Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe - Religion (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe (42290 Views)

The Earth Is Flat ....not Spherical. / Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2021
aadoiza:

MotherFucker grin grin
Always regurgitating bile-laced toxic, and infectious ignorance but would cloak his puerility under self-delusory megalomania.

You just described yourself, lil bitch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2021
budaatum:

You really need to stop projecting yourself on others while hoping it would not be noticed that you are really too ignorant to realise that you are describing yourself.

LMAO! I just made the same response to the dipshit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 4:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
budaatum:

You really need to stop projecting yourself on others while hoping it would not be noticed that you are really too ignorant to realise that you are describing yourself.
HAHAHAHAHA, my buda. I have never been the one cavorting this section or any other of this forum in staggering self-aggrrandizing attempts to drawing absolutely ottiose attention to my erudition by copying and pasting only surface-deep explanations on practical subjects. If you have got proofs of me unscrupulously stooping so low, you may present them.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2021
LordReed:

You just described yourself, lil bitch.
When a prima donna like this numpty above meets pseudo-science, what do you get?
Wait for it....

A pathetic shameless pseudo-science shibboleth.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 4:32pm On Mar 05, 2021
aadoiza:

HAHAHAHAHA, my buda. I have never been the one cavorting this section or any other of this forum in staggering self-aggrrandizing attempts to drawing absolutely ottiose attention to my erudition by copying and pasting only surface-deep explanations on practical subjects. If you have got proofs of me unscrupulously stooping so low, you may present them.

It is because of ignorant people like you, aadoiza, that buda makes a clear distinction between that which is buda's creation and that which buda copies and pastes, but you are far too dimwitted to understand and know the difference.

But don't you worry. We will evolve you so that you too may know. buda promises you that.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 4:32pm On Mar 05, 2021
aadoiza:

When a prima donna like this numpty above meets pseudo-science, what do you get?
Wait for it....

A pathetic shameless pseudo-science shibboleth.

LMAO! Keep describing yourself lil bitchy dipshit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 4:40pm On Mar 05, 2021
budaatum:

It is because of ignorant people like you, aadoiza, that buda makes a clear distinction between that which is buda's creation and that which buda copies and pastes, but you are far too dimwitted to understand and know the difference.

But don't you worry. We will evolve you so that you too may know. buda promises you that.
You're ever so more foolish than that stooge of yours. I'm surprised? Absolutely not.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by aadoiza: 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2021
LordReed:

LMAO! Keep describing yourself lil bitchy dipshit.
He can never come up with something off the top of his head. A terrible obsequious Ewuu Google article copier.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by LordReed(m): 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2021
aadoiza:

He can never come up with something off the top of his head. A terrible obsequious Ewuu Google article copier.

Bwahahahahaha. It would be a waste on a lil bitchy douchebag like you.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by IMAliyu(m): 9:29pm On Mar 05, 2021
An experiment showing the vertical curvature of the earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8MboQzXO1o
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2021
IMAliyu:
An experiment showing the vertical curvature of the earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8MboQzXO1o
joke of the day. if there was any curvature ,the water would have flowed down into it. what you have there is an element of perspective not a physical curvature yet you call yourself a science student.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by IMAliyu(m): 7:26pm On Mar 06, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
joke of the day. if there was any curvature ,the water would have flowed down into it. what you have there is an element of perspective not a physical curvature yet you call yourself a science student.

What's your explanation as to why features disappear as the camera pans down and reappear as it pans up?
This is how vertical curvature should behave.

All should remain visible on a flat surface.

See screenshots, notice how at max elevation the shore line is visible and at low elevation most of the shore disappears.

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:43pm On Mar 06, 2021
IMAliyu:

What's your explanation as to why features disappear as the camera pans down and reappear as it pans up?
This is how vertical curvature should behave.

All should remain visible on a flat surface.

See screenshots, notice how at max elevation the shore line is visible and at low elevation most of the shore disappears.
water does not curve . this is a fact ,it lies flat on the surface any day any time any where. this is perspective due to elevation or height ,same thing happens during flight. when you are on the ground standing at six feet in height ,you only see as far as your eye sight can due to you height but on flight you go up and uncover more land and your eye view would be straight into the horizon because the surface is a plane but if it was curved then as you fly upward and uncover more land, you would have to look down into the horizon and also buildings sighted afar of would not stand parallel to each other,if the earth is curved then building would curve down as they go away into the horizon but we never see this happening.

if there was curvature the water would flow into the curve and occupy it. as a so called science student you should know that you cannot have a curve or slope next to water or any liquid because water always flow until it settles into a place that can contain and hold it intact on all sides.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:46pm On Mar 06, 2021
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:46pm On Mar 06, 2021
aadoiza:
Shame on you the moderator who banned me and hid my post
s
were you banned for debating with lord Reed?
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by IMAliyu(m): 11:03pm On Mar 06, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
water does not curve . this is a fact ,it lies flat on the surface any day any time any where. this is perspective due to elevation or height ,same thing happens during flight. when you are on the ground standing at six feet in height ,you only see as far as your eye sight can due to you height but on flight you go up and uncover more land and your eye view would be straight into the horizon because the surface is a plane but if it was curved then as you fly upward and uncover more land, you would have to look down into the horizon and also buildings sighted afar of would not stand parallel to each other,if the earth is curved then building would curve down as they go away into the horizon but we never see this happening.

if there was curvature the water would flow into the curve and occupy it. as a so called science student you should know that you cannot have a curve or slope next to water or any liquid because water always flow until it settles into a place that can contain and hold it intact on all sides.

