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by jadeliyi(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
in abeokuta? , well i did my own at the local council development area in panseke earlier this year and i dont pay a dime.
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by hardon1(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2019
go to their website on twitter handle,u will find their sos number there. call the number and give the phone ot the attendant at the place you are telling them someone from headquarters wants to speak with them, i bet you they will 20 forms for free
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by patikh123(m): 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2019
I was also asked to pay N200 when I did mine too in one center in Edo State (
Esan land) but this time around the officials told me its for fuel to keep d generator running... hmmmmmm naija my country..
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by abibun: 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2019
They will tell u the money is for fuelling of the gen
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Treasure17(m): 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2019
Well they said it was free when I registered around July but we paid twenty naira for a photocopy of said form and hundred naira for lamination.
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by okomile(f): 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2019
able20:
Maybe only in Abeokuta, in Lagos it's free.

Bros, I bought form for N10 paid N100 after capture. They gave me laminated print out to come back for the NIN number in three weeks.

Three weeks has elapsed, the rude lady kept telling me that they can't print out. I should come back.

UBA Oyingbo!!!!!!!!

After filling forms we were informed that server is not working. I left and returned three says later. Stood for over two hours before i was called to capture.

Am yet to get the number. Funny Nigerians. We all die here. Nigeria my country
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by SEGLIZ: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2019
Emmy3:

The this is a direct case of playing safe while institutionalizing corruption.
Now I get the gist...

The NIMC staffers do not want to be directly involved in the hoax so as to be unindicted should in case of uncovering.

The petrol attendant /Station is their extortion (selling) point.

exactly the case.
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by SEGLIZ: 3:43pm On Oct 07, 2019
Nanorest:

Wait till you are told to pay 5k to get it instantly

I dey forward match to my house be that o. but truth is can I forward match! everywhere you go they demand it. even bank.
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by OdenKelechi(m): 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2019
SEGLIZ:
Good morning to all the comrades on nairaland.
please, i would like to know if this is the standard procedure.

I was at one of the NIN centre in Abeokuta on Friday 4th of October, to get myself registered, on getting there I inquired from people I met on ground how to go about things.

I was told to go out to a nearby fuel station to get the form. at the station, the fuel attendant (a lady to be precise) told me I am to pay a fee of a hundred Naira before I can get the form.

Questioning the act the young lady only turn to whatever it was she was reading before my arrival without giving a damn I was there standing. after I payed for the form, i returned to the center to fill out the form only to hear people at about 5 minutes past 10, saying they've stop the collection of form till the next day which would be today Monday.

Please is it the standard procedure to buy this form as a citizen or a foreigner intending to naturalize?

N. B. I intentionally held back the name of that centre for now.
Just 100 naira
Nigga i paid 1k for that shit in ibadan back in August. I didn't even have the strength to argue cos i was made to believe it's free. But i needed it badly to update my sim reg so i just paid it
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by All4real2: 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2019
able20:
Maybe only in Abeokuta, in Lagos it's free.
who tell u for where i de stay for Lagos that same form na #500 no Abeg
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by Safari29: 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2019
i did mine by myself online, printed the form and took it to nin center at eti osa local government, the accepted it and i got the original slip the following week all without paying a dime
Re: NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? by All4real2: 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2019
TGM2015:

Most of those that purchase such form are those who have not take the option of online registration. The ladies was charging you for the service he has rendered, that is, the service of helping you to visit the NIMC website, download and print the enrolment form for easy pick up by people like you. Your N100 was not for the form but the service of getting the form on demand without stress.

If you want to get your enrolment form free of charge, then you are to visit their website to pre-enrolled yourself and print out the filled pre-enrolment form with bar code OR download and print the enrolment form yourself, fill it and take it to their registration center for biometrics and photographs. By the time you calculate the cost and the stress, you will realise why the lady sold the form to you for N100.

For more information about Pre-enrolment and free enrolment form, you can visit https://www.nimc.gov.ng/preenrolment-online/

may be you are one of them otherwise what reason could have been justifiable for the selling of that form are they not paid by government

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Primaries: HURIWA Tells EFCC To Arrest All Delegates After Atiku’s Victory / INEC Probes Claim Of PVCs Found In Anambra Forest / Police Arrests 5 Suspects Over Bomb Blast In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.