Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,573 members, 7,801,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

You Can Still Get That Dream Job!!!!!!!no More Depression/check Here Now - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / You Can Still Get That Dream Job!!!!!!!no More Depression/check Here Now (1434 Views)

My Experience Searching For A Job (no Jokes) / The Job No One Wants In Nigeria: University Toilet Cleaners - Their Untold Story / Lets Build Your CV For You to get that dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Still Get That Dream Job!!!!!!!no More Depression/check Here Now by HRclinic: 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I seen a whole lot of threads on Nairaland lately because some people with good skills have found it difficult to move ahead in life because of lack of job, hard luck, lack of resources to move up the ladder and become someone in life and etc. For example

https://www.nairaland.com/5440462/depressed-soul-needs#82637630

https://www.nairaland.com/3356380/graduate-depression-lead-open-suicide

https://www.nairaland.com/3353785/six-years-after-graduation-yet

On this thread, if you have come through this type of experience and now a success, please do well to share your story with us to encourage others

If you are in this sort of predicament, also share with us so well-meaning people reading can reach out to you too.

I am a Lead HR Analyst with some experience in talent sourcing and recruitment management and want to help in my own little way. I have helped placed over 500 graduates in different jobs all for free and it's time to do more!

I have created a whatsapp platform where I will mentor people , put up job openings and career advice. Free CV Reviews, Interviewing Coaching, Referrals, etc. awaits everyone.

To be added to the platform click the link below :

Join here

Sure before the end of 2019, some of us here if not all on this thread will have a good story to tell.
Re: You Can Still Get That Dream Job!!!!!!!no More Depression/check Here Now by HRclinic: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
Also feel free to share your experience with us here
Re: You Can Still Get That Dream Job!!!!!!!no More Depression/check Here Now by Anuoluwap(m): 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2019
Hello there,
I'm Anuoluwapo Peters, been on job search for 3 months now. Got invitation for aptitude test at AYE and Access bank respectively. Both didn't work out. Did aptitude tests online twice for a placement, well, same sad story.
Through this attempts I got to know about GMAT questions. They can be tricky, don't think you know the answer, best it to find the answer to most of them. In essence, you can outsmart those questions just be calm and think before answering them. I got better by time after severally attempting the test.
Well, for my career, I focus on HR/Administrative roles. My dream is to be a Top class HR manager in the nearest future.
I stay in Ogun, but most of the offers I apply for are in Lagos. I notice HR managers would prefer those in Lagos and to lie about my address would be unprofessional and unethical. That's my major concern for now. I'm so optimistic, someone out there is meant to help my career. I believe!

1 Like

Re: You Can Still Get That Dream Job!!!!!!!no More Depression/check Here Now by uncleteeh(m): 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2019
Also hope to get help here.
I am a graduate architect. I have been searching for both white collar job and contract.
OAK GROUP.
Re: You Can Still Get That Dream Job!!!!!!!no More Depression/check Here Now by uncleteeh(m): 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2019
I also hope to get help here. I am a graduate Architect. looking for both white collar job and contract. OAK GROUP
Re: You Can Still Get That Dream Job!!!!!!!no More Depression/check Here Now by HRclinic: 2:12pm On Oct 08, 2019
Anuoluwap:
Hello there,
I'm Anuoluwapo Peters, been on job search for 3 months now. Got invitation for aptitude test at AYE and Access bank respectively. Both didn't work out. Did aptitude tests online twice for a placement, well, same sad story.
Through this attempts I got to know about GMAT questions. They can be tricky, don't think you know the answer, best it to find the answer to most of them. In essence, you can outsmart those questions just be calm and think before answering them. I got better by time after severally attempting the test.
Well, for my career, I focus on HR/Administrative roles. My dream is to be a Top class HR manager in the nearest future.
I stay in Ogun, but most of the offers I apply for are in Lagos. I notice HR managers would prefer those in Lagos and to lie about my address would be unprofessional and unethical. That's my major concern for now. I'm so optimistic, someone out there is meant to help my career. I believe!

Great to hear from you Anu.
I notice HR managers would prefer those in Lagos and to lie about my address would be unprofessional and unethical ...well this might be true and also untrue. HR Managers want those closer to the work location for ease of accessibility and logistics. Someone who applied for a job in Port Harcourt and resides in Ogun State without no close relative in PH to stay with if offered the job will have a torrid time settling in fast to deliver on the job. I advise candidates to state their current residential address and put in bracket WILLING TO RELOCATE

1 Like

Re: You Can Still Get That Dream Job!!!!!!!no More Depression/check Here Now by cris83: 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
I have a Bachelors degree in Geology from university of Ibadan and masters in Petroleum Geoscience from the university of Ghana. Unfortunately I have not been able to find a job despite my qualifications. I do not have any noticeable skills that will make me stand out from my peers other than I am willing to work hard. Only job I was able to get was in a school and that was before I embarked on my masters program. Since I finished my masters in 2014, I have not gotten a single job. I need help desperately please. I reside in Lagos.
Re: You Can Still Get That Dream Job!!!!!!!no More Depression/check Here Now by HRclinic: 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2019
cris83:
I have a Bachelors degree in Geology from university of Ibadan and masters in Petroleum Geoscience from the university of Ghana. Unfortunately I have not been able to find a job despite my qualifications. I do not have any noticeable skills that will make me stand out from my peers other than I am willing to work hard. Only job I was able to get was in a school and that was before I embarked on my masters program. Since I finished my masters in 2014, I have not gotten a single job. I need help desperately please. I reside in Lagos.

Kindly send me your CV, God will see you through.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Data Entry Work For 5k (10 People) / Experienced Maths Teacher Or Computer Instructor For Private School Proprietors / Mobil Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.