Your reference/proof of the bolded? Or are just assuming this?

Because water is in fact known to be spherical in shape as a droplet in free fall, and can take a curved form due to surface tension.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:42pm On Mar 06, 2021
IMAliyu:

You reference/proof of the bolded? Or are just assuming this?

Because water is in fact known to be spherical in shape as a droplet in free fall, and can take a curved form due to surface tension.
is that river in the photo a droplet of water? a body of water that lies at rest is flat on the surface no matter the shape of its container just like you see it in a bucket or cup or swimming pool. try putting water on a container with a convex floor and see if the water will curve on the surface . if you dispute the fact that large body of water does not curve then the onus lies on you to provide real life example of large bodies of water curving.
.this fact should not even be a topic of argument . it is impossible for that river to obscure the view of a place because it has some convexity on the surface.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by IMAliyu(m): 11:46pm On Mar 06, 2021
EMILO2STAY:

The fact that more land can be uncovered as you rise in elevation is evidence of the curvature.

On a flat surface your vanishing point (horizon) distance should remain mostly the same even if you rise in elevation. You should not be able to uncover more land.

Second image is
"A view across a 20-km-wide bay in the coast of Spain. The curvature of the Earth is evident in the horizon across the image, and the bases of the buildings on the far shore are below that horizon and hidden by the sea."

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by IMAliyu(m): 11:56pm On Mar 06, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
is that river in the photo a droplet of water? a body of water that lies at rest is flat on the surface no matter the shape of its container just like you see it in a bucket or cup or swimming pool. try putting water on a container with a convex floor and see if the water will curve on the surface . if you dispute the fact that large body of water does not curve then the onus lies on you to provide real life example of large bodies of water curving.
.this fact should not even be a topic of argument . it is impossible for that river to obscure the view of a place because it has some convexity on the surface.
You made the claim water is always flat.

And the reason I'm bringing this up is to ask you why does a large body of water mostly maintain a level and a droplet does not?

And yes this will circle back to the topic of the shape of the earth.

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:07am On Mar 07, 2021
IMAliyu:

The fact that more land can be uncovered as you rise in elevation is evidence of the curvature.

On a flat surface your vanishing point (horizon) distance should remain mostly the same even if you rise in elevation. You should not be able to uncover more land.

Second image is
"A view across a 20-km-wide bay in the coast of Spain. The curvature of the Earth is evident in the horizon across the image, and the bases of the buildings on the far shore are below that horizon and hidden by the sea."
like I said before , at six feet above the ground your eye sight can't see far enough due to its nature of view because objects get smaller as they move away and the horizon at such height is a short distance from your standing point due to your height, but if you rise higher above the ground then more ground is exposed and the horizon goes away farther from your view and remains straight at view no matter your height of elevation. this characteristic of the horizon remaining straight is a property of a plane surface. if it was a curves one then the horizon should below your eye sight just like the you have it in a steep slope, if your standing on a floor with a steep slope which curves down in front of you , the vanishing point afar off is below your eye such that you have to look down into it. this is how the earth should have been if it is convex, it would slope down at the vanishing point. but we never see this in real life
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:11am On Mar 07, 2021
IMAliyu:

You made the claim water is always flat.

And the reason I'm bringing this up is to ask you why does a large body of water mostly maintain a level and a droplet does not?

And yes this will circle back to the topic of the shape of the earth.
I am not making a claim, I am stating a fact which you already know .

a droplet may not maintain a flat surface compared to a large body of water due to mass
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by IMAliyu(m): 12:31am On Mar 07, 2021

your eye view would be straight into the horizon because the surface is a plane but if it was curved then as you fly upward and uncover more land, you would have to look down into the horizon

This is a 360° video, you could use vr if you'd like, it's a bit data consuming

A simulation of a 1 to 1 scale of the planet, anyway at around 3:25 to 4:20 is the point at which we are high enough that you'd need to look slightly down to see the horizon which is about 30-100km above the ground. Most commercial airplanes only fly at about a 10km altitude, not high enough for the horizon to be below eyesight. Because the earth is bigger than you are imagining it to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpUcZXiKtfU
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by IMAliyu(m): 12:33am On Mar 07, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
I am not making a claim, I am stating a fact which you already know .

