Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,031 members, 7,807,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President (11976 Views)

2023: Obasanjo Backs Akinwunmi Adesina Over Tinubu / President Buhari Nominates Okonjo-iweala For World Trade Organization DG Post / Nigerians Blast Adesina For Saying Deaths In PDP Are More Than Deaths In APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by Simplyleo: 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2019
[s]
FarahAideed:

The consequence of that mistake is hanging over Buhari like the sword of Damocles ..Don't worry I assure you all that most of you will end up in jail when Nigeria is eventually rescued by the Grace of God . I know you will go on exile by 2024 and there your comeuppance will treat your Bleep up .

You are a sound young man but your love for survival has made you to lose conscience on the altar of your greed for pittance . I have policy in life that works for me and its " I never have anything to do with anyone who has a spirit of survivalism dwelling in them " , people like YOU!!!!
[/s]
You had assured all nairalanders that buhari will not be sworn in for the second term, it turns out to be greatest of lies. Now it is 2024 again? What a cry from a failure.

The removal of thief judge who had planned to subvert justice to favour athifku is a win win for Nigeria.

Struggling for survival? I don't know you and whatever you are but I'm 100% certain I live a far better life than you. Coming to nairaland to start posting pictures of some ordered offada rice or a living room is the way of lowlifers struggling to be noticed and that is not my way. I leave that for the dudes actually struggling to survive like you, perhaps to catch the attention of some greedy ladies on the forum.
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by achikolo(f): 12:10pm On Oct 07, 2019
[s][s]
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
You had assured all nairalanders that buhari will not be sworn in for the second term, it turns out to be greatest of lies. Now it is 2024 again? What a cry from a failure.

The removal of thief judge who had planned to subvert justice to favour athifku is a win win for Nigeria[/s].

[s]Struggling for survival? I don't know you and whatever you are but I'm 100% certain I live a far better life than you. Coming to nairaland to start posting pictures of some ordered offada rice or a living room is the way of lowlifers struggling to be noticed and that is not my way. I leave that for the dudes actually struggling to survive like you, perhaps to catch the attention of some greedy ladies on the forum.
[/s][/s]
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by FarahAideed: 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

The removal of thief judge who had planned to subvert justice to favour athifku is a win win for Nigeria.

Struggling for survival? I don't know you and whatever you are but I'm 100% certain I live a far better life than you. Coming to nairaland to start posting pictures of some ordered offada rice or a living room is the way of lowlifers struggling to be noticed and that is not my way. I leave that for the dudes actually struggling to survive like you, perhaps to catch the attention of some greedy ladies on the forum.

So you agree the illegal removal of the CJN was all about the election , ofcourse y'all knew Bubu would have to rig the elections shamelessly and brazenly in manner no upright Judge can agree to so you people had bring in the current impostor who would do anything to subvert justice on behalf of his benefactor ... Shameless people

1 Like

Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by Simplyleo: 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2019
[s]
FarahAideed:

So you agree the illegal removal of the CJN was all about the election , ofcourse y'all knew Bubu would have to rig the elections shamelessly and brazenly in manner no upright Judge can agree to so you people had bring in the current impostor who would do anything to subvert justice on behalf of his benefactor ... Shameless people
[/s]
If it was illegal, Saraki your tin god was the head of an arm that could have swung into action to address such breach, but since he was a party to the Dubai strategy, even conscience didn't allow him say a word because he he was in the details of all the plan.

After going through PEPT ruling, people like you expecting athifku to be announced winner against any sound judgement will rather relapse into the default state and start shouting "injustice".

Ask him where the injustice lies, he digress and start making some funny sound only him understands.
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by achikolo(f): 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2019
[[s]s]
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
If it was illegal, Saraki your tin god was the head of an arm that could have swung into action to address such breach, but since he was a party to the Dubai strategy, even conscience didn't allow him say a word because he he was in the details of all the plan.

After going through PEPT ruling, people like you expecting athifku to be announced winner against any sound judgement will rather relapse into the default state and start shouting "injustice".

Ask him where the injustice lies, he digress and start making some funny sound only him understands.
[/s][/s]
more trash
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by TheAlchemist: 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
festacman:
Kudos to President Buhari for this re-nomination although Akinwunmi Adesina himself is an 'underground smooth politician' who has a way of warming up to key stakeholders. Hope he gets re-elected because he is eminently qualified and super smart.

However, at the risk of being misunderstood and badly-tagged, I want to state that I am not sure, apart from national pride, what 'special things' Nigeria has gained from AFDB under Akinwumni Adesina. Similarly, I am still at sea about his accomplishments and policy legacies as Minister of Agriculture. I want to be educated on these if anybody knows.

The greatness of a man is measured to some extent by his ability to bow out when the ovation is loudest. Very few people in power can be like Mandela.
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by majamajic(m): 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2019
Simplyleo:
Our blodas from that side go soon start wailing profusely.