a droplet may not maintain a flat surface compared to a large body of water due to mass

And why does mass matter, shouldn't it be flat no mater the quantity/mass?
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:32am On Mar 07, 2021
IMAliyu:

And why does mass matter, shouldn't it be flat no mater the quantity/mass?
simple, more mass more weight/quantity this is the characteristic of liquid.

don't act like you don't know this.

does water in a cup or swimmingly pool curve?
does water curve around around a ball?

can you shoe real life example of water curving around a ball or a spinning ball?
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:54am On Mar 07, 2021
IMAliyu:

This is a 360° video, you could use vr if you'd like, it's a bit data consuming

A simulation of a 1 to 1 scale of the planet, anyway at around 3:25 to 4:20 is the point at which we are high enough that you'd need to look slightly down to see the horizon which is about 30-100km above the ground. Most commercial airplanes only fly at about a 10km altitude, not high enough for the horizon to be below eyesight. Because the earth is bigger than you are imagining it to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpUcZXiKtfU
lol is this a joke? if the earth is curved at 8inches/m^2, them one should be able to see the curve even at six feet of height and this curve should be more obvious at 30 thousand feet up which is about the peak off commercial airline altitude.

just like I gave you the example of a steep slope that goes down in front of you so should the curvature of the earth be as you rise up into the air.

hot air balloon have been sent up 130 thousand feet up with camera attached and the view of the horizon remains straight at eye level , we should not be arguing this if you have been on an air craft before.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by IMAliyu(m): 8:32am On Mar 07, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
lol is this a joke? if the earth is curved at 8inches/m^2, them one should be able to see the curve even at six feet of height and this curve should be more obvious at 30 thousand feet up which is about the peak off commercial airline altitude.

just like I gave you the example of a steep slope that goes down in front of you so should the curvature of the earth be as you rise up into the air.

hot air balloon have been sent up 130 thousand feet up with camera attached and the view of the horizon remains straight at eye level , we should not be arguing this if you have been on an air craft before.
I still don't get what type of other curve you're expecting to see. How should it look like?
Because the edge of the curve is the horizon.

Are you any good at drawing, mind making an illustration of how you think it would look like? doesn't need to be perfect.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by IMAliyu(m): 8:40am On Mar 07, 2021
EMILO2STAY:

simple, more mass more weight/quantity this is the characteristic of liquid.

don't act like you don't know this.

does water in a cup or swimmingly pool curve?
does water curve around around a ball?

can you shoe real life example of water curving around a ball or a spinning ball?

And where does weight come from?
Why do things with mass have weight?

Image of surface of water curving in a cup due to surface tension. (This is unrelated to my questions)

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:12am On Mar 07, 2021
IMAliyu:

And where does weight come from?
Why do things with mass have weight?

Image of surface of water curving in a cup due to surface tension. (This is unrelated to my questions)
your argument no longer holds merit and lacks direction.

a body of water is flat and you know it stop trying too hard for nothing. your not proving anything.

asking were weight comes from and why do mass have weight is of no propose to this arguments because I am not the creator of these element ,I only study there physical properties and characteristics and makes conclusion based on how my common sense experience and reality perceive them.

there is nothing special here even animals can differentiate between solid and liquid.

so your questions are totally irrelevant.
Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:35am On Mar 07, 2021
IMAliyu:

I still don't get what type of other curve you're expecting to see. How should it look like?
Because the edge of the curve is the horizon.

Are you any good at drawing, mind making an illustration of how you think it would look like? doesn't need to be perfect.
you still don't get it . if the earth has any convexity, this means that the ground under you feet goes down as it goes farther out of view just like the ground goes down in front of you in a valley. if this is the case with the earth then one will have to tilt their eye sight downwards to look into the horizon. but in reality the horizon remains straight at sight no matter your level of elevation ,this feature is a characteristic of a vast plane
surface.
if ships disappearing across the horizon is due to the curvature of the earth then one will not need to go so high up in the air to see this curvature since they can see it from ground level.

in 2012 Felix baumgadner jumped from 128,100 ft above the ground ,he claimed to have seen the curvature of the earth but neil degrasse Tyson a famous astrophysicist debunked his claim saying at that height one cannot see the curvature of the earth because it is too big. now why did he do this ? because it was obvious in the space jump of Felix that the horizon was curved by a fish eye lens camera .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9oKEJ1pXPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSg2DLWNIKg

one great characteristic of a lie is contradictions.

1 Like

Re: We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe by budaatum: 11:48am On Mar 07, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
but neil degrasse Tyson a famous astrophysicist debunked his claim .

It's good to know those you trust. Perhaps you'd trust him when he debunks your flat earth too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLPPE3_DVCw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HYMb3MgQRg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUzGV4F7He8

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

Real Beggars, Executive Beggars. Can You Spot The Difference? / Pastor Walter Masocha Sex Scandal With Married Daughter, Resigns / Where Was God Before He Created Heaven And Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.