Conversely, when one is picked from them, they won't stop wailing, but rather start screaming, "it is because he merit it"

Then I asked, so bubu still dey pick merit ni?

When yoruba or hausa or any other tribe is picked, it is tribalism but when it is them, it is merit, nawao.

can't u wait and see before u comment , abi u wan be the first offender trying to defend ?

your own tribalism no be here
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by CanadaOrBust: 12:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
Yoruba amaka
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by alaira(m): 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2019
[[/s]sub][/sub][s]
ithink7:
Who else would he have nominated.

If Buhari have his way, he'll nominate a Fulani.
He should have nominated me. grin
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by yuskel(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
Honestly this is one of the things Bubu did that I was really proud of.

During electioneering Dr Femi Adesina campaigned for Goodluck Jonathan against President Muhammed Buhari. He said so many things about Buhari that were unpleasant.

But after the election, that saw Buhari as the winner. He was nominated by Goodluck Jonathan for the post of ADFB president and President Buhari supported him wholeheartedly despite their different political view.

Now four years after he had been nominated by the same President Buhari that most you considered to be vindictive and tribalistic.

The same thing happened in the case of CBN governor Godwin Emefiele.
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by Boyooosa(m): 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2019
Pls dont go for second term, we need you more, in our country. Your successive minister did not meet up eith the standard u set, I dont even have an idea of who the current one is.... undecided
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by Boyooosa(m): 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
Luciferlove:
I don't even know what to say... He deserves an akolade grin grin
akolade ko, abolade ni grin
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by wink2015(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2019
agabusta:
Buhari nominates Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina for re-election as AFDB President

President Muhammadu Buhari has nominated Dr Akinwunmi Adesina for re-election as the President of African Development Bank (AfDB).

Mr Adesina, while speaking at an event in Lagos on Sunday, appreciated Mr Buhari for nominating him for re-election for a second term as president of the bank.

According to Mr Adesina, Nigeria has invested so much in me.

“When asked by former President Goodluck Jonathan to serve as Minister of Agriculture, it was duty calling me to the land of my birth.

“I served Nigeria to the very best of my ability. I thank God that Nigeria’s agriculture sector witnessed a much-needed transformation at the time.

`With the strong support of President Jonathan and the then President-elect, Buhari, we campaigned very hard for the position of the President of the African Development Bank.

“It was a Nigeria effort, as all hands were on deck.

“This included our former presidents and heads of state, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar, Gen. Yakubu Gowon, Olusegun Obasanjo, former Vice Presidents Atiku Abubakar and Namadi Sambo, and of course my dear indefatigable sister, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, who ran a spirited campaign for me.

“By God’s grace, I was elected President of the African Development Bank on May 28, 2015, exactly 24 hours after my term of office as Minister ended.

“The nation jubilated as I became the first-ever Nigerian to be elected President of the bank since its establishment in 1964.

“Once again, Nigeria gave me air in my lungs.

“At the African Development Bank, we have worked very hard.

“In my four years as President, we have connected 16 million people to electricity, provided 70 million people with improved agricultural technologies to achieve food security.

“We have also given nine million people access to finance from private sector companies, provided 55 million people with access to improved transport, and 31 million people with access to water and sanitation.

“In all, 181 million people have directly benefitted from our investments.

“I am proud of all my staff and the Board of Directors whose hard work and relentless support have helped make this happen.

“The African Development Bank has continued to maintain its global AAA rating. Last year, the bank was rated the 4th most transparent institution globally.

“There is still much to do. We have gone some way climbing the steep mountainside of Africa’s development, yet there is still much way to go until we reach the mountaintop.

“Nigeria again is giving me air in my lungs, to keep on climbing.

“I wish to immensely thank and appreciate President Buhari for nominating me for e-election for a second term as President of the African Development Bank and for being such a wonderful champion and supporter of my re-election,’’ Mr Adesina said.

(NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/356277-buhari-nominates-adesina-for-re-election-as-afdb-president.html

Mr Akinwunmi Adesina and Prof. Yemi Osinbajo are qualified technocrat from the south west.

They are far better than ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU.

Tinubu is just after power and money as he never learnt anything from the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo.
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by phylshan: 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2019
The kind of technocrats Nigeria needs
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by BuhariAdvocate: 4:29pm On Oct 07, 2019
Kudos to you man. I think Nigerians love this man like president Buhari.
Re: AFDB: Buhari Nominates Akinwunmi Adesina For Re-Election President by mechanics(m): 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
agabusta:
One of Naija's Bright stars. Keep shining Dr. Akinwunmi. However, the country needs you as president in 2023.
That's right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Asks Tribunal To Dismiss Three Opposition Parties’ Petitions Against Tinubu’ / Oshiomhole Threatens To Withdraw Bedc’s C Of O In Edo / Tinubu: I Have No Rift With Buhari, What You Have Been Reading Is Